PDA

View Full Version : Tv fixtures

ozzie
17-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Any idea when the televised games for march will be announced? Is our game against hearts likely to get changed?

SouthMoroccoStu
17-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Any idea when the televised games for march will be announced? Is our game against hearts likely to get changed?

Is the Caley game on the tv?

GordonHFC
17-02-2014, 12:45 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/tv-games/

ozzie
17-02-2014, 12:48 PM
No date yet for the caley game.

ozzie
17-02-2014, 12:50 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/tv-games/

Yeah thanks I had a look here and its only up to the 1st march just wondered when the rest will be announced.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Hoping they announce derby date soon as time off is at a premium for me.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2014, 04:52 PM

What are you hoping for

hfc rd
17-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Same here. Hopefully an announcement will be made soon.

scoopyboy
17-02-2014, 05:39 PM

It will be the Saturday I would imagine.

The **** are at home to Aberdeen on Tuesday 1st April so it won't be the Sunday.

Early ko would be my guess.

hfc rd
17-02-2014, 05:41 PM

The **** are at home to Aberdeen on Tuesday 1st April so it won't be the Sunday.

Or potentially even Friday night? Give the best youngsters in world football an extra days rest before Tuesday's match against the sheep.

scoopyboy
17-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Or potentially even Friday night? Give the best youngsters in world football an extra days rest before Tuesday's match against the sheep.

Could be but my understanding is that the polis don't want a derby on a Friday night.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Could be but my understanding is that the polis don't want a derby on a Friday night.

:agree: No danger it will be played on a Friday night.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2014, 05:47 PM

Looking unlikely we'll relegate them in this game, unless Partick win a few on the bounce

Billy Whizz
17-02-2014, 05:49 PM
:agree: No danger it will be played on a Friday night.

We're playing Morherwell at home on Wednesday 26th, so it won't be the Friday unless they move the Motherwell game to the Tuesday

craigmounthibby
17-02-2014, 05:52 PM
There is no need to delay announcing the games on TV, so why with 2 weeks to go until March does everyone not know what's happening? Farce. Okay, Dundee Utd game is brought forward a day, and Scottish Cup the following week, which sadly we won't be involved in, but this is becoming a joke. We're trying to confirm prices to sort out going to corporate at Perth on Sat 15th - what chance the game is moved for TV, as a top 6 decider (really - who cares?) to scupper everyone's plans...?

Billy Whizz
17-02-2014, 05:55 PM
There is no need to delay announcing the games on TV, so why with 2 weeks to go until March does everyone not know what's happening? Farce. Okay, Dundee Utd game is brought forward a day, and Scottish Cup the following week, which sadly we won't be involved in, but this is becoming a joke. We're trying to confirm prices to sort out going to corporate at Perth on Sat 15th - what chance the game is moved for TV, as a top 6 decider (really - who cares?) to scupper everyone's plans...?

Celtic will win the league pre split. Probably going to take each of their last 3/4 fixtures before the split for TV
Thank goodness it won't be at our ground

ekhibee
17-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I didn't think they were allowed to show live football matches at 3pm on a Saturday, am I wrong?

hfc rd
17-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I didn't think they were allowed to show live football matches at 3pm on a Saturday, am I wrong?

Most likely not, I think. Both sets of fans would love it to be a 3pm Saturday afternoon but can't see SKY & BT accepting that.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Nope you're spot on.

Live football cannot be broadcast on UK television between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday.

brog
17-02-2014, 09:28 PM

i think it will be the Sunday with the sheep game moved to the Wednesday.

hibs4thecup1988
18-02-2014, 07:12 AM

Can't see them re-arranging games twice.

Will be a Saturday lunchtime KO 12.45pm.

Weststandwanab
18-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Nope you're spot on.

Live football cannot be broadcast on UK television between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday. Out of interest why is that ?

The Sea-gull
18-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Out of interest why is that ?

Think it is to stop clubs losing out on crowds at their "bread and butter" KO time of 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Clubs at any level could be affected if Chelsea v Man U was on the TV on a cold, wet Saturday in January and people who would normally go to their game decided to give it a miss in favour of an afternoon watching the game in the pub or on their cosy armchair by the fire in their living room.

Die hard fans would always chose to watch their team but you don't want to give the fair weather and neutrals going to games for a day out, another reason not to.

The Sea-gull
18-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Looks like the derby scheduled for 29th March will go ahead on 29th but at lunchtime.

Moving it to the Sunday would disrupt the Yams Tuesday fixture though I don't see why you couldn't play Sunday lunchtime and then again on Tuesday night. Surely no bother for pro athletes.

If this was an issue, they could just move the Hearts v Aberdeen game to the Wed as there is still plenty notice time.

As others have said, given the police have taken so long to grant a Friday fixture in Edinburgh (ours v Dundee U next week is the first) I reckon they will want to get a few Friday games done before they decide whether Edinburgh could handle a Friday night derby. Plus there is our game v Well on Wed 26th March and while Sunday lunchtime to Tuesday night seems just about ok for rest time, Wed night to Fri night is quite close for games bu then again they could move that game to Tues 25th.

There is also the option of a late KO of 5.15 - 5.30 on a Saturday but Sky seem to like this for their EPL covergae and not sure the police would go for it. Dunno why as am sure we have had Edinburgh derbies kicking off Saturday tea-time before and don't recall any bother.

scoopyboy
18-02-2014, 09:23 AM

A wee heads up.

We are at Partick on the 15th and Perth on the 22nd.

Be careful you don't book hospitality for the 15th which sees SJ at home to Ross County.

Hermit Crab
18-02-2014, 02:02 PM
What are you hoping for

Saturday.

Gus Fring
18-02-2014, 02:28 PM
As has been said it's likely this game will be a 12:15/30 kickoff on the Saturday if it's chosen for television It's very unusual to move 2 league games to accommodate television. The reason games aren't announced as far in advance as people would like is because there are numerous other things that have to be dealt with first. Stewarding, Policing, Advertising, Road Closures and loads of other wee things as well. The fans are always the last to know and we don't get a choice.

davhibby
18-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Really hoping that it's not the Saturday as I can't make it. Will be devastated

ekhibee
18-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Nope you're spot on.

Live football cannot be broadcast on UK television between 14:45-17:15 on a Saturday.
That's what I thought, but that link for tv coverage includes Ross Co.v St Mirren and Motherwell v Hearts, both 3pm kick offs on a Saturday.

craigmounthibby
19-02-2014, 03:02 PM
A wee heads up.

We are at Partick on the 15th and Perth on the 22nd.

Be careful you don't book hospitality for the 15th which sees SJ at home to Ross County.
Cheers for pointing that out. I did mean the 22nd, and I've double checked that's what we've booked. :wink:

greenpaper55
19-02-2014, 03:21 PM
A wee heads up on upcoming fixtures

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/fixtures

patch1875
19-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Wonder if it will be sky or BT?

scoopyboy
19-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Cheers for pointing that out. I did mean the 22nd, and I've double checked that's what we've booked. :wink:

I had hoped that was the case.

Enjoy.

ozzie
19-02-2014, 07:56 PM
That's what I thought, but that link for tv coverage includes Ross Co.v St Mirren and Motherwell v Hearts, both 3pm kick offs on a Saturday.

Are They not BBC alba games though?

PatHead
19-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Shame they haven't announced the Hearts Hibs game yet. Means they can't start selling tickets yet depriving them of much needed income, s******.

erin go bragh
19-02-2014, 09:41 PM
After the Utd game on the 28th , were not playing at home till the 26th march . Only 3 home games left till the split .

Ggtth

hibee_girl
19-02-2014, 11:00 PM
After the Utd game on the 28th , were not playing at home till the 26th march . Only 3 home games left till the split .

Ggtth

And that game isn't even a Saturday! No Saturday home games at all in march.

portycabbage
20-02-2014, 08:54 PM

Dundee Utd v ST Johnstone Tuesday game now moved so Utd can play tv game on the previous Sunday - maybe the derby will follow suit.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/fixture-amendments-81/