PDA

View Full Version : East Stand linesman (Ralph Gordon)

overdrive
15-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm amazed he didn't try to cheat us at every opportunity he could. I did part of my accountancy training with him and he is a massive Hearts fan and couldn't disguise his dislike of Hibs. Wonder what he's done with his Hearts shares that he said he would have a problem with should he start being involved in more senior games.

EDIT: he was a nice enough guy but definitely sees things through maroon tinted glasses

wearethehibs
15-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I could understant this thread if he'd actually done anything wrong.

overdrive
15-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm saying I'm surprised he didn't do much wrong.

cleanyman
15-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Why are you amazed?

all the refs and assistants aren't cheats.

Except one...

oconnors_strip
15-02-2014, 05:52 PM
He was the main stand linesman on Tuesday night at the under 20s derby, again had some shocking decisions

--------
15-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm amazed he didn't try to cheat us at every opportunity he could. I did part of my accountancy training with him and he is a massive Hearts fan and couldn't disguise his dislike of Hibs. Wonder what he's done with his Hearts shares that he said he would have a problem with should he start being involved in more senior games.

EDIT: he was a nice enough guy but definitely sees things through maroon tinted glasses

Not all officials are cheats. Not all officials allow their club allegiance to colour their judgement.

He didn't have a bad game - you yourself admit he didn't do much wrong - so why the thread?

"An assistant referee did OK, but I know he's a Hearts fan, so why didn't he cheat us?" :rolleyes:

monktonharp
15-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I thought he was pish. the ref looked over to him in the first half, for what I thought should have been a penalty. no comment from the linesman. also twice thought that we were victims of silly descisions in the 2nd half, with advantage to county, just taken too far.

kaimendhibs
15-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Denied us a clear and obvious corner but never noticed anything else. That bam of a ref on the other hand......

Sent from my iphone

maturehibby
15-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Denied us a clear and obvious corner but never noticed anything else. That bam of a ref on the other hand......

Sent from my iphone
So true Pal worst ref since Mclean last week and Thomson the week before

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 07:56 PM

Integrity!

McD
15-02-2014, 08:03 PM
He was the main stand linesman on Tuesday night at the under 20s derby, again had some shocking decisions

All three of those officials, particularly the baldy ref, were bloody awful, although it was funny giving them and listening to the other fans dogs abuse that they had to have heard

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Integrity!

Beyond purchase ;)

Weststandwanab
16-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Sent from my iphone The ref was terrible.

Beyond purchase ;) Boom boom !

Brooster
16-02-2014, 09:32 AM
I work beside Ralph and yes he is a hearts fan but not a massive fan with a dislike for Hibs. As an official he is as honest as they come and I thought he had a good game yesterday. He often gets hibs youth games and talks encouragingly about the young talent at hibs.

Spike Mandela
16-02-2014, 10:17 AM
If I was a linesman or referee I would endeavour to be seen as competent in my job rather than biased towards Hibs.