PDA

View Full Version : Fulham

pontius pilate
14-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Craziness they have just sacked mulensteen (sp) after sacking jol in December. What is happening in the footballing world?.

ScottB
14-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Craziness they have just sacked mulensteen (sp) after sacking jol in December. What is happening in the footballing world?.

I guess on the one hand, they've been worse since he took over. He seemed a strange choice from the off.

In the other, they just brought in a bunch of players that he has worked with before, strange time to do it. But the new guy seems much better on paper.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Don't panic is lost on chairman these days

jdships
14-02-2014, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=pontius pilate;3906994]Craziness they have just sacked mulensteen (sp) after sacking jol in December. What is happening in the footballing world?.[/QUOTE

With there now being so much money involved in football there is absolutely no room for sentiment in the game at any level.
"You are only as good as your last game " as Bertie Mee said many years ago !
I was "freed" aged 19 in 1950 and the manager took me into his room and spent the best part of thirty minutes explaining why and offering advice as to how/where I could possibly get another club then shook my hand and wished me well .
I have a friend whose son was freed at the same age three weeks ago from a Premier League ( Scots) team and he got his " jotters" in less than ten minutes with a " cheerio son and good luck " as the final farewell !!!!!

As long as you have a "Sheik Ali Ben Useless" type running the club this will happen :rolleyes:

Aldo
14-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Have the not just spent over £10million on a Greek striker as well.

Crazy

SMAXXA
14-02-2014, 09:36 PM
He should never have been given the job in the first place, fwiw I recon Ole Gunner S will be out on his arse within a similar period. Some strange appointments in England at the moment, it's a disgrace they don't have young managers coming though and being given a chance, Sherwood is a case in point in how well this can work.

you have the usual journeyman hughes, allardyce, Mclaren, curbishley etc to name a few. Football is becoming a young mans game IMO yet England at the top level would rather bring in foreigners or the run if huge mill circuit men imo

monktonharp
14-02-2014, 09:40 PM
said it weeks ago, that the next sacking in the epl is only 5 games away from the boot. money rules the game, and fans will get more than anxious as the end of season approaches for the bottom 10 .

pontius pilate
14-02-2014, 10:10 PM
As we have all seen an as pointed out the bottom 10 is so close and two wins and you are out of the the relegation zone. Like others have said though money talks. The top 6 is looking interesting though the title race could go down to the wire. Liverpool must be cursing the two points dropped at west brom.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
14-02-2014, 10:20 PM
The problem wasn't Rene Meulensteen. It was his assistant, Ray Wilkins. They sacked the wrong man.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Has Curbishley been appointed yet?

Aldo
14-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Felix Magedth apparently

CalgaryHibs
15-02-2014, 03:04 AM

Stupid or what they have no idea how to run ae football team

Pretty Boy
15-02-2014, 07:50 AM
The big money = big pressure.

Fail to meet the standards of the owners and you go. Managers and the LMA know this so they can't be surprised.

Scottish football might not be in the best place but the money seems to have made English clubs go absolutely mental.

Brizo
15-02-2014, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=pontius pilate;3906994]Craziness they have just sacked mulensteen (sp) after sacking jol in December. What is happening in the footballing world?.[/QUOTE

With there now being so much money involved in football there is absolutely no room for sentiment in the game at any level.
"You are only as good as your last game " as Bertie Mee said many years ago !
I was "freed" aged 19 in 1950 and the manager took me into his room and spent the best part of thirty minutes explaining why and offering advice as to how/where I could possibly get another club then shook my hand and wished me well .
I have a friend whose son was freed at the same age three weeks ago from a Premier League ( Scots) team and he got his " jotters" in less than ten minutes with a " cheerio son and good luck " as the final farewell !!!!!

As long as you have a "Sheik Ali Ben Useless" type running the club this will happen :rolleyes:

Re above there is a former Hibs manager still working in the SPFL who while at ER binned youngsters and didn't even bother with 10 minutes and went straight to "cheerio son". I wonder if we are talking about the same person.

This ruthlessness isn't confined to foreign owned clubs or adult players. I have heard of 11 year olds being released from SPFL youth development squads in an equally abrupt manner.