PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale changes

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2014, 03:48 PM
After threatening the squad last week with wholesale changes, only 3 were made today. 2 were forced.1 suspension ,1 injury & Collins. Does this prove that we have no strength and depth outwith 1st team regulars. Have we got nothing coming from EM.

Lester B
15-02-2014, 03:58 PM
After threatening the squad last week with wholesale changes, only 3 were made today. 2 were forced.1 suspension ,1 injury & Collins. Does this prove that we have no strength and depth outwith 1st team regulars. Have we got nothing coming from EM.

errr our first goal today was by a 19 year old making only his third start and it was his second goal. Harris and Handling also in the starting 11. Still if it makes you happy to be miserable.........

hibbybrian
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM
errr our first goal today was by a 19 year old making only his third start and it was his second goal. Harris and Handling also in the starting 11. Still if it makes you happy to be miserable.........

Forster also started so 4 from EM in the starting lineup - have we no senior players to fill these slots - get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Stanton was not getting dropped he was a plus point last week, harris and handling have been in the 1st team. And the rest?. Goalie & defense bombscare for how many weeks now.

nribs
15-02-2014, 04:07 PM
We won 2-1 btw

SaulGoodman
15-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Give it a rest.

hibbymac
Stanton was not getting dropped he was a plus point last week, harris and handling have been in the 1st team. And the rest?. Goalie & defense bombscare for how many weeks now.

You asked the question "Have we got nothing coming from EM"

Itsnoteasy
Forster also started so 4 from EM in the starting lineup - have we no senior players to fill these slots - get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Forester got torn to shreds last week. Harris needs confidence, scared to get tackled incase he gets crocked again. Stanton defo a plus point.

Hibee87
15-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Hahaha are you the type of fan who hates hibs winning cause you have nothing to moan about

Itsnoteasy
15-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Wisnae ma quote. I think it came from our glorious 1 last week.

Lester B
15-02-2014, 04:13 PM

Oh I know it's awful isn't it? We won as well. Terrible news. You know what's even worse? I've got a day off on Monday! No work. I really don't know what I'm going to do. And there's cold beer in the fridge. Imagine. Cold!! Not unsatisfyingly lukewarm. And we're having a takeaway tonight. I wanted uncooked turnip with maggots in it. Sigh.

hibbysam
15-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Our proper left back was back in the side and funnily enough we looked so much more balanced and solid at the back! We changed up front and we don't have any midfielders to come in as they are all injured but those who played showed last week wasn't the norm for the ones in midfield! We have a lot of young boys so we will be inconsistent!

PeterboroHibee
15-02-2014, 04:20 PM

When you include Hanlon and Stevenson thats 6 guys in a starting 11 who have all been produced from our youth system. Id say thats pretty good going (especially when Stevenson is the oldest at 26)!

Going back to the point of the thread, Id say there were reasonable changes. He brought in Haynes and Handling to give us something different up front, shifted Stevenson into a midfield position and McGivern was brought back in at LB. We also saw Boateng make his debut!

The Sea-gull
15-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Clearly we have a few promising young players so to say there is nothing coming out of east mains is not true. What today's result doesn't change is the fact that we need to ship out a few players and bring in about 5 or 6 game ready first XI players in the summer if we want to compete with the likes of Motherwell and Aberdeen. I don't see any results between now and the end of the season changing that. Get these players in and we may see an improvement in the standards and consistency of some of our young players and one or two older ones who have been a bit off the boil at times this season.

SouthamptonHibs
15-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Collins on the bench was a good move. Hopefully Haynes turns out to be a goal scorer. Think Butcher got than one right

--------
15-02-2014, 05:08 PM

Of course we've players coming through from East Mains, you silly boy. Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Handling, Stanton, Harris, Grant and Cummings were all stripped this afternoon, and all came through the youth team.

Don't you read the team sheet? It's on here, it's on BBC Sport/Football.

All of those players are more than good prospects for the first team in seasons to come. Some of them are already first team regulars. There are more on the way - the biggest problem here has always been the high turnover of managers and each successive manager's unwillingness to use the youngsters in a sensible and positive way. TBF Pat Fenlon had started bringing them through this season, and TB's continuing the process.

Patience is a virtue, one not plentiful among football fans, but I think you're well over the line and into the gutter here.

Forester got torn to shreds last week. Harris needs confidence, scared to get tackled incase he gets crocked again. Stanton defo a plus point.

Who on earth is FORESTER? Harris is only just back, and frankly you're being a lot too hard on him.

Hahaha are you the type of fan who hates hibs winning cause you have nothing to moan about

I'm actually wondering whether he's a HIBS fan at all.

"Gorgie" greens and not a good thing to say about the players or the manager after a winning afternoon?

I smell sweet potato - rotting, stinking sweet potato.

LYTF. :devil:

poolman
15-02-2014, 05:11 PM

Dearie me :rolleyes:

Just Alf
15-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Hmmm...strange one that...if you remember that bit why miss out the rest of it where he said something along the lines of them needing to show desire etc in training to get a sniff of this game?

There's something bothering me at the back of my mind..... I can't help thinking that's there's a group of supporters somewhere around Edinburgh that are pretty good at just picking out the bits they want and ignoring the rest if it doesn't suit ..... In fact the OP's username seems sort of linked..... Nah I must just be imagining things.

--------
15-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Hmmm...strange one that...if you remember that bit why miss out the rest of it where he said something along the lines of them needing to show desire etc in training to get a sniff of this game?

There's something bothering me at the back of my mind..... I can't help thinking that's there's a group of supporters somewhere around Edinburgh that are pretty good at just picking out the bits they want and ignoring the rest if it doesn't suit ..... In fact the OP's username seems sort of linked..... Nah I must just be imagining things.

You too? :devil:

Just Alf
15-02-2014, 05:29 PM
You too? :devil:

:cb

Hiber-nation
15-02-2014, 05:31 PM
After threatening the squad last week with wholesale changes, only 3 were made today. 2 were forced.1 suspension ,1 injury & Collins. Does this prove that we have no strength and depth outwith 1st team regulars.

NO

--------
15-02-2014, 05:32 PM
:cb

Just Alf
15-02-2014, 05:38 PM

One does hope you mean the actual sweet tattie type 'an 'no me! :boo hoo:

:thumbsup:

--------
15-02-2014, 05:59 PM
One does hope you mean the actual sweet tattie type 'an 'no me! :boo hoo:

:thumbsup:

Why would I mean you?

Do you have a guilty conscience?

Naw, I meant the OP. I've had suspicions of him for a while now.

Need to send a couple of guys round to make him sign a Great Big Glorious Hibernian Loyalty Oath.

Just Alf
15-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Why would I mean you?

Do you have a guilty conscience?

Naw, I meant the OP. I've had suspicions of him for a while now.

Need to send a couple of guys round to make him sign a Great Big Glorious Hibernian Loyalty Oath.

Just yanking yer chain :greengrin

And

Yup, he could sign it on a big poster so we can all see it from afar. :hnet: .... Bound to have some left over paint.... Maybe from painting steps or something?

marinello59
15-02-2014, 06:11 PM

Well done you. It only took you a couple of minutes after the whistle had blown to come up with this. Meanwhile the Hibs fans were still smiling about getting three points.

Kato
15-02-2014, 06:17 PM
OP a typical example of a droopy-drawers.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2014, 07:26 PM

3 changes, we won, young lads played their part, strong bench......................what more do you want?

PatHead
15-02-2014, 08:15 PM
3 changes, we won, young lads played their part, strong bench......................what more do you want?

to have a moan?

eastterrace
15-02-2014, 10:26 PM

im getting a bit miffed with this harris is scared because he got crocked , maybe he is not as good as we thought he was, now stanton well thats a player can beat a player and can pass a ball so lets not kidd ourselves that being scared to tackle is an excuse for being pish.

matty_f
15-02-2014, 11:19 PM
im getting a bit miffed with this harris is scared because he got crocked , maybe he is not as good as we thought he was, now stanton well thats a player can beat a player and can pass a ball so lets not kidd ourselves that being scared to tackle is an excuse for being pish.
I'm getting miffed with this Harris is pish. He's not. He's getting back to full fitness and it very much looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence right now. It'll come back. He's a good kid and a cracking player.

eggbamyasi
16-02-2014, 12:03 AM

Agree . Far too many on this site , could win a cup and they still would be moaning we not won by enough .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hfc rd
16-02-2014, 12:09 AM

Dearie dearie me!

Aldo
16-02-2014, 06:40 AM

Really!!!! Well the changes worked did they not.... What was the score yesterday again. O yeah we won.

You should really have a wee think before you post such crap.