PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings Hibs V Staggies

Davy Mac
15-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Williams 7 - Rating would have been higher but don't why his communication seems so poor with his defence

Forster 7 - Excellent performance today, got stuck in and drove forward when he could
Nelson 6 - Solid as a rock, deputised well as vice-captain
Hanlon 6 - Another good mature performance and always willing to go in where it hurts
McGivern 6 - Great to see him back, crosses much improved as well

Taiwo 7 - Excellent once again, worthy of a new contract if he can perform like that every week
Stevenson 7 - Well done Lewis, really turned around his season with a great attitude, some timely interceptions
Stanton 8 - Wahl, what a player we have on our hands, great goal, great passing and glides along the pitch MOTM
Harris 5 - Well off the pace and body language looked fragile. Struggling for confidence

Handling 6 - Should have been hooked earlier but seem to come onto a game before being subbed. 2 goals midweek and should have added to that with a 1 on 1

Haynes 6 - Ok actually, quick and clever doesn't look like he'll score a barrow load but much brighter and less laboured than Collins

Cairney 3 - Flatters to deceive but played his part
Boateng 1 - I think he touched the ball
Collins 2 - Whined to the ref in 10 mins than Haynes did in the whole match, just get oan wi it....

Ref 2 - Got lots of decisions wrong on both sides and again a soft decision led to their goal
Butcher 7 - In fairness he didn't shake it up as much as he said he would but got more speed into the team
Staggies - their number 23 is a player - who he?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Williams 7 - Rating would have been higher but don't why his communication seems so poor with his defence

Forster 7 - Excellent performance today, got stuck in and drove forward when he could
Nelson 6 - Solid as a rock, deputised well as vice-captain
Hanlon 6 - Another good mature performance and always willing to go in where it hurts
McGivern 6 - Great to see him back, crosses much improved as well

Taiwo 7 - Excellent once again, worthy of a new contract if he can perform like that every week
Stevenson 7 - Well done Lewis, really turned around his season with a great attitude, some timely interceptions
Stanton 8 - Wahl, what a player we have on our hands, great goal, great passing and glides along the pitch MOTM
Harris 5 - Well off the pace and body language looked fragile. Struggling for confidence

Handling 6 - Should have been hooked earlier but seem to come onto a game before being subbed. 2 goals midweek and should have added to that with a 1 on 1

Haynes 6 - Ok actually, quick and clever doesn't look like he'll score a barrow load but much brighter and less laboured than Collins

Cairney 3 - Flatters to deceive but played his part
Boateng 1 - I think he touched the ball
Collins 2 - Whined to the ref in 10 mins than Haynes did in the whole match, just get oan wi it....

Ref 2 - Got lots of decisions wrong on both sides and again a soft decision led to their goal
Butcher 7 - In fairness he didn't shake it up as much as he said he would but got more speed into the team
Staggies - their number 23 is a player - who he?

Graham Carey:aok:

cameronw-hfc
15-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Williams- 8, put his head in where it hurts for one good punch

Forster- 7, solid, got forward when he could
Nelson- 6, wins everything, crap distribution
Hanlon- 6, solid, and much better distribution than nelson
Mcgivern- 7, good to see him back, looked more composed

Taiwo- 8, very good, puts himself about well and took his goal well
Stanton- 9, wow, what a player.
Harris- 5, looks unfit and no sharp yet, just needs game time.
Stevenson- 9, constantly proves his critics wrong, week after week.

Hanlding- 7, very good control, good passing, just a little safe at times. Played a few brilliant passes though
Haynes- 7, very energetic and quick and was very good in the first half, tired towards the end.

subs- 2, not enough time.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Lewis Stevenson was outstanding. Man of thr Match by a long way.

Stanton had a decent first half and scored a lovely goal, but he faded in the second 45.

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Graham Carey:aok:

I couldn't believe st. Mirren released him. Would love him at e r

Sent from my iphone

lucky
15-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Sorry but only Stanton and Stevenson get above 6. That was dire to watch again. Why are we playing only 1 up front?

The Harp Awakes
15-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Sorry but only Stanton and Stevenson get above 6. That was dire to watch again. Why are we playing only 1 up front?

Really? Thought Taiwo was outstanding :rolleyes:

wookie70
15-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Williams 7 - Poor decision which nearly cost us a goal in first half but looked solid thereafter.

Forster 5 - Worked hard but I thought they looked dangerous down his side. Not given any help by Harris though
Nelson 6 - Decent in the air against the giants in Blue but terrible distribution and looked all at sea when they were running towards him
Hanlon 7 - Brave and strong saving us on a number of occasions. Looked over his injury
McGivern 7 - I am not a fan of his but I thought he played really well today and formed a great partnership with Lewis

Taiwo 8 - I think TB will be changing his mind on Tom. Played really well today breaking up play and generally being a nuisance. Kept the ball well and was really composed for his well deserved goal.
Stevenson 8 - Between him and Sam for my MOTM. Amazing energy covering the whole length of the pitch and worked well with McGivern. Crossing has improved as has his passing.
Stanton 8.5 - My MOTM. Skill vision. great early passes and brilliant at keeping the ball in tight situations. Sparky like free kick and for a lightweight lad looks very strong on the ball. He made two or three fantastic bursts and looks great running with the ball. Take a bow Sammy
Harris 4 - Lacking confidence and looks like he is playing with that horror challenge constantly running through his mind. Needs a spell in the U20s and might get one when Watmore comes back

Handling 7 - Played well taking up some great positions. It is obvious he has played with Stanton before as they linked really well. Could have scored and deserves to keep his place

Haynes 7 - Was heading for a higher score but ran out of gas before being subbed. The ball stuck well when played forward to him and he did a power of work hassling their defenders. Set up second goal with a great run and cross and was a breath of fresh air compared to Collins.

Cairney 4 - Looked eager to impress and did OK. He looks a better option than Harris to me but I think Watmore will play that side
Boateng 1 - Not involved
Collins 1 - Looked like he has looked for most of the season. Poor

Ref 6 - He definitely used the advantage law to its fullest degree and tried his best to let the game flow. Got a few decisions wrong but kept his cards in his pocket which is a good thing imo.
Butcher 7 - Changes were mostly imposed but I thought they worked well. Harris should not have started but in general the team played like a Butcher team. Hassling at every opportunity and looking to get the ball into danger areas quickly. Our passing for the first hour was pretty good(as long as the Admiral wasn't involved) and movement was decent too.

Unseen work
15-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Defense seem to get dragged about a bit too much sometimes, especially Forster at right back but IMO it's due to Harris not defending well at all.

Midfield Stanton and taiwo were brilliant and complemented each other well. Handling done well with good touches and passing, pass for the second goal was good. Stevenson good shift again foward and back but want him to create more from wide postions. Harris just not at the races still think he's a long way from fitness.

Haynes lead the line well fast, good touch and brings others into the game well. Plays more on the last man which is good for us IMO and can see him getting more goal scoring chances than Collins

Brightside
15-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Williams 7 - Poor decision which nearly cost us a goal in first half but looked solid thereafter.

Forster 5 - Worked hard but I thought they looked dangerous down his side. Not given any help by Harris though
Nelson 6 - Decent in the air against the giants in Blue but terrible distribution and looked all at sea when they were running towards him
Hanlon 7 - Brave and strong saving us on a number of occasions. Looked over his injury
McGivern 7 - I am not a fan of his but I thought he played really well today and formed a great partnership with Lewis

Taiwo 8 - I think TB will be changing his mind on Tom. Played really well today breaking up play and generally being a nuisance. Kept the ball well and was really composed for his well deserved goal.
Stevenson 8 - Between him and Sam for my MOTM. Amazing energy covering the whole length of the pitch and worked well with McGivern. Crossing has improved as has his passing.
Stanton 8.5 - My MOTM. Skill vision. great early passes and brilliant at keeping the ball in tight situations. Sparky like free kick and for a lightweight lad looks very strong on the ball. He made two or three fantastic bursts and looks great running with the ball. Take a bow Sammy
Harris 4 - Lacking confidence and looks like he is playing with that horror challenge constantly running through his mind. Needs a spell in the U20s and might get one when Watmore comes back

Handling 7 - Played well taking up some great positions. It is obvious he has played with Stanton before as they linked really well. Could have scored and deserves to keep his place

Haynes 7 - Was heading for a higher score but ran out of gas before being subbed. The ball stuck well when played forward to him and he did a power of work hassling their defenders. Set up second goal with a great run and cross and was a breath of fresh air compared to Collins.

Cairney 4 - Looked eager to impress and did OK. He looks a better option than Harris to me but I think Watmore will play that side
Boateng 1 - Not involved
Collins 1 - Looked like he has looked for most of the season. Poor

Ref 6 - He definitely used the advantage law to its fullest degree and tried his best to let the game flow. Got a few decisions wrong but kept his cards in his pocket which is a good thing imo.
Butcher 7 - Changes were mostly imposed but I thought they worked well. Harris should not have started but in general the team played like a Butcher team. Hassling at every opportunity and looking to get the ball into danger areas quickly. Our passing for the first hour was pretty good(as long as the Admiral wasn't involved) and movement was decent too.

Williams - 6 Couple of saves but comms with defence is really poor at the moment.
Forster - 6 decent in defence poor distribution.
Nelson - 5. Not shocking but too many mistakes and very poor passing.
Hanlon - 7 Did very little wrong. One poor pass.
McGivern - 7 Best performance in a while.

Harris - 6 Struggling for fitness still and pace shows. Had a decent spell in 2nd half.
Stanton - 8 First half brilliant. Struggled to get on the ball in the 2nd but that was due to our defence pumping the ball up.
Taiwo - 7 Consistent. Worked had and did his job.
Stevenson - 8 Super shift. Oh for a team with his willing.

Handling - 7 Worked very well with Haynes - tired in 2nd half.
Hayes - 7 Very decent first start. Tired and should prob have came off earlier.

Subs - Cairney..... i give up. Effort missing. Not good enough to get in the squad.
Collins .... effort but lacking in ability. Everything Haynes proved to be easy when he was on just looks really difficult to collins.

Up The Bracket
15-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Williams - 6 - Did what was required, especially in the first half when they had a few dangerous corners with the sun shining right over him, but like has been mentioned, his communication with his defence is concerning, no chance with the goal.

Forster - 6 - A few shaky moments caught out of position, but an overall assured performance, a few important tackles but I still think his future is at centre half, gets caught out far too much out wide at times.

Hanlon - 7 - Without wanting to jinx anything, when was the last time he had a bad game? Solid as ever, one important block late in the first half in particular, keep it up Paul, our best defender by a country mile.

Nelson - 5.5 - A few bombscare moments and was extremely wasteful alot of the time, not a particularly bad performance but I'm not that convinced by him.

McGivern - 6.5 - Solid, I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but he was good today.

Harris - 4 - Simply not match fit IMO, doesn't look a patch on the Alex Harris that broke into the team about a year ago, really hope he recovers from his injury because I'd hate for him to be another Booth.

Stanton - 8 - Superb, all round midfielder, when was the last time we had a player in the middle of the park that could run with the ball like he does? Looks the best out of our current crop of youngsters, the only thing that I'm still pondering is why he's only just broke into the team now.

Taiwo - 7 - Alot of hard running, got his goal and he just does the simple stuff well, well played Tom

Stevenson - 9 - Take a bow, fantastic going forward, fantastic tracking back, his attitude is just fantastic, I love you Lewis Stevenson.

Handling - 5.5 - Not too bad, missed a great chance and just slows down play far too much for my liking, I still don't really see what he brings to the team unfortunately.

Haynes - 7 - Did well to set up Taiwo's goal, looks quick, hope to see him start again next week.

Pretty Boy
15-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Williams 6 Thought he could have done better at the goal but will need to see again.

Forster 6 so so
Hanlon 7 decent
Nelson 5 not one of his better games
McGivern 7 glad to see him back

Harris 4 struggling and needs a rest imo. Don't want to end up with another Spoony situation.
Taiwo 7 glad to see him back in the side
Stanton 7 faded out a bit mid 2nd half but what a prospect
Stevensom 8 deserved MOTM

Handling 7 linked quite well with Haynes. Good shift.
Haynes 7 encouraging full debut.

Beefster
15-02-2014, 08:57 PM

Good to know that I'm not alone in thinking, win aside, that today was murder.

eastterrace
15-02-2014, 11:07 PM
is harris as good as what we hoped he is, cause i cant see it, stanton looks a player tho , the times harris had just one man to beat and he just didnt do it or am i being harsh, let me know.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 11:29 PM
is harris as good as what we hoped he is, cause i cant see it, stanton looks a player tho , the times harris had just one man to beat and he just didnt do it or am i being harsh, let me know.

Harsh as he's not long back from a horrific injury and still not fully fit. He will be back to his best next season. He looked scared to take players on, but maybe because he's afraid he'll get injured again. Sure he'll get his mojo back soon:aok:

eastterrace
15-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Harsh as he's not long back from a horrific injury and still not fully fit. He will be back to his best next season. He looked scared to take players on, but maybe because he's afraid he'll get injured again. Sure he'll get his mojo back soon:aok:

hope your right but at the moment he just cant beat a man, when you look at stanton he just glides pass players . okay he does drift in and out later in a game but he still looks a player

happiehibbie
15-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I think I was at a different match today !

I wish we could have a like button under postings

in general we got a win, We where good at spells SAM Stanton a stick out.

its like my report card from school "could do better"

eastterrace
16-02-2014, 12:00 AM
I think I was at a different match today !

I wish we could have a like button under postings

in general we got a win, We where good at spells SAM Stanton a stick out.

its like my report card from school "could do better"

no you were at the same game as me, we won but we have players who aint good enough

macd123
16-02-2014, 01:13 AM
no you were at the same game as me, we won but we have players who aint good enough

I enjoyed today and thought it was entertaining. I don't think we are too far off we just need to get the midfield blend right - that is who plays with stanton and stevenson.

I like taiwo, he s our best tackler but he still checks and passes sideways or backwards too much. It also leaves us with quite a short midfield which can be an issue against some teams.

Not sure what our next game is but could perhaps add robertson or craig and play stanton off the striker.

Weststandwanab
16-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Lewis Stevenson was outstanding. Man of thr Match by a long way.

Stanton had a decent first half and scored a lovely goal, but he faded in the second 45. Lewis was fantastic again.

Williams - 6 - Did what was required, especially in the first half when they had a few dangerous corners with the sun shining right over him, but like has been mentioned, his communication with his defence is concerning, no chance with the goal.

Forster - 6 - A few shaky moments caught out of position, but an overall assured performance, a few important tackles but I still think his future is at centre half, gets caught out far too much out wide at times.

Hanlon - 7 - Without wanting to jinx anything, when was the last time he had a bad game? Solid as ever, one important block late in the first half in particular, keep it up Paul, our best defender by a country mile.

Nelson - 5.5 - A few bombscare moments and was extremely wasteful alot of the time, not a particularly bad performance but I'm not that convinced by him.

McGivern - 6.5 - Solid, I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but he was good today.

Harris - 4 - Simply not match fit IMO, doesn't look a patch on the Alex Harris that broke into the team about a year ago, really hope he recovers from his injury because I'd hate for him to be another Booth.

Stanton - 8 - Superb, all round midfielder, when was the last time we had a player in the middle of the park that could run with the ball like he does? Looks the best out of our current crop of youngsters, the only thing that I'm still pondering is why he's only just broke into the team now.

Taiwo - 7 - Alot of hard running, got his goal and he just does the simple stuff well, well played Tom

Stevenson - 9 - Take a bow, fantastic going forward, fantastic tracking back, his attitude is just fantastic, I love you Lewis Stevenson.

Handling - 5.5 - Not too bad, missed a great chance and just slows down play far too much for my liking, I still don't really see what he brings to the team unfortunately.

Haynes - 7 - Did well to set up Taiwo's goal, looks quick, hope to see him start again next week. I think hat is about correct.

I enjoyed today and thought it was entertaining. I don't think we are too far off we just need to get the midfield blend right - that is who plays with stanton and stevenson.

I like taiwo, he s our best tackler but he still checks and passes sideways or backwards too much. It also leaves us with quite a short midfield which can be an issue against some teams.

Not sure what our next game is but could perhaps add robertson or craig and play stanton off the striker. I think this s a distinct possibility.

Brightside
16-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Yep the lad just needs games and time from the fans. Needs to get his confidence back.

GreenOnions
16-02-2014, 10:38 AM
I agree with the general sentiment expressed by most above. I would emphasise how good Hanlon looked (again). He really was faultless.

It's great that our three best players yesterday (Hanlon, Stanton and Stevenson) came up through our own youth ranks.

Other positives from yesterday - McGivern looked better than he has for a while and I like what I saw of Haynes. He didn't strike me as offering a goal threat but his movement was good and he held the ball up much better than our other strikers have done this season.

I also liked the much more positive approach the team demonstrated in the first half - pressing high up the pitch, passing quickly and getting players up in support of an attacking move.

I like the formation we played. It may be designed to accommodate Stanton where he appears best - just behind the striker. Due to injuries yesterday Stanton played in a deeper role and Handling played just behind Haynes.

Downside included the way we fell out of the game from about five minutes before half time onwards and gradually lost confidence.

Also still think Nelson is not good enough at this level and his lack of pace is alarming. Did he pass to a green shirt even once yesterday?

I like Handling and thought he did ok yesterday. However, when Boateng replaced him and came on to play deep midfield with Stanton moving forward to play where Handling had been I felt we immediately looked more dangerous. I'm afraid that I never quite feel Handling offers a threat. In fact - if he'd scored when he was through 1on1 yesterday he would have put us 3-0 up and that would have finished the game. As it was - his effort was poor and was saved easily and.a few minutes later it was 2-1.I don't think he's shown yet that he's got what it takes at.SPFL level.

I also thought Taiwo scrapped well but when he has the ball it really reminds me too much of Pat Fenlon's time as his first instinct is caution. The majority of his.passes go sideways or backwards and so often the momentum of our move is lost.

LioNeilMessi
16-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree with the general sentiment expressed by most above. I would emphasise how good Hanlon looked (again). He really was faultless.

It's great that our three best players yesterday (Hanlon, Stanton and Stevenson) came up through our own youth ranks.

Other positives from yesterday - McGivern looked better than he has for a while and I like what I saw of Haynes. He didn't strike me as offering a goal threat but his movement was good and he held the ball up much better than our other strikers have done this season.

I also liked the much more positive approach the team demonstrated in the first half - pressing high up the pitch, passing quickly and getting players up in support of an attacking move.

I like the formation we played. It may be designed to accommodate Stanton where he appears best - just behind the striker. Due to injuries yesterday Stanton played in a deeper role and Handling played just behind Haynes.

Downside included the way we fell out of the game from about five minutes before half time onwards and gradually lost confidence.

Also still think Nelson is not good enough at this level and his lack of pace is alarming. Did he pass to a green shirt even once yesterday?

I like Handling and thought he did ok yesterday. However, when Boateng replaced him and came on to play deep midfield with Stanton moving forward to play where Handling had been I felt we immediately looked more dangerous. I'm afraid that I never quite feel Handling offers a threat. In fact - if he'd scored when he was through 1on1 yesterday he would have put us 3-0 up and that would have finished the game. As it was - his effort was poor and was saved easily and.a few minutes later it was 2-1.

I also thought Taiwo scrapped well but when he has the ball it really reminds me too much of Pat Fenlon's time as his first instinct is caution. The majority of his.passes go sideways or backwards and so often the momentum of our move is lost.

I thought Taiwo passed the ball really well yesterday. He also couldn't of been that cautious yesterday if he was in the six yard box to score the winner.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Williams ... 6 ... solid enough, with a stronger hand he would have saved the free kick, or at least it looked that way.

Forster ... 6 ... OK as a filler at RB ... but we need a specialist in there ASAP.
Nelson ... 6 ... strong in the challenge, but passing is poor and he aint the quickest.
Hanlon ... 7 ... good game yesterday.
McGivern ... 6 ... decent game, lets hope he continues to get back to form.

Taiwo ... 7 ... got involved and a brilliant block on a shot in the last second of the game.
Harris ... 5 ... needs to get match fitness and his confidence back.
Stanton ... 8 ... would have been 9 but for a bit of a second half fade .. what a prospect he looks.
Stevenson ... 8.5 ... MoM for effort and some decent play .... if only he could beat a man to the byline.

Handling ... 7 ... some good play from Danny ... he is never going to be a 15 goals a season player though.
Haynes ... 7 ... did very well in his first start, but was blowin' bubbles with 20 minutes to go, could be an asset when fitter.

Not much to say about the subs. But I'm sure I heard some booing when Collins came on .... if I did knock it off!!! You dont boo a Hibs player on FFS.

As for the match itsself ..... We were good in the first half, but the way we faded in the second and let County boss large parts of the game was alarming ... in the end we were fortunate that we didnt concede an equaliser ... we need to be a 90 minute team if we are going to get anywhere.

Saorsa
16-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Good to know that I'm not alone in thinking, win aside, that today was murder.:agree: An important win with other results going our way too but I agree, I thought it was grim.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Williams very nearly cost us another with his flap coming for a cross. Again
Williams/Hanlon lack of communication actually directly led to our winner.

Stanton. Absolute class but faded second half.

Taiwo was solid I thought.

Lewis was good again.

Harris is really struggling at the moment.

GreenOnions
16-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought Taiwo passed the ball really well yesterday. He also couldn't of been that cautious yesterday if he was in the six yard box to score the winner.

Sorry but I don't think this necessarily follows Tte exception doen't prove the rule. Neat and tidy but for the most part cautious and unambitious IMO.

jdships
16-02-2014, 03:12 PM

I don't normally post on what my two lads at EM tell me ( for obvious reasons) but in this case they have both said he is " still feeling his leg and very conscious of how bad it was "
Looks as though it is an " in the mind " thing which only time will "heal"

Good luck to the lad !!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Williams 7 - much better. beatem by a good FK

Forster 5
Hanlon 6
Nelson 5
McGivern 5

Harris 5
Taiwo 7
Stanton 8.5
Stevenson 7

Handling 6
Haynes 7

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Williams ... 6 ... solid enough, with a stronger hand he would have saved the free kick, or at least it looked that way.

Forster ... 6 ... OK as a filler at RB ... but we need a specialist in there ASAP.
Nelson ... 6 ... strong in the challenge, but passing is poor and he aint the quickest.
Hanlon ... 7 ... good game yesterday.
McGivern ... 6 ... decent game, lets hope he continues to get back to form.

Taiwo ... 7 ... got involved and a brilliant block on a shot in the last second of the game.
Harris ... 5 ... needs to get match fitness and his confidence back.
Stanton ... 8 ... would have been 9 but for a bit of a second half fade .. what a prospect he looks.
Stevenson ... 8.5 ... MoM for effort and some decent play .... if only he could beat a man to the byline.

Handling ... 7 ... some good play from Danny ... he is never going to be a 15 goals a season player though.
Haynes ... 7 ... did very well in his first start, but was blowin' bubbles with 20 minutes to go, could be an asset when fitter.

Not much to say about the subs. But I'm sure I heard some booing when Collins came on .... if I did knock it off!!! You dont boo a Hibs player on FFS.

As for the match itsself ..... We were good in the first half, but the way we faded in the second and let County boss large parts of the game was alarming ... in the end we were fortunate that we didnt concede an equaliser ... we need to be a 90 minute team if we are going to get anywhere.

Never heard booing mate when Collins came on...quite the opposite i thought he got a warm reception from crowd.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-02-2014, 03:26 PM
If that's the case harris needs our full support till he gets over this...not getting on his back like some did yest. Imo a wee spell in under 20's might do him good...maybe once watmore is back...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk