PDA

View Full Version : If The Amount of Bedwetting on This Forum...

Dashing Bob S
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
...was transferred to a shower, Gary Locke would be a stick-on as our next manager.

Butcher took over a below average team, and got a short-term boost in effort and enthusiasm, as you would expect from a manager with such a pedigree.

Now he's finding out who hasn't got it as he reshapes the team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
...was transferred to a shower, Gary Locke would be a stick-on as our next manager.

Butcher took over a below average team, and got a short-term boost in effort and enthusiasm, as you would expect from a manager with such a pedigree.

And how many times have we heard that Bob?

Well past excuses for me, other teams seem to get an instant lift even with players previous managers have left...except us.

MB62
10-02-2014, 01:38 PM

So are we all meant to just go away and accept that getting beat from a championship (div1) team is ok and merrily turn up for the next game?
There's only two trophies that we realistically have a chance of winning each season and we have gone out them both to 'lesser' teams.
Butcher will be given every chance to re-shape the team over a period of time but that doesn't mean when he gets things wrong now that he should escape a wee moan.
I am actually starting to become immune to these results now, which maybe says it all about our club. Five years ago I would have been cutting my wrists but now it's just another crap result amongst the many that we get every year.

sleeping giant
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
So are we all meant to just go away and accept that getting beat from a championship (div1) team is ok and merrily turn up for the next game?
There's only two trophies that we realistically have a chance of winning each season and we gone out them both to 'lesser' teams.
Butcher will be given every chance to re-shape the team over a period of time but that doesn't mean when he gets things wrong now that he should escape a wee moan.
I am actually starting to become immune to these results now, which maybe says it all about our club. Five years ago I would have been cutting my wrists but now it's just another crap result amongst the many that we get every year.

Sadly , i feel much the same.:worried:

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 06:35 PM

Hush Bob, hush. This weekend has been the panic scene from Airplane on here and you are in danger of giving the passengers oxygen masks and common sense.

Russ
10-02-2014, 08:04 PM
There's only two trophies that we realistically have a chance of winning each season and we gone out them both to 'lesser' teams.

Going by your age you've seen Hibs turned over numerous times by lower division teams, it's nothing new and not our current managers fault Let's all stop the bed wetting and support the team instead of veiled threats about not going back etc. We've had far more disastrous results than on Saturday, not to say it didn't hurt as much. I have no doubt Butcher is the man for the job. Not having a pop at you in particular but the general claptrap that is being written on here after Saturday. Butcher is not God, he will make mistakes just like the players will, but let's throw our support behind them instead of moaning about it.

jacomo
10-02-2014, 08:06 PM

Well past excuses for me, other teams seem to get an instant lift even with players previous managers have left...except us.

Too many times. It's a clue as to the scale of the task that TB has in front of him.

The only question that matters IMO is whether you believe TB and his team have what it takes. I think they do... In fact I have more confidence in them than our past three managers combined.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Thats all fine and well but whilst we are being reshaped yet again I'm not getting any value for my £400 season ticket. That kind of annoys me.

FWIW I like Butcher and think he could do well but something would be even further wrong if people weren't all 'bedwetting' in the days after a cup defeat to a lower league team who haven't been able to buy a goal never mind a win.

MB62
11-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Going by your age you've seen Hibs turned over numerous times by lower division teams, it's nothing new and not our current managers fault Let's all stop the bed wetting and support the team instead of veiled threats about not going back etc. We've had far more disastrous results than on Saturday, not to say it didn't hurt as much. I have no doubt Butcher is the man for the job. Not having a pop at you in particular but the general claptrap that is being written on here after Saturday. Butcher is not God, he will make mistakes just like the players will, but let's throw our support behind them instead of moaning about it.

I have seen Hibs losing in cups to lower league teams on far too many occasions but that doesn't mean it's acceptable or that we are not entitled to have a wee moan about it. Butcher keeps blaming the players for poor performances, and quite rightly so, but IMO, on Saturday, he was as much to blame as the players.
What was the point in signing three players in the transfer window and having two of them on the bench and one not even getting on the pitch. I could understand that if we had been playing well and he didn't want to change a winning a team but that was far from the case.
Whilst Collins gives you every ounce of effort, he is about as effective a striker as Maggie Thatcher and at the very least needs a bit help up front. To play one striker against a div 1 side is making the same mistake as Fenlon did against Falkirk last season.
Butcher himself admitted afterwards that our defence got rubbished throughout the game, which was obvious to everyone I would imagine, yet he left a new centre half/right back getting spails on his arse for the whole game.
I do believe Butcher is the man for the long term, but I don't want to hear it's all their fault all the time when IMO, he has to admit he maybe got things wrong.

Once again we are getting all the sound bites from the players afterwards about how bad they were and they need to work harder and put things right. STOP TALKING AND JUST DO THE BIZ ON MATCH DAY.

Ronniekirk
11-02-2014, 07:48 AM
I have seen Hibs losing in cups to lower league teams on far too many occasions but that doesn't mean it's acceptable or that we are not entitled to have a wee moan about it. Butcher keeps blaming the players for poor performances, and quite rightly so, but IMO, on Saturday, he was as much to blame as the players.
What was the point in signing three players in the transfer window and having two of them on the bench and one not even getting on the pitch. I could understand that if we had been playing well and he didn't want to change a winning a team but that was far from the case.
Whilst Collins gives you every ounce of effort, he is about as effective a striker as Maggie Thatcher and at the very least needs a bit help up front. To play one striker against a div 1 side is making the same mistake as Fenlon did against Falkirk last season.
Butcher himself admitted afterwards that our defence got rubbished throughout the game, which was obvious to everyone I would imagine, yet he left a new centre half/right back getting spails on his arse for the whole game.
I do believe Butcher is the man for the long term, but I don't want to hear it's all their fault all the time when IMO, he has to admit he maybe got things wrong.

Once again we are getting all the sound bites from the players afterwards about how bad they were and they need to work harder and put things right. STOP TALKING AND JUST DO THE BIZ ON MATCH DAY.

Agree with last two lines apologies come thick and fast now and they no longer mean anything as things don't change

Lucius Apuleius
11-02-2014, 07:49 AM
What was the point in signing three players in the transfer window and having two of them on the bench and one not even getting on the pitch. I rcould understand that if we had been playing well and he didn't want to change a winning a team but that was far from the case.

No problem with a wee bit moaning MB. What is happening on here on virtually every thread is not short of a witch hunt. Personally I am not happy, &%$#*-+ disgusted if the truth be known, however not everything in life needs scapegoats. I actually thought we started off playing quite well and up to half time could honestly not seeing us losing. Proved wrong obviously but **** happens. Quite a lot if you are a hibby. :-).

Blow me celtc supporters are absolutely livid at getting beaten and that by a team next to them in the league.

Not saying we played well before a team of bedwetters ambush me, but our luck was out.

Russ
11-02-2014, 01:26 PM
No problem with a wee bit moaning MB. What is happening on here on virtually every thread is not short of a witch hunt. Personally I am not happy, &%$#*-+ disgusted if the truth be known, however not everything in life needs scapegoats. I actually thought we started off playing quite well and up to half time could honestly not seeing us losing. Proved wrong obviously but **** happens. Quite a lot if you are a hibby. :-).

Blow me celtc supporters are absolutely livid at getting beaten and that by a team next to them in the league.

Not saying we played well before a team of bedwetters ambush me, but our luck was out.

Our lucks been out since 1902 in this particular competition m8, but if anyone can do it I think Butcher can, given time of course. But time is something Hibs managers don't seem to get since one Alex Miller departed. I wonder who's fault that is.

The Sea-gull
11-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Our lucks been out since 1902 in this particular competition m8, but if anyone can do it I think Butcher can, given time of course. But time is something Hibs managers don't seem to get since one Alex Miller departed. I wonder who's fault that is.

I think Butcher can sort us out if given time too but I don't think he needs nor should get that much time to do it. He has to have us minimum top 6 by the end of next season but ideally top 3 or 4. It is not that difficult a job.

I was a big fan of Terry Butcher getting the job and I think he is the right man but if we finish bottom 6 next season then for me he has failed and has to go.

He may even get us into the top 6 this season yet and if he does that and we finish bottom 6 next season then he definitely has to go!

Russ
11-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I think Butcher can sort us out if given time too but I don't think he needs nor should get that much time to do it. He has to have us minimum top 6 by the end of next season but ideally top 3 or 4. It is not that difficult a job.

I was a big fan of Terry Butcher getting the job and I think he is the right man but if we finish bottom 6 next season then for me he has failed and has to go.

He may even get us into the top 6 this season yet and if he does that and we finish bottom 6 next season then he definitely has to go!
Words fail me.

The Sea-gull
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Words fail me.

Why? Surely a decent manger worth his salt should have Hibs in the top 6 of the league within 18 months of his appointment? Especially in a league without Rangers and Hearts.

southsider
11-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Well guys, Aberdeen have invested massively in their playing staff since the summer and where has it got them ? The exact place where WE wish to be. Good defenders, a decent midfied and forwards who can score goals. Our crowds, turnover etc is on par with Aberdeen so why was TB reduced to trying to get loan signings until the end of the season. With the right investment we could have made a real stab at this cup but once again we are out. But getting totally outplayed really stuck in my throat and it was just so needless. Back him Petrie of just do one as we cannot take much more.

E10 Rifle
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM

This - I feel Saturday is a time to support the team in big numbers and see what Butcher does with the side, as this is now a true test of his ability. He has a few extra cards to play now after the transfer window so let's go and take a look at a game we could win by a stretch if he gets it right. :pray:

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Well past excuses for me, other teams seem to get an instant lift even with players previous managers have left...except us.As many teams get a lift twice and many don't.

Russ
11-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Why? Surely a decent manger worth his salt should have Hibs in the top 6 of the league within 18 months of his appointment? Especially in a league without Rangers and Hearts.
If only everything was as black and white in my world as it yours. I have no doubt whatsoever that Butcher will have us top 4 next season, but he's not going to be able to ship out the majority of players he would like in one fell swoop. This is where we are going wrong as a club, sacking manager after manager and expecting the new guy to work the oracle in a season or 2 with the previous managers players. We have the opportunity here to back a guy who knows what he's talking about and commands respect from his players. If it takes him 3 years is that not better than this endless cycle we are in? There has to come a point when we say we have the right guy and back him to the hilt. If we could put up with Miller in his first few years as manager we can certainly do it with big Tel.

Pete
11-02-2014, 03:05 PM
If only everything was as black and white in my world as it yours. I have no doubt whatsoever that Butcher will have us top 4 next season, but he's not going to be able to ship out the majority of players he would like in one fell swoop. This is where we are going wrong as a club, sacking manager after mar and expecting the new guy to work the oracle in a season or 2 with the previous managers players. We have the opportunity here to back a guy who knows what he's talking about and commands respect from his players. If it takes him 3 years is that not better than this endless cycle we are in? There has to come a point when we say we have the right guy and back him to the hilt. If we could put up with Miller in his first few years as manager we can certainly do it with big Tel.
:agree:
If we give Terry enough time then it won't matter what league hearts or rangers are in. Sacking him because he doesn't achieve some target after his first full season is simply repeating the mistakes of the past.

silverhibee
11-02-2014, 04:57 PM

Is it ever in.