PDA

View Full Version : Seen Hibs name anywhere unusual?

The Pointer
10-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Right, just to lift the mood amongst all that angst and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

My avatar is 'Hibs' (with a wee heart (how ironic) above the 'i') which I saw sprayed on a rubbish bin outside the Picasso Museum in Barcelona last year. I always wondered what would make a Catalonian/Spaniard do that, but could it have been a piece of spontaneous street art reaction to the high art inside? Maybe his bird was called 'Hibs'.

Anyone else ever seen anything similar here or abroad in random circumstances?

Edit. Just realised what the title is suggesting but on you go!

3pm
10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
The most random place I ever saw Hibs was in the top 6 about four years ago! :o)

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Top half of the table after the split!

Saorsa
10-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Home win on a betting slip :agree:

brianmc
10-02-2014, 09:40 PM
The most random place I ever saw Hibs was in the top 6 about four years ago! :o)

Bollocks! I was half way through typing that... Hey, ho if yer no fast yer last eh?

Mon Dieu4
10-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I was in a queue at the magical kingdom at Disneyland in Florida, can't remember what ride it was but someone had written Hibees and a great ylt sign

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-02-2014, 10:03 PM
If you look closely at the back of Abi Titmuss' thong in "that" video you can clearly see the letters HFC sewn into the back of it.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2014, 10:03 PM
3 Different episodes

Last weekend in the Gents at the Golden Fleece in York, scrawled in black felt pen across the machine in the toilet "HIBEES".

Approx 15 years ago our ferry back from France had been cancelled due to bad weather - walking across the departure area in pissin rain and gales I bumped into a soaking wet guy in the old purple Hibs Bukta strip, he was looking for a bus!

2 Years ago in Amalfi Italy written on municipal bus station wall - "HFC 7-0 on New Years Day".

Joy Zipper
11-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Whilst walking through Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria around the year 2000, I stumbled upon a sports shop selling Le Coq Sportif merchandise.

As Hibs were using LCS strips at the time I went inside for a look - lo and behold, they were selling official Hibernian training tops.

Maybe there's a big Hibs following in Eastern Europe......

Lucius Apuleius
11-02-2014, 08:01 AM
A street market in Monkey Village on Bonny Island had if memory serves me correctly, a PD windows strip hanging up for sale.

Caversham Green
11-02-2014, 08:43 AM
3 Different episodes

Last weekend in the Gents at the Golden Fleece in York, scrawled in black felt pen across the machine in the toilet "HIBEES".

Approx 15 years ago our ferry back from France had been cancelled due to bad weather - walking across the departure area in pissin rain and gales I bumped into a soaking wet guy in the old purple Hibs Bukta strip, he was looking for a bus!

2 Years ago in Amalfi Italy written on municipal bus station wall - "HFC 7-0 on New Years Day".

Last summer I was driving along the road between Old Leake and Boston and passed a cyclist in a Hibs top - I think he had the number 33 on the back, and it has to be said he was toiling badly. Wasn't you was it?

Pretty Boy
11-02-2014, 09:09 AM
'01/01/73' scrawled on the toilet wall in the Cleveland Arms near Paddington Station in London.

'Hibees' also on a toilet wall in the Kings Head in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.

Seen quite a few Turkish barmen/waiters wearing Hibs tops when I was last on holiday there a couple of years back. Assuming they have been given them by Hibs fans on holiday.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Last summer I was driving along the road between Old Leake and Boston and passed a cyclist in a Hibs top - I think he had the number 33 on the back, and it has to be said he was toiling badly. Wasn't you was it?

You were about 30 miles too far north for me - the toiling badly in a Hibs strip bit would be right though :greengrin

I cycle all around South Lincs between Stamford and Spalding typically, have done Boston a couple of times but its murder - all flat but you always seem to be cycling into the wind! I am always in a Hibs top - often a number 10 or 4 70's style top. On my journeys I have bumped into quite a few hibbies in Lincs and Norfolk but rarely see them more than once!. There's 3 definite Hibbies nearby and a group of about 6 who I force to show an interest and who do actually get to a few games - mostly because Edinburgh has better pubs that Deeping St. James:greengrin

I did once see a lot of Hibs colours in Boston but the Pilgrims were playing Bradford Park Avenue and they once played in green panels and white sleeves apparently.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2014, 09:59 AM
'01/01/73' scrawled on the toilet wall in the Cleveland Arms near Paddington Station in London.

'Hibees' also on a toilet wall in the Kings Head in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.

Seen quite a few Turkish barmen/waiters wearing Hibs tops when I was last on holiday there a couple of years back. Assuming they have been given them by Hibs fans on holiday.

Been there, but is wasnae me:greengrin

SlickShoes
11-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Heard it was spotted on the Scottish Cup a couple of times.

heretoday
11-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Back of a toilet door in Prague. Not all that unusual I suppose. Home thoughts from abroad?

Barman Stanton
11-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Hibs was written all over the toilets in Simple Bar in Ibiza when I was young.
More recently I was surprised to see Hibs written in the toilets of a boozer in Mull.

hibIBZ
11-02-2014, 12:06 PM
On holiday in salou and in a tourist shop there was a small hibs clock made out of metal sitting alongside other clocks with the top European teams on them. Surprised to see there wasn't 1 for the yams, thought they were a top side pushing to win the champions league.

And on holiday in Bulgaria there was a Bulgarian pr guy that had the luminous yellow and black away top on one day

erin go bragh
11-02-2014, 12:46 PM
When in Rome this year i came across a hotel Hibernia ( me and the wife were on one of they hop on hop off buses when i spotted the above hotel and managed to get a pic of it , much to my wifes " what you taking a picture of now"
Hibs hotel darlyne . Lol

Ggtth

LancsHibs
11-02-2014, 12:49 PM
On holiday in salou and in a tourist shop there was a small hibs clock made out of metal sitting alongside other clocks with the top European teams on them. Surprised to see there wasn't 1 for the yams, thought they were a top side pushing to win the champions league.

And on holiday in Bulgaria there was a Bulgarian pr guy that had the luminous yellow and black away top on one day
Sold oot the Hertz ones, with them having a 400k support and all that!

Cauld Bovril
11-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Played a gig in Rotterdam and on the dressing room wall was "he's here, he's there, he's every fu***ng where, Mickey Weir". Would still love to know who done that.

Gettin' Auld
11-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Played a gig in Rotterdam and on the dressing room wall was "he's here, he's there, he's every fu***ng where, Mickey Weir". Would still love to know who done that.

Mickey Weir Probably.:greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
11-02-2014, 01:54 PM
I was in a queue at the magical kingdom at Disneyland in Florida, can't remember what ride it was but someone had written Hibees and a great ylt sign

There is two... It'll be either Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain :wink:. You will also see mentions of just Hibs in Universal, The upside down house on International Drive, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Epcot and Disney MGM.

Also if you go to Tenerife - Los Cristianos (check behind the pictures on the wall) and outside the Rangers pub across the road from the hotel, The Del Cooper in Amsterdam (behind a picture)...

Jim44
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
There is two... It'll be either Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain :wink:. You will also see mentions of just Hibs in Universal, The upside down house on International Drive, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Epcot and Disney MGM.

Also if you go to Tenerife - Los Cristianos (check behind the pictures on the wall) and outside the Rangers pub across the road from the hotel, The Del Cooper in Amsterdam (behind a picture)...

On holiday in the Dominican Republic in late 90's I saw a young local lad wearing a Hibs top. I didn't get a chance to speak to him at the time and forgot all about it. It was only after Latapy came to ER that I remembered the lad and thought that this was possibly the Caribbean connection. But it couldn't have been as our holiday was before Latapy's arrival. The only other connection I could make was the other Trinidadian,Tony Rougier. Or maybe the guy had swapped tops or pinched it from a visiting Hibby.

MoscowHibs
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I remember coming across a " Hibernian F.C. Edinburgh Scotland " written in big black letters on a bog door at Krasnoyarsk airport in Russia.Even stranger was the bloke wearing a Dundee top propping up the bar at same Airport, who was away tae Siberia for his holidays. Guy was 2 short o a six pack imo.

Peevemor
11-02-2014, 02:35 PM
At the legendary Olympia Music Hall in Paris, on top of a suspended ceiling tile in one of the changing room cludgies, is written "Hibernian FC, Edimbourg" together with "hi-bees ya bas!" for good measure.

Apparently. :whistle:

Weststandwanab
11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Mickey Weir Probably.:greengrin He has definitely been to Rotterdam.

LancsHibs
11-02-2014, 03:52 PM
In every house ive lived in painted HIBERNIAN FC on the walls before wallpapering, just as a wee surprise for any future owner who redecorates ;-)

Pete
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
In every house ive lived in painted HIBERNIAN FC on the walls before wallpapering, just as a wee surprise for any future owner who redecorates ;-)

I always put "the bodies are under the floorboards".

Haymaker
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
There is "Hibs" scrawled on a toilet door in my old local in Connecticut.

Dunno who did that...

weonlywon6-2
11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
there is Hibernian FC written on one of the toilet doors in Merchiston Hearts supporters club.

no idea who could have done that ?????

Stax
11-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I was in a club in Tokyo in the mid 90's, young Japanese dude had a retro hibs top & a trilby on. A bit worse for wear & missing home I stoated over to compliment him on his attire..boy sh** himself and to this day I don't know if he thought I was chatting him up or trying to start a pagger :greengrin

eggbamyasi
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
When I went to the nou camp 2003 . In the museum part of stadium there is a framed poster of the barcelona vs hibernian game when hibs won 3-2 cant remember date , mabey some stat king might remember when . But someone had stuck a panini sticker on wall below of mickey weir in hibs strip hehe . I used to have photo of it but long lost it .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
11-02-2014, 07:42 PM
In 1998 I surveyed a Newsagents for a wee shopfit job in Spen Lane, Middle Earth, Leeds. HIBS was boldly sprayed on the wall outside. I enthused at the Landlord but it had been there years and he had inherited it. I like to think it is a 73/74 YLT bootboy classic. I still have a hard copy of my photo.

erin go bragh
11-02-2014, 07:53 PM
When I went to the nou camp 2003 . In the museum part of stadium there is a framed poster of the barcelona vs hibernian game when hibs won 3-2 cant remember date , mabey some stat king might remember when . But someone had stuck a panini sticker on wall below of mickey weir in hibs strip hehe . I used to have photo of it but long lost it .

Drew 4-4 at the camp nou , then put them out by beating them 3-2 at the leith san siro 1961 i think .

Ggtth

nonshinyfinish
11-02-2014, 07:57 PM

Class... you have to wonder though, did they go on the tour with the express intention of leaving a wee bit of Leith on a wall, or did they just happen to have the sticker about their person? :dunno:

eggbamyasi
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Cheers nonshiny . Quality result indeed hehe . Hopefully we will have a rematch soon ......................... .............................

eggbamyasi
11-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Cheers nonshiny . Quality result indeed hehe . Hopefully we will have a rematch soon ......................... .............................

Sorry meant erin ,read wrong name *

147lothian
11-02-2014, 08:01 PM
I remember when I was away for a wee trip to Dublin, must have been about 10 years ago, I saw a big sign in green on a white back ground, it said Hibernian, we won't let you down, I though lying bar stewards, it was for an insurance company, maybe someone could remind me of the area of Dublin and if its still there? The sign was massive!

eggbamyasi
11-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Class... you have to wonder though, did they go on the tour with the express intention of leaving a wee bit of Leith on a wall, or did they just happen to have the sticker about their person? :dunno:

I wondered that too lol just couldnt imagine why they would have that sticker !!!!!

portohibee
11-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Back of a toilet door in Prague. Not all that unusual I suppose. Home thoughts from abroad?

Rocky O Reilly's?? If so it's been there since 2003/4, apparently :aok:

Swedish hibee
11-02-2014, 09:22 PM
The 'Hulla poro' hotel nightclub toilets in Lapland, Finland had HFC Scotland on the back of the door. I bow to the feet of whoever did that :)

Sir David Gray
11-02-2014, 09:54 PM
On holiday in Orlando many years ago (probably the late 90s), I was in a sports shop and, amongst other things, they were selling Hibs shorts.

It was the ones we used to wear that had the word "Hibs" all over them, designed into the material.

I bought them and still have them somewhere.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I know this isn't what the OP asked, but I came across this in Tunisia.....

nonshinyfinish
11-02-2014, 10:04 PM

If the Laughing Cow keeps up to date with Hertz' fortunes then she'll be the Pissing Herself Cow these days.

BurghHibby
11-02-2014, 10:15 PM
When in Rome this year i came across a hotel Hibernia ( me and the wife were on one of they hop on hop off buses when i spotted the above hotel and managed to get a pic of it , much to my wifes " what you taking a picture of now"
Hibs hotel darlyne . Lol

Ggtth

There's one in Prague as well, maybe a chain, did the same btw.

Oops, spelt with a Y
http://www.hybernia.cz

Alex Trager
11-02-2014, 10:35 PM
What did you see in Prague? And when was if

Shearer
12-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I wrote "Hibees" on the Great Wall of China with a piece of chalk, hope it's still there!

marinello59
12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I wrote "Hibees" on the Great Wall of China with a piece of chalk, hope it's still there!

No need to worry, the wall is definitely still there.

Big90inOz
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM

I have bad news for you, I was in China twice last year and never saw any chalk :cb

judas
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I once saw the name Hibernian, in black Times New Roman font in an old newspaper. It was printed above lots of other teams in a kind of table and we had the letter (c) after our name.

Newry Hibs
12-02-2014, 01:28 PM
I remember when I was away for a wee trip to Dublin, must have been about 10 years ago, I saw a big sign in green on a white back ground, it said Hibernian, we won't let you down, I though lying bar stewards, it was for an insurance company, maybe someone could remind me of the area of Dublin and if its still there? The sign was massive!

Hibernian Insurance was swallowed up by the Aviva group I think (Norwich Union). In the late 90s I was up for a contract job with another guy. I got sent to Bank Of Ireland and he got the Hibernian gig. Gutted. As I was hoping to blag Hibernian umbrellas and various other tat.

Don't know if the sign is still there - but I doubt it.

Gala Foxes
12-02-2014, 06:04 PM
seeing Hibs in the Top 6 is looking pretty unusual now

Bostonhibby
12-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Hibernian Insurance was swallowed up by the Aviva group I think (Norwich Union). In the late 90s I was up for a contract job with another guy. I got sent to Bank Of Ireland and he got the Hibernian gig. Gutted. As I was hoping to blag Hibernian umbrellas and various other tat.

NIG bought Hibernian business. I did the run off :-) never got any souvenirs!

madbadlad
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Saw De La Cruz 's nephew and niece in full Hibs strips just after we signed him when I was in Quito. Their mum was equally surprised to find a Spanish speaking Hibs fan in her local park in a Sunday.

Scott Allan Key
13-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Saw John McLaughlin do an acoustic gig at Leeds Hibernian Club in late 1993 or early 1994. Must be a few Hibernian clubs around Britain, some of which had football teams, of course.

number9dream
13-02-2014, 08:14 AM
You were about 30 miles too far north for me - the toiling badly in a Hibs strip bit would be right though :greengrin

I cycle all around South Lincs between Stamford and Spalding typically, have done Boston a couple of times but its murder - all flat but you always seem to be cycling into the wind! I am always in a Hibs top - often a number 10 or 4 70's style top. On my journeys I have bumped into quite a few hibbies in Lincs and Norfolk but rarely see them more than once!. There's 3 definite Hibbies nearby and a group of about 6 who I force to show an interest and who do actually get to a few games - mostly because Edinburgh has better pubs that Deeping St. James:greengrin

I did once see a lot of Hibs colours in Boston but the Pilgrims were playing Bradford Park Avenue and they once played in green panels and white sleeves apparently.

Does Boston Hibby ever venture into The Haven in Jamaica Plain? The toilets are covered in Scottish football programmes - a few Hibs ones on show...

Keith_M
13-02-2014, 08:49 AM
On the Scottish Cup....

:duck:

Bostonhibby
13-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Does Boston Hibby ever venture into The Haven in Jamaica Plain? The toilets are covered in Scottish football programmes - a few Hibs ones on show...

Sadly no, its Boston in Lincolnshire - I go up to watch Boston occasionally hence the name - nowhere near as good as the Haven but Boston Lincs has the Indian Queen :greengrin

http://www.boston.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5623

number9dream
13-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Sadly no, its Boston in Lincolnshire - I go up to watch Boston occasionally hence the name - nowhere near as good as the Haven but Boston Lincs has the Indian Queen :greengrin

http://www.boston.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5623

D'oh! I should pay more attention...
Anyhoo, if anyone pays Boston, Mass, a visit, The Haven is a great watering hole.

brog
13-02-2014, 01:39 PM
On my first trip to Kazakhstan I went into the oil camp bar. There was a large collection of shirts from American sports teams hanging up & one football strip. It was of course a Hibs top & not just any top but Davie Farrell's strip from the LC final vs Oldco!

The Pointer
13-02-2014, 11:04 PM

Some things just don't translate!

MrRobot
14-02-2014, 06:58 AM
http://youtu.be/Ehzmr79ZCoE

Not written but the strip is there ;)

147lothian
14-02-2014, 10:33 AM

Cheers for clearing that up mate! It was maybe a bit longer ago than that I thought I saw it in Dublin, the Guinness has a lot to answer for

hhibs
14-02-2014, 10:37 AM
There is "Hibs" scrawled on a toilet door in my old local in Connecticut.

Dunno who did that...

Errrr,depending on where in Ct and the pub it was in it just might have been me in a pissed up state.:wink:

On the other hand ,I think there are a few of Hibees in the general New England area.

persevere1875
14-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Theirs Hibs stuff all over the walls in my pub in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and I couldnt give a hoot if the locals like it or not, its an easy choice, accept it or jog, you decide :wink:

alhibby
14-02-2014, 02:35 PM

Found this in a bar in San Francisco
, good it was too :agree:

Aldo
14-02-2014, 02:48 PM
There are a couple of pendants behind the bar in the Elephant and Castle pub in San Francisco. Sure that's the place Irvine Welsh drinks when he's there and is the pub un the film So I Married an Axe Murderer.

There is also a street called Hibernian street in New York City just up from the Old Fish Market near Pier 17.

Steve-O
15-02-2014, 10:51 AM
This is a school in Upper Hutt, just outside of Wellington, NZ.

Hibs_dot_com
16-02-2014, 10:42 AM

Found this in a bar in San Francisco
, good it was too :agree:

Think the bar is called the Irish Bank in the financial district near the Chinatown Dragons Gate.

Been in it once for a few beers.

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
16-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I saw a picture of the Scottish Cup once.

basehibby
16-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I once wrote "Hibees ya Bas" in some wet cement somewhere in London.

Albanian Hibs
16-02-2014, 11:59 AM
There is/was a hibs strip on the roof of a bar called Up Your Kilt in Chaweng beach on Koh Samui with **** the hearts written on it.... Wonder who did that!!?

Haymaker
16-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Errrr,depending on where in Ct and the pub it was in it just might have been me in a pissed up state.:wink:

On the other hand ,I think there are a few of Hibees in the general New England area.

It was in Stratford. Defo wasnt there when I first went in... :greengrin

Ronniekirk
16-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I saw a picture of the Scottish Cup once.

Our name is inscribed on the original base of the Scottish Cup not many teams can say that.

hibbybrian
16-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Our name is inscribed on the original base of the Scottish Cup not many teams can say that.

Hibernian's name is inscribed on the Cup itself :wink:

before Hearts, Rangers or Celtic :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
19-02-2014, 02:36 PM

Racing Santander fans on Sunday.

eggbamyasi
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Racing Santander fans on Sunday.

Quality lol . Love it

edwards
19-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Now this I have also done, In my job I sometimes have parents visit my house. I remember this one was male and a jambo full of himself as usual. So when Alex Miller took us to the final and won it I was decorating the living room at the time, so I decided to paint right across the wall Hibernian Fc League Cup Winners not a happy chappy when he came to visit and stuck the game on as well just for good measure.
The next people in the house were jambos as well :greengrin