PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stanton

NRW_Hibbie
14-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice little piece at the end of this article:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/14/ten-things-this-weekend-fa-cup

Paloschi
14-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Always great to read about our young players when they get recognition.

I have very high hopes for Sam along with Alex Harris. Sam looks more of a playmaker. We have not had a decent one since, well Zemmama.

Marty-Hibee
14-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Good to see our kids getting recognition again, it's felt like a life time "the golden generation" were getting the plaudits.

I admittedly had my doubts initially with Stanton, he just looked so fragile and when we turned to him for an impact under Fenlon, I was uninspired. But I've been happily proven wrong, he looks like he's put on a good bit of weight, and there's no denying his skill. Hope we can hold onto him for a good few years to come.

B.H.F.C
14-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Good to see our kids getting recognition again, it's felt like a life time "the golden generation" were getting the plaudits.

I admittedly had my doubts initially with Stanton, he just looked so fragile and when we turned to him for an impact under Fenlon, I was uninspired. But I've been happily proven wrong, he looks like he's put on a good bit of weight, and there's no denying his skill. Hope we can hold onto him for a good few years to come.

I thought the same but in fairness every single appearance he'd made under Fenlon was out wide. Amazing what a difference it's made playing him central where he should be.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2014, 02:24 PM
you've got to love Boozy's commentary..

Screams…"C'mon Sammy, Try it !…..YEEEEEEEEEES YYYYYYEEEAAA GOOOOOOOOAAAAALLL STANTON HAHA HEY HEY HEY!"

Every time I watch it and listen to him I get a big grin on my face.

The Hey Hey Hey bit is pure Eric Morcambe :)

Mikey09
14-02-2014, 03:32 PM
We played the 19's 2 years ago pre season. He was playing alongside handling, Forster etc. Stanton was seen more as a winger if I remember but is far more suited to a central position. Technically he is the best out all the youngsters in my opinion and if he keeps listening and learning I think he will be a star for us. All my opinion......

frazeHFC
14-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Cheers for posting, great seeing him get that sort of praise!

brog
14-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Nice little piece at the end of this article:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/14/ten-things-this-weekend-fa-cup

Great stuff, thanks!

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Superb. Got very high hopes for the lad. Has left Harris in his wake the past few weeks. Hopefully get them both firing on all cylinders soon. There's potential in our squad. Just need TB and SM to find us 4 or 5 real quality players in the summer and we won't be far away next season

Del Boy
14-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Speaking to a guy who is involved in pro youth football last week and he was saying of the current players breaking through in the Prem he reckons Stanton is one of the 3 best along with Gauld and some boy at Killie (can't mind name!)

Nevi_SOL
14-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Speaking to a guy who is involved in pro youth football last week and he was saying of the current players breaking through in the Prem he reckons Stanton is one of the 3 best along with Gauld and some boy at Killie (can't mind name!)

Chris Johnstone?

Del Boy
15-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Chris Johnstone?

Think that could be right mate.

Makaveli
15-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Cheers for posting, nice to see. :agree:

--

you've got to love Boozy's commentary..

Screams…"C'mon Sammy, Try it !…..YEEEEEEEEEES YYYYYYEEEAAA GOOOOOOOOAAAAALLL STANTON HAHA HEY HEY HEY!"

Every time I watch it and listen to him I get a big grin on my face.

The Hey Hey Hey bit is pure Eric Morcambe :)

Have you seen the video from the draw vs Celtic when Zoubir nutmegs Brown? :greengrin I wish Boozy sat behind me at games.