PDA

View Full Version : Dissertation survey - some hibs content

Mike70
12-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone, my daughter is writing her dissertation on business ethics in football and needs football fans to complete her survey. Any help would be appreciated.
GGTTH

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BFTHSXZ

danhibees1875
12-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone, my daughter is writing her dissertation on business ethics in football and needs football fans to complete her survey. Any help would be appreciated.
GGTTH

Done.

I recently (last year) handed in my dissertation on Scottish football. Business ethics was also one of my favourite topics in my final year of uni. If you think I can be of any further help during the dissertation don't hesitate to drop me a PM. :aok:

Dan.

Jonnyboy
12-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Done. Hope it helps :aok:

Ronniekirk
12-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Ditto:agree:Pp

One Day Soon
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Done. That will be a tricky one for any Yams to complete.

Stantons Angel
12-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Done. That will be a tricky one for any Yams to complete.

completed.

It certainly would get them thinking though!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Done, hope I have helped :-)

FranckSuzy
12-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Done :aok: Good luck to her.

JohnStephens91
12-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Done, I remember when I posted my survey here last year and it was a fantastic help as I got more than enough data. My one was on press ethics and the way the public perceives the media in line with the trend of globalization.

Tell your daughter to contact someone like Russell Smith or Tom Zanelli at Hibs who might be more than happy to help and I would imagine Dr Kris Von Wald of the Hibernian Community Foundation would help as well if your daughter is choosing to conduct interviews as her other method of data collection.

oconnors_strip
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
done:thumbsup:

Eyrie
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Done, and good luck to her.

fatbloke
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM

Same here:aok:

WellingtonHibby
13-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Done.

Gettin' Auld
13-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Done.

s.a.m
13-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Sorted. Wish her luck.:aok:

H18sry
13-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Did :wink:

AltheHibby
13-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Done. I am often asked to complete surveys that seem to be a waste of time. This one isn't, and asks some good questions.

stu in nottingham
13-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Done. An interesting study with some very thought-provoking questions.

JimBHibees
13-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Done, some excellent questions.

Juice-Terry
13-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Done. Good luck. :flag:

AltheHibby
13-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Done. I am often asked to complete surveys that seem to be a waste of time. This one isn't, and asks some good questions.

Bristolhibby
13-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Done.

oregonhibby
13-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Done - the findings should be interesting!

Mikeystewart
13-02-2014, 12:24 PM
GGTTH

Done, important topic in these times of cuts to community funding clubs should always do as much as they can as their existence is enabled by the community in which they reside.

Good luck in her studies.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Done Mikey......

Just_Jimmy
13-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Done.

Darth Hibbie
13-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Done hope it helps.

barcahibs
13-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Done.

Some really thought provoking questions in there!

Ended up contradicting myself (no surprise!) would be interested to hear other's views on a couple of the questions if they felt like sharing?

I answered the diving question by saying that whilst I wouldn't prejudge a player I wouldn't tolerate someone for whom diving became a regular part of their game. I would make my feelings on the subject known to other fans (via places like this) and, if I felt nothing was being done, I'd also make my feelings known directly to the club. I'd expect the management to (privately) make it clear to the player that they wanted the behaviour stopped.

My original answer was that I wouldn't tolerate diving full stop... but then I remembered a certain Matthias Jack and his absolutely blatant dive to win Hibs a penalty (and, I think, the game) very late on in a home game against Dundee United.

As I remember it it was an incredibly blatant dive - Jack had to even turn his back on the referee he was laughing so hard at having won it - the Dundee Hibs players were furious (I remember Alan Combe in particular going mental). At the time I thought this was brilliant and richly deserved. Utd had been playing a game of 'anti-football', time wasting and making horribly niggly wee fouls all match and deserved to lose.
I wouldn't have given those three points back (presuming we won, my memories a bit hazy) for anything.
I don't remember diving to win penalties being a major part of Matty's game (as I recall his job was mainly to go around kicking people til they gave him the ball)

So diving full stop becomes 'regular' diving. I'm only Human, I do a dozen hypocritical things every day before breakfast, but I was quite surprised to find myself not as hardline as I'd thought. I wonder how I'd react in the same situation today? Have my ethics changed?

That incident also exposed some other possibly hypocritical parts of my footballing value set - time-wasting is unacceptable (though taking the ball for a run to the corner flag is fine); the whole team making niggly fouls and expressly setting out to prevent the other side playing is sort of unacceptable, depending on the circumstances; having a player whose main job is running round the centre of the park kicking people and bullying the opposition is fine.
'Gamesmanship' by the way (which I define as, an attacker falling over - after there has been actual deliberate physical contact instigated by the defender - even though he could possibly have rode the challenge out) is fine. If deliberate contact breaks or changes the players stride or balance, I feel he has the right to fall over.

I also think there should be more focus on non-attacking players diving - e.g Steven Pressley's historical habit of falling over everytime he came up against a player who could beat him for pace (ie everyone towards the end of his career) used to drive me nuts; but was regarded as 'intelligent defending' by most commentators.

Finally on the footballing ethics in general question I'm still pretty firm on that one, I want my club's ethos to be winning the right way or not at all. I'm not really sure how to express this but, the game itself and Hibs in particular are still more important to me than winning. The community and historical aspect of being a Hibby is more important to me than winning. I go to watch Hibs because I'm a Hibby and I wouldn't risk changing the things that to me make up 'Hibbydom' just for success - I wouldn't support an oil rich sheik (or Lithuanian submariner) taking over the club and buying us success, no matter how many trophies we won, if it changed who and what we are one iota.
(obviously I'd prefer it if Hibs won everything but that's not why I go to Easter Road. I go to Easter Road to watch Hibs play football like my dad before me and like generations after me will do).

I remember expressing that opinion once before on here a few years ago and being shot down in flames, I'd be interested to hear what other's think about that subject now?

dave62
13-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Done. Some excellent questions.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Done

hfc rd
13-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Done. Best of luck.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Done, some thought provoking questions

semaj64
13-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Completed hope it serves you well

EastCalderHibby
13-02-2014, 07:19 PM
done

Jonnyboy
13-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Never in the history of dot net has Done earned so many positive responses :greengrin

IFONLY
13-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Done

oregonhibby
14-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Never in the history of dot net has Done earned so many positive responses :greengrin

And certainly not when Done was on the Board!

Jonnyboy
14-02-2014, 07:46 PM
And certainly not when Done was on the Board!

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Completed, hope it helps.

One Day
15-02-2014, 07:36 AM
I have completed it, Hope it helps in some way

oramhibee
15-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Done it, mate!