PDA

View Full Version : Job Interviews (Butcher on the Hibs team)

ekhibee
13-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Thoughts? personally I'm glad to hear it, but others might think otherwise.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26179624

Unseen work
13-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Would expect nothing less if I'm honest. Only as good as your last game

Heedersnvolleys
13-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Less talk more action TB. All very well him saying all this sounds good and it's probably what we all want to hear but unless he can pinpoint and actually convince players better than what we have actually got to come to us he will probably have to keep a few.

jeffers
13-02-2014, 04:40 PM
He may say it but he's not actually doing it. Liam Craig has been absolute garbage the last two games and pretty poor in a few games before that but is still getting a regular start.

Thecat23
13-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Must be difficult working with that lot. They simply aren't very good. Mid table team at best! So if he does any better with them great. I bet he's praying for the summer transfer window though.

jeffers
13-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Must be difficult working with that lot. They simply aren't very good. Mid table team at best! So if he does any better with them great. I bet he's praying for the summer transfer window though.

Probably not half as much as we are mate !

Thecat23
13-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Probably not half as much as we are mate !

Yeah good point to be fair.

Chump
13-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Less talk more action TB. All very well him saying all this sounds good and it's probably what we all want to hear but unless he can pinpoint and actually convince players better than what we have actually got to come to us he will probably have to keep a few.

You beat me to it....I'm getting a bit tired of all the chat tbh. Very easy to say the right things (players and management alike) but they get paid to actually do something about it. I know media is part and parcel of the modern game but it does get a little irritating when you hear the same positive chat in interviews, papers etc but same old sh*t on the park. Concentrate on whats important Hibs and deliver the goods and not the chat

AL-Qaholik
13-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I get that he is contractually obligated to do press conferences/interviews etc but, right now, I would much rather he used these to simply repeat the mantra:
"Talk is cheap. From now on we do our talking on the pitch".

All these soundbites and interviews at the moment are really not helping Butcher's cause IMO as we, as fans, are sick to the back teeth of managers and players talking a good game in the press and then continuing to be utterly inept when match day comes along.

The more positive spin etc he puts on or the more often he talks about how the players are 'playing for their jobs' and yet continues to select those who are woefully under-performing, the quicker our notoriously fragile patience will begin to erode...

ancient hibee
13-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Fenlon gets it in the neck for not talking to the press.
Butcher gets it in the neck for talking to the press.
Now he's not supposed to be positive.Some people on here are never pleased unless they can moan.

TheFamous1875
13-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Now he's not supposed to be positive.Some people on here are never pleased unless they can moan.

They're both getting it in the neck as they're not achieving results. These are just excuses to reinstate that they're not achieving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2014, 06:34 PM

It's a balance. TB was praised on here for being a good communicator and we all know actions speak louder than words but a leader must do both.

The vacuum created by radio silence has not served Hibs in the past so why not when there's something needing fixed outline what's going to be done to tackle it?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Quite glad to see this. Butcher has proved himself to be a consistent operator in the SPL. The doubts are over the players. The playing staff will change long before the manager will and Butcher is putting out the message that non triers are exactly that.

Scouse Hibee
13-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I do not read articles or listen to interviews given by TB or any of our previous managers, I simply attend matches and judge with my own eyes it's the only way.

Chump
13-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Fenlon was banned from talking to the press cause nobody could understand WTF he was going on about:na na:

Tom Hart RIP
14-02-2014, 06:02 AM
TB in Scotsman praising Watmore for being down to earth and not having earrings tattoos coloured boots or goatee beards.
Spotted Danny Handling in west stand last Saturday sporting goatee but couldn't see if he still had it on Tuesday night.
Just an observation

RIP
14-02-2014, 06:24 AM
TB in Scotsman praising Watmore for being down to earth and not having earrings tattoos coloured boots or goatee beards. Spotted Danny Handling in west stand last Saturday sporting goatee but couldn't see if he still had it on Tuesday night. Just an observation

I am at work the day. I've got an ear stud in my lug, tattoos by the dozen, different coloured laces in my Doc Martens and a goatee beard. I manage one of my company's biggest projects, have a delivery team of eighty all over the UK and the director said to me yesterday we were doing well. I'm no blowing smoke - just saying it like it is.

It's not about what you look like it's whether you can walk the walk. Duncan Watmore could have all of the above - would make no difference to how he applies himself on the park.

As other have already made clear - we are not interested in the spin and PR soundbites - we want to see Butcher doing better the players he has got and producing a team that's hard to beat

Hibbyradge
14-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Less talk more action TB.

What does this cliché actually mean?

Should he stop talking to the press altogether until "more action" happens?

lucky
14-02-2014, 07:35 AM
I am at work the day. I've got an ear stud in my lug, tattoos by the dozen, different coloured laces in my Doc Martens and a goatee beard. I manage one of my company's biggest projects, have a delivery team of eighty all over the UK and the director said to me yesterday we were doing well. I'm no blowing smoke - just saying it like it is.

It's not about what you look like it's whether you can walk the walk. Duncan Watmore could have all of the above - would make no difference to how he applies himself on the park.

As other have already made clear - we are not interested in the spin and PR soundbites - we want to see Butcher doing better the players he has got and producing a team that's hard to beat

All very true but majority of people look for people to conform with the stereotypical person when looking for people in authority or applying themselves. I think TB was saying that Watmore just gets on with his game and studies and is not into making statements about himself by way he looks

Ronniekirk
14-02-2014, 07:43 AM
What does this cliché actually mean?

Should he stop talking to the press altogether until "more action" happens?

Actions speak louder than words , but Patience is a Virtue .

Onion
14-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Only problem I have with TB's threats is that he hasn't dealt with a team or club like Hibs before. Most of the current Hibs squad don't have enough mental strength, are already overpaid and have reached the peak of their footballing careers. If they don't make TB's cut, they'll have no problem in moving down to a smaller club with lower pay and less pressure as that's where they should have been in the first place.

TB's tenture will be measured by how successful he is in breaking this cycle. How does he attract players who see Hibs as a stepping stone to bigger things, or bring in players who have played at a higher level but happy to come to ER. McLeish and Mowbray had a fair few in their Hibs teams, but TB is going to have a lot less money.

GraniteCityHibs
14-02-2014, 08:01 AM
They're both getting it in the neck as they're not achieving results. These are just excuses to reinstate that they're not achieving.

:rolleyes:

GraniteCityHibs
14-02-2014, 08:06 AM
All this talking is all very good but i'd prefer TB did a dance on the pitch in a big chicken suit.

SlickShoes
14-02-2014, 09:42 AM
I get that he is contractually obligated to do press conferences/interviews etc but, right now, I would much rather he used these to simply repeat the mantra:
"Talk is cheap. From now on we do our talking on the pitch".

All these soundbites and interviews at the moment are really not helping Butcher's cause IMO as we, as fans, are sick to the back teeth of managers and players talking a good game in the press and then continuing to be utterly inept when match day comes along.

The more positive spin etc he puts on or the more often he talks about how the players are 'playing for their jobs' and yet continues to select those who are woefully under-performing, the quicker our notoriously fragile patience will begin to erode...

And when the team of duds he inherited don't turn up AGAIN, we will all be livid with him for saying that.

If he gets anything out of this season it's a miracle, a january window is not the time to bring in a whole new team.

We have to just accept that butcher needs a close season to bring in his players, every other manager got one.

2 or 3 players won't turn us around, the squad needs completely gutted. If you thought he could do this in January then you need your head looked at.

ekhibee
14-02-2014, 04:48 PM
And when the team of duds he inherited don't turn up AGAIN, we will all be livid with him for saying that.

If he gets anything out of this season it's a miracle, a january window is not the time to bring in a whole new team.

We have to just accept that butcher needs a close season to bring in his players, every other manager got one.

2 or 3 players won't turn us around, the squad needs completely gutted. If you thought he could do this in January then you need your head looked at.
Totally agree, as I also do with the earlier post of Onion's. He needs to completely change the team in the summer, and that might include getting rid of a few players that plenty on here would want to keep. The problem is dosh. Unless he can get money for these players, and/or release some of the dross from the wage budget, he's not going to have anything like the money McLeish or Mowbray had.

JimBHibees
14-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone giving Butcher any grief at his stage in his Hibs management career is IMO either completely deluded or a yam.

Hibercelona
14-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Butcher is saying what he needs to say. But I think even he knows himeself that there are players at the club right now, that he's just not going to be able to work with.

So things are going to be difficult until we get these jokers off the books.