PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros

Leishy1995
13-02-2014, 05:37 PM
I know this is probably random and stuff but after recent results I've just decided I really want Jorge Claros back at Hibs.

On the plus side, he'll hopefully be a starting 11 player at the World Cup so I can watch him on television once more.

Thecat23
13-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I know this is probably random and stuff but after recent results I've just decided I really want Jorge Claros back at Hibs.

On the plus side, he'll hopefully be a starting 11 player at the World Cup so I can watch him on television once more.

Sadly not going to happen. Loved it here as well!

Audio Visual
13-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Why? We have enough slow, holding midfielders already. Our midfield is crying out for pace and creativity. Claros has not gone onto greater things and there is a reason for that. We can and hopefully will do much better.

snooky
13-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the Trail of the Lonesome Pines, y'awl. :cb

R'Albin
13-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Sadly not going to happen. Loved it here as well!

I presume the reason for him not joining is because he's off to bigger things, rather than Butcher not wanting him?

Thecat23
13-02-2014, 05:52 PM
I presume the reason for him not joining is because he's off to bigger things, rather than Butcher not wanting him?

No idea mate, he does want to play down south though.

R'Albin
13-02-2014, 05:53 PM
No idea mate, he does want to play down south though.

Ah alright. Can't blame him tbh, just a shame as he would be a fantastic addition for us.

Leishy1995
13-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Why? We have enough slow, holding midfielders already. Our midfield is crying out for pace and creativity. Claros has not gone onto greater things and there is a reason for that. We can and hopefully will do much better.

I won't even bother explaining why I will just assume you didn't watch Claros much last season.

marinello59
13-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I won't even bother explaining why I will just assume you didn't watch Claros much last season.

Did anybody here see him play for his club on a regular basis?

Leishy1995
13-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Did anybody here see him play for his club on a regular basis?

No but what's the relevance?

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Claros is a footballer. Yes we need pace, but we need a balance. We've gone from having too many central midfielders to too many wingers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Last season Claros was outstanding and a vital member of our squad. Arguably one of our players the season! One of the best defensive midfielders I have seen at hibs for a few years. Just my opinion.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Him and KT in a 4-2-3-1 would be good if we had a solid defence, creative players infront of them. And a striker like Sparky:greengrin we can only dream...

Steven_Hibs
13-02-2014, 06:50 PM
We've gone from having too many central midfielders to too many wingers.

:greengrin lol, I wish we had decent wingers that were effective

S4uzee
13-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Him and KT in a 4-2-3-1 would be good if we had a solid defence, creative players infront of them. And a striker like Sparky:greengrin we can only dream...

Stop it just stop

hfc rd
13-02-2014, 07:03 PM

That's what we all wish mate.

leggeto
13-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Didn't rate him to much tbh,he did have some skill mind you but he never went forward only sideways and back,he was never hiding always wanted the ball I'll give him that,hope he does play in world cup,wish him all the best,had a lot of time for us

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 07:20 PM
:greengrin lol, I wish we had decent wingers that were effective

Stanton and Harris are a really exciting prospect on both flanks. Pace, energy the lot. We just need a Claros or a KT on the engine room and we might just have a team

Audio Visual
13-02-2014, 07:26 PM

Feel free to assume what you want; I guess my season ticket was for a different part of the ground than yours. Until we break the cycle of mediocrity we will not improve. Claros may have been one of our better players last season but what does that mean? We were terrible last season. Sorry for wanting more from Hibs mate.

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Feel free to assume what you want; I guess my season ticket was for a different part of the ground than yours. Until we break the cycle of mediocrity we will not improve. Claros may have been one of our better players last season but what does that mean? We were terrible last season. Sorry for wanting more from Hibs mate.

I want more internationals for Hibs. Preferably ones going to the World Cup

Audio Visual
13-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I want more internationals for Hibs. Preferably ones going to the World Cup

Mark Caughey went to the World Cup. If Claros goes to the World Cup and plays any significant part I will think about revising my opinion. I don' t dislike him, he gave his all. I just want better.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Imagine a 4-2-3-1 of...

Thomson. Claros

Watmore Stanton. Harris

Sparky

Sorry, totally drifted away there. Aaaaaand back to reality

eastterrace
13-02-2014, 07:41 PM

yes agree mate he was a tidy player but offered us nothing going forward no goal threat also cant think of to many assists , he had his time with us so let him and us move on.

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 07:49 PM
yes agree mate he was a tidy player but offered us nothing going forward no goal threat also cant think of to many assists , he had his time with us so let him and us move on.

Do you know anything about football?

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2014, 07:50 PM
As an international player I would have expected him to stand out surrounded by players of limited ability and he did. I'm not desperate for his return though.

eastterrace
13-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Do you know anything about football?

okay buddy tell me the goals he scored as i must have missed them, oh and while your thinking of that give me a run down of the defence splitting passes he done, as i said i wasnt slagging him of he was a tidy player but thats about it unless you rattle the facts to me.

snooky
13-02-2014, 08:10 PM

I'll go with that :agree:

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I'll go with that :agree:

How many goals or assists do you want from a defensive midfielder?

HibeeDaz6270
13-02-2014, 08:15 PM
okay buddy tell me the goals he scored as i must have missed them, oh and while your thinking of that give me a run down of the defence splitting passes he done, as i said i wasnt slagging him of he was a tidy player but thats about it unless you rattle the facts to me. This reply just emphasis's his point. It frustrates me how people fail to appreciate a quality football player like Claros. He does not need to be the guy scoring goals. What he did, he did fantasticly well. Something every successful team needs.

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Defensive midfielders play one of the most important, but underrated, roles in modern-day football.
Even though the average fan associates a defensive midfielder with the sole duty of protecting the defence, today’s defensive midfield stalwarts have proved to be much more.
It is the defensive midfielders who are now tasked with the duty of having to control the game’s tempo from deep within midfield and carve out chances for the team.
They are required to orchestrate the play, screen their defence and occasionally provide an extra man in attack - in what often becomes a highly taxing job. This season, defensive midfielders have once again underlined their importance to football.

eastterrace
13-02-2014, 08:20 PM
How many goals or assists do you want from a defensive midfielder?

i know he was more defence minded , we have enough of them already at the club who are just as good as claros, we need a playmaker who can score a few goals now and again and make some as well. i liked claros but is he really what we need.

EskbankHibee
13-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Defensive midfielders play one of the most important, but underrated, roles in modern-day football.
Even though the average fan associates a defensive midfielder with the sole duty of protecting the defence, today’s defensive midfield stalwarts have proved to be much more.
It is the defensive midfielders who are now tasked with the duty of having to control the game’s tempo from deep within midfield and carve out chances for the team.
They are required to orchestrate the play, screen their defence and occasionally provide an extra man in attack - in what often becomes a highly taxing job. This season, defensive midfielders have once again underlined their importance to football.

Good point he should be doing more. I guess that's why he was a hibs player and not Barca player.

Having said that. How many goals did Makelele get and how any trophies did he win?

In any case, Claros was a class act in the SPL. You think Liam Craig is going to the World Cup any time soon?

JohnStephens91
13-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Claros is not a regular starter for Honduras, he only comes off the bench, so anyone saying he is a regular starter and will be playing a major role at the World Cup - he will be a substitute. He was a class, full hearted player here who would never give up. At least from the start of the 2012/13 season, rather than his ill-fated first 6 months here.

And before anyone casts doubt on my knowledge of the Honduras national team, I'd like to make it clear that I support the USA national team so I often used to watch Honduras as they were on before or after the USA games.

Leishy1995
13-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Go back and watch the Leigh Griffiths ghost goal game and you'll see Jorge Claros running circles round Hearts midfield. More than any of our current players done anyway.

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2014, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=EskbankHibee;3906151]Good point he should be doing more. I guess that's why he was a hibs player and not Barca player.

Having said that. How many goals did Makelele get and how any trophies did he win?

In any case, Claros was a class act in the SPL. You think Liam Craig is going to the World Cup any time soon?[/QUOTE

Agree with you mate, a very good player for us all be surrounded by limited players. I just think that we should move on just my opinion, the only thing I know about football is from playing it badly and being a spectator for 30 odd years, not sure if I know anything compared to others on here.

Centre Hawf
13-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Bad mouthing Claros should be a bannable offence.

Also I find it amazing the arguements against him (sideways, no forward passes, no goal throat etc) arent used when talking about Katie Thomson.

Claros > Anything we have at the moment.

Kato
13-02-2014, 11:08 PM

Also I find it amazing the arguements against him (sideways, no forward passes, no goal throat etc) arent used when talking about Katie Thomson.

Agree, that guy. The ignorance on the basics of the game is astounding sometimes. Claros can run all day for fun, times his tackles really well and is neat and tidy with his distribution. To say he doesn't merit a place at SPL level is just plain daft.

hibbysam
14-02-2014, 01:11 AM
i know he was more defence minded , we have enough of them already at the club who are just as good as claros, we need a playmaker who can score a few goals now and again and make some as well. i liked claros but is he really what we need.

So you have just described Liam Craig?? Yet we are playing him where Claros would play should he come in?? So we improve out defensive midfielders as Claros is a million times the player Craig is in that position, and then let Craig do what he does best and get forward and create things! Win win no?? Claros and Thomson are miles ahead of any other midfielder we have though.. Shame people would rather see us launch the ball forward and hope rather than be patient and allow us to utilise our ball players! If you can't see the talents that Claros has, and also the balls he has to come back from what was the worst possible start to a hibs career and turn the whole situation around then I really do wonder about what we really want to see at this club!! The home and away games against hearts at the end of last season is as good as your likely to see from any spl player!

EskbankHibee
14-02-2014, 01:14 AM
So you have just described Liam Craig?? Yet we are playing him where Claros would play should he come in?? So we improve out defensive midfielders as Claros is a million times the player Craig is in that position, and then let Craig do what he does best and get forward and create things! Win win no?? Claros and Thomson are miles ahead of any other midfielder we have though.. Shame people would rather see us launch the ball forward and hope rather than be patient and allow us to utilise our ball players! If you can't see the talents that Claros has, and also the balls he has to come back from what was the worst possible start to a hibs career and turn the whole situation around then I really do wonder about what we really want to see at this club!! The home and away games against hearts at the end of last season is as good as your likely to see from any spl player!

Absolutely spot on

Pete
14-02-2014, 02:10 AM
Imagine a 4-2-3-1 of...

Thomson. Claros

Watmore Stanton. Harris

Sparky

Sorry, totally drifted away there. Aaaaaand back to reality

Maybe if players like Watmore and Stanton (this seasons one) were available to Fenlon then he might have considered this formation. If only.

The Thomson/Claros/Taiwo thing didn't work because they had nobody to pass to or anyone making runs except Griffiths.

Unfortunately we don't have Claros to form any sort of partnership but....:hmmm:

Leishy1995
14-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Maybe if players like Watmore and Stanton (this seasons one) were available to Fenlon then he might have considered this formation. If only.

The Thomson/Claros/Taiwo thing didn't work because they had nobody to pass to or anyone making runs except Griffiths.

Unfortunately we don't have Claros to form any sort of partnership but....:hmmm:

Possibly highlighting where Fenlon faltered an butcher could succeed.

It shocks me people don't rate Claros as highly as expected. One of the most talented central players I've seen in my time as a Hibs fan!

GreenLake
14-02-2014, 06:59 AM
I was in Roatan (small island off Honduras) scuba diving a couple of years ago and some of the employees at the dive resort used to kick a ball around at lunch time. They all new Jorge Claros played for Hibs although none of them had Hibs tops. One of them had a Barcelona top which was possibly easier to find than a Hibs top if you live abroad. I can get PG Tips, Curlie Wurlies and Jordans Granola shipped to the US in a matter of days but not a Hibs away shirt. :rolleyes:

If Nike is not motivated to make enough replica shirts to sell to customers, then perhaps Hibs should go back to Puma (we won more games in Puma tops I think).

147lothian
14-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Look at all the missplaced passes that are going about just now giving away possesion and the way that Claros did everything productive, keeping the play going, we could badly do with him now

EskbankHibee
14-02-2014, 12:23 PM
I was in Roatan (small island off Honduras) scuba diving a couple of years ago and some of the employees at the dive resort used to kick a ball around at lunch time. They all new Jorge Claros played for Hibs although none of them had Hibs tops. One of them had a Barcelona top which was possibly easier to find than a Hibs top if you live abroad. I can get PG Tips, Curlie Wurlies and Jordans Granola shipped to the US in a matter of days but not a Hibs away shirt. :rolleyes:

If Nike is not motivated to make enough replica shirts to sell to customers, then perhaps Hibs should go back to Puma (we won more games in Puma tops I think).

Pardon

The_Exile
14-02-2014, 12:33 PM
we have enough of them already at the club who are just as good as claros

I'm assuming that's a wind up? What Claros done better than any other player I've seen at ER (and I include Sauzee in that by the way) is his off the ball movement into a position which would make the best pass for the opposition impossible. He was so consistent at it, although he's only one man so he obviously couldn't stop everything, but the passing lanes for the opposition were severely hampered in the middle of the park (ie the creative players) when he played. He won't score goals, he won't provide masses of assists, but he's the type of player that's the first name on every single football managers team sheet.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm assuming that's a wind up? What Claros done better than any other player I've seen at ER (and I include Sauzee in that by the way) is his off the ball movement into a position which would make the best pass for the opposition impossible. He was so consistent at it, although he's only one man so he obviously couldn't stop everything, but the passing lanes for the opposition were severely hampered in the middle of the park (ie the creative players) when he played. He won't score goals, he won't provide masses of assists, but he's the type of player that's the first name on every single football managers team sheet.

His national coach doesn't share your opinion.

The_Exile
14-02-2014, 12:51 PM

But I've played Champ Manager since 1998, I know better :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2014, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;3906608]

But I've played Champ Manager since 1998, I know better :greengrin

I can't argue with that :greengrin

JohnStephens91
14-02-2014, 02:13 PM

Not meaning to come across as cheeky, but do you watch the CONCACAF Qualifying or did you just read my post? :wink:

spike220
15-02-2014, 06:47 AM
I miss Jorge

Eyemouth Hibby
15-02-2014, 10:42 AM

If you want a break from the cycle of mediocrity I'd maybe have a word with that chairman of ours. Infact I'd accept mediocrity, as mediocrity surely wouldn't be a 3-2 defeat at home to Raith ****** Rovers in the cup.

The_Exile
15-02-2014, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;3906608]

Not meaning to come across as cheeky, but do you watch the CONCACAF Qualifying or did you just read my post? :wink:

:greengrin To be fair I have no knowledge of the national team, what system they play, whether they have a better player that plays in that position or what, but I think we can all agree.....................their national manager is wrong, and well wrong at that :greengrin

neil7908
15-02-2014, 05:30 PM
A fantastic player who would be an amazing addition. Get him dictating the play from deep and we'd see the best from our creative players as well as having someone adept at protecting the defence

hibsbollah
15-02-2014, 05:33 PM

:agree:

Slagging Claros is a sure sign that you really shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about football matters.

147lothian
15-02-2014, 05:50 PM
:agree:

Slagging Claros is a sure sign that you really shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion about football matters.

Well said, a blind man could tell you that Claros, is the type of player were missing just now, that;s even with today's win!