PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's starting XI

Seveno
16-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I counted 6 homegrown players starting yesterday. When was the last time we had that proportion ?

Added to that - one of them, Stevenson, was the MotM and another, Stanton, was most people's alternative.

Oh, and we won.

HoboHarry
16-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I counted 6 homegrown players starting yesterday. When was the last time we had that proportion ?

Added to that - one of them, Stevenson, was the MotM and another, Stanton, was most people's alternative.

Oh, and we won.
Now don't be getting all positive on us now. The hystericals won't get you this week but they will remember your comments and ambush you the next time we lose. They will be itching to tell you about how s***e they all are....

Stax
16-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Good point, was thinking the same thing when reading 'gorgiegreen's thread entitled Wholesale changes.. He / She was asking where the next thing from our Youth set up was coming from :rolleyes:.

spike220
16-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Oh, and we won.

Is that you Rod?

Billy Whizz
16-02-2014, 08:44 PM

Oh, and we won.

Good spot and its great news. We've also got a few good ones in the under 20's who Hibs have high hopes may make it to the 1st team as well

hibbysam
16-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Williams 31, Forster 20, Nelson 33, hanlon 24, mcgivern 24, Stevenson 26, taiwo 23, Stanton 19, Harris 19, handling 20, Haynes 26.

6 home grown players in the starting 11.. Average age of 24.. 4 players also still eligible for under 20 football.

Collins 23, boateng 21 and Cairney 26 came on as subs which made the average age of our 14 23.9! Very young side indeed when you think of us having two players over the age of 30! Massive future ahead of a lot of these guys!

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Average age of 23...I fear for our kids health and safety...just look whats happened to the best youngsters in the history of the world across in merrickland???:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

dangermouse
17-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Williams 31, Forster 20, Nelson 33, hanlon 24, mcgivern 24, Stevenson 26, taiwo 23, Stanton 19, Harris 19, handling 20, Haynes 26.

6 home grown players in the starting 11.. Average age of 24.. 4 players also still eligible for under 20 football.

Collins 23, boateng 21 and Cairney 26 came on as subs which made the average age of our 14 23.9! Very young side indeed when you think of us having two players over the age of 30! Massive future ahead of a lot of these guys!

With Grant and Cummings as unused subs :greengrin

Makaveli
17-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I pointed this out yesterday morning on the Stevenson thread and have since seen the Hearts team.

Not to turn this into another Hearts thread but I counted six homegrown players in their eleven, too. The difference being that ours are footballers. :agree:

They greet about being mistreated while we quietly get on with bringing quality players through the ranks. Things are looking pretty bright for us IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
17-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Was my 1st game at ER in quite a while, I was impressed with most of the youngsters, Stanton being the standout.
A lot of nice football and definitely kept on the deck most of the time - 2nd half it starting going a bit long but that was mainly Nelson clearing lines I guess,
All in all a lot of promise and no shortage of quality there. A few sound additions and things look good.

Special mention to Lewis though, outstanding wee man! And I also thought Hanlon was solid. Like the look of Haynes & think there's more to come from him.... Danny Handling had a decent enough game and won some free kicks 2nd half, that helps the team move up the park.... dissapointing finish when in on goal, but he done pretty well over the piece.

Easter Road is stunning - Just hope it's more full next season on a regular basis!