15-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Crowd 8411
Thought it would be higher

VivaHiberña
15-02-2014, 05:10 PM
After last week?

Westie1875
15-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Lots of season ticket holders missing around our seats today.

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2014, 05:20 PM
After last week?

It could have something to do with school holidays, or that we got horsed last week. I choose the horse option.

Ronniekirk
15-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Crowd 8411
Probably what you would expect after cup exit and losing run Hopefully we kick on from here for 6th and with younger players skill on show crowds at least stick between. 9 and 10 thousand

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 05:24 PM
A win next week and should be a decent crowd vs Dundee United (Friday night game)

SouthamptonHibs
15-02-2014, 05:25 PM
8,411 better than expected today. After last week thought it would be worse. Big picture we won at Easter Road....whoooohooooo we don't do that often. Get on the lash tonight who knows when the next one will be

sleeping giant
15-02-2014, 05:27 PM
8,411 better than expected today. After last week thought it would be worse. Big picture we won at Easter Road....whoooohooooo we don't do that often. Get on the lash tonight who knows when the next one will be

And stay away from the keyboard :greengrin

Diclonius
15-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I didn't go. Valentine's weekend with the gf and in all honesty I really didn't feel like going after last week.

Pete
15-02-2014, 05:28 PM

The next time we play.:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
15-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Me and little miss Bollah watched the first lord of the rings film with the curtains shut and a big bowl of popcorn instead. I wouldnt have dreamed of 'wasting' my season ticket before now, but we've put up with a lot of rubbish for a long time and sometimes its hard to get the enthusiasm. Only three home games before the split as well, will try to get to at least two of them.

Pete
15-02-2014, 05:30 PM
It could have something to do with school holidays, or that we got horsed last week. I choose the horse option.

Did we just "horse" Ross County?

SouthamptonHibs
15-02-2014, 05:30 PM
And stay away from the keyboard :greengrin

I'm a Happy Hibby tonight mate Dr Jekyll is out Mr Hyde's been telt to bolt!

Hail Hail

SouthamptonHibs
15-02-2014, 05:32 PM
The next time we play.:thumbsup:

Let's hope so. Hopefully we can go on a winning run now

The Sea-gull
15-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Did we just "horse" Ross County?

I'd say a horsing is an embarrassing defeat. Any home defeat to a club from the league below us is embarrassing on my book.

gillie
15-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Lots of season ticket holders missing around our seats today.

Maybe you should buy some right guard it's half price at Morrisons the now!

GreenCastle
15-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Was much more positive from where I sit in the East today. (Though winning always helps)

I do find it funny those who like to hurl abuse rarely shout and encourage when we do play well - parts of the 1st half.

Credit to section 43 for attempting to generate an atmosphere.

Top 6 is important for the crowds of visiting fans also - though IF we do make it - I can't see us finishing higher than 6th.

Pete
15-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I'd say a horsing is an embarrassing defeat. Any home defeat to a club from the league below us is embarrassing on my book.

A horsing is a thrashing in my book.

This is great. We win and there's chat about low crowds, no strength in depth and Raith Rovers.

I think I'll leave you all to it.:rolleyes:

sleeping giant
15-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Was much more positive from where I sit in the East today. (Though winning always helps)

I do find it funny those who like to hurl abuse rarely shout and encourage when we do play well - parts of the 1st half.

Credit to section 43 for attempting to generate an atmosphere.

Top 6 is important for the crowds of visiting fans also - though IF we do make it - I can't see us finishing higher than 6th.

It will be tough. ICT and St Johnstone still have 2 games in hand too.

.Sean.
15-02-2014, 05:44 PM
No surprise really. I know of 7 or 8 season ticket holders who didn't attend today, including myself.

marinello59
15-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Crowd 8411

Why did you expect it to be higher. My 12 year old laddy predicted it would be 8500 pre- match based on last weeks cup exit.

cleanyman
Expected.

Last week was a gutter.

jdships
Total attendance for the five Scottish Premier League fixtures to -day was just over
25000:rolleyes:

The Sea-gull
15-02-2014, 05:50 PM
A horsing is a thrashing in my book.

This is great. We win and there's chat about low crowds, no strength in depth and Raith Rovers.

I think I'll leave you all to it.:rolleyes:

Great win today. Any win is great as we don't get many. Was never going to make up for last week though or change the fact we have been poor for most of the last 4 years. When we string a decent 4, 5 or 6 months together I'll judge that as us going somewhere.

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Today was the first home game this season that i have not been to but my season ticket was used.
Scunnered after last week was the reason for my absence today.
I had Hibs at 10/11 on a winning acca today.

jimmythefish
15-02-2014, 06:11 PM
didn't make the trek up the day, was intending to before last week, todays win restored a wee bit o faith might make killie next week, defo be back for the utd game on the Friday night

Cameron1875
15-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Total attendance for the five Scottish Premier League fixtures to -day was just over
25000:rolleyes:

Don't let mainstream media see that! They'll be crying for Rangers to come back.

Not surprised by our crowd today but thought everyone that was there got behind the team quite well :flag:

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't let mainstream media see that! They'll be crying for Rangers to come back.

Not surprised by our crowd today but thought everyone that was there got behind the team quite well :flag:

I listened to Sportsound today, Preston said its backs to the wall for Hibs and the home support are not helping.

leggeto
15-02-2014, 06:25 PM
I didn't go. Valentine's weekend with the gf and in all honesty I really didn't feel like going after last week.

wow,time to stamp authority I think ;-)

DaveF
15-02-2014, 06:26 PM
I listened to Sportsound today, Preston said its backs to the wall for Hibs and the home support are not helping.

If you really needed it, then there is the proof that Preston is a grade A walloper who was probably too busy listening to the Hearts game to focus on his 'commentating'.

Fans were in no way on the teams back.

The Voice Of Reason
15-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't blame anyone who didn't go (I didn't go).

Cue the barrage of "überfan" posts !

DaveF
15-02-2014, 06:28 PM
No surprise really. I know of 7 or 8 season ticket holders who didn't attend today, including myself.

Hope you had a good reason or Brooster will no be happy :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
15-02-2014, 06:34 PM
If you really needed it, then there is the proof that Preston is a grade A walloper who was probably too busy listening to the Hearts game to focus on his 'commentating'.

Fans were in no way on the teams back.

Glad the fans were not on their backs, Preston was just hoping against hope i guess :jamboak:

Greenblood70
15-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Around what I'd expect for todays game after last week. Great to see we won today tho although I was another who didn't use their season ticket.

Been reading John Campbell's excellent latest Hibs tome recently (a well written and entertaining read and obviously a labour of love) and its shocking to see some of the attendances in the 80s when, granted the stadium was to put it politely "basic" but had a certain charm imo. They were proper shocking crowds although I seem to remember what are now called Category A games used to pull in very decent nos. I can see crowds certainly dipping next season although you never know if Hibs do some decent transfer business early doors it may give those swithering over renewing an incentive to buy again.

Hibercelona
15-02-2014, 06:37 PM
We seem to perform better when there's nobody there.

Bishop Hibee
15-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Apart from beating Hertz in front of 20,000.

Crowd was as expected. 1 of our crowd was away skiing with his family. Edinburgh school half term too plus small away support. Preston is an arse. We were nervous in the last few minutes but never "backs to the wall" and the fans backed the team well I thought.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 06:43 PM

Especially when the folk who do nothing but abuse players don't turn up too, we play a lot better. GGTTH

hibee_girl
15-02-2014, 06:43 PM
I didn't go as I've not been well, first match I've missed for years!

I gave my ticket to my grandad though so it didn't make a difference

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-02-2014, 06:45 PM
If we get a win vs Killie what do we think the attendance will be for our Friday night home game vs United will be? 12k?

flash
15-02-2014, 07:05 PM

Valentine's weekend? Good grief.

Chuck Rhoades
15-02-2014, 07:08 PM
More worryingly is the lack of people who are willing to get behind the team that do attend.

S4uzee
15-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Especially when the folk who do nothing but abuse players don't turn up too, we play a lot better. GGTTH

Although one guy near me shouted for Harris to get on the weights, can't stand moronic comments like that

The Sea-gull
15-02-2014, 07:17 PM
If we get a win vs Killie what do we think the attendance will be for our Friday night home game vs United will be? 12k?

It is hard to tell as I don't think we have had a Friday fixture at home?Novelty time might bring a few fans out but then we may lose a few who do other things on a Friday. 12k would be good and not unachievable. I'd like to think well get at least 11k.

emerald green
15-02-2014, 07:31 PM
The attendance was no surprise after the massive disappointment of last week. Also the away support couldn't have been much more than 100. That's not being disrespectful to those Ross County fans. I've lots of time for folk who support their local club and travel large distances in crap weather to do so. They are not glory hunters like hundreds/thousands in towns and cities all over Scotland who "support" the Huns or Smeltic. I've rarely known such anger & frustration expressed by so many good Hibs supporters at last week's latest shambolic Scottish Cup exit. Then to get a text telling me Raith Rovers were 4 nil down at HT to Hamilton Accies just made matters worse. A vital 3 points today however. Good in the first half. Poor in the second.

O'Rourke3
15-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I didn't think we'd get 8000 after last week, there are more happy clappers about that I gave credit for. Proud to be in their number too :greengrin

Sir David Gray
15-02-2014, 07:51 PM
I wasn't there today as I was working, I would have been there otherwise.

I'm not surprised by that attendance after last week though and also considering the poor run that we've been on over the past month.

TrinityHibs
15-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Only realised we were at home at 4.10 today when I stopped painting and went to check the score. Could have made it for the last 10 minutes. Not happy.

semaj64
15-02-2014, 08:12 PM
I didn't go as I've not been well, first match I've missed for years!

I gave my ticket to my grandad though so it didn't make a difference

It did we won !! :):) Hoe you feel better soon

eastterrace
15-02-2014, 11:34 PM

9500 i would think.crowds wont get much higher than that imo. long hard slog ahead but hey ill be there to cheer them on.:flag:

GreenArmyyy!
15-02-2014, 11:39 PM

Absolute no chance of a crowd anywhere near 12k

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Absolute no chance of a crowd anywhere near 12k

I like being optimistic:greengrin

Nomeancity
16-02-2014, 12:18 AM
How quickly things change. It was only a few weeks ago Dundee Utd had to open an extra stand for us. Have to admit I wasn't there today for the simple reason i couldn't be arsed. Last week just knocked the stuffing out of me. We will never have a better chance to win that cup.
If that makes me a part time supporter then fair enough, at least I'm only suffering part of the time.

SmashinGlass
16-02-2014, 12:44 AM

They can cry for it all they want, however the fact remains that Rangers are no more. They went bust and are no longer in existence

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 12:55 AM
How quickly things change. It was only a few weeks ago Dundee Utd had to open an extra stand for us. Have to admit I wasn't there today for the simple reason i couldn't be arsed. Last week just knocked the stuffing out of me. We will never have a better chance to win that cup.
If that makes me a part time supporter then fair enough, at least I'm only suffering part of the time.

As the saying goes - "There's always next year."

Note: we have been saying that for the last 113 years! :greengrin

Pete
16-02-2014, 01:13 AM

I think referring to it as things like "that cup" and "the holy grail" are part of the problem. We enter three tournaments and each of them is just as important to me. The media love a story like 113 years so they bang on about it all the time. The cheats do so for obvious reasons...but I heard nothing about Scottish cups when they went nearly 40 years without winning anything.

If you define your support for hibs by their performance in one specific tournament then you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment and frustration. If a defeat to a team that we should have beat knocks the stuffing out of anyone then I'm afraid they've been listening to too much crap and started to believe it.

League cup, Scottish cup...it's all the same to me.

Nomeancity
16-02-2014, 01:29 AM
I think referring to it as things like "that cup" and "the holy grail" are part of the problem. We enter three tournaments and each of them is just as important to me. The media love a story like 113 years so they bang on about it all the time. The cheats do so for obvious reasons...but I heard nothing about Scottish cups when they went nearly 40 years without winning anything.

If you define your support for hibs by their performance in one specific tournament then you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment and frustration. If a defeat to a team that we should have beat knocks the stuffing out of anyone then I'm afraid they've been listening to too much crap and started to believe it.

League cup, Scottish cup...it's all the same to me.

Have to disagree. For me it is THAT CUP. You are in denial. It's not the media that loves the story. Its fact we should have won it by now. If you are saying that you would treat winning THAT CUP the same as LC wins against Celtic, Dunfermline and Killie then fair enough. But for me that's not how I feel.

Pete
16-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Have to disagree. For me it is THAT CUP. You are in denial. It's not the media that loves the story. Its fact we should have won it by now. If you are saying that you would treat winning THAT CUP the same as LC wins against Celtic, Dunfermline and Killie then fair enough. But for me that's not how I feel.

My way of thinking is positive. Nothing to do with being in denial (not quite sure what I'm meant to be denying), I just don't care about all these outside influences. I've not been alive for 112 years so not winning a specific tournament for such a long time doesn't bother me.

Your way of thinking will only bring yourself frustration and is helping to perpetuate a harmful myth surrounding the club that's being fuelled by the patronising media and laughing hearts fans. It's negative, and anyone who thinks in this fashion isn't only beating themselves up for no reason, they're running the risk of possibly helping to add subconscious pressure to our players when they take the field.

Not for me.

Nomeancity
16-02-2014, 02:17 AM
My way of thinking is positive. Nothing to do with being in denial (not quite sure what I'm meant to be denying), I just don't care about all these outside influences. I've not been alive for 112 years so not winning a specific tournament for such a long time doesn't bother me.

Your way of thinking will only bring yourself frustration and is helping to perpetuate a harmful myth surrounding the club that's being fuelled by the patronising media and laughing hearts fans. It's negative, and anyone who thinks in this fashion isn't only beating themselves up for no reason, they're running the risk of possibly helping to add subconscious pressure to our players when they take the field.

Not for me.

Ok. I don't want hibs to win anything and I want the players and mgt to fel the same. That way when we don't win anything we won't be disappointed. I feel better already. In fact I'm now glad raith beat us last week, because who knows we might have lost in the next round. It's always best to get knocked out as quick as you can to avoid bigger heartache later on.

Pete
16-02-2014, 02:27 AM
Ok. I don't want hibs to win anything and I want the players and mgt to fel the same. That way when we don't win anything we won't be disappointed. I feel better already. In fact I'm now glad raith beat us last week, because who knows we might have lost in the next round. It's always best to get knocked out as quick as you can to avoid bigger heartache later on.

Too far. :cool2:

Nomeancity
16-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Too far. :cool2:
Too much Stella for me.

Pete
16-02-2014, 02:35 AM
Too much Stella for me.

It's all good:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2014, 02:42 AM
It's going to be 'interesting' to see what crowds are like next season, if the team is floating around mid-table and there are no derby games. We seem to be averaging 8,500 or so just now, which is poor for a capital city club. We'll need a really good season on the pitch to keep attendances even at current levels.

LaMotta
16-02-2014, 02:43 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=71Wdz2FBOcQ#

:thumbsup: I've been trying to find that video for years! :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 02:45 AM
:thumbsup: I've been trying to find that video for years! :greengrin

I posted it on the wrong thread, oops:greengrin

Pete
16-02-2014, 02:46 AM
It's going to be 'interesting' to see what crowds are like next season, if the team is floating around mid-table and there are no derby games. We seem to be averaging 8,500 or so just now, which is poor for a capital city club. We'll need a really good season on the pitch to keep attendances even at current levels.

Between 3pm and 5pm yesterday we averaged 8500 or so. FFS It's not that bad :greengrin

.Sean.
16-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Hope you had a good reason or Brooster will no be happy :greengrin
Caned it on the Friday and my baby sis was back up the road for the day..... I'm sure Brooster, a very good pal of mine, will let me off.

Off topic Dave but there's a big darts exhibition in Haddington next Sunday... You be in attendance?

Wembley67
16-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Even I'd we were going like the clappers average crowds would not be in excess of 11k, times have changed my fellow hibees.

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Even I'd we were going like the clappers average crowds would not be in excess of 11k, times have changed my fellow hibees.

They certainly have, mate. Over twenty quid for adults is prohibitive to many, and the SPL standard simply isn't worth it. There must be a way to get more people going along.

.Sean.
16-02-2014, 03:16 AM
As folk on this forum will testify, I used to be pretty scathing about folk who simply couldn't be arsed going.... Totally get it now. The last 4 years have been torture and asking folk to stump up over 20 quid to watch that is ludicrous. I never thought I'd see a time when I had a day off work, had cash for a couple pints etc by decided to just not go.... There used to be a group of 7 of us who would spend our last penny travelling anywhere to watch Hibs but the spark has gone. Must be thousands like us. Gonna take a lot to get the mojo back. It's actually quite sad, Hibs used to be the centre piece of my weekend but today I didn't even know or even care about the score until about 6 o'clock.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Crowd 8411

Eh ... based on what?

Considering the kick in the John Daws we were all handed last weekend I'm surprised the crowd wasnt smaller. Well done to everybody who turned up .... we got a decent result so at least there is hope we could add a few hundered on for the visit of Dundee Utd, provided we get a decent result at Killie next weekend.

Actually .... I'm hoping that a Friday night game will grab the imagination and we will add a couple of thousand.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2014, 12:21 PM
As folk on this forum will testify, I used to be pretty scathing about folk who simply couldn't be arsed going.... Totally get it now. The last 4 years have been torture and asking folk to stump up over 20 quid to watch that is ludicrous. I never thought I'd see a time when I had a day off work, had cash for a couple pints etc by decided to just not go.... There used to be a group of 7 of us who would spend our last penny travelling anywhere to watch Hibs but the spark has gone. Must be thousands like us. Gonna take a lot to get the mojo back. It's actually quite sad, Hibs used to be the centre piece of my weekend but today I didn't even know or even care about the score until about 6 o'clock.

And yer only 23 ........ :faf:

The truth is that a lot of fans give up being regulars after a few years .... if that wasnt the case crowds for every club would be a lot bigger. Fans tend to come and go and I would guess that for most clubs the folk who go no matter what do not represent the full extent of their support by any means. Thats how we can get 16,000 home fans for Malmo and the Yams and have folk fighting over 23,000 cup final tickets.

Fans who's attendance is reliant on better play or more success or it being a big game are vital to every club in the end. At least they are willing to go to games .... anyway, how else can a club measure progress apart from its ability to win back disillusioned supporters.

basehibby
16-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Sitting in the crowd I though it was a bit higher than 8400 and odds - but I'm not surprised after the woefull surrender of our SC chances last week - was seriously thinking of giving it a miss myself for that very reason.

Saorsa
16-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Crowd 8411
Thought it would be higherWhy? Efter last weeks showing I doubt there'll be many games with crowds above that unless it's the other teams bringing mair supporters. Another disappointing season and possibly another bottom 6 finish, the 4th time in a row. With performances like we've been puting in lately it's little wonder that even the people who have paid for it cannae be ersed turning up.

One Day
16-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Oh Dear, thats the start of it

Ringothedog
17-02-2014, 10:27 AM

Compared to some of the Hibs teams I have watched, this current team is like Barcelona. At your age(when I had no responsibilities) I couldn't have cared less how bad the team where I followed them everywhere as did my mates. This is NOT an Uber fan debate!!

Gettin' Auld
17-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Oh Dear, thats the start of it

:tee hee:

clerriehibs
17-02-2014, 02:04 PM

Have to disagree - aberdeen's home crowds are up 28%. Why would we be any different if we were on the same run of form?