PDA

View Full Version : Danny Haynes

hibby rae
15-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Perhaps not fully match sharp but I thought he put in a decent shift. Good work rate, good link up play and I think he seems to read the game quite well. Also gives us different options up front which is always nice.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Perhaps not fully match sharp but I thought he put in a decent shift. Good work rate, good link up play and I think he seems to read the game quite well. Also gives us different options up front which is always nice.

I agree.

He looks nippy and he did seem to play himself into the game more this week.

He's even less of a target man then James Collins though.

H18sry
15-02-2014, 07:33 PM
And he had a good goal denied. :agree:

tamig
15-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Thought he did really well today. His pace put the defence under a lot of pressure and he chased down quite a few lost causes to get possession back for us.

Sprouleflyer
15-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Pretty much how we assessed Collins after his first few games.

Heisenberg
15-02-2014, 07:35 PM
He's got much better control and hold up ability than Collins. He's also quicker. Would start him again next week.

wookie70
15-02-2014, 07:37 PM
He looked far more of a target man than Collins to me! Started really well but faded later. Looked good running into channels and great run and cross for our second goal. On the basis of today he is a far better option than Collins.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:42 PM
He looked far more of a target man than Collins to me! Started really well but faded later. Looked good running into channels and great run and cross for our second goal. On the basis of today he is a far better option than Collins.

Really?

He didn't challenge for anything, he didn't win a single header, and he didn't hold anything up.

What's your definition of a target man?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Hanyes and Heff next week please :-)

Unseen work
15-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Really?

He didn't challenge for anything, he didn't win a single header, and he didn't hold anything up.

I thought he held the ball up very well, 2nd goal was a prime example of it

Smiggy 7-0
15-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Thought he did really well today. His pace put the defence under a lot of pressure and he chased down quite a few lost causes to get possession back for us. Been lacking this up front for some time. Liked what I saw last week for the 15 mins he got, and today will have done him a lot of good.

LaMotta

This :greengrin

DaveF
Ball stuck more often that not when played into his feet. Good touch and pace, so overall it was an impressive debut.

Would like to see 2 up top though. Think he would link up well with a partner close by him.

Tyler Durden
15-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Really?

Your first sentence is incorrect on every point! He won several headers - on one occasion their defender went through the back of him but the ref played good advantage.

Some lovely touches and has pace which makes defenders nervous of getting too tight. Much much better than Collins although perhaps the 2 together may work.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 07:49 PM
He's got much better control and hold up ability than Collins. He's also quicker. Would start him again next week.

A perfect description of him today.

Hiber-nation
15-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Really?

You are joking aren't you?

Vast improvement on Collins and can only get better when his fitness improves.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Really?

You were at a different game!

Pretty Boy
15-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Thought his movement was good. Brought Handling into the play well, didn't win a lot in the air but constantly challenged and made it tough for the defenders. Held it up well and generally looked a menace.

Maybe needs a wee bit more composure but that could have been from trying too hard.

Ricky Bobby
15-02-2014, 07:54 PM
You are joking aren't you?

Vast improvement on Collins and can only get better when his fitness improves.

Hardly a vast improvement on Collins. The two players are completely different.
I would look at pairing them up as he has the pace that Collins lacks.
That said i thought he was very positive today and should have had a debut goal.

Hiber-nation
15-02-2014, 07:57 PM
That said i thought he was very positive today and should have had a debut goal.

He plays in the same position so I think I'm perfectly entitled to say he's a vast improvement on Collins!

gaz1875
15-02-2014, 07:58 PM

:top marks

Smiggy 7-0
15-02-2014, 07:59 PM
That said i thought he was very positive today and should have had a debut goal. Defo worth trying this pairing from start against Killie.

theonlywayisup
15-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Don't think Hibbyradge is being critical of Haynes. More, that he is saying that Haynes is not a target man in the mould of Collins! I could be wrong though!

Billy Whizz
15-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Really?

You must have been at a different game to me. Thought he held the ball up well in the 1st half, but you could see he was tiring in the 2nd

wookie70
15-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Really?

I did say he looks far more of a target man than Collins and not that he looked a good target man. Mind you in my opinion Jimmy Crankie is a better option than Collins in the Target man department.

My definition also includes passes below head height where he held the ball up well and brought team mates into the game. I thought he challenged for headers more than Collins does although I would agree he didn't win many if any. Neither Haynes nor Collins look like target men to me but Haynes does look like he could do a job up front.

tanfield
15-02-2014, 08:07 PM
thought there were a few occasions when he could have gone through stronger in the tackle but saying that ball stuck to him pretty well in the first half.

seems a decent option up front for us though.

Pretty Boy
15-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Don't think Hibbyradge is being critical of Haynes. More, that he is saying that Haynes is not a target man in the mould of Collins! I could be wrong though!

Collins isn't a target man either and said as much himself when he signed.

I've tried to back Collins on here time and again but Haynes dealt with the style of service we give far better today than Collins has in recent weeks.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:12 PM

lol Is that your stock response when someone says something with which you disagree?

Anyway, I liked you you were better when you'd stopped going to games...last week. :na na:

:greengrin

Brightside
15-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Plenty of ability. Very happy with him today and certainly plays that role better than Collins.

SMAXXA
15-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Where's hibbyradges comments in return to the majority who seem to have shot him down?

edwards
15-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Really?

Ye need to get to spec savers Haynes and Handling together were like a breath of fresh air. Haynes has a good first touch and hplds the ball up well and plays other players in. I liked collins ok but you could see the difference when collins came on he couldn't hold the ball up for us and it came back at us for the last 20.
Just a pity Duncan Watmore wasn't fit today felt he would have set up a couple for Handling and Haynes

:tbgwa:

Hibbyradge

You're right.

I like Haynes and he looks like he could offer us a lot, but I don't think he's great with his back to goal.

Collins isn't either, but I think he puts in more challenges, wins more headers and generally holds the ball up better.

LancashireHibby
Worked hard, covered a lot of ground and was keen to bring others in to play on the several occasions that he held the ball up. Definitely something to work with.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 08:17 PM
lol Is that your stock response when someone says something with which you disagree?

Anyway, I liked you you were better when you'd stopped going to games...last week. :na na:

:greengrin

I liked it better when I stopped going to games last week but I'm afflicted.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Where's hibbyradges comments in return to the majority who seem to have shot him down?

:faf:

Thanks for hanging on my every word. I didn't know you cared.

Is it ok if I have something to eat now and again?

Vini1875
15-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Personally I would start with both Collins and Haynes. They just pull Killies defence around opening space for others at the same time. As for Haynes v Collins, yes they are different but in terms of front men there is not much to choose between them.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I liked it better when I stopped going to games last week but I'm afflicted.

As was I until I woke up this morning. :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
15-02-2014, 08:22 PM

Thanks for hanging on my every word. I didn't know you cared.

Is it ok if I have something to eat now and again?

I dont care

for people like me that weren't at the game I find it interesting how someone can see things very different from the majority?

was everyone eating Indian but you were adamant it was Chinese?

Ricky Bobby
15-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Collins isn't a target man either and said as much himself when he signed.

I've tried to back Collins on here time and again but Haynes dealt with the style of service we give far better today than Collins has in recent weeks.

I can assure you that if Haynes is played consistently up front on his own as Collins has, it wont be long until the boo boys are on his back.
Also Collins had very little to work with, given that until recently the central midfield performances have been so abject that very little service was given to Collins.
There was more creativity from the midfield today and i think Haynes benefited from that. I would like to see them paired up, but until we can get a grip of a game in the middle of the park i cant see us playing two out and out strikers together.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:24 PM
You must have been at a different game to me. Thought he held the ball up well in the 1st half, but you could see he was tiring in the 2nd

Maybe I noticed it more in the second half in that case, but my general impression is that Haynes wasn't too keen to get into the mix with the County defenders, and I didn't see much stick to him.

I like him, but we really can't expect much if we're going to lump long balls at him.

We need Mixu if we're going to do that.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I dont care

for people like me that weren't at the game I find it interesting how someone can see things very different from the majority?

The people I was with at the game thought similarly to me so it surprises me that so many have the opposite opinion.

I dont care

was everyone eating Indian but you were adamant it was Chinese?

Thai fish cakes.

I was adamant that they were crab. Others thought salmon.

After a look at the packet, we were both right. :wink:

SMAXXA
15-02-2014, 08:29 PM
The people I was with at the game thought similarly to me so it surprises me that so many have the opposite opinion.

Thai fish cakes.

I was adamant that they were crab. Others thought salmon.

After a look at the packet, we were both right. :wink:

Or were they actually crap? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Or were they actually crap? :greengrin

They weren't just Thai fish cakes.

They were M&S Thai fish cakes.

Billy Whizz
15-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Maybe I noticed it more in the second half in that case, but my general impression is that Haynes wasn't too keen to get into the mix with the County defenders, and I didn't see much stick to him.

I like him, but we really can't expect much if we're going to lump long balls at him.

We need Mixu if we're going to do that.

I thought he tried to bully their centre backs in the 1st half, and he was successful with that. What a big physical team County are now.
I actually like James Collins, think he's got a great work ethic, and always gives 100%. Just need to find his best position.

SMAXXA
15-02-2014, 08:40 PM
They weren't just Thai fish cakes.

They were M&S Thai fish cakes.

They wernt just guff

they were hibs guff

:wink:

RyeSloan
15-02-2014, 09:15 PM
I agree with the thoughts on Haynes and Collins together...I think they would link well.

Judas Iscariot
15-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Although I think he's decent, it's not hard to be better than Collins

Heisenberg
15-02-2014, 09:27 PM
The difference between the two was made quite apparent when Collins came on. Every single time the ball went his way it bounced off him and went in all sorts of different directions. He's just a really poor player in my eyes. Happy for him to prove me wrong obviously.

wookie70
15-02-2014, 09:33 PM
The difference between the two was made quite apparent when Collins came on. Every single time the ball went his way it bounced off him and went in all sorts of different directions. He's just a really poor player in my eyes. Happy for him to prove me wrong obviously.

Agree with this and love the Avatar and username. I have just started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Superb series.

leggeto
15-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Haynes before Collins anytime good game today

Iggy Pope
15-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Really?

In your slavering element old friend.

iwasthere1972
15-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Thought he did well but tired a bit about ten minutes before he got subbed for Collins.

When was the last time we had a decent centre forward?

Answers on a postcard to

Rod Petrie
Hibernian FC

Thecat23
15-02-2014, 09:56 PM
It's crazy how we view players. I actually rate Collins and think his hold up play is superb. Doesn't win enough headers for me but that's my only issue. He's got a good touch and rarely loses the ball. Still think with an out and out striker up beside him he'd be a very good player for us.

Ricky Bobby
15-02-2014, 09:58 PM
It's crazy how we view players. I actually rate Collins and think his hold up play is superb. Doesn't win enough headers for me but that's my only issue. He's got a good touch and rarely loses the ball. Still think with an out and out striker up beside him he'd be a very good player for us.

100% this

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 10:00 PM

I rate him too especially his work rate but going on what I've seen I would never describe his touch as good.

Thecat23
15-02-2014, 10:19 PM
I rate him too especially his work rate but going on what I've seen I would never describe his touch as good.

That's what I'm saying it's mad how we view players mate. I don't get how his touch is bad. His chest control is superb when trying to deal with a high punted ball. I wasn't at the Raith game last week but heard he was poor. So can't comment on that.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 10:24 PM
That's what I'm saying it's mad how we view players mate. I don't get how his touch is bad. His chest control is superb when trying to deal with a high punted ball. I wasn't at the Raith game last week but heard he was poor. So can't comment on that.

I wasn't at Raith game either, I just think that his touch to feet is nowhere good enough and the number of times the ball bounces from him is far too often, maybe David Murphy is stuck in my memory. :greengrin

leggeto
15-02-2014, 10:25 PM

he has the touch of an elephant,good work rate is all I've seen from him so far

Thecat23
15-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I wasn't at Raith game either, I just think that his touch to feet is nowhere good enough and the number of times the ball bounces from him is far too often, maybe David Murphy is stuck in my memory. :greengrin

Haha, what I'd do to have a player like that at ER again.

Hermit Crab
15-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Didn't get his goal but claims the assist for the 2nd. Good work rate and quick. Looking forward to seeing him at Killy next week hopefully along with watmore.

Iggy Pope
15-02-2014, 10:32 PM

I think he can trap it further than David Murphy could kick it.

LaMotta
16-02-2014, 02:36 AM

Very crazy. His hold up play is ganting and he has the touch of an elephant. His finishing is dreadful as well. The only thing he has going for him is his work rate. Apparently theres a player in there somewhere, if he gets the service he will start to score goals, he needs another striker up there to help him.

Im sick of hearing that there is a player in there based on ifs buts and maybes, he needs to actually show it on the pitch , which he blatantly hasnt done in his time at ER.

B.H.F.C
16-02-2014, 03:05 AM

Usually agree with what you say TC but can't on Collins. Work rate, yes. But he played about 10'mins and the ball never really stuck to him at all. I find him sluggish.

Haynes tired second half but I thought there was a threat when the ball went up front first half. There was more of a sharpness. With Collins I just never feel like anything is going to happen.

Cropley10
16-02-2014, 08:29 AM
What a difference actually having a boy up top who can play football. He's no world beater but after watching that other guy all season he seems like one.

Cropley10
16-02-2014, 08:35 AM
I thought he tried to bully their centre backs in the 1st half, and he was successful with that. What a big physical team County are now.
I actually like James Collins, think he's got a great work ethic, and always gives 100%. Just need to find his best position.

Best position is on the bench. Allowing us to play 11 players on the park. IMHO.

JimBHibees
16-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Best position is on the bench. Allowing us to play 11 players on the park. IMHO.

Very harsh.

Onion
16-02-2014, 09:04 AM

Bit harsh, but we did appear to carry more of a goal threat with Haynes. His movement and extra pace was a refreshing change from the usual predictable Hibs attack. IMHO Haynes should be No 1 pick until Collins proves otherwise.

jeffers
16-02-2014, 09:09 AM

Totally agree. I thought yesterday was one of his better games. And then he came on.......I really hope we can find some other team to take him off our hands in the summer.

leggeto
16-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Very harsh.

harsh but true

Ricky Bobby
16-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Haynes did very well yesterday and should have had a debut goal, but lets not forget he was playing alone up front against a piss poor county side, he is going to look far more isolated (as Collins has) when we play better sides. The problem for me is the lack of any real creativity from midfield. I would like to see Haynes play together with Collins or Heff, his pace would definitely help both.

Ricky Bobby
16-02-2014, 12:17 PM

It's very harsh to judge a penalty box striker on his first touch when it is 30 yards from goal, he should be judged on putting away chances that fall in the box, of which he has had virtually hee haw. Give the guy a break.

basehibby
16-02-2014, 12:26 PM

:agree: This! Collins always puts in a shift but hasn't got the level of control required for this level IMO - the ball just bounces off him more often than not. Haynes looks a much more accomplished footballer and has the pace, touch and intelligence in posession to make him a first pick up front from our current crop IMO.

basehibby
16-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Haynes did very well yesterday and should have had a debut goal, but lets not forget he was playing alone up front against a piss poor county side, he is going to look far more isolated (as Collins has) when we play better sides. The problem for me is the lack of any real creativity from midfield. I would like to see Haynes play together with Collins or Heff, his pace would definitely help both.

:confused: What was Danny Handling doing then???

Ricky Bobby
16-02-2014, 12:35 PM
:confused: What was Danny Handling doing then???

Playing off the striker, were you not watching?

basehibby
16-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Playing off the striker, were you not watching?

Aye - he was playing up front with Haynes in other words.

Onion
16-02-2014, 12:58 PM

Fact is.... Collins was dropped because of his performance against a very average lower league defence last weekend. Haynes has just performed pretty well against a Premiership defence yesterday.

No contest.

EastCalderHibby
16-02-2014, 07:34 PM
It's very harsh to judge a penalty box striker on his first touch when it is 30 yards from goal, he should be judged on putting away chances that fall in the box, of which he has had virtually hee haw. Give the guy a break.

100% Agree The midfeild yesterday was far more attack minded so haynes would have better support than collins was getting plus as Ricky Bobby
said he's 30 yards from goal with the first touch .We were spoilt last season with LG and what he did in that position .As long as he gives his all he as will haynes get my full support

Ronniekirk
16-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Totally agree. I thought yesterday was one of his better games. And then he came on.......I really hope we can find some other team to take him off our hands in the summer.

Agree I am not even sure he is a penalty box scorer who would give us a better return with better service Be interesting to see how many games he now starts with the competition we now have .

EastCalderHibby
16-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Fact is.... Collins was dropped because of his performance against a very average lower league defence last weekend. Haynes has just performed pretty well against a Premiership defence yesterday.

No contest.

his performance What about the rest of the dross did they all get pass marks
did not realise he was at fault for any of their goals

Nevi_SOL
16-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Really?

That sounds similar to Collins

Onion
16-02-2014, 07:46 PM

Ask TB :)

number 27
16-02-2014, 07:49 PM

His stupid handball gave away the free kick they scored their second from

EastCalderHibby
16-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Very harsh were you as harsh on him when he scored the winner v **** .he gives his all ,I know that does not make him the best
but ffs give him a break he's a penalty box player

shetlandhibee
18-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Haynes seems decent, he must be better than collins anyway! Collins falls over whenever there is someone behind him, he cant shoot for s*** and has the touch of a baby elephant. Havent seen much of Haynes but from what I have seen and heard he can control and football, is fast and can score which is what we need!

Fergus52
18-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Very crazy. His hold up play is ganting and he has the touch of an elephant. His finishing is dreadful as well. The only thing he has going for him is his work rate. Apparently theres a player in there somewhere, if he gets the service he will start to score goals, he needs another striker up there to help him.

Im sick of hearing that there is a player in there based on ifs buts and maybes, he needs to actually show it on the pitch , which he blatantly hasnt done in his time at ER.

If everything you said in this post is true, then how come so many posters were mentioning him on the player of the year thread?

GreenOnions
18-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I was impressed with Haynes and feel he deserves to retain his place. He held the ball up better than Collins has been doing and that's one of the things we need - especially if we're going to be playing 4-2-3-1 or some variation of that.

I think Collins deserves to be given more of a chance though. Most of the time he's been playing we have had very little creativity with no Harris or Stanton or even Watmore or Cairney. It's been a tough shift for him and his confidence will have suffered.

I'd like to see Collins have a wee rest and then come back in once Harris, Stanton and Watmore have settled into the side more and when (hopefully) we are creating more for our striker.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2014, 04:56 PM
If everything you said in this post is true, then how come so many posters were mentioning him on the player of the year thread?
Beats me He is on a three year contract so not going anywhere fast .So think he will get further opportunities between now and end of season but don't think he will come back in from start for Killie game

jeffers
18-02-2014, 05:04 PM

Some people thought Makalamby was a good goalkeeper..........

Scouse Hibee
18-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Some people thought Makalamby was a good goalkeeper..........

And even try to convince other folk with stats :faf:

LaMotta
18-02-2014, 09:37 PM

False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing.

shetlandhibee
22-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Danny haynes from what ive seen and heard is gpretty decent fast, strong and cn score a bit of goals. Good move by tb to bring in a striker because collins is useless, he can shoot for s***, has the touch of a baby elephant and falls over whenever someone is behind him. Im also a bit disappointed by heffernan he seems decent technically but has the physic of a 80 year old, very one footed and is very slow and weak. Right thats my rant over;) :') Imo I think Cummings with a bit of confidence and if gets his first goal will flurish next to a decent stricker!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-02-2014, 06:30 PM
A decent striker at last?

ekhibee
23-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Purely on what I saw of the highlights against Killie, Haynes looks a far better player than Collins, and it was a superb header too. He's fast, works hard, and seems to have a good eye for goal. Unfortunately Collins only seems to have 1 of those qualities, on what I've seen so far anyway. I wonder what it would cost to sign Haynes permanently?

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Purely on what I saw of the highlights against Killie, Haynes looks a far better player than Collins, and it was a superb header too. He's fast, works hard, and seems to have a good eye for goal. Unfortunately Collins only seems to have 1 of those qualities, on what I've seen so far anyway. I wonder what it would cost to sign Haynes permanently?

Collins plus 100K.

The 100K coming our way.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2014, 06:55 PM
On the plus side the baby elephant scored a well-taken goal against the yams (ok so did the man who did a lot of unseen work).

I do scratch my head about Collins - hopefully not another one of these enigmatic players Hibs have a tendency to sign who arrive full of promise but fail to reach expectations.

As for Haynes only saw him for the home games. Lively and a threat. Good to see him get amongst the goals. But I do fear there's no danger he'll be here if I works out beyond the season - yet another player away from family for me it just doesn't work but who knows could they move to Embra? You can tell from the tweets his family (rightly so) are everything to him. Just like Leigh away from home could never be anything other than a short term option.

Hermit Crab
23-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Haynes plays for Killy according to the bbc..........;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/u2a3a7a6.jpg

Leishy1995
23-02-2014, 10:42 PM
His contracts up at seasons end and notts county fans hate him, if he keeps his form at a good level he's welcome to stay.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-02-2014, 10:47 PM
His contracts up at seasons end and notts county fans hate him, if he keeps his form at a good level he's welcome to stay.

End of next season is it not? I like him.

Leishy1995
23-02-2014, 10:48 PM
End of next season is it not? I like him.

His first interview I'm sure he said it was the end of this season. Terry might have said it too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-02-2014, 10:50 PM
His first interview I'm sure he said it was the end of this season. Terry might have said it too

Aw, I looked at his wiki and it says his deal expires in summer 2015? Regardless, hope we can keep him if he keeps doing what he is doing!

hfc rd
23-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm sure he hinted in his first interview after signing for us that he would be open to making his move up here permanent.

Sir David Gray
23-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Aw, I looked at his wiki and it says his deal expires in summer 2015? Regardless, hope we can keep him if he keeps doing what he is doing!

:agree: He signed a two year deal with them last summer so his contract is up at the end of next season.

County Magpie
25-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Just read through this thread with interest.

He is in contract with county until summer 2015, not all county fans hate him - he is just frustrating.

You have yourselves a decent but inconsistent player. He seems to lack confidence and head will go down very quickly when things are not going his way. He is very quick and he gets to show this when he is played in his preferred position of right mid.

I will be keeping an eye on his progress at hibs, lived in edinburgh for a few years when studying and regularly visited both hibs and hearts grounds and enjoyed the games, I was pleased to hear he had gone to SPL on loan.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2015, 09:07 PM
I was sorting and deleting my bookmarks list and I found this old thread that I must have kept for future "told you so" opportunities. Iggy Pope, in particular, take heed.

Haynes is just about getting a game for English 6th tier side, Ebbsfleet United.

Collins is still scoring goals for League one outfit Shrewsbury. He was their top scorer last term in league 2.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-10-2015, 09:14 PM
I was sorting and deleting my bookmarks list and I found this old thread that I must have kept for future "told you so" opportunities. Iggy Pope, in particular, take heed.

Haynes is just about getting a game for English 6th tier side, Ebbsfleet United.

Collins is still scoring goals for League one outfit Shrewsbury. He was their top scorer last term in league 2.

If thats why you kept it, it's a bit sad.

Hibbyradge
29-10-2015, 09:16 PM
If thats why you kept it, it's a bit sad.

3pm
29-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Nae wonder we went down with pish like that playing.

adhibs
29-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Had completely forgot about him and struggling to havr any recollections of him playing for us. Says it all about hoew ***** he and my memory is

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Spoke to wee Watmores best mate whilst on holiday in Greece. Danny enjoyed treating the younger boys like sh@t, very rarely spoke, supported or even passed the ball in training. Made theirs lives misery and was allowed to do so.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

SquashedFrogg
29-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Spoke to wee Watmores best mate whilst on holiday in Greece. Danny enjoyed treating the younger boys like sh@t, very rarely spoke, supported or even passed the ball in training. Made theirs lives misery and was allowed to do so.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Not convinced this is true.

Did we actually train under Butcher?

Billy Whizz
29-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Not convinced this is true.

Did we actually train under Butcher?

All I read was we ate cakes when TB was in charge

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Brutal player. The fact Butcher decided to start him in the second leg against Hamilton just summed up how clueless he was. That tie was screaming out for Thomson to sit in the middle of the park and slow things down, instead Butcher chucked a headless chicken who hadn't played for weeks on to the wing. Was it 7 minutes he lasted before bringing Harris on, to then sub him off to finally bring on Thomson. An embarrassing sequence of events that perfectly sums up Butchers entire managerial career to be honest.
In mildly similar news, read earlier that 15 clubs are currently keeping tabs on Watmore

Smartie
30-10-2015, 11:10 AM
I thought that - like Watmore - he looked quite lively when he came on against Raith on his debut. He looked like he had a bit of what we'd been lacking most - pace - and that with the right service he would go on and do well for us.

Then - nothing.

He seemed to be dragged down by the general malaise about the place, looked totally out of confidence and I don't really remember him making a single meaningful contribution. I remember him at least trying to gee up the fans once or twice (at St Mirren?) and being met with total apathy.

At least he could have been a positive influence about the training ground having made a decent impact at a higher level earlier in his career (Ipswich) but it seems that even that was too much to ask.

I think that the mood around the club went way beyond Butcher to be fair but the manager was clearly a part of it. The "culture" at Hibs was totally wrong and it is great credit to Stubbs and Dempster that they appear to have turned that aspect around so significantly and so quickly.

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 11:23 AM
I thought that - like Watmore - he looked quite lively when he came on against Raith on his debut. He looked like he had a bit of what we'd been lacking most - pace - and that with the right service he would go on and do well for us.

Then - nothing.

He seemed to be dragged down by the general malaise about the place, looked totally out of confidence and I don't really remember him making a single meaningful contribution. I remember him at least trying to gee up the fans once or twice (at St Mirren?) and being met with total apathy.

At least he could have been a positive influence about the training ground having made a decent impact at a higher level earlier in his career (Ipswich) but it seems that even that was too much to ask.

I think that the mood around the club went way beyond Butcher to be fair but the manager was clearly a part of it. The "culture" at Hibs was totally wrong and it is great credit to Stubbs and Dempster that they appear to have turned that aspect around so significantly and so quickly.

Did he not score an absolute raker at Killie then get himself sent off or am I imagining that. :greengrin

Smartie
30-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Did he not score an absolute raker at Killie then get himself sent off or am I imagining that. :greengrin

Did he not get sent off at St Johnstone? The game we lost and were terrible but Sean Murdoch played a blinder?

Was it not Roy O'Donovan who scored the howitzer that surprised us all at Killie?

I honestly don't remember Haynes scoring for us but I could be wrong.

JimBHibees
30-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Did he not get sent off at St Johnstone? The game we lost and were terrible but Sean Murdoch played a blinder?

Was it not Roy O'Donovan who scored the howitzer that surprised us all at Killie?

Yep think I am getting my journeymen mixed up. :greengrin

Just checked Haynes scored his one goal for Hibs against Killie but was a close range header in a 1-1 draw.

HappyHanlon
30-10-2015, 12:10 PM

He scored a header against Killie away.

His red card in Perth was shocking and I hoped his loan spell was terminated with immediate effect. Guy was pony.

Centre Hawf
30-10-2015, 03:06 PM
I can vaguely remember his header being quite the belter. Was behind him and had to check his run and angle his body in a weird way to get to it. But my word was this guy dire. And that's not to back up anyone in the argument of James Collins Vs Danny Haynes. Both were rife and I can't quite believe we ever had they two in our ranks.

The Sundance Kid
30-10-2015, 03:13 PM
I can vaguely remember his header being quite the belter. Was behind him and had to check his run and angle his body in a weird way to get to it. But my word was this guy dire. And that's not to back up anyone in the argument of James Collins Vs Danny Haynes. Both were rife and I can't quite believe we ever had they two in our ranks.

Yeah, it was a good header. Sadly the only moment of quality he produced in his whole time here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FfQ8sikmT4

Green Fish
30-10-2015, 03:15 PM
All I remember is him knocking a woman off her feet who was behind the goals with a wayward shot away to Saint Johnstone