PDA

View Full Version : 7 points below 5th, 6 points above 11th...which way are we going??

DanHFC1875
11-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Going out of the Scottish Cup at home to Raith Rovers FC is always going to be a hard one to take and I can't take any positives out of that.... So putting that to one side, The Scottish Premiership, which way are we going?!

We are on a bad run of results, but, with the league being so tight if we can get a couple of wins under our belt things might be looking up rather than down.

That will take a drastic improvement on current form. I'm hoping Butcher, Malpas and Co. can get things right in the next two games.

Ross County at home is a must win, as is Killie away.

I'm not going to start having a go at Butcher, I think he is the man for the job and sure he can get things right towards the end of the season and finish strongly.

GGTTH

:flag:

Hibercelona
11-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Honestly, I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon. I can see us hovering around this area of the table for quite some time.

DanHFC1875
11-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Aye, nothing to say you're wrong there, just hopeful we can put a decent run together.
I'd like to think we still have something to offer this season..... Jury is well and truly still out on that though

Elephant Stone
11-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Win on Saturday and we're likely to be a point off St Johnstone (they're away to Celtic). St Johnstone have got a few hard games after that: home to Inverness, home to Motherwell then away to Aberdeen. If we get our act together now and go on a decent run then we should be in the top six and in with a chance of finishing the season in as positive a way as possible.

Hibercelona
11-02-2014, 10:12 AM
The club needs to pick itself back up. But with where we are right now, it's hard to see how thats going to happen.

I think we'll still scrape points together which will keep us somewhere around midtable. I certainly don't think we'll find ourselves in the play offs. We're going to have a hard time making anything of this season though.

DanHFC1875
11-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Win on Saturday and we're likely to be a point off St Johnstone (they're away to Celtic). St Johnstone have got a few hard games after that: home to Inverness, home to Motherwell then away to Aberdeen. If we get our act together now and go on a decent run then we should be in the top six and in with a chance of finishing the season in as positive a way as possible.

It's defo is about getting our act together now though. I'll go along on Sat and see how it pans out. Take it from there. It has to be 3 points. Don't think anyone will disagree with that.

dangermouse
11-02-2014, 10:35 AM
The only way is up. Judging by TB's reaction to Saturday's debacle everyone bar Watmore and Stanton are in danger of being dropped. If that doesn't stick a rocket up their backsides maybe their P45 's will be in the post.

Expect a few changes to the team on Saturday.

Onion
11-02-2014, 11:06 AM
The only way is up. Judging by TB's reaction to Saturday's debacle everyone bar Watmore and Stanton are in danger of being dropped. If that doesn't stick a rocket up their backsides maybe their P45 's will be in the post.

Sadly, those threats have never worked at Hibs. IMHO we have a bunch of players who don't really care if they lose, get dropped or moved on in the summer as long as they get paid. None of these players are on the way up, except maybe Harris, and none will play for a bigger club than Hibs. TBs threat to drop them will have v limited affect.

DanHFC1875
11-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Sadly, those threats have never worked at Hibs. IMHO we have a bunch of players who don't really care if they lose, get dropped or moved on in the summer as long as they get paid. None of these players are on the way up, except maybe Harris, and none will play for a bigger club than Hibs. TBs threat to drop them will have v limited affect.

Only Harris?
Stanton looks a good prospect... I don't think it was a threat, I think he will drop a few of them.
What difference this actually makes remains to be seen! :confused:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I see us as staying pretty much where we are now, i don't think we have a hope in hell of catching St Johnstone.

Unless the 3 loan signings play and are very very good, then its the bottom 6 again i'm afraid.

We have been left again by the previous manager with a poor squad of players, the real work begins AGAIN in the summer. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I think we'll hover somewhere between 6th and 8th between now and the end of the season.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I think we'll hover somewhere between 6th and 8th between the end of the season.

Ross County game will tell us a lot - yet another significant game as we stumble through the season - lose that and I think we will eventually make 10th place our own.

offshorehibby
11-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Probably battle it out with St Johnstone for that 6th spot.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Bottom six again, more pointless fixtures in another pointless season where will it all end?

cleanyman
11-02-2014, 11:52 AM
We are a bottom 6 team, and that is where we will finish.

Ross County will be a tough game, I don't see us winning.

Billy Whizz
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Hopefully up the away, 6th at least is achievable, but we need to go on a winning run, starting by winning at least our next 2 games

Reaper
11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
We'll certainly be looking up. A few positive results will push us towards top six. Might just be a tad late in the day to catch St Js tho.

Hibstrooper
11-02-2014, 12:27 PM
If you breakdown the performances since the start of December there have only really been two that have been really disappointing; Raith & St Mirren. Unfortunately they are sandwiched between two other losses to the 2 best teams in Scotland (in games we competed well) so it is compounding peoples misery and sparking a major over-reaction.

Look at the run of 4 before the 4 losses; we beat Hearts, Killie & County and played the media darlings Dundee United off the pitch in what should have been another victory.

I expect us to be battling out with ICT, Dundee U and St J for 4th-7th

Mikey
11-02-2014, 12:37 PM
We were being told a few weeks ago that Partick were so bad that hearts would catch them and avoid relegation.

Now the same Partick side are going to catch Hibs.

Go figure!

SouthamptonHibs
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
14 games to go till the official end of Season party!
To be honest the unoffical party was at 4pm last Saturday!

I think we will stay in the bottom 6 but no idea which position with the current squad we have.

Ideally we need 14 points from our remaining games = 42pts for the season (pathetic but thats us in rebuilding mode again)

Games left

That will leave us with 5 top 6 games to play before the split (remember we have only beat a top 6 side once all season)

1x Aberdeen - much better than us = 0pts
1x United - Not much between us = 3pts
1x Motherwell - alot better than us = 0pts
1x St Johnstone - Not much between us = 1pts
1x ICT - alot better than us = 0pts

That will leave us with 9 Bottom 6 games to play

2x Hearts = Derby = we all no how we toil to win these games! lets hope for 6pts but expect fewer!
2x County = No idea depends which Hibs turn up for these games
2x Partick = No idea depends which Hibs turn up for these games
2x Killie = No idea depends which Hibs turn up for these games
1x St Mirren = No idea depends which Hibs turn up for these games

The Modfather
11-02-2014, 01:02 PM
We were being told a few weeks ago that Partick were so bad that hearts would catch them and avoid relegation.

Now the same Partick side are going to catch Hibs.

Go figure!

What posters were saying that?

The times I've seen Partick they've looked good, play decent football and create lots of chances, just not enough quality up front to put teams to the sword.

Mikey
11-02-2014, 01:09 PM
What posters were saying that?

The times I've seen Partick they've looked good, play decent football and create lots of chances, just not enough quality up front to put teams to the sword.

Go find them yourself.

The Modfather
11-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Go find them yourself.

I'm good thanks. Just hadn't seen the post that you must have.

hihohibby
11-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Sadly, I find myself agreeing with this.:rolleyes:

Russ
11-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Bottom six again, more pointless fixtures in another pointless season where will it all end?
A fixture against Hearts at E R can hardly be classed as pointless. I'm actually looking forward to giving them a sending off.

Pete
11-02-2014, 03:55 PM

No such thing as a pointless season at Easter Road, or even a pointless game. I don't know how things work in liverpool.

I think we'll start getting our finger out and clawing back some points. If we catch the saints it will be some achievement considering. If not then at least we will have one more chance to leather the savilles. It's really all about performances for the rest of the season, both collective and individual. A long trial for some players even.

Next season is what is being built for already and this time we will have all the ingredients.

Nevi_SOL
12-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I think if we make top 6 we will finish 5th. But ATM I see us holding 7th

Eyrie
12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm not ruling out the top six despite recent form, but I'd say we're far more likely to finish seventh or even eighth.

leggeto
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Finding it hard to get motivated tbh,this season is a write-off so not bothered about top 6,as long as we avoid the playoffs that'll do me,at least we might get another home derby

Itsnoteasy
12-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Who do you think will be dropped. Do we have enough decent players to make wholesale changes. IMO we don,t

Bishop Hibee
12-02-2014, 08:48 PM
While Saturday's game isn't quite a 'must win', it will go a long way to answering the OP's question.

I wouldn't put tuppence on the game as Hibs are so inconsistent.

J-C
13-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Going out of the Scottish Cup at home to Raith Rovers FC is always going to be a hard one to take and I can't take any positives out of that.... So putting that to one side, The Scottish Premiership, which way are we going?!

We are on a bad run of results, but, with the league being so tight if we can get a couple of wins under our belt things might be looking up rather than down.

That will take a drastic improvement on current form. I'm hoping Butcher, Malpas and Co. can get things right in the next two games.

Ross County at home is a must win, as is Killie away.

I'm not going to start having a go at Butcher, I think he is the man for the job and sure he can get things right towards the end of the season and finish strongly.

GGTTH

:flag:

Unless these bunch of so called football players get their fingers out, it will be downwards.

Onion
13-02-2014, 01:53 PM
While Saturday's game isn't quite a 'must win', it will go a long way to answering the OP's question.

I wouldn't put tuppence on the game as Hibs are so inconsistent.

Tend to agree. This is still Fenlon's Flops who crap themselves when playing in front of the unfair, over-demanding easter road crowd. For that reason, think we'll struggle on Sat, despite TB and his threats and rants.

But they're probably good enough to pick up some points away from home against our fellow bottom 6 strugglers, so I think we'll avoid the play off spot. Anyone who thinks this Hibs team is better than St J or DUFC and can sneak top 6 is kidding themselves.

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2014, 02:01 PM
The only place we're headed is the TOP!

Butcher's new signings will add pace and verve and we'll coast a top six place. Sadly this will mean only one demolition of Hearts - if they hang on till late March, so book your tickets for that one!

Next season we'll be playing with Tel's team and Tel's system and be slugging it out with A'deen for second, United possibly coming into the picture if they can hold onto their best young players.

So it's glory, glory all the way!

Nakedmanoncrack
14-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Anyone who thinks this Hibs team is better than St J or DUFC and can sneak top 6 is kidding themselves.

:agree:

Very poor team, just hope we can win these next two games so that play-off fears can be put to bed.

RIP
14-02-2014, 11:50 PM

Very poor management IMO. We were told he was a motivator but he needs to get them playing for the fans.

Ronniekirk
15-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Tend to agree. This is still Fenlon's Flops who crap themselves when playing in front of the unfair, over-demanding easter road crowd. For that reason, think we'll struggle on Sat, despite TB and his threats and rants.

But they're probably good enough to pick up some points away from home against our fellow bottom 6 strugglers, so I think we'll avoid the play off spot. Anyone who thinks this Hibs team is better than St J or DUFC and can sneak top 6 is kidding themselves.

I thought we would have brought players in earlier and been pushing for 6th by now and still in cup Events now seem to be conspiring against us so hard to disagree with what you say Derek Adams will want to avenge the last two defeats so we may have to settle for draw at best tomorrow .Although think they have a few players out as well .

basehibby
15-02-2014, 01:33 AM
The only place we're headed is the TOP!

Butcher's new signings will add pace and verve and we'll coast a top six place. Sadly this will mean only one demolition of Hearts - if they hang on till late March, so book your tickets for that one!

Next season we'll be playing with Tel's team and Tel's system and be slugging it out with A'deen for second, United possibly coming into the picture if they can hold onto their best young players.

So it's glory, glory all the way!

:thumbsup:This is what I want to see!

In all seriousness looking at the run of fixtures we can make the top 6 - but so much depends on this saturday. We desperately need a win to get a bit of confidence and momentum back in the team and I think we could get that at home to Ross County - 2 wins out of 2 at their place this season gives us the psychological edge in this fixture regardless of recent form.

After that comes a tricky away fixture against ICT which historical form would see us happy to come away with a point from.

Thereafter, up until the split we have what I'd think of as our stronger opponents in the league - Aberdeen, Motherwell & Dundee U - at ER, while we play those about and below us - Killie, Partick, St J & them - away from home.

Confidence and belief - both on the pitch and in the stands - could make all the difference in these fixtures, and for that reason a win - any win - this Sat against Ross County is pivotal. With that 3 points and a bit of wind in our tails, overtaking St J seems a realistic possibility. Anything less and I think we'll struggle to avoid hosting our maroon balloon neighbours once more this season.

Keith_M
15-02-2014, 05:59 PM
The only way is up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc)

:thumbsup: