PDA

View Full Version : We played much better without Liam Craig yesterday

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Not a dig at him, I like him. But i feel, if he was playing we may not have won/played like we did. Hopefully when he does come back, he is played in his best position and plays to the best if his ability like he did for Saints.

matty_f
16-02-2014, 09:38 PM
The difference was McGivern bring back, letting Lewis play left midfield, imho. I reckon Craig would have played well with someone else in midfield contributing in the same way that Lewis did yesterday.

shamo9
16-02-2014, 10:00 PM
The position Handling took on Saturday is ideal for Craig so I'd swap them next week (also Watmore for Harris). Craig is a good goal scoring midfielder. Playing him in a deeper role is daft.

Centre Hawf
16-02-2014, 10:02 PM
The position Handling took on Saturday is ideal for Craig so I'd swap them next week (also Watmore for Harris). Craig is a good goal scoring midfielder. Playing him in a deeper role is daft.

:agree:

Kaff
16-02-2014, 10:07 PM
The difference was McGivern bring back, letting Lewis play left midfield, imho. I reckon Craig would have played well with someone else in midfield contributing in the same way that Lewis did yesterday.

Absolutely, neither of them are particularly influential players on their own but as a pair they just seem to work (especially in TB set up) helps the team no end when they are both in the team.

Ricky Bobby
16-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Craigs' form has dipped quite badly since he became captain, I hope Terry lets Nelson keep the armband and allows Craig to concentrate on his own game.

Eyrie
16-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Craigs' form has dipped quite badly since he became captain, I hope Terry lets Nelson keep the armband and allows Craig to concentrate on his own game.

It's not just the captaincy, but the new deeper role that has affected his performance. I'd still prefer him in an attacking role either on the left (unlikely given Stevenson's form) or behind the main striker.

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2014, 10:59 PM

Spot on. But williams a liability again. No competition between the sticks

hibbysam
16-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Spot on. But williams a liability again. No competition between the sticks

Jesus duck let it go! We concede one yesterday, he had one shakyish moment and wasn't really tested much... Made a very brave and crucial punch in second half! A lot less things to worry about than between the sticks as you put it. Defence looks so much more balanced and assured with mcgivern at left back and Lewis at left mid!

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2014, 11:08 PM

I'm glad someone else saw it that way.

essexhibee
16-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Shame he's form has dropped he was playing really well prior to captaincy.

Luna Landing
17-02-2014, 09:11 AM
I think it would be extremely harsh on Handling to drop him for Craig . He played really well on saturday and looked positive in everything he did plus he is also a goal scorer. Craig has been poor for weeks and is not a captain in my view - if you look at his body language its very negative which must rub off on the team . Agree witht he poster that said leave captaincy with Nelson and let Craig earn his place back.

dangermouse
17-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Barring injuries, I'd expect the same starting line up tomorrow night.

scuttle
17-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Tomorrow ?

I'm_cabbaged
17-02-2014, 09:56 AM

I hope you haven't made plans for going :)

Hibbyradge
17-02-2014, 10:10 AM

I hope you haven't.

Given that you stayed in the battle cruiser on Saturday, we've finally located the jinx! :na na:

Hibbyradge
17-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Tomorrow ?

Are we not at Inverness tomorrow night?

jonny
17-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Are we not at Inverness tomorrow night?

Games off for the Inverness cup replay

Billy Whizz
17-02-2014, 12:07 PM

It's still on if you check the Hibs official website under matches!

Duffys13
17-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Be interesting to see how Tel, fits Stanton, Lewis, Robertson and Craig into the team when the latter two return. Like the look of Stanton and Robertson has been one of my favourite players this season. Just wonder how they all fit in. Not to mention the loan signings too

Hibbyradge
17-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Right. I looked on the fishy site where it's still shows as on.

Thanks.

GreenLake
17-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Spot on