PDA

View Full Version : The Winter Olympics

ekhibee
16-02-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry, I know the respective athletes have put a lot of work into it, but I have no interest in this at all, even though (apparently) we've won 1 or 2 medals. Am I in a minority?

Northernhibee
16-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Naw, it's pish. Just sliding in all its different forms. Any sport that could be taken out with a bag of salt is ****ing pish.

For the record, I'm ****ing gutted that we're doing well at the winter olympics.

HibeeLR
16-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Only enjoying the ice hockey apart from that it's pish

hibIBZ
16-02-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm really enjoying the Olympics but think I may be in the minority

Baba O'riley
16-02-2014, 05:08 PM
I prefer the winter Olympics to the summer. Boyfriend is Canadian so he's been glued to it.

pontius pilate
16-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Enjoying the Winter Olympics to an extent can't be arsed with figure skating or skiing or ice hockey in saying that the USA v Russia game was good. I've got into curling strangely enough. Gutted I missed the jamaican bobsleigh team.

Green Fish
16-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Enjoying the Winter Olympics to an extent can't be arsed with figure skating or skiing or ice hockey in saying that the USA v Russia game was good. I've got into curling strangely enough. Gutted I missed the jamaican bobsleigh team.

Personally I'm enjoying watching the women's Russian curling team

Jay
16-02-2014, 05:53 PM
The snowboarding this morning was brilliant to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jodjam
16-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Personally I'm enjoying watching the women's Russian curling team

All 4 of them were crackers. If you opened them up would there be another wee Russian doll in each of them.

Golden Bear
16-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm become hooked with the curling. Fascinating strategies and the associated terminology is a language in its own right. It's a game of chess on ice and like all sports, when you see the experts play it looks so easy but I bet it's not!

heretoday
16-02-2014, 09:15 PM
The curling is hypnotic. We watched it today on Channel 301 in blissful silence for ages until Steve Cram suddenly butted in with "this is not the most rivetting curling match we've ever seen". Get stuffed Cram and stick to running around Sunderland or whatever you do. Why does the BBC allow an oaf like that to vent his numb skull on the air?

--------
17-02-2014, 04:42 PM
The curling is hypnotic. We watched it today on Channel 301 in blissful silence for ages until Steve Cram suddenly butted in with "this is not the most rivetting curling match we've ever seen". Get stuffed Cram and stick to running around Sunderland or whatever you do. Why does the BBC allow an oaf like that to vent his numb skull on the air?

I think he tries to play it now he's retired from running round in circles.

The Beeb are doing these Games on the dirt cheap - which means the commentating is ill-informed, irritating, and intrusive. I wish I could kill the commentaries but keep the crowd noise - surely that's not beyond the techie geeks at SKY?

Come on, guys - you know it makes sense.

(((Fergus)))
22-02-2014, 03:13 PM
I prefer the winter Olympics to the summer. Boyfriend is Canadian so he's been glued to it.

Same here. Just compare ice hockey versus field hockey, speed skating versus sprinting. All sports could be made un-boring simply by playing them on ice or snow. :agree:

All 4 of them were crackers. If you opened them up would there be another wee Russian doll in each of them.
:greengrin