PDA

View Full Version : todays ref

just_joe
15-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Seeing as we won today im guessing the ref was OK? Notice theres always a thread about the ref every time we lose.

dunfyhibby
15-02-2014, 05:54 PM
He was sh**te

GreenCastle
15-02-2014, 05:57 PM
He was poor I thought - I actually go to games expecting a bad ref (that's the sad state of Scottish reffing) - we rarely get a decent ref - win, lose or draw.

Numerous times let players dictate what was happening plus gave some confusing freekicks.

The only thing I thought he was ok at was giving advantage then pulling it back if no advantage gained.

Should have given the County fullback a yellow for blatant foul in 2nd half of Forster.

just_joe
15-02-2014, 05:59 PM
You remember not so long ago they had foreign refs in the SPL for one game? what a difference.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 06:00 PM
He was fine.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 06:01 PM
The refs at ER recently have been embarrassing.

Mikey
15-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Was he really that bad? He was certainly consistent, particularly with playing advantage and then going back for the foul if there was no advantage gained. That's how RC got the free kick for their goal.

ozzie
15-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Was he really that bad? He was certainly consistent, particularly with playing advantage and then going back for the foul if there was no advantage gained. That's how RC got the free kick for their goal.
There did appear to be a few occasions where he played advantage allowed them to make a couple of passes lose the ball then brought it back. Not sure that's quite how advantage works.

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2014, 06:19 PM
So was the third for us a goal and why was it chalked off ?

leggeto
15-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Didn't think he was to bad tbh,tried to let the game flow with the advantage rule,was let down by the linesmen though, 7/10 for me

staunchhibby
15-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Thought Haynes had scored.Will be interesting to watch it on sportscene

Davy Mac
15-02-2014, 07:05 PM

Dinnae be daft, Sportscene will not show it as they don't do positive highlights with Hibs.

They skim over the game as quick as they can. Haven't watched it in years.

twiceinathens
15-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Few controversial decisions to be made but allowed players to steal yards at throw-ins and free kicks. Also stretched advantage beyond the limit.

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 07:22 PM
He was baws!

Sent from my iphone

Pretty Boy
15-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Another absolute joker.

I might do the referees course because judging by the standard of our 'elite' refs it must be easy to pass.

kaimendhibs
Dinnae be daft, Sportscene will not show it as they don't do positive highlights with Hibs.

They skim over the game as quick as they can. Haven't watched it in years.

Just a wee thing, but on sport sound they said hibs beat Ross county then qualified it with 'albeit they had to withstand a lot of pressure'! Why always the digs?

Sent from my iphone

matty_f

The annoying thing about that one was that Haynes had been fouled in a similar position in the first half, with Stevenson getting the advantage and losing it in their box iirc, whereas when their wide player lost it the play got called back. He needed to be consistent when applying advantage.

Kato
15-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Why always the digs?

They can say anything they like about us, and do, as they know no-one at the club will say anything about it. The only representation Hibs have on there is Craig Paterson and he happens to be one of the most sporting a even-handed commentators around. The others slate Hibs, giggle and cheer when Hibs lose a goal and don't even bother to hide their disappointment if Hibs win or score.

maturehibby
15-02-2014, 07:31 PM
He was that bad - another Thomson style ref - "Look at me shafting the home team " not afraid to give incorrect decisions against them and get the fans going to see their reaction - made so many howlers and the Foster one was the worst but also allowed a County player to clatter into Nelsons head and then wave play on to Ross County.
Another waste of space who got his £800 march fee for total incompetence

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Just a wee thing, but on sport sound they said hibs beat Ross county then qualified it with 'albeit they had to withstand a lot of pressure'! Why always the digs?

Sent from my iphone

You've got a cracker of a chip on your shoulder. That's not a dig at us.

They're reporting on the game and it's an accurate comment - we did have to withstand a lot of pressure.

Had we won easily, they would have said so.

Seriously, what would you have expected them to say?

Twa Cairpets
15-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I actually thought he had an pretty good game, by and large.

He should have booked the county player for the Forster foul, but other than that I can't think of anything dramatic to be honest. I thought his application of advantage was pretty good and consistent. If the ball was over with haynes that s the linesman's call really.

He was right not to stop play when the County player was down when Hibs scored, I suspect many refs would have pulled it back when the County attack broke down.

A couple of irritating yards stealing at throws is not a major crime.

Opinions eh?

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Ooops that's me told! You know nothing about me, but I do think it's a dig at us even if you don't! Heard them mention all the results but just ours had the comment! The score was 2-1, that's all they had to say until the actual match report. Cya

Sent from my iphone

O'Rourke3
Thought the ref was fairly poor. I think he tried to be consistent but failed. Did p*ss me off when he puffed his chest out a couple of times and did the "strut" Managed to miss blatant pushes on our centre halfs. RC were the biggest side I've seen all season and they were all pretty good at "cute" fouls. Not cheating per se but certainly bordering on ungentlemanly conduct.

Can't wait to see a replay - thought the ball was over the line in the second half and didn't think the lino was up on the line to judge, thought he was about 10 yards out.

DaveF
You've got a cracker of a chip on your shoulder. That's not a dig at us.

They're reporting on the game and it's an accurate comment - we did have to withstand a lot of pressure.

Had we won easily, they would have said so.

Seriously, what would you have expected them to say?

Disagree. County had one half chance when their number 3 hooked it over the bar late on but apart from that I don't recall may opportunities to score? They put on some pressure as they were trailing and trying to get an equaliser, but a lot? No.

emerald green
15-02-2014, 07:48 PM
I've seen far worse than today's referee. At least he didn't seem to have some sort of vendetta against HFC, like Thomson.

delbert
15-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Another absolute joker.

I might do the referees course because judging by the standard of our 'elite' refs it must be easy to pass.

Dalkeith Campus 10am tomorrow morning, we will know you because you will be the new face who knows all the answers

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:50 PM

Sent from my iphone

Disagree. County had one half chance when their number 3 hooked it over the bar late on but apart from that I don't recall may opportunities to score? They put on some pressure as they were trailing and trying to get an equaliser, but a lot? No.

The game was more or less played in our half after they scored, Dave.

They only created a couple of chances, but that's because we dealt with the pressure we were under, after a fashion.

I certainly didn't feel that we were comfortable until the final whistle sounded.

wookie70
15-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I thought he had a decent game. He missed a booking when Forster has hacked down but I prefer refs to keep their cards in their pockets as much as possible. The first ref I have seen apply the advantage rule consistently and with a bit of common sense. Very strong for our second goal where he realised they had had the chance to put ball out so no need to stop play when we got the ball. I would be happy if he reffed every Hibs game compared to some of the idiots we have had of late.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Ooops that's me told! You know nothing about me, but I do think it's a dig at us even if you don't! Heard them mention all the results but just ours had the comment! The score was 2-1, that's all they had to say until the actual match report. Cya

Sent from my iphone

I don't know anything about you, but it was the "Why always the digs" remark that suggested to me that you had a chip on your shoulder.

What other "digs" have you heard?

I assure you though, that I'm not trying to "tell you" anything.

If you want to believe that the Sportsound team have something against us, that's up to you.

I don't think they do, and I said so when replying to your point.

That's what discussion forums are for. Chill. :aok:

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Ok, let's agree to disagree then

Sent from my iphone

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Ok, let's agree to disagree then

Sent from my iphone

No.

DaveF
15-02-2014, 07:57 PM
The game was more or less played in our half after they scored, Dave.

They only created a couple of chances, but that's because we dealt with the pressure we were under, after a fashion.

I certainly didn't feel that we were comfortable until the final whistle sounded.

Nor I, but given we have not won at home since 2nd Jan, that's understandable.

The 3 best chances in the 2nd half all fell to us. Handling clean through, header off the bar \ line and Stanton's late run and shot.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Nor I, but given we have not won at home since 2nd Jan, that's understandable.

The 3 best chances in the 2nd half all fell to us. Handling clean through, header off the bar \ line and Stanton's late run and shot.

True, but the rest of the time, we were under pressure.

My discomfort had nothing to do with the last time we won at home, it was because of the pressure county were exerting on our defence.

We were scrambling things away, only to have them come straight back at us, time after time.

Anyway, no matter. We kept them out and won the 3 points.

We've failed to do just that on too many previous occasions so credit where it's due.

JimBHibees
15-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Actually thought he was poor today. Thought he missed a few obvious fouls against Hibs and gave them a few really soft fouls.

dave62
15-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Thought he was one of the better refs I've seen at ER recently, although heaven knows that's not saying much.

Was good to see a ref trying to play advantage and let the game flow rather than blowing up at the first opportunity, waving cards about and generally giving it the big "I'm in charge" routine.

I'm at the other end of the ground, so couldn't tell if the Haynes shot was over the line.

Jonnyboy
15-02-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm in the 'he did ok' camp. A few baffling decisions affecting both teams but overall he was unfussy and certainly not in the 'look at me' Craig Thomson mold

Hermit Crab
15-02-2014, 10:31 PM
You remember not so long ago they had foreign refs in the SPL for one game? what a difference.

Scabs.

Hermit Crab
15-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Def not over the line.

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Def not over the line.

Not what I heard pal

Sent from my iphone

SmashinGlass
15-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Not what I heard pal

Sent from my iphone

Not what I saw either. Looked substantially over the line from where I was, and I had a pretty good view

givescotlandfreedom
16-02-2014, 12:05 AM
No.

If that's banter it's dire.

kaimendhibs
16-02-2014, 12:06 AM
If that's banter it's dire.

Agree that's why I didn't respond pal

Sent from my iphone

seven nowt
16-02-2014, 12:37 AM
He was sh**te

Agree. Not much more needs to be said!

mcfly
16-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Ref was ok few mistakes but we only see the mistakes against us.

Remember though he was the guy who gave us the penalty v hearts so in not going to criticise him.

It was a nervy win for hibs but Stanton was good again.

We've got a right good player in that lad.

Hibercelona
16-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Thought the ref was fairly poor. I think he tried to be consistent but failed. Did p*ss me off when he puffed his chest out a couple of times and did the "strut" Managed to miss blatant pushes on our centre halfs. RC were the biggest side I've seen all season and they were all pretty good at "cute" fouls. Not cheating per se but certainly bordering on ungentlemanly conduct.

Can't wait to see a replay - thought the ball was over the line in the second half and didn't think the lino was up on the line to judge, thought he was about 10 yards out.

Ungentlemanly conduct?

The day football converts completely into a gentlemans game, will be the day I pack the whole thing in.

JimBHibees
16-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Ungentlemanly conduct?

The day football converts completely into a gentlemans game, will be the day I pack the whole thing in.

Think that phrase is still in the rules, basically gamesmanship. Bearing in mind that this term was in the rules when players were able to boot anything that moved and get a ticking off.

Hibercelona
16-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Think that phrase is still in the rules, basically gamesmanship. Bearing in mind that this term was in the rules when players were able to boot anything that moved and get a ticking off.

I remember the last Serie A match I watched. Went at snail pace with the whistle being blown every 15-20 seconds for the slightest of contacts.

Horrendous to watch.

Twa Cairpets
16-02-2014, 08:47 AM

Not been in the laws for years. It was replaced with "unsporting behaviour".

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Can someone confirm on the replay the number of paces he counts out for the respective free kicks.

I counted one big step and a total of nine for us and one big step and 10 for RC.