PDA

View Full Version : Watmore - injured? Nursing a knock..

California-Hibs
14-02-2014, 01:21 PM
According to Hibs Facebook he won't be in attendance in the club store this afternoon for the signing session due to 'requiring further treatment for a knock'.

Is he a doubt for tomorrow? Please tell me no, he's one of the very few things I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow!!

silverhibee
14-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Nightmare if true.

Leishy1995
14-02-2014, 01:45 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfcclub/status/434320173139374080

HibbyKeith
14-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Taken from the official site..

"Unfortunately fellow new loan signing Duncan Watmore was forced to miss the Clubstore appearance because he requires further treatment on a knock in order to be fit for Saturday."

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-02-2014, 01:47 PM
No wonder, he was booted up and down last Saturday !

silverhibee
14-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Taken from the official site..

"Unfortunately fellow new loan signing Duncan Watmore was forced to miss the Clubstore appearance because he requires further treatment on a knock in order to be fit for Saturday."

Why would Hibs release this type of information , could they not have made up a other excuse for his non appearance today, if the Ross County players get wind of this and the lad starts the game he will come in for some hefty tackles early in the game tomorrow.

JimBHibees
14-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Why would Hibs release this type of information , could they not have made up a other excuse for his non appearance today, if the Ross County players get wind of this and the lad starts the game he will come in for some hefty tackles early in the game tomorrow.

Does seem a little odd.

FranckSuzy
14-02-2014, 01:55 PM

Yup, they should have said he was up in court instead ;)

Boyle89
14-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Surely you aren't saying a team put out by Adams would be capable of such things...

silverhibee
14-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Give the lad a chance FS, still plenty time for that, :greengrin

Was thinking a long the lines of he was washing his hair this afternoon. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Could be faking it, have you seen the hibs physio :wink::greengrin

leggeto
14-02-2014, 03:11 PM
No surprise as he was kicked everytime he ran with the ball against they halfwitt fifers

Keith_M
14-02-2014, 03:14 PM

No, got any photos?

hibbysam
14-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Yes, she was my physio in musselburgh for a year! Loved going to those sessions!!

S4uzee
14-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if these player appearances at the clubstore are popular? Can't imagine many people going today

hfc rd
14-02-2014, 03:52 PM

Not seen her. If she's as fit or even more so than the Chelsea one then no surprise. :D

kentao
14-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if these player appearances at the clubstore are popular? Can't imagine many people going today

Went to the thompson leigh griffiths one. Thompson was pretty quiet bout 20 - 30 leighs was queded round the store and out the door.

hibsbollah
14-02-2014, 04:39 PM
That settles it. I won't be going tomorrow.

Tynie01011973
14-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Not seen her. If she's as fit or even more so than the Chelsea one then no surprise. :D

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/CoachingStaff

:greengrin

Onceinawhile
14-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Steve marsella's a big chap a?

Col2
14-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Kitty Cat. Meow. Purr.

(Too far?)

Sean1875
14-02-2014, 06:57 PM

saw her twitter profile today, have to say i'd be feeling a tweak in my groin every training session with her as the physio. Probably several tweaks during treatment too :greengrin

tamig
14-02-2014, 07:38 PM

My boy goes to them all and he's building up a nice collection of pics from the visits. I took him and his mates round today and there was a healthy crowd there waiting for Boateng.

iwasthere1972
14-02-2014, 07:43 PM

What for? Truancy?

S4uzee
14-02-2014, 08:43 PM
My boy goes to them all and he's building up a nice collection of pics from the visits. I took him and his mates round today and there was a healthy crowd there waiting for Boateng.

Good to hear

hfc rd
16-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Hope he's back fully match fit for next week.

Craig_in_Prague
16-02-2014, 08:51 AM
No wonder, he was booted up and down last Saturday !

Spoke to him after game, he got done 4 or 5 times early on he said and one of the challenges caused injury, he said adrenaline kept him going but after the game it stiffened up,
Nice guy and hope he is back next week

banchoryhibs
16-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Also had a brief chat with him after the game and he expects to be back next week. He said that Butcher wants to see him get more of the ball than he did during the Raith game; he did not find the pace of the game here to fast and enjoyed his debut. He seems a genuinely level headed kid.

Aldo
16-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Sunderland coach/scout watched him v Raith and was surprised he didn't get the ball more. They rate him highly but need him to play first team football rather that u21 or 23's.

If he does well there is a possibility that he may come back next season for a season long loan however nothing will be decided until preseason.

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Really hope we can keep him on for next season. Doubtful however. Exactly the type of player we've been crying out for for years now

SmashinGlass
16-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Sunderland coach/scout watched him v Raith and was surprised he didn't get the ball more. They rate him highly but need him to play first team football rather that u21 or 23's.

If he does well there is a possibility that he may come back next season for a season long loan however nothing will be decided until preseason.

I said this at the game and also many times since. Both Raith's left sided players had been booked early doors and we should have been feeding watmore the ball constantly, as they could not have dealt with him. It would have led to far more opportunities for us and/or, raith being reduced to 10 men. I felt it was a poor decision not to attack more down that wing at the time and I still think this

Ronniekirk
16-02-2014, 01:48 PM
I said this at the game and also many times since. Both Raith's left sided players had been booked early doors and we should have been feeding watmore the ball constantly, as they could not have dealt with him. It would have led to far more opportunities for us and/or, raith being reduced to 10 men. I felt it was a poor decision not to attack more down that wing at the time and I still think this

Was not there so can't comment However if this is true and have seen it mentioned several times ,then why couldn't Butcher communicate this to his players .if he did they clearly couldn't execute his instructions and it cost us dear.

SmashinGlass
16-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Was not there so can't comment However if this is true and have seen it mentioned several times ,then why couldn't Butcher communicate this to his players .if he did they clearly couldn't execute his instructions and it cost us dear.

Have just watched the highlights. As I predicted, the camera angle was gash. However, I think that I stand corrected as despite having a crap camera angle, it doesn't appear to cross the line.

hibeemikey21
16-02-2014, 06:39 PM

It's simply because almost every time Williams played a short ball in the second half, it was simply hoofed up the park. We didn't play it down either flank enough as our game fell to pieces.

Turning to next season, the cynic in me says that if he does well up here, a loan to an English Championship club would be favourable for both Watmore and Sunderland

portycabbage
16-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Likewise, totally obvious that we should have just been getting it to Watmore - it should have been 3 bookings, but one was in the first few minutes and ended up a warning for the Raith player. Don't think it was a decision, more just general poor play, but even then we should have got it to Watmore's feet a lot more.

Hermit Crab
16-02-2014, 09:34 PM
I like the look of him and hope he plays next week on a seperate note WBA scout was in the stand yesterday watching Stanton.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2014, 09:38 PM
I like the look of him and hope he plays next week on a seperate note WBA scout was in the stand yesterday watching Stanton.

Yep, but he wont leaving anytime soon, that for sure:aok:

P.s - Hands off, away look at Gauld or Johnstone!

silverhibee
19-02-2014, 01:48 PM
No mention of Watmore in a update regarding our injuries, don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26261281

Brightside
19-02-2014, 02:04 PM
No mention of Watmore in a update regarding our injuries, don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26261281

He's no longer being treated if that helps.