PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham 2014

gringojoe
17-02-2014, 04:55 PM
3 weeks to go and movement in my loins already at the thought of it.

Pretty Boy
17-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Only getting down for Gold Cup Day this year. Can't make the other days but couldn't miss the last Festival before the refurb.

Basing ourselves in Bristol and went for the Club Enclosure this time as Tattersalls is just far too busy during the Festival.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Breaking news today is that Sprinter Sacre won't run at the Festival or again this season.

Queen Mother is wide open now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Queen Mother is wide open now.

Imagine the state she'll be in though! ;-)

Pretty Boy
03-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Annie Power confirmed as running in the World Hurdle.

Joint 2/1 Fav with Big Buck's.

With the 7lbs mares allowance and Ruby Walsh on board that's tempting.

IanM
06-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Fly down Monday as usual for the first 3 days.. we have our Gold Cup party back up here with the boys on the Friday.. by then i'm usually done anyway..

Ante post bets so far of (first bet November, sad sad sad :greengrin)

Jezki - Chamption Hurdle
Baily Green - Queen Mother
Red Sherlock - Neptune
Smad Place - RSA (my thing of the week)
Benefficent - Ryanair
Alfie Sherrin - Baylis
Silvianaco Conti - Gold Cup

I've laid Big Bucks, Hurricane Fly and Sire De Grugy

I'll be on Holywell whever he runs (unless he lines up in the Baylis)

I've had a few quid on David Pipe top Trainer and Tom Scudamore top Jockey

I'm having none of Irving in the Supreme, Dodging Bullets in the Arkle or Bobs Worth in the Gold Cup

And there's something I like about Mount Benbulben in the Gold Cup (place only I'm not drunk) - showed he'll battle all the way in the King George without being good enough to win and he's 38 a place on Betfair so he's one of my outsiders for the week as there's now no pace in the field and I reckon it's set up for a slog over the line..

anyone else shed any light on winners?

Pretty Boy
09-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Gone for an antepost 1st day treble of Irving, Quevega and Champagne Fever. Just a bit of fun but £10 returns just under £230 so would be a tidy extra bit in the bank.

Will have a real study tomorrow for proper 1st day bets once any last minute withdrawls are made and any late news comes out. Also a lot of debate over whether the course will be watered or not so keeping an eye on that as well.

Boydyhfc
10-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Gone for an antepost 1st day treble of Irving, Quevega and Champagne Fever. Just a bit of fun but £10 returns just under £230 so would be a tidy extra bit in the bank.

Will have a real study tomorrow for proper 1st day bets once any last minute withdrawls are made and any late news comes out. Also a lot of debate over whether the course will be watered or not so keeping an eye on that as well.

Have these 3 plus Hurricane Fly in my Lucky 15 for the first day. £12 Lucky 15 Returns just over £265.

Have done in a wee £1.50 e/w double on Time for Rupert & Shutthefrontdoor which Returns £99. Really liking Time for Rupert. Currently 12/1, likes it at Cheltenham & is well handicapped to run another good race.

Throughout the rest of the week, I also fancy;

Red Sherlock - Neptune
Briar Hill - Albert Bartlett
Big Bucks - World Hurdle
Bobs Worth - Gold Cup

I'm off the Thursday, Friday this week. Out Friday for the Gold Cup & it's also my brother's birthday so here's hoping it can be a good end to the week all round :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2014, 07:26 AM
For those of you going down to The Festival, enjoy yourselves, its nearly 20 years since I was down there, jumping up and down as Imperial Call crossed the line to win The Gold Cup was a fantistic feeling. What a fantastic sensation it is when "The Roar" goes up before The Supreme Novice Hurdle.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2014, 09:09 AM
For those of you going down to The Festival, enjoy yourselves, its nearly 20 years since I was down there, jumping up and down as Imperial Call crossed the line to win The Gold Cup was a fantistic feeling. What a fantastic sensation it is when "The Roar" goes up before The Supreme Novice Hurdle.

Down on Friday. Can't really afford the time of work this year but couldn't miss the last Festival before they redevelop.

My first Festival was 2007 when Kauto Star romped home, 2008 for Denman and then 2009 to see Kauto be the only horse to regain the crown. Feel genuinely lucky to see 2 of the best, if not the best, chasers of a generation in their prime. I believe they are both going to be part of the Retraining of Racehorses charity parade today and would have loved to have been down to see them both.

Cheltenham really is one of the great sporting spectacles.

easty
11-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Today I have a £2.50 e/w acc, which returns just under £73k, I'm trying to decide what I'm going to spend all that on just now...:greengrin

1:30 Vautour
2:05 Trifolium
2:40 Tour Des Champs
4:00 Quevega
4:40 Shotgun Paddy
5:15 Pendra

Also got money on Hurricane Fly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Ouch, Champagne Fever was a sair yin!

The_Exile
11-03-2014, 03:02 PM
BOOM, Holywell has just paid for mine and the wee man's ST for next year and then some, superb!

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Leicester ht-ft recovered my Cheltenham losses, going to try and avoid day two.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2014, 01:11 PM
A bit hacked off with D Jacob losing his irons whilst absolutely cruising. Need to remember Calipto for Aintree.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2014, 01:15 PM
A bit hacked of with D Jacob losing his irons whilst absolutely cruising. Need to remember Calipto for Aintree.

FFS! He wins the next race, even more annoying.

CB_NO3
14-03-2014, 02:29 PM
FFS! He wins the next race, even more annoying.
Then gets thrown into the fences and is sent to hospital.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Aye, he certainly had a mixed day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2014, 01:42 PM
A bit hacked off with D Jacob losing his irons whilst absolutely cruising. Need to remember Calipto for Aintree.

I wish I had been able to forget!

Pretty Boy
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
I wish I had been able to forget!

And me.

Thankfully rescued it by backing Silviniaco Conti the race after. Lumped a wedge on The New One in the next.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
****ing hell that was close.

Just sneaks it from Dikali and Rock on Ruby in a 3 way photo. Bookies will be gutted.