PDA

View Full Version : NHC Riordan fails to turn up to training. No Carlisle Deal./Signs For Alloa

WellingtonHibby
13-02-2014, 02:40 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/carlisle-decide-on-novo-and-no-show.23419653

Thats that then. I had hoped he would win a deal down there. Decent standard and could have set him up for one last crack.
Pretty poor of him to just pie training though, surely?

Bob1875
13-02-2014, 06:01 AM
He'll no doubt be on the radio next week stating that he can't understand why any club won't take a chance on him.

3pm
13-02-2014, 06:21 AM
'Carlisle's a **** hole, I want to go home'.

Jones28
13-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Oh well, you can only hope so much for someone. He's only screwing himself here

WellingtonHibby
13-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Probably thinks the foods all foreign..

The_Horde
13-02-2014, 07:36 AM
It will make me sad seeing deeks working as a cabbie one day.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-02-2014, 07:54 AM

This....

Diclonius
13-02-2014, 08:09 AM
What a waste.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2014, 08:25 AM

*awaits repetitive course of a deeks thread*

Centre Hawf
13-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Lets all address the elephant in the room.

Could he still do a job?

Keith_M
13-02-2014, 08:46 AM

Could he still do a job?

What is it with some people and Elephants? Everywhere I go nowadays there's an 'elephant in the room'!

Come on people, do you REALLY think we wouldn't notice if there were elephants in all these rooms?

Diclonius
13-02-2014, 09:12 AM

Could he still do a job?

lol

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Maybe had an offer nearer home?

connerg
13-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Could he still do a job?

Yes. Take him over Collins everytime.

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Could he still do a job?

Wrong thread :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?278639-This

Beefster
13-02-2014, 10:36 AM

This place is getting worse.

Riordan hasn't done anything of note in almost three years, has only scored one goal in those three years and failed to win contracts at a succession of clubs smaller than or playing at a lower level than Hibs. He can't even get a contract by offering to play for free.

Collins has scored one goal in every three games for Hibs this season.

Riordan was brilliant for Hibs, especially in his first spell. However, just like a whole host of other great players for us, his time has been and gone.

Thecat23
13-02-2014, 10:52 AM

Riordan hasn't done anything of note in almost three years, has only scored one goal in those three years and failed to win contracts at a succession of clubs smaller than or playing at a lower level than Hibs. He can't even get a contract by offering to play for free.

Riordan was brilliant for Hibs, especially in his first spell. However, just like a whole host of other great players for us, his time has been and gone.

This.

Jones28
13-02-2014, 10:54 AM

This.

Close thread before it gets out of hand

Waxy
13-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Maybe he couldn't understand the lingo?
Anyway, he used to be really good, then he was just good, now, years later, he's mince.

johnrebus
13-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Exactly. There are plenty of ****holes nearer home.

Quite a few parts of Edinburgh actually.......,

:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Seems like they've gone for Nacho Novo instead. (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111540354)

Billy Whizz
13-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Seems like they've gone for Nacho Novo instead. (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111540354)

Maybe that's why he didn't show, didn't want to play alongside Novo

J-C
13-02-2014, 12:15 PM
;3905746']It will make me sad seeing deeks working as a cabbie one day.

That's only if he has the brains to do the knowledge :wink:

Gus
13-02-2014, 12:16 PM

This........

Carlisle might be a hole, but cannae see any clubs jumping up and down trying to sign him.

Wasted talent end of

KeithTheHibby
13-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe that's why he didn't show, didn't want to play alongside Novo

Neither would I, Novo is a horrible little hun ****.

Leishy1995
13-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Lets get deeks back

paul_hfc3
13-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Nooooooo way

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Lets get deeks back

Wont play for us again.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2014, 02:21 PM

Sums it up for me.

Modern day legend, fantastic player and I have some great memories of him.

But if we take away the fact it's Derek Riordan and look at the last 3 years objectively there isn't a Hibs supporter who would want a player who had spent the last 3 years doing what Derek has, or really hasn't been doing.

Greencore
13-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Maybe had an offer nearer home?

This

Hibernia Na Eir
13-02-2014, 03:12 PM

it might be, but, what a waste of space DR really is!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2014, 03:20 PM
it might be, but, what a waste of space DR really is!

Has he taken a massive dump on your doorstep at some point? :greengrin

Speedy
13-02-2014, 04:28 PM
What is it with some people and Elephants? Everywhere I go nowadays there's an 'elephant in the room'!

Come on people, do you REALLY think we wouldn't notice if there were elephants in all these rooms?

And the real question is: could any of these elephants do a job for us?

barcahibs
13-02-2014, 04:34 PM
A fantastic player who will always be one of my heroes - but whose career will always leave me wondering what could have been. That's not for me to say though, it's not how I hope I'd have done things had I had a tenth of his talent, but maybe Derek is perfectly happy with his choices and how things have turned out. It's his life to lead. Gods know I've done a few things in my life folk would scratch their heads over! :greengrin

His time as a Hibs player (though hopefully not as a Hibby) is over, it's time, IMO, for us as fans to let him go and just enjoy the good memories.

Seveno
13-02-2014, 04:35 PM

One in goal would be good.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2014, 04:41 PM

Could he still do a job?

It depends on whether its an Indian or African elephant.

Come to think of it either would have been able to do a better job of defending against Raith so I say yes.

snooky
13-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Totally irrelephant, IMO. Stay on the subject. :greengrin

Glory Lurker
13-02-2014, 04:54 PM

Are you mad? Surely you've heard the phrase "he's got the touch of an elephant"? I've never seen one play, but obviously someone has, and they must be totally rubbish. Plus they'd ruin the pitch with their big feet and tent-sized droppings. They'd get stuck in the tunnel, knock things off the walls inside the stadium, and it'd cost a fortune for a bus big enough to get them to away games.

Crazy suggestion.

barcahibs
13-02-2014, 05:04 PM
It depends on whether its an Indian or African elephant.

Come to think of it either would have been able to do a better job of defending against Raith so I say yes.

You need to think these things through logically.

An elephant is obviously going to use it's ears as its primary shot-stopping attribute (the trunk is too sensitive).

African elephants have much bigger ears than Indian elephants.

You're going to really struggle to get goalie's gloves big enough to fit an African elephant's ears (especially if Petrie's paying for them).

Indian elephants all the way.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2014, 05:12 PM

An elephant is obviously going to use it's ears as its primary shot-stopping attribute (the trunk is too sensitive).

You're going to really struggle to get goalie's gloves big enough to fit an African elephant's ears (especially if Petrie's paying for them).

I think I see where you are coming from on the choice, African elephants are apparently the more aggressive and we are soft as ****** so maybe we should get one of each?

Knowing Rod, I think the best we can expect is an armadillo, or maybe a sloth or two on loan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Kinda off-topic but, does anyone know what happened to 'Derek Riordan The Goals' video on youtube which had the song "Don't stop me now" by Queen in it? Has it been taken down? Loved watching it, not seen it for ages and can never find it.

snooky
13-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Are you mad? Surely you've heard the phrase "he's got the touch of an elephant"? I've never seen one play, but obviously someone has, and they must be totally rubbish. Plus they'd ruin the pitch with their big feet and tent-sized droppings. They'd get stuck in the tunnel, knock things off the walls inside the stadium, and it'd cost a fortune for a bus big enough to get them to away games.

Crazy suggestion.

AND they have a liking for currant buns!

ancient hibee
13-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Crazy suggestion.

What about a giraffe then?

hfc rd
13-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Summed it up perfectly for me.

soupy
13-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Na they cany jump ;-)

Keith_M
13-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Now that we're getting an Indian Elephant as a Goalie (apparently), maybe we could come up with some other animals that would be suitable for various positions in the team.

With our current lack of pace, it's got to be two Cheetahs for the left and right wings.

Winston Ingram
13-02-2014, 06:13 PM

This

Danderhall Hibs
13-02-2014, 06:16 PM
What happened to the words "I agree"?

FRes Hibbie
13-02-2014, 06:20 PM
What happened to the words "I agree"?

This

jdships
13-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Sums it up for me.

Modern day legend, fantastic player and I have some great memories of him.

But if we take away the fact it's Derek Riordan and look at the last 3 years objectively there isn't a Hibs supporter who would want a player who had spent the last 3 years doing what Derek has, or really hasn't been doing.

:top marks:agree:

Mr White
13-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Now that we're getting an Indian Elephant as a Goalie (apparently), maybe we could come up with some other animals that would be suitable for various positions in the team.

With our current lack of pace, it's got to be two Cheetahs for the left and right wings.
My springer spaniel could do a job on the wing if either of the cheetahs have any problems getting work permits. She's lightening quick, tenacious, will run all day and can comfortably use all 4 feet. She's pretty thick skinned too so the boo boys won't get her down.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Has he taken a massive dump on your doorstep at some point? :greengrin

League One is beyond his capabilities anyway.

snooky
13-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Let's leave the cheatahs to the Merricks & Huns.

Eyrie
13-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Could get one on a free transfer from Denmark (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26167925), if we're quick.

On second thoughts, anyone remember Kevin James? :faf:

Ronniekirk
13-02-2014, 07:18 PM
League One is beyond his capabilities anyway.

Let's face it if he couldn't get fit in the time he was with Alloa then he clearly can't be bothered now . If he just wanted to play he would have buckled down but when he starts not turning up for training ar Morton and Carlisle and goodness where else you wonder where his heads at .Think now that will be it no one else will give him an opportunity..Will never forget that Exocet against Hear7s when it just seemed to get faster and faster as it rocketed into the top right hand corner and his slight frame made you wonder how he could do that..:rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2014, 08:06 PM
I agree out this in.

SaulGoodman
13-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I agree out this in.

This.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2014, 10:06 PM
This.

I agree.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-02-2014, 07:33 AM
If deek was fit and given a chance he would bang goals in right left and centre..... That is a fact. ...... From what I've heard he has a rotten attitude towards training and shows no interest what so ever, constantly moans and complains and prefers just to be on his own firing shots at goal all day......

SanFranHibs
14-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Kinda off-topic but, does anyone know what happened to 'Derek Riordan The Goals' video on youtube which had the song "Don't stop me now" by Queen in it? Has it been taken down? Loved watching it, not seen it for ages and can never find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU&list=PLj43Xkpd6i4sHo9X1kAW5_zsd5DouBS-l

Still love him !! (As a Hibby of course)

:flag:

SanFranHibs
14-02-2014, 08:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ3ihnxWNU&list=PLj43Xkpd6i4sHo9X1kAW5_zsd5DouBS-l

Still love him !! (As a Hibby of course)

:flag:

but first time I have seen this and had a few laughs at the images of the Jambo hevyweight champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aerUKtSjEN4&list=PLj43Xkpd6i4sHo9X1kAW5_zsd5DouBS-l

leggeto
14-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Could he still do a job?

id have him in my team

Seveno
14-02-2014, 04:52 PM
id have him in my team

Which pub team do you play for ?

Hibercelona
14-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Are Riordan threads just a weekly occurrence now?

silverhibee
14-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Signed for Alloa today until end of season.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2014, 05:28 PM

:thumbsup:

ian cruise
14-02-2014, 05:28 PM

Good opportunity for him. There's no doubt your bit has talent. Best of luck and I hope he starts banging them in.

Pete
14-02-2014, 05:29 PM

Good stuff. Hope it works out for him. :aok:

Haymaker
14-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Great news.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Cant wait for him to score a barrel load and return home to play for Hibs next season. :timebomb:

Bostonhibby
14-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Great news.

Aye, good luck Deeks.

Haymaker
14-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Cant wait for him to score a barrel load and return home to play for Hibs next season. :timebomb:

:agree::thumbsup:

green.and.white
14-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Morton play Alloa next Saturday, Riordan Vs O'Connor! :-) first time they will have played against each other I think

Hibernia Na Eir
14-02-2014, 06:07 PM
He has high standards I see.....

recreation park or playing at the likes of Sheffield Utd?

hmmm.....

Famous Fiver
14-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Nov 16 2013 Alloa 1 Raith Rovers 0
Feb 8 2014 Hibs 2 Raith Rovers 3

It could be argued that he has signed for a better club than Hibs!!!!!

Petrie.............. Get it Sorted!!!!

Mr White
14-02-2014, 06:20 PM
All the best to deek, hope he gets back to pinging them in from distance and silly angles.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Upfront with Caldwell

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2014, 06:32 PM

hmmm.....

Or not playing at all, what's your point?.............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Eyrie
14-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Good luck to him.

Centre Hawf
14-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Are Riordan threads just a weekly occurrence now?

They occupy a Wednesday slot, Tuesdays are Kevin Thomson threads and Mondays are Lewis Stevensons threads.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Good luck Deek son.

Stonewall
14-02-2014, 07:46 PM

Prove the doubters wrong Deek.

You frustrate the hell out of me but could never wish you anything other than the best.

tamig
14-02-2014, 07:50 PM

I'm pretty sure Budgie (our Budgie that is) will have a set of elephant ear gloves in his collection of dodgy sports gear somewhere.

DaveF
14-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Morton play Alloa next Saturday, Riordan Vs O'Connor! :-) first time they will have played against each other I think

Return fixture is April 12th. Might be worth a watch if the split sees Hibs in a Friday \ Sunday game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2014, 08:12 PM

Good luck to the man!

PatHead
14-02-2014, 08:18 PM
All the best Deeks

trev the hat
14-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Good luck Deek son.

This, with a centurion of thanks

Aldo
14-02-2014, 08:26 PM

Good news Silver.

Will always be a legend in my eyes.

Hope it all works out for him.

Steve-O
14-02-2014, 08:28 PM
GOC at Morton and Riordan at Alloa.

I never ever thought those two would end up in the lower leagues along with 90% of other Hibs youngsters over the years, but there you go.

Shows what believing your own hype can do to a player.

Nando™
14-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Good luck Derek, get yourself fit and show them what you can do.

sleeping giant
14-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I hope he knuckles down and gets back to what he was born to do.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Good luck to him, hope he can get his career back on track.

SaulGoodman
14-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Nov 16 2013 Alloa 1 Raith Rovers 0
Feb 8 2014 Hibs 2 Raith Rovers 3

It could be argued that he has signed for a better club than Hibs!!!!!

Petrie.............. Get it Sorted!!!!

That's if you use that logic.

Christmas last season we beat Celtic 1-0, Celtic had just beat Barca. Therefore this time last season we were better than Barca!

How far we have fallen!

3pm
15-02-2014, 06:59 AM
Will prob head through to watch this season.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned so thought I'd put it up....... good move to kickstart his career

Keith_M
15-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Can we PLEASE get this thread back on topic!!!

When does the elephant sign for Hibs and will Petrie be parading him on the pitch before today's game? Also, did the two Cheetahs get their work permits or will we have to take the back up Springer Spaniels?

On the subject of animals playing for football clubs, I do believe Hearts have a Cockortoo.

Diclonius
15-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Good move for him. Hope he does well.

.Sean.
15-02-2014, 03:25 PM

hmmm.....Your constant jibes at Riordan are embarrassing. Some size of chip on your shoulder.

hibeemikey21
15-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Came on and immediately got simon mensing sent off