18-02-2014, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfRbKgYVkY&sns=em

Good grief!

The Sea-gull
18-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Keeper should be doing better there. :greengrin

Smartie
18-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I was an ever-present during the "great adventure" year in the first division.

I only missed seeing us score one goal - scored by Barry Prenderville at Easter Road when I was away getting the pies in.

When I got back, my brother was raving about it, going on about it being "the best strike he's seen at E.R ever" etc etc (bearing in mind this was probably pre-Sauzee).

I've always imagined it as being like this goal. Or that my brother was at it.

ehf
18-02-2014, 09:39 AM

I only missed seeing us score one goal - scored by Barry Prenderville at Easter Road when I was away getting the pies in.

When I got back, my brother was raving about it, going on about it being "the best strike he's seen at E.R ever" etc etc (bearing in mind this was probably pre-Sauzee).

Remember it well; better than Balotelli's effort!

Sylar
18-02-2014, 09:41 AM
And STILL he didn't crack a smile...

MWHIBBIES
18-02-2014, 09:44 AM
And STILL he didn't crack a smile...No one at Milan should be smiling the way their season has went so far.

The_Exile
18-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Remember it well; better than Balotelli's effort!

Also remember it well, against Morton I think at the Famous Five end? For what it's worth Smartie the wind caught it and took it in, you didnae miss much :whistle::greengrin

patlowe
18-02-2014, 12:29 PM

:greengrin I think the quality of this goal is a bit of a myth IIRC. A decent low strike that the keeper probably should have saved is how I remember it!

BonnieFitbaTeam
18-02-2014, 01:04 PM
:greengrin I think the quality of this goal is a bit of a myth IIRC. A decent low strike that the keeper probably should have saved is how I remember it!

Incorrect. Rammed in the top corner from about 30 yards (ok, maybe 25). I was sitting directly behind it in the South Stand. He took it forward and as he was lining it up I said out loud, "Oh for **** sake, don't let him shoot !"

Fail...:greengrin

Future17
18-02-2014, 01:25 PM

Nah, Barry's was top corner. We scored a similar goal not long before (or perhaps after) from almost the same position which was lower - the positioning on the pitch makes me think it was Derek Collins, but it might have been Lovering.

Balotelli is an enigma. He reminds me of Zlatan when he was younger and, with any luck, will grow into the same quality of player. Unfortunately, he's currently a luxury Milan can't afford and I expect him to be offloaded in the summer.

Nando™
18-02-2014, 01:30 PM
I forgot Balotelli existed.

portycabbage
18-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Nah, Barry's was top corner. We scored a similar goal not long before (or perhaps after) from almost the same position which was lower - the positioning on the pitch makes me think it was Derek Collins, but it might have been Lovering.

Balotelli is an enigma. He reminds me of Zlatan when he was younger and, with any luck, will grow into the same quality of player. Unfortunately, he's currently a luxury Milan can't afford and I expect him to be offloaded in the summer.

I was in the east for the Prenderville goal, my memory was it was from just outside the box and went in the bottom corner near post and was never more than a few feet off the ground, don't think it was struck as hard as Balotelli's either (more swerve on it though). I think Derek Collins' was a massive deflection at Falkirk or something that looped over the keeper and was given an OG. I remember Lovering scoring an overhead at ER.:dunno:

patch1875
18-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Sure I read yesterday that arsenal are after him in the summer.

portycabbage
18-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Sure I read yesterday that arsenal are after him in the summer.

I would have thought Prenderville had retired by now.:greengrin

patlowe
18-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I was in the east for the Prenderville goal, my memory was it was from just outside the box and went in the bottom corner near post and was never more than a few feet off the ground, don't think it was struck as hard as Balotelli's either (more swerve on it though). I think Derek Collins' was a massive deflection at Falkirk or something that looped over the keeper and was given an OG. I remember Lovering scoring an overhead at ER.:dunno:

That's how I remember the Prenderville goal - a decent strike. There must be footage somewhere, surely?

Speaking of Collins, I remember a goal he scored in a Scottish Cup win at home (possibly against Dunfermline). Latapy played one of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen which DC ran onto and lobbed the keeper. Anyone else remember this?

portycabbage
18-02-2014, 02:05 PM
That's how I remember the Prenderville goal - a decent strike. There must be footage somewhere, surely?

Speaking of Collins, I remember a goal he scored in a Scottish Cup win at home (possibly against Dunfermline). Latapy played one of the most ridiculous passes I've ever seen which DC ran onto and lobbed the keeper. Anyone else remember this?

DC only scored once for us according to the link below, against Dunfermline in the cup, as I say I think he was trying to claim the one against Falkirk(?) but it was given an OG.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6400

Gettin' Auld
18-02-2014, 03:44 PM
No...........That's not how i remember Prenderville's goal. :greengrin

As someone else said, it was scored in the Famous Five end v Morton.

It was one of those "Naw dinnae shoot" moments, just before the last person you'd expect to score releases a wonder strike. As i remember, it was from at least 25 yards out and screamed into the roof of the net.

patlowe
18-02-2014, 03:53 PM

It was one of those "Naw dinnae shoot" moments, just before the last person you'd expect to score releases a wonder strike. As i remember, it was from at least 25 yards out and screamed into the roof of the net.

I remember it as being at the opposite end and along the ground, with the keeper getting a hand to it but knocking it in. Having said that, I could be thinking of something else and it would not surprise me in the slightest if I was wrong. :greengrin

portycabbage
18-02-2014, 04:00 PM

He scored against St Mirren as well apparently, so maybe that's why we seem to be remembering differently! The one that I remember was also at the Famous Five end, but pretty sure it was in a 2-1 game, which would make it the Morton one (the St Mirren one was 4-1, no idea why I wouldn't remember that!)

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_games.php?playerid=6395&page=1

patlowe
18-02-2014, 04:05 PM
He scored against St Mirren as well apparently, so maybe that's why we seem to be remembering differently! The one that I remember was also at the Famous Five end, but pretty sure it was in a 2-1 game, which would make it the Morton one (the St Mirren one was 4-1, no idea why I wouldn't remember that!)

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_games.php?playerid=6395&page=1

Ah, maybe it's the St Mirren game I'm thinking of...

ekhibee
18-02-2014, 04:07 PM
what about this one?

http://youtu.be/Hz2FkQlAkdk

Off the bar
18-02-2014, 04:20 PM

The first half of that season there where no tv camera's about half way through itv started a div high lights show so like Chic Charnleys goal form half way v Alloa no footage of Prendervilles wonder strike exists. This probably deserves a thread of its own 'Best hibs goals where no footage exists' the arguments would be amazing :greengrin

GlenrothesHibee
18-02-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm going to be honest and say i've never heard of Barry Prenderville! He surely didn't play many games for us?

Gettin' Auld
18-02-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm going to be honest and say i've never heard of Barry Prenderville! He surely didn't play many games for us?

2 goals in 13 games. A not too shabby return for a right back.

Off the bar
18-02-2014, 04:31 PM

was here on a 6 month loan from somewhere down south, I think we wanted to renew but he went back down south

The_Exile
18-02-2014, 05:56 PM
This should be the test for whether you're an uberfan or not. "Describe yon Prenderville goal, who was it against, which corner did it rifle into and at which end of the ground?" :greengrin

lyonhibs
18-02-2014, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfRbKgYVkY&sns=em

Good grief!

He's fairly tickled that into the top bag hasn't he?!?!

Moody arse after it though

Jonnyboy
18-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Worth watching that vid just to witness Mario's obvious elation at scoring a wonder goal. He really is an odd ball

Jones28
19-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Wish the guy would crack a smile after a goal like that!

Anyone catch Ibrahimovichs' latest thunderbolt against Leverkusen last night?!

Rivers Cuomo
19-02-2014, 10:55 AM
was here on a 6 month loan from somewhere down south, I think we wanted to renew but he went back down south

Coventry I think?

eastterrace
20-02-2014, 08:45 PM

definitely famous five end top corner from about 25 yards as i had season ticket at that end and the goal stands out as well as suazee against falkirk

McKenzie
20-02-2014, 09:12 PM
The premier league misses his unpredictable nature. Never far from a bit controversy.

whiskyhibby
20-02-2014, 09:46 PM
No one at Milan should be smiling the way their season has went so far.

I was at the Milan v Madrid game last night, super Mario played quite well and ac but the bar and post in the first half and could have been three up at half time, but I have to say the defence was shocking trying to play football on their 18 yard line and invariably giving the ball to the athletico forwards in very dangerous positions, so easy to see where their troubles lie