PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance - Fake Your Death

JohnStephens91
18-02-2014, 03:27 AM
I may be drunk, but I listened to this song as it was played on BBC Radio 1 and welled up before my staff night out. Amazing band, with four great albums and a fantastic selection of B-Sides and rarities to boot. I remember as a youngster hearing 'Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us' and falling in love instantly - I knew this song was coming and it was gut wrenching to listen to. For me MCR are as big as any classic band, albeit they are cult icons rather than bona fide heroes, their memory will continue on past their death.

Like Phantoms Forever
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Life on the Murder Scene
The Black Parade
Live and Rare
The Black Parade is Dead
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
The Mad Gear and Missile Kid
Conventional Weapons
May Death Never Stop You - all fantastic compilations. It's never too late to listen to them again - truly a once in a generation band who stood up for morals when nobody else would in the music world.

Here is the link to the song - piano heavy rather than their traditional guitar based alternative rock music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJzCahaN8w

Sylar
18-02-2014, 08:03 AM
I may be drunk, but I listened to this song as it was played on BBC Radio 1 and welled up before my staff night out. Amazing band, with four great albums and a fantastic selection of B-Sides and rarities to boot. I remember as a youngster hearing 'Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us' and falling in love instantly - I knew this song was coming and it was gut wrenching to listen to. For me MCR are as big as any classic band, albeit they are cult icons rather than bona fide heroes, their memory will continue on past their death.

Like Phantoms Forever
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Life on the Murder Scene
The Black Parade
Live and Rare
The Black Parade is Dead
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
The Mad Gear and Missile Kid
Conventional Weapons
May Death Never Stop You - all fantastic compilations. It's never too late to listen to them again - truly a once in a generation band who stood up for morals when nobody else would in the music world.

Here is the link to the song - piano heavy rather than their traditional guitar based alternative rock music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJzCahaN8w

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge remains one of my favourite albums of all time - I loved I Brought You My Bullets... but I thought they took it up a notch to TCfSR. However, after that, for me they went rapidly downhill, trying to adopt some pseudo classical rock sound that completely changed everything about them. They lost their post-hardcore sound and suddenly were appealling to a whole new audience that was probably much more profitable to them.

yeezus.
18-02-2014, 01:35 PM
I started listening to MCR when they released the Black Parade. I loved it! House of Wolves is one of my favourite songs and I still listen to the album even though they have split up. So sad to see them break up :rolleyes: