PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 10:56 AM
The reaction on here the last few days has been ridiculous in some cases. Blaming everything from Petrie to the East Stand FFS! I'm still positive about the future of Hibs and this is why:

I'm still confident in the management team. Butcher is working with someone else's squad and he managed to get them turned in the right direction for the most part right up until the derby

Butchers brought in 3 players and only one of them started on Saturday and he was our best player. Watmore is exactly what we've been crying out for, someone who can create chances. If that's the standard of player we can expect in the summer then I'm excited

Petrie is the man keeping our club from the same fate as Hearts and others. I'm reading posts from people who say they want Petrie to spend more cash (he just bought us a management team!) and those same people are saying they won't renew their season tickets? Madness

Saturday was a poor performance but it doesn't matter how good you are, these things happens in Football, especially in cup competitions.

I'm obviously annoyed at the result on Saturday but I'm not distraught. Maybe I'm the only one and maybe this thread will fill up with people telling me what an ****hole I am for not seeing it.

I'll still be going to every home game, I'll still be buying a season ticket for next season and I've still got bucket loads of faith in the people who run our club.

GreenArmyyy!
10-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Not saying you are wrong in any way. I just think most of us are struggling to see the light at the end of this extremely long tunnel. The next 3 months are going to be very tedious.

Virginia Hibs
10-02-2014, 11:01 AM
You're not the only one Mr Bajillions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
10-02-2014, 11:02 AM
The reaction on here the last few days has been ridiculous in some cases. Blaming everything from Petrie to the East Stand FFS! I'm still positive about the future of Hibs and this is why:

I'm still confident in the management team. Butcher is working with someone else's squad and he managed to get them turned in the right direction for the most part right up until the derby

Butchers brought in 3 players and only one of them started on Saturday and he was our best player. Watmore is exactly what we've been crying out for, someone who can create chances. If that's the standard of player we can expect in the summer then I'm excited

Petrie is the man keeping our club from the same fate as Hearts and others. I'm reading posts from people who say they want Petrie to spend more cash (he just bought us a management team!) and those same people are saying they won't renew their season tickets? Madness

Saturday was a poor performance but it doesn't matter how good you are, these things happens in Football, especially in cup competitions.

I'm obviously annoyed at the result on Saturday but I'm not distraught. Maybe I'm the only one and maybe this thread will fill up with people telling me what an ****hole I am for not seeing it.

I'll still be going to every home game, I'll still be buying a season ticket for next season and I've still got bucket loads of faith in the people who run our club.

Well said.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2014, 11:04 AM

I'm still confident in the management team. Butcher is working with someone else's squad and he managed to get them turned in the right direction for the most part right up until the derby.
Butchers brought in 3 players and only one of them started on Saturday and he was our best player. Watmore is exactly what we've been crying out for, someone who can create chances. If that's the standard of player we can expect in the summer then I'm excited.
Petrie is the man keeping our club from the same fate as Hearts and others. I'm reading posts from people who say they want Petrie to spend more cash (he just bought us a management team!) and those same people are saying they won't renew their season tickets? Madness.

If it was a freak result then people would be more in agreement with you but no one was surprised by Saturday and we have had 6 years of this.
As it happens, I agree with you but it is getting harder to maintain the faith.
Things need to change very quickly now or the the fans will just give up.
My 7 year old was laughing about how bad we were on Saturday on the way home. He's 7 FFS. He should have been devastated but he been going for three years now and has seen enough bad performances to last a life time.
It won't be long till he's asking to do something else on a Saturday.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Are you me in disguise? Agree 100%

The Sea-gull
10-02-2014, 11:05 AM

I'm still positive about the future in terms that we can get it right but I want early evidence in the close season that we are going to get rid of some dross and get a couple of good, permanent signings or high profile loans in before I can really look forward with true optimism. Saturday's result will hang over a lot of fans for a few months yet. Certainly the rest of the season and if we don't improve will be dwelled on into next.

I'm toiling to find enthusiasm to go to another game this season but I am sure I will. The trouble is there will be others, good fans, who will have just had enough and won't go back again this term. I can't blame them. If we don't invest and start next season well we may lose them for a long time and we have already lost a lot of fans in the last 4 years or so. We can't afford to lose many more.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:06 AM

Good for you, I sincerely hope it all pans out as you predict. No-one on here wants Hibs to fail, but there's not many other things in life that you would keep doing/watching if it it gave you so much displeasure everytime you done it.

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Good for you, I sincerely hope it all pans out as you predict. No-one on here wants Hibs to fail, but there's not many other things in life that you would keep doing/watching if it it gave you so much displeasure everytime you done it.

That's because I don't love anything else as much as I love Hibernian Football Club (family excluded)

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 11:10 AM

I would like to agree with you but I am afraid that TB's vision for the club consists of long balls. If I had seen Hibs attempt to play passing, attacking football but it wasn't quite working then yes, we would be headed in the right direction. However, what we are seeing is hibs trying achieve the perfect hoof.

Weststandwanab
10-02-2014, 11:10 AM
You're not the only one Mr Bajillions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Another one here.

Are you me in disguise? Agree 100% No he/she is me in disguise.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:11 AM
That's because I don't love anything else as much as I love Hibernian Football Club (family excluded)

Fair comment, I can't equate to that so you have a point.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
I would like to agree with you but I am afraid that TB's vision for the club consists of long balls. If I had seen Hibs attempt to play passing, attacking football but it wasn't quite working then yes, we would be headed in the right direction. However, what we are seeing is hibs trying achieve the perfect hoof.

Utter, utter guff.

Who was the best player on the park? Oh aye, the guy Butcher brought in as a skilful, pacey wide player. If you think Caley were a hoofball team you know hee-haw about football.

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 11:14 AM
If it was a freak result then people would be more in agreement with you but no one was surprised by Saturday and we have had 6 years of this.
As it happens, I agree with you but it is getting harder to maintain the faith.
Things need to change very quickly now or the the fans will just give up.
My 7 year old was laughing about how bad we were on Saturday on the way home. He's 7 FFS. He should have been devastated but he been going for three years now and has seen enough bad performances to last a life time.
It won't be long till he's asking to do something else on a Saturday.

Spot on,no enjoyment watching Hibs,I'm not renewing my season ticket neither is my mate,find it a chore dragging myself to ER to watch that dross.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 11:18 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bbb3f1c322257e5e25f23a74e9672196/tumblr_mq05frWEcy1sugd3io1_500.gif

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-02-2014, 11:18 AM
I agree with you Bajillions!

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
:Spot on kickback smilie:

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Spot on,no enjoyment watching Hibs,I'm not renewing my season ticket neither is my mate,find it a chore dragging myself to ER to watch that dross.

If you really are a season ticket holder, you'll change your mind when things pick up.

Bobby's Cinema

Well said. Patience is understandably running thin and it was an absolute shocker of a result on Saturday, particularly given the draw, but some of the response is way over the top.

What has gone before is the reason we are out of the cup imo. It's daft to blame Terry, who's still trying to find an XI he can rely on.

Thecat23
The way I see it when Butcher arrived he asked the fans to believe in his vision for where he wants to take the club. He's been in the door 5 mins and only had one transfer window. That window isn't the best for managers it's the summer one that they set out their targets.

The folk saying they won't renew are prob the ones who constantly boo and abuse players. If that's you then I'm delighted you won't be back. I'll defo renew because I want to support the club and not turn my back because we got put out the cup. I want to buy into Butchers vision and the more supporters that do the better for the club and we move forward as one.

I think the right man is there now, he's been left with someone's team to field each week. His tactics for that team may not be working but I'm sure when his own players come in who want to play for Butcher things at ER will improve a lot and the ones who turned their back on the club will be out in force soon as we reach Hampden again.

Lucius Apuleius
10-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Me too Baj.

BH Hibs
10-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I agree with the op. The vast majority wanted Butcher in let's give him a chance with his own players

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:26 AM
The way I see it when Butcher arrived he asked the fans to believe in his vision for where he wants to take the club. He's been in the door 5 mins and only had one transfer window. That window isn't the best for managers it's the summer one that they set out their targets.

The folk saying they won't renew are prob the ones who constantly boo and abuse players. If that's you then I'm delighted you won't be back. I'll defo renew because I want to support the club and not turn my back because we got put out the cup. I want to buy into Butchers vision and the more supporters that do the better for the club and we move forward as one.

I think the right man is there now, he's been left with someone's team to field each week. His tactics for that team may not be working but I'm sure when his own players come in who want to play for Butcher things at ER will improve a lot and the ones who turned their back on the club will be out in force soon as we reach Hampden again.

A massive presumption, and totally wrong in my case.

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 11:27 AM
If you really are a season ticket holder, you'll change your mind when things pick up.

:agree:

A few weeks ago we were 15 minutes away from winning 4 on the bounce.

We ended up drawing and now I think we've lost 4 on the trot? 2 of those came from Celtic and Aberdeen though. Yes we got put out the cup by Raith but these upsets happen. Look at Motherwell.

The fact that people are talking about not renewing next season because we've lost 4 in a row is crazy talk and I think when people calm down after the result on Saturday it won't seem as bad.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:31 AM

We ended up drawing and now I think we've lost 4 on the trot? 2 of those came from Celtic and Aberdeen though. Yes we got put out the cup by Raith but these upsets happen. Look at Motherwell.

The fact that people are talking about not renewing next season because we've lost 4 in a row is crazy talk and I think when people calm down after the result on Saturday it won't seem as bad.

For me it's nothing to do with losing 4 in a row, it's about leaving ER every week and wondering why the **** I bothered going in the first place, a feeling I've managed to suffer for the last few years and kept returning. Now I'm not sure I want to.

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM
A massive presumption, and totally wrong in my case.

That's good, then you'll be a supporter who will no doubt be missed at the games. The ones who boo won't be.

B.H.F.C
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM

I think things go a lot deeper than losing 4 games on the trot for people to be thinking about not renewing. I think the last few years are catching up with a lot of people now and I fully expect our season ticket numbers to drop in the summer.

Joe6-2
10-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree with the op. The vast majority wanted Butcher in let's give him a chance with his own players

This

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:43 AM
That's good, then you'll be a supporter who will no doubt be missed at the games. The ones who boo won't be.

I haven't gone yet :wink:

Greenworld
10-02-2014, 11:44 AM

Can I ask you this do you believe that Terry was backed fully
in the jan transfer window or left fraustrated that that
others took players he wanted....rooney to Aberdeen jusy one
example.

I will add no matter how ***** or how unhappy I am I will
still be at ER i have managed 40 years so far so another few
wont do any harm

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I haven't gone yet :wink:

RENEW, RENEW, RENEW :D

I do understand how pissed off folk are. It's not Butchers fault that we have brought in really poor managers of past. That's why I want to give him a chance because I seen what he done at ICT and would love for him to do it here.

Billychaotic182
10-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Spot on mate

Gatecrasher
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I agree some of the reactions are OTT, however that was not acceptable on Saturday. That performence was guff and this forum is a great way for people to let off some steam.

Terry Butcher had ICT playing some brilliant football, that of the quality missing from ER for about 7 years. 7 years is too long for us to be waiting for the next good Hibs side to come along. Understandably patience is wearing thin, I have yet to see anything that tells me this rotten form at our club is coming to an end. The club will be sending out the ST forms in a month or 2 and they will be asking us to spend near £400 thats a lot of money! one of the more expensive ST prices in the League! yet we are watching teams half our size coming to OUR stadium and outplaying us.

Butcher will need time but he also needs to make us believe that he deserves that time and Saturday won't do that. TB had ICT playing a passing game that tore us a part on several occasions yet we are currently being subjected to Hoofball.

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 11:50 AM
example.

wont do any harm

As far as I know he was backed. I'm no fan of Petrie as I think it's time for him to go but I do think he was backing TB. Rooney to be honest is getting more at The Dons than he would here but that's up the them to splash the cash. I think Milne is loaded so prob sees that chance to grab second spot so is pushing the boat out to get it. Good on him to show that ambition.

This summer will tell a huge story. If Butcher doesn't get his targets in early and we lose out to them, and it's easy to find out through agents and players btw then I think the problem is clear for all to see. But no point jumping the gun hopefully TB and Petrie work hard and get the club moving forward together.

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 11:52 AM
For me it's nothing to do with losing 4 in a row, it's about leaving ER every week and wondering why the **** I bothered going in the first place, a feeling I've managed to suffer for the last few years and kept returning. Now I'm not sure I want to.

I think things go a lot deeper than losing 4 games on the trot for people to be thinking about not renewing. I think the last few years are catching up with a lot of people now and I fully expect our season ticket numbers to drop in the summer.

I understand that but at the end of the day, no one was talking about that when Butcher first came in, or that good run we had the start of last season.

If we beat Ross County and go on a good run people will be happy again, every football team is that same. Imagine how boring it would be if we won all the time :wink:

There's really no point not renewing because of a bad run of form. Happens to every team (Hibs slightly more so than others) :greengrin

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 11:53 AM
example.

wont do any harm

Butcher has made it clear that Rooney wanted a permanent deal but we only wanted him on loan. There was no deal to be done there so Aberdeen signed him.

Brightside
10-02-2014, 11:57 AM
It was a freak result, were most of our players performed very badly. I'd also think its a learning for Terry as that was the wrong team formation to beat a team that hadnt scored in months.
I do agree that some players are miles off form though and need to be dropped. There is no shortage of hungry young players in the u20s to show them how its done.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Butcher has made it clear that Rooney wanted a permanent deal but we only wanted him on loan. There was no deal to be done there so Aberdeen signed him.

Nonsense.

Butcher could have offered a permanent deal.

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Nonsense.

Would he have just pulled the money out his arse?

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Nonsense.

We 100% could not afford the same deal Dons offered so we would have lost out anyway.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
It was a freak result, were most of our players performed very badly. I'd also think its a learning for Terry as that was the wrong team formation to beat a team that hadnt scored in months.
I do agree that some players are miles off form though and need to be dropped. There is no shortage of hungry young players in the u20s to show them how its done.

It's not a freak result if it's the fourth one in a row

Greenworld
10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
As far as I know he was backed. I'm no fan of Petrie as I think it's time for him to go but I do think he was backing TB. Rooney to be honest is getting more at The Dons than he would here but that's up the them to splash the cash. I think Milne is loaded do Prob sees that chance to grab second spot so is pushing the boat out to get it. Good on him to show that ambition.

This summer will tell a huge story. If Butcher doesn't get his targets in early and we lose out to them, and it's easy to find out through agents and players btw then I think the problem is clear for all to see. But no point jumping the gun hopefully TB and Petrie work hard and get the club moving forward together.
Ok I respect you seem to be in the know...and you are
correct on rooney....I know from players that they are enjoying
training under mm and tb so I agree 100% this summer will
be interesting and I hope to be saying no more than how
good players are for a change...we need to get winning again
though to near to the 2nd bottom fir my liking

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:00 PM
We 100% could not afford the same deal Dons offered so we would have lost out anyway.

There is absolutely no way you know what he was offered and what Hibs could have offered

Greenblood70
10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
As far as I know he was backed. I'm no fan of Petrie as I think it's time for him to go but I do think he was backing TB. Rooney to be honest is getting more at The Dons than he would here but that's up the them to splash the cash. I think Milne is loaded so prob sees that chance to grab second spot so is pushing the boat out to get it. Good on him to show that ambition.

Maybe a bit unfair to ask you publicly TC so dont answer if you would rather not but have you heard this to be the case in the past from your contacts? I know we joke on here about "hibs.net facts" becoming gospel which is why I'm interested. I think it would be fair to say that its certainly a widely held perception of our transfer window business.

Zazu62
10-02-2014, 12:02 PM

Well said Baj.

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Nonsense.

Then why didn't he? Why would he lie to supporters about it?

He made it clear in his interviews all through January that his rebuilding work will be done in the Summer. Signing a player to a permanent deal in January would be a bad move. He needs to be able to have a clear out and build from scratch in the summer.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Then why didn't he? Why would he lie to supporters about it?

He made it clear in his interviews all through January that his rebuilding work will be done in the Summer. Signing a player to a permanent deal in January would be a bad move. He needs to be able to have a clear out and build from scratch in the summer.

He didn't lie. He told the supporters he offered him a loan deal and Aberdeen offered him a permanent contract. Butcher rates him clearly. He's doing well for Aberdeen. Bizarre he wouldn't have just offered a longer term contract. Rooney could have been the difference yesterday but now he's well set for two trophies at Aberdeen.

Golden Bear
10-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Regular attendance at football games is a habit but once the habit is broken then it will take something extra special to lure the missing few thousand back.

The appointment of Butcher was both exciting and visionary and I fully expected that once again I'd look forward to my regular visit to ER - sadly my appetite has not yet fully returned. Let's hope that in time, Butcher will provide us with both entertainment and a team that is capable of stringing together a succession of good results.

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Maybe a bit unfair to ask you publicly TC so dont answer if you would rather not but have you heard this to be the case in the past from your contacts? I know we joke on here about "hibs.net facts" becoming gospel which is why I'm interested. I think it would be fair to say that its certainly a widely held perception of our transfer window business.

I've dropped you a PM mate.

Allant1981
10-02-2014, 12:09 PM

So because the team arent great you are considering not going? Being a supporter is just that, supporting. We are not a club that is going to win every week. Dont know what some people expect

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Nonsense.

Which bit of "Butcher wanted him on loan" don't you understand?

Brightside
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
It's not a freak result if it's the fourth one in a row

I must have missed when we've been beaten by Raith for the last 4 games. Lets keep to reality please. We were beaten by Celtic - despite putting in a very decent performance. We were poor against St Mirren. We played alright against Aberdeen (they scored with a goal from nothing).

Saturday was awful but everyone needs to get a grip of their knickers tbh.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Which bit of "Butcher wanted him on loan" don't you understand?

The bit where he didn't want him permanently. Anyone can see that was a mistake

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 12:15 PM
There is absolutely no way you know what he was offered and what Hibs could have offered

Nonsense. Butcher could have offered a permanent deal.

Hmm

Go on then. tell us how you square these two statements? Have you considered that Butcher maybe didn't want to tie up his player budget with Rooney in a long term deal?

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Yip I really am a season ticket holder,but I've put enough money into Hibs recently with very little enjoyment,no one forces me to do it & I've never expected the club to reward me/us with trophies etc but for sheer enjoyment there's not one reason you'd want to go along to ER,it's depressing,I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched Hibs thinking I can see progress & we played decent football !!

Peevemor
10-02-2014, 12:16 PM
The bit where he didn't want him permanently. Anyone can see that was a mistake

Unless he already has a summer signing in mind that he's keeping that monay for.

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 12:17 PM
He didn't lie. He told the supporters he offered him a loan deal and Aberdeen offered him a permanent contract. Butcher rates him clearly. He's doing well for Aberdeen. Bizarre he wouldn't have just offered a longer term contract. Rooney could have been the difference yesterday but now he's well set for two trophies at Aberdeen.

Butcher spoke to Rooney's agent and his agent made it clear he was after a permanent deal. Butcher doesn't yet know what's happening with players at the end of the season so he didn't/couldn't take it any further. They never discussed finance. Aberdeen the offered Rooney the contract he was looking for.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Hmm

Go on then. tell us how you square these two statements? Have you considered that Butcher maybe didn't want to tie up his player budget with Rooney in a long term deal?

We're now out the cup. How do you think his player budget is going to look now?

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Yip I really am a season ticket holder,but I've put enough money into Hibs recently with very little enjoyment,no one forces me to do it & I've never expected the club to reward me/us with trophies etc but for sheer enjoyment there's not one reason you'd want to go along to ER,it's depressing,I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched Hibs thinking I can see progress & we played decent football !!

Killie at ER? Or did you miss that one?

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Nice swerve. Not what I asked.

tamig
10-02-2014, 12:19 PM

And that is why most of us are football supporters and keep coming back for more. Not aiming this at you but if it's glory-hunting you're after, ER isn't the place to be. Supporting your club is so much more than that. Sure it can be hard going at times, but that's what it's all about.

Brightside
10-02-2014, 12:20 PM

This is just tosh now. If he had signed for Hibs and for some reason (ie no ****** service) didnt score in his first three games there would be a dozen threads about him and how much Butcher has wasted our budget.

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 12:20 PM

The vast majority of his player budget comes from Season Ticket sales.

For all we know Terry has his eye on someone even better but can't sign them until January. Fact is we were never really in for Rooney.

ian cruise
10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Imagine how boring it would be if we won all the time :wink:

Living out in the west a large number of my friends are old firm supporters. One of my Celtic supporting mates told me that "this season was pretty miserable watching Celtic". Yup unbeaten in the league and they're still not happy. So we aren't alone in having a fickle fan base. I think the cost of football makes people question bad performances more and be less tolerable of results like Saturday.

I still believe TB will come good but it going to take time. There will be other times like this but if we have faith we will get there. Aberdeen have had to suffer much worse than us of late but they are just coming good. We aren't that far behind. A good summer and it's a different story.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:23 PM
The vast majority of his player budget comes from Season Ticket sales.

For all we know Terry has his eye on someone even better but can't sign them until January. Fact is we were never really in for Rooney.

Sounds good

Oscar T Grouch
10-02-2014, 12:25 PM
My Internet went down at the weekend and I'm kinda glad it did. A bit like the guy in front of me trying to break his seat on Saturday, most of what I have read this morning is OTT, we've not improved since TB came in?!?! WTF, some people have short memories, watching Fenlons side have one shot on target a game, to what we have now is chalk and cheese. Okay we've had a few bad results, guess what, that happens in football.

I will be renewing next season, for the sole purpose of giving the new management team a bit of cash to play with (I certainly don't do it for the pleasure), I have watched Hibs for the last few years and I have never felt this positive since Mowbrey was here. TB is a good manager, just look what he did in the backwaters that is ICT, he will come good. For the boo boys, I've always tried to say, you pay your money, you can do what you want, within reason, inside the stadium, but really some of the stuff I had to listen to on saturday was ridiculous, and if those spouting that pish on Saturday want to stay away, then good on them. Saturday was woeful, but it really wasn't the worst Ive seen this season, never mind over the last few years.

I don't know how we do it, but the average Hibs fan needs a change of psyche, a change so we support the team with more than just our cash at the turnstiles, we need to stop being drama queens every time a new manager goes through a sticky patch. Listen to TB, he talks more sense than the last 4 managers put together, he has more experience in football than most players or managers will every see, trust in the management team and they will be here a long time and they will bring success with them.

So aye Bajillions, your not the only one!:wink:
:tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa:

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 12:26 PM
So because the team arent great you are considering not going? Being a supporter is just that, supporting. We are not a club that is going to win every week. Dont know what some people expect

No they are saying it's utter turd watching Hibs,i wish it wasn't but it's pretty hard to make an argument against it ?? When was the last time you left ER thinking we played well today (win or lose) ?? I can't.

Brightside
10-02-2014, 12:30 PM
No they are saying it's utter turd watching Hibs,i wish it wasn't but it's pretty hard to make an argument against it ?? When was the last time you left ER thinking we played well today (win or lose) ?? I can't.

v Celtic. and most Celtic fans and reporters agreed.

joe breezy
10-02-2014, 12:34 PM
over-reaction by many - I stopped coming on here last couple of days….

'fraid to say we weren't gonna win it with this team and at least we've been saved from another disappointing final…

i hope Aberdeen do the double now and I hope Hibs do as well as we can for the rest of the season

Hedlund12
10-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Well said B 👍

Kato
10-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Utter, utter guff.

Who was the best player on the park? Oh aye, the guy Butcher brought in as a skilful, pacey wide player. If you think Caley were a hoofball team you know hee-haw about football.

Pointless mate. This guy has been trolling this idea for a few weeks and doesn't care what the reality is.

He's either a jambo or the worst kind of myopic Hibs supporter.

Either way - a troll.

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 12:40 PM
v Celtic. and most Celtic fans and reporters agreed.

U reckon that performance gives us hope for the future ?? I hope your right & any positives u seen in the game hopefully make us better.Im not here to argue wether people should renew or not but for me personally I get no enjoyment watching Hibs anymore.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 12:44 PM

Haha mate if I was bothered about a team that would win more often than not I would never have chosen Hibs in the first place! You don't need to tell me what a supporter is.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
And that is why most of us are football supporters and keep coming back for more. Not aiming this at you but if it's glory-hunting you're after, ER isn't the place to be. Supporting your club is so much more than that. Sure it can be hard going at times, but that's what it's all about.

I know all that, I'm a football supporter and have been all my life so I need no explanation as to what it's all about. The fact remains that maybe my days as a supporter are over.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Pointless mate. This guy has been trolling this idea for a few weeks and doesn't care what the reality is.

He's either a jambo or the worst kind of myopic Hibs supporter.

Either way - a troll.

Haha. Can you calm down? All I want is to see Hibs attempt to play football. I don't think Butcher has us playing and I am quite rightly concerned. I have a right to my opinion even if you don't agree with it

tamig
10-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I know all that, I'm a football supporter and have been all my life so I need no explanation as to what it's all about. The fact remains that maybe my days as a supporter are over.

So can I ask how long you've been following Hibs? I've been through worse than this over the years bud. I am convinced things will get better under the current management.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 12:56 PM
So can I ask how long you've been following Hibs? I've been through worse than this over the years bud. I am convinced things will get better under the current management.

Since I moved to Edinburgh and foolishly gave up my Liverpool ST for a Hibs one in 1992.

ALF TUPPER
10-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Spot on Mr B

Anyone showing signs of turberculosis this morning ? FFS :rolleyes:

HibbySpurs
10-02-2014, 01:00 PM

:top marks

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 01:01 PM
U reckon that performance gives us hope for the future ?? I hope your right & any positives u seen in the game hopefully make us better.Im not here to argue wether people should renew or not but for me personally I get no enjoyment watching Hibs anymore.

Is that possibly because we're above your team in the league?

Just a thought

tamig
10-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Since I moved to Edinburgh and foolishly gave up my Liverpool ST for a Hibs one in 1992.

I watched some dross in teh late 70s/early 80s when I first started following home and away. But I gues we're maybe a bit more tolerant in our youth. ;-)

Kato
10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Haha. Can you calm down?

Well it's a gift to see ourselves as others see us.

Thanks for your concern but I'm a pretty calm person and, most of the time, a very calm poster.

When you climb of your home made pedestal maybe you'll see that but given that you see "90 mins of long ball" when you go to games, maybe not (that's if you go to Hibs games).

All I want is to see Hibs attempt to play football.

So winning games pi$$ing with the c*ck available to you isn't important?

I don't think Butcher has us playing and I am quite rightly concerned.

If you have the secret of making silk purses from sows ears and fitting square pegs into round holes every manager in world football would be willing to hear from you.

Maybe you could share it now with us?

I have a right to my opinion even if you don't agree with it

...and I'm allowed my opinion on your opinion - which is, you're a trolly-drolly.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Thanks for your concern but I'm a pretty calm person and, most of the time, a very calm poster.

When you climb of your home made pedestal maybe you'll see that but given that you see "90 mins of long ball" when you go to games, maybe not (that's if you go to Hibs games).

If you have the secret of making silk purses from sows ears and fitting square pegs into round holes every manager in world football would be willing to hear from you.

...and I'm allowed my opinion on your opinion - which is, you're a trolly-drolly.

We are not winning games though

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 01:06 PM

What is a troll in your opinion?

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
I watched some dross in teh late 70s/early 80s when I first started following home and away. But I gues we're maybe a bit more tolerant in our youth. ;-)

To be honest taking my laddie to the games and bringing him up to support Hibs has probably kept my interest this long. He's a ST holder that misses more and more games through work now, going to ER on my own to watch dross has become less appealing this season and I really can't see me continuing to do so next season as it looks likely a ST will not be worthwhile for him.

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 01:07 PM

You have to remember that Hibs never stood a realistic chance of winning on Saturday.

They had to play against 11 opponents for the entire 90 minutes.

Onion
10-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Good for you. The club's going to need as many of you as possible over the coming weeks & months. However,. you're being a tad disingenuous to those that don't share your golden vision of the future or have your level of resilience after 6 long years of torture.

Kato
10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
What is a troll in your opinion?

You've written quite a few times that Butcher "brand", "style" whatever, is 90 mins long ball. Some people have written pointing out that this isn't true and given instances which shows your talking nonsense.

See when you ignore these replies?

That's a "brand", "style" whatever, of trolling.

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Is that possibly because we're above your team in the league?

Just a thought

Your a bright one Sherlock.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 01:16 PM
You've written quite a few times that Butcher "brand", "style" whatever, is 90 mins long ball. Some people have written pointing out that this isn't true and given instances which shows your talking nonsense.

See when you ignore these replies?

That's a "brand", "style" whatever, of trolling.

I don't ignore the replies. I don't agree that there is any attempt to play football. It is long ball guff to be perfectly honest and we are losing games in the process. It is annoying watching Nelson continuously bypass the midfield with his toe punts. The goals we have scored, albeit apart from the Kilmarnock game have been from high balls. That style of play is not entertaining and can only take you so far.

Allant1981
10-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Haha mate if I was bothered about a team that would win more often than not I would never have chosen Hibs in the first place! You don't need to tell me what a supporter is.

Clearly i do seein as you are considering not going anymore as we arent playing well

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Your a bright one Sherlock.

Thanks! I do try my best.

As I said, just a thought.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Clearly i do seein as you are considering not going anymore as we arent playing well

You have no idea!

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks! I do try my best.

As I said, just a thought.

And your thought that makes you throw that accusation towards me was ??

I'm curious ??

Brightside
10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't ignore the replies. I don't agree that there is any attempt to play football. It is long ball guff to be perfectly honest and we are losing games in the process. It is annoying watching Nelson continuously bypass the midfield with his toe punts. The goals we have scored, albeit apart from the Kilmarnock game have been from high balls. That style of play is not entertaining and can only take you so far.

You said we were poor in our last 4 games. Thats bollix. and yes Nelson has a very bad habit of hitting it to row Z'd. But plenty on here scream out for that kind of "no nonsense" defender. There are loads of areas for improvement at Hibs, but to constantly just say everything is **** is pointless. There are a couple in West Lower who must be a husband and wife double act. i really have no idea why they go to games as they seem to be close to heart attacks at every game. Butcher will need time to get rid of the bad habits and attitudes that are in the club at the moment. But he is the man for the job.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Well said OP:agree:

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 01:36 PM
You said we were poor in our last 4 games. Thats bollix. and yes Nelson has a very bad habit of hitting it to row Z'd. But plenty on here scream out for that kind of "no nonsense" defender. There are loads of areas for improvement at Hibs, but to constantly just say everything is **** is pointless. There are a couple in West Lower who must be a husband and wife double act. i really have no idea why they go to games as they seem to be close to heart attacks at every game. Butcher will need time to get rid of the bad habits and attitudes that are in the club at the moment. But he is the man for the job.

Your right we haven't been poor out last four games. We've been utterly hopeless. Butcher could have easily instructed his players to use the midfield on Saturday but he didn't. He prefers the hoof and it didn't work

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Your right we haven't been poor out last four games. We've been utterly hopeless. Butcher could have easily instructed his players to use the midfield on Saturday but he didn't. He prefers the hoof and it didn't work

So those players that passed the ball to Whatmore and, latterly, Zoubir must have been ignoring his orders?

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
And your thought that makes you throw that accusation towards me was ??

I'm curious ??

This post:

and this one

Just has that kinda the feel to it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Clueless.

Onceinawhile
10-02-2014, 01:41 PM
So it's not his team so therefore he can't be blamed. But he left 66 percent of his signings on the bench, presumably because they aren't as good as what he has?

Kato
10-02-2014, 01:43 PM

Two questions.
Do you understand the old football adage that "once the players cross that white line there is very little a manager can do"?

Have you ever played one of those PC Football Manager games and been of the opinion that it relates to real life?

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 01:44 PM
This post:

and this one

I doubt you're wrong.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Clueless.

Haha. You are obviously enjoying watching Hibs at the moment and I'm not going to take that away from you. At least someone is

Brightside
10-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Right thats me done. You simply dont watch the game and dont understand it. I'd be better chatting tactics with my young daughter who has much better grasp of the game than you.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Haha. You are obviously enjoying watching Hibs at the moment and I'm not going to take that away from you. At least someone is

Erm, no, not particularly, where did you get that idea?

I said a few weeks ago that I thought you're a jambo WUM. I'm still leaning towards this although I can't discount the possibility that you are simply the least insightful spectator of a football match I've ever come across.

Oh, and you never did answer my question about how the Rooney "transfer" earlier. Tends to happen when a poster has been shown to be spouting keech, I find.

Kato
10-02-2014, 02:01 PM

Troll

Kato
10-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Right thats me done. You simply dont watch the game and dont understand it. I'd be better chatting tactics with my young daughter who has much better grasp of the game than you.

He thinks that every kick a player takes is done under instruction from the manager.

Alicia Silverstone has more of a clue.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Ignore my comments. Champagne stuff it was on Saturday. Sorry

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 02:13 PM
To be fair, I agree with some points that you try to make as I try to look into what you are saying. However you do come across poorly in the structure of your posts and the aggressive and dismissive nature of them. I can see where others get the impression they do of you. You don't need to listen or take advice from me but if you want your post to be taken seriously I would have a wee think about it. As I say you have made some valid and interesting points in the past but it will get to the stage where people will just ignore you and you won't get your point over.

GreenLake
10-02-2014, 02:19 PM
It would be useful to identify who was bitterly critical of Fenlon out of those who are critical of Butcher. Butcher is a hate figure for some and nothing he does will please them. Fenlon may have some people bitter at his departure for their own personal reasons. It's hard to tell who is interested in making criticism purely as a Hibs fan and who are grinding other axes.

eggbamyasi
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM

well said . I agree totally with every word and think this thread was totally needed . Been mental reaction last few days .

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Facetious/Sarcastic comments like that are what's gotten you labelled as a troll.

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
This post:

and this one

A bit unfair because of 2 posts out of 100 odd. I may be wrong but I think the guy is just giving his opinion and it's his feeling as a Hibs supporter. Just because we don't agree with peoples opinion doesn't make them a jambo and it grinds on me when people do it and it happens too often on here

mmmmhibby
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM

your entitled to your opinion sir, freedom of speech etc etc!!! wouldn't take you long to get bitten on this for having an different opinion from a select few.

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Bye

Kato
10-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Ignore my comments.

No. It's fun pointing out how wrong you are.

Champagne stuff it was on Saturday. Sorry

Do you see everything in such polarised terms?

eggbamyasi
10-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Nonsense.

what if butcher didnt want him on permanent deal ? What if butcher doesnt think he was good enough to fit into his full plan he has ? What if he only wanted him on loan and didnt want a gamble of full time deal till he seen him over few months?
All sound totally responsable too me . Sound like butcher has his head screwed on . Just say in next season rooney isnt performing hes not got the most amazing record in the world . He was freed by his previous club ....... would then look like tb made right choice not panic buying . I totally trust tb .mm and marsellas judgement due to there signing record in last few years .

Just dont get the annoyance over not getting rooney . Hes not that amazing and time will tell . If he scores 20/25 goals next season I will eat my words but juat cant see it .

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 02:45 PM
No. It's fun pointing out how wrong you are.

Do you see everything in such polarised terms?

We were beaten by Aberdeen. And deservedly so. Shocking performance.
The other 3 games we have conceded 10 goals at home. If anyone thinks team played well in those games they need their head checked. I'm not making any of this up. It's unacceptable

Kato
10-02-2014, 02:47 PM
From....

I don't ignore the replies.

..to...

So those players that passed the ball to Whatmore and, latterly, Zoubir must have been ignoring his orders?

Don't expect a reply CWG, he doesn't operate in grey areas.

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 02:53 PM
We were beaten by Aberdeen. And deservedly so. Shocking performance.
The other 3 games we have conceded 10 goals at home. If anyone thinks team played well in those games they need their head checked. I'm not making any of this up. It's unacceptable
Oh well, at least I tried

number 27
10-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh well, at least I tried

Sorry if i am missing something but what is wrong with the post you quoted? It seems absolutely accurate to me.:confused:

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2014, 03:02 PM

couldnt have worded it better myself, 10/10

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Not saying you are wrong in any way. I just think most of us are struggling to see the light at the end of this extremely long tunnel. The next 3 months are going to be very tedious.

i have a feeling the next three months maybe ok.If my memory serves me right,when we have hee haw to play for we actually play ok !!!

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry if i am missing something but what is wrong with the post you quoted? It seems absolutely accurate to me.:confused:
Just his insistence that he is right and that anyone who doesn't agree needs electric shock treatment or has somehow flew over a cuckoos nest

happiehibbie
10-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Its me again !!

Butcher has the same players fair point !

did our last guy not get into two cup finals in a row (just saying)

I find it difficult to sit and watch RUBBISH FOOTBALL for the record i played a lot of footie ! The bit i can understand is how you critizise anyone who wants to shout there displeasure at the team. It does not make us wrong. Maybe i find it hard as I was brought up on the Tornedos !

I dont want Butcher out I hope he can give me something to cheer about for me the season is over unless we have a bottom 6 fight which might be quite good another Derby as we need the money as no derby next year.

Can i ask to stop having a go at season ticket holders as once you have lost them very seldom you will get them back Watch for Celtic having a two year season ticket deal (you heard it here first) as they are losing people due to the competetion they are up against. Not all football fans are happy but they do have an opinion.

cheers GGTTH

number 27
10-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Just his insistence that he is right and that anyone who doesn't agree needs electric shock treatment or has somehow flew over a cuckoos nest

Ok, thought there must be more to it. I probably should have read the whole thread more carefully but it's all a bit too depressing at the moment.

Saturdays Hero
10-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I doubt you're wrong.

He's wrong.

The Harp
10-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Good on you Bajillions - you've summed up my feelings about our situation a lot more eloquently than I could have.
I couldn't face coming on here on Sat night, 'cos I knew the over the top reaction of some on here would have made me even more depressed.
Like you, I'll be in my usual seat this Sat - isn't that what supporters are meant to do?!?:dunno:

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Good on you Bajillions - you've summed up my feelings about our situation a lot more eloquently than I could have.
I couldn't face coming on here on Sat night, 'cos I knew the over the top reaction of some on here would have made me even more depressed.
Like you, I'll be in my usual seat this Sat - isn't that what supporters are meant to do?!?:dunno:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you're a happy clapper and you must be happy to go along with these performances.

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you're a happy clapper and you must be happy to go along with these performances.
Stop it. :wink:

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Stop it. :wink:

:greengrin

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Its me again !!

Butcher has the same players fair point !

did our last guy not get into two cup finals in a row (just saying)

I find it difficult to sit and watch RUBBISH FOOTBALL for the record i played a lot of footie ! The bit i can understand is how you critizise anyone who wants to shout there displeasure at the team. It does not make us wrong. Maybe i find it hard as I was brought up on the Tornedos !

I dont want Butcher out I hope he can give me something to cheer about for me the season is over unless we have a bottom 6 fight which might be quite good another Derby as we need the money as no derby next year.

Can i ask to stop having a go at season ticket holders as once you have lost them very seldom you will get them back Watch for Celtic having a two year season ticket deal (you heard it here first) as they are losing people due to the competetion they are up against. Not all football fans are happy but they do have an opinion.

cheers GGTTH

I love how my posts get read to suit folks agenda.

Here goes, first off having an opinion doesn't mean I think your wrong. Think what ever you like. I also hate watching us get beat. I strongly disagree with people who think we haven't improved as I think it's clear to everyone who's watching that we're getting more crosses into the box and shots at goal. If you don't agree that's fine. But I do think there has been a massive over reaction since sat.

The 2 year deal that you mentioned would be a good idea, as like you say once a person loses interest it's difficult to get back. I just find to many on here turning their back before Butcher has had his own team to work with.

Is there any of this you don't agree with? Like I say I'm pissed off myself I just don't see the need to hit the panic button and turn on my team.

Cameron1875
10-02-2014, 03:52 PM

Nope.

Ronniekirk
10-02-2014, 03:58 PM
RENEW, RENEW, RENEW :D

I do understand how pissed off folk are. It's not Butchers fault that we have brought in really poor managers of past. That's why I want to give him a chance because I seen what he done at ICT and would love for him to do it here.

Count me in on this Wasn't at game and was away for the weekend so not as worked up as some on this thread What does piss me off is reading in the paper that a team in the league below us and mid table ,who hand scored for five games and who lost their two main central defenders during course of game came to Easter Road believing they could turn us over and did just that. It Hurts that this is where we have got to ,Butcher seemed to have got the back four tightened up but it doesn't take a lot for confidence to disappear from some of our players when things go against us .I noted butcher reprieved only Stanton and whatmore but basically said every other place is up for grabs next week . Think he partly knew this and decided to give himself the summer to clear out the deadwood and start from scratch depending on who else responds over coming weeks as if they don't the Ross county and Killie games will find us under a different pressure .
I understand folks anger but lost revenue is something we can't afford so season ticket sales are crucial to help the rebuilding of the squad .over the summer We really need to get behind T B He knew what he was getting himself into so think we now have to accept we won't see the big improvement till next season My only slight worry is that it becomes harder for us to attract the right players as we are seen as a club stuck in a rut ,That's where TB will need to use persuasive powers and sell the vision that we can do what Aberdeen have done this season with right manager and right signings ..

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Count me in on this Wasn't at game and was away for the weekend so not as worked up as some on this thread What does piss me off is reading in the paper that a team in the league below us and mid table ,who hand scored for five games and who lost their two main central defenders during course of game came to Easter Road believing they could turn us over and did just that. It Hurts that this is where we have got to ,Butcher seemed to have got the back four tightened up but it doesn't take a lot for confidence to disappear from some of our players when things go against us .I noted butcher reprieved only Stanton and whatmore but basically said every other place is up for grabs next week . Think he partly knew this and decided to give himself the summer to clear out the deadwood and start from scratch depending on who else responds over coming weeks as if they don't the Ross county and Killie games will find us under a different pressure .
I understand folks anger but lost revenue is something we can't afford so season ticket sales are crucial to help the rebuilding of the squad .over the summer We really need to get behind T B He knew what he was getting himself into so think we now have to accept we won't see the big improvement till next season My only slight worry is that it becomes harder for us to attract the right players as we are seen as a club stuck in a rut ,That's where TB will need to use persuasive powers and sell the vision that we can do what Aberdeen have done this season with right manager and right signings ..

Good post, it will be very hard for us to attract players if we do turn our backs. Totally understand why folk are fed up but is that Butchers fault? If he builds a team then like I say I'm sure we'll see a very good side on the park. If folk feel it's just not worth the money and want to spend it elsewhere then they can't moan about the product on the park. It's a catch 22 really. We need the fans but looks like a few already have sacked it. I hope they change their mind come next season and we're a talking about the good football rather than having a go at each other.

jeffers
10-02-2014, 04:07 PM
I love how my posts get read to suit folks agenda.

Here goes, first off having an opinion doesn't mean I think your wrong. Think what ever you like. I also hate watching us get beat. I strongly disagree with people who think we haven't improved as I think it's clear to everyone who's watching that we're getting more crosses into the box and shots at goal. If you don't agree that's fine. But I do think there has been a massive over reaction since sat.

The 2 year deal that you mentioned would be a good idea, as like you say once a person loses interest it's difficult to get back. I just find to many on here turning their back before Butcher has had his own team to work with.

Is there any of this you don't agree with? Like I say I'm pissed off myself I just don't see the need to hit the panic button and turn on my team.

Not having a go at you TC23 (although it's your post I'm quoting) but while I agree we probably have improved under TB in terms of play/performance it is only slightly and in terms of results I'm not sure I can even say that.

I keep reading he can't really improve things until he gets his own players in, but how many realistically do you think he will be able to move on/bring in ? Out of Saturday's team I count only Williams and Taiwo as being out of contract in the summer, the former only a few weeks ago was one a number of fans were saying we had to get signed up. I'm not including Watmore, but if Saturday is anything to go by he'd be someone I'd love to see stay longer at ER.

I'm not turning my back on Butcher, far from it but, so far I'm not as convinced as a number on here some to be about him. Regardless of his players or Fenlon's imo he had the players at his disposal on Saturday to mean we shouldn't have lost at home to a team in the league below us, losing three goals in the process. Again imo, he blundered badly on Saturday, I expected better from such an experienced manager.

Stantons Angel
10-02-2014, 04:19 PM

You certainly arent and im glad you wrote this post.

Im so fed up with idiots like this guy he cant possibly be serious about the things he has come up with in answer to being challenged on his views.

If he is he should really take up gardening and sit and watch the grass grow. that way he wouldnt have to bother with football just wait until the wind blows on his grass and complain that it didnt stay still like it was supposed too.

Im really glad he doesnt sit next to me at games or he would be wearing his pie and bovril every week. !!!

Thank God some of our punters can make an intelligent conversation and not the same old drivel!!!

judas
10-02-2014, 04:21 PM

With you all the way

mmmmhibby
10-02-2014, 04:24 PM
You certainly arent and im glad you wrote this post.

Im so fed up with idiots like this guy he cant possibly be serious about the things he has come up with in answer to being challenged on his views.

If he is he should really take up gardening and sit and watch the grass grow. that way he wouldnt have to bother with football just wait until the wind blows on his grass and complain that it didnt stay still like it was supposed too.

Im really glad he doesnt sit next to me at games or he would be wearing his pie and bovril every week. !!!

Thank God some of our punters can make an intelligent conversation and not the same old drivel!!!

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Not having a go at you TC23 (although it's your post I'm quoting) but while I agree we probably have improved under TB in terms of play/performance it is only slightly and in terms of results I'm not sure I can even say that.

I keep reading he can't really improve things until he gets his own players in, but how many realistically do you think he will be able to move on/bring in ? Out of Saturday's team I count only Williams and Taiwo as being out of contract in the summer, the former only a few weeks ago was one a number of fans were saying we had to get signed up. I'm not including Watmore, but if Saturday is anything to go by he'd be someone I'd love to see stay longer at ER.

I'm not turning my back on Butcher, far from it but, so far I'm not as convinced as a number on here some to be about him. Regardless of his players or Fenlon's imo he had the players at his disposal on Saturday to mean we shouldn't have lost at home to a team in the league below us, losing three goals in the process. Again imo, he blundered badly on Saturday, I expected better from such an experienced manager.
The highlighted point is the bit that worries me. Say we bring in 4 players in the summer the nucleus of the team will still be players who are here already. I have said on another thread that I can't see two of the three loan signings being with us next season (Watmore and Boetang). My main worry is that when one or two of his signing are unavailable or lose form how does Butcher get the best out of the players he brings in when he doesn't seem to be doing it just now. I think that this is going to be a longer term problem than the solution being found in the next transfer window

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 04:50 PM

This is a very good and valid post. It's how I feel about sat mate. I wasn't happy at all and still really annoyed. We should have won that game and while I prob have more faith in Butcher than some others I hope he gets things right or you guys who are maybe undecided will be right.

Not sure how many signings we'll get, I think about 8 though! Maybe 2 of them loans. There will be a few going thankfully so fingers crossed we get back on track and start playing football that's good to watch while also getting results.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2014, 04:58 PM
The older I get I still remain hopeful where Hibs are concerned but find myself being more cautious with the optimism. Experience has taught me that optimism is a cruel master in all things Hibs.

jeffers
10-02-2014, 04:59 PM
This is a very good and valid post. It's how I feel about sat mate. I wasn't happy at all and still really annoyed. We should have won that game and while I prob have more faith in Butcher than some others I hope he gets things right or you guys who are maybe undecided will be right.

Not sure how many signings we'll get, I think about 8 though! Maybe 2 of them loans. There will be a few going thankfully so fingers crossed we get back on track and start playing football that's good to watch while also getting results.

Cheers TC23. The bit in bold, me too. If we'd won on Saturday it would have made such a difference to the rest of the season, as it is we will lose out on money from a cup run and probably from walk up fans for the remaining league games.

I will be renewing next season regardless (although not really for footballing reasons !) If we can get up to 8 players in this summer and of the quality of Watmore then I would definitely share your optimism.

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Cheers TC23. The bit in bold, me too. If we'd won on Saturday it would have made such a difference to the rest of the season, as it is we will lose out on money from a cup run and probably from walk up fans for the remaining league games.

I will be renewing next season regardless (although not really for footballing reasons !) If we can get up to 8 players in this summer and of the quality of Watmore then I would definitely share your optimism.

The money and fans from a cup run was exactly what was needed and we fell short again. Worse is its a tie that was there to be won. Butcher has a huge task in rebuilding us just be nice to have the fans behind him but if they are staying away then nothing can be done. Some have had enough by the look of it.

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Two questions.
Do you understand the old football adage that "once the players cross that white line there is very little a manager can do"?

Have you ever played one of those PC Football Manager games and been of the opinion that it relates to real life?

You are totally absolving Butcher of blame by saying that. Raith got their tactics right on the day and are deservedly into the next round. However, this is a poor championship team that we should have taken the game to. Raith won the midfield battle. I cannot remember Hibs stringing any passes together across the midfield. All I saw was desperate balls to Watmore, who admittedly beat his man, but then ran into dead ends as he ran out of options. Look at the size of the forward line. Harris, Stanton, Watmore and hen you've got Collins who can't win a header. You've got to feed these guys with balls into feet. Did things change at half time? No. The shape of the team was wrong IMO and that's where Butcher got it wrong.

Mon Dieu4
10-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I will be renewing my season ticket as i have nothing better to do on a Saturday, Im an optimistic person and think Butcher given time will turn it round, on the other hand i can totally see why others won't, there is only so many let downs and kick to the baws you can handle before somethings got to give

Also don't like people who think there are two options in regards to spending money, as soon as you mention it people jump out and say would you rather be like Hearts, I've not heard one person advocating spending millions or getting into ridiculous amounts of debt

not saying we would have got him but Sparky for £1m is a total bargain, take a risk on someone like him and the higher league position, getting further in the cups and getting more bums on seats would help pay for it

id like to see us make a calculated gamble on someone like him at somepoint, show a bit imagination

Ozyhibby
10-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I'll start by saying that I think Butcher is the right man for the job. I think he will get it right soon enough.
However, he has had a poor start.
The decision to freeze out Kevin Thomson has backfired big time. Never in his whole career has Thomson ever turned in a performance as inept as Liam Craig and Tom Taiwo did on Saturday. If Thomson doesn't start this week then it is obvious it's personal and he is not going to play again. If that's the case then he should have been replaced in January.
We are in the crazy situation of having signed loads of defensive midfielders and not playing them in favour of an attacking midfielder played out of position.
Not using Robertson on sat when he is the best of our midfielder at carrying a ball forward? Was he injured?
We more than have enough good players at the club to have won on Saturday. That we didn't is squarely down to the current manager.
Honeymoon period well and truly over.
From now until the end of the season he has to show that he can and will be turning things around and show the fans that buying a season ticket will be worth their while.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 06:15 PM
You are totally absolving Butcher of blame by saying that. Raith got their tactics right on the day and are deservedly into the next round. However, this is a poor championship team that we should have taken the game to. Raith won the midfield battle. I cannot remember Hibs stringing any passes together across the midfield. All I saw was desperate balls to Watmore, who admittedly beat his man, but then ran into dead ends as he ran out of options. Look at the size of the forward line. Harris, Stanton, Watmore and hen you've got Collins who can't win a header. You've got to feed these guys with balls into feet. Did things change at half time? No. The shape of the team was wrong IMO and that's where Butcher got it wrong.

What is your recipe then? What should we be doing about the manager and the squad?

Mikey09
10-02-2014, 06:19 PM

Personally I would prefer Terry to be in charge and do things his way, even if it means some defeats in the meantime, than other "experts" opinions. Collins has scored a few headers this season so he clearly can win headers. Yep Raith Rovers got there tactics spot on, but despite being a poor championship team as you put it they are no mugs and we have no devine right to win games against any team. This is cup football at its best.... Get over it. In fact tell me.... How would you have set the team up and why? What nuggets of wisdom would you have passed on to the team at half time that Terry obviously missed? Oh, and you still havnt replied to the post re Rooney and CWG's as well.....

EskbankHibee
10-02-2014, 06:23 PM
What is your recipe then? What should we be doing about the manager and the squad?

Thomson, Robertson for a start. Told Nelson not to hoof.

Kato
10-02-2014, 06:24 PM
You are totally absolving Butcher of blame by saying that.

No I'm - but I wouldn't expect you to take it any other way.

Raith got their tactics right on the day and are deservedly into the next round.

The did deserve to go through, although their tactics only saw them through as our back four stood back and watched.

Raith won the midfield battle.

There was no battle, they were handed the midfield on a platter

I cannot remember Hibs stringing any passes together across the midfield.

Well we know by now that you're very selective with what you see and what you remember.

All I saw was desperate balls to Watmore, who admittedly beat his man, but then ran into dad ends as he ran out of options.

Desperate balls? RR fed their wingers but fed Watmore desperate balls? Was the highlights you were watching.

Look at the size of the forward line. Harris, Stanton, Watmore and hen you've got Collins who can't win a header.

Is that the same Collins who scored two headers in the previous game?

You've got to feed these guys with balls into feet. Did things change at half time? No. The shape of the team was wrong IMO and that's where Butcher got it wrong.

The shape of your opinion is wrong, probably among other things.

Maybe it isn't fun talking to you after all. Even for a troll your not that gifted.

Thecat23
10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Maybe it's just me but Raith keeper was MOTM so the folk saying we got it so badly wrong on sat I think are wide of the mark. We lost to a team we should've beat but their keeper played a huge part in that and had any of those chances gone in we're in the next round. Cup football throws up shocks. If it didn't we would be seeing the 2 best teams in Scotland in the final every year.

Kato
10-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Maybe it's just me but Raith keeper was MOTM so the folk saying we got it so badly wrong on sat I think are wide of the mark.

C'mon man, your trying to put facts in the way of people's agendas.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM

I'm confused here. Can you repeat that with some extra words. Do you mean he should have played Thomson?

RIP Bestie
10-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I will be honest with you. Having read some of the things you have had to say it is obvious to me that you have played the game. You are right about the need to play ball to feet with the personnel we have and you are right that the tactics Butcher has been using haven't been working. Your points on the Stevenson thread are also valid in that if we are to improve Lewis should not be a first pick in my opinion. But for me these are part of the big picture that other posters are maybe trying to get through to you. Butcher doesn't have the players to play the system he wants to play. He is caught between what he wants to play and what he has to play. Yes there are times when we have used the long ball, yes there are times when there is no link up between defence and midfield and midfield to front, yes it seems that substitutions have been like for like at times and yes results haven't been good enough. But it all leads to one thing really, we need better players. Endof. Butchers remit is to bring them here. Whether we like it or not he will be given time to bring his own team in with his own system and tactics, why can't you just get behind him and judge him this time next year?

paul_hfc3
10-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Fantastic opening post Bajillions! Your not an ersehole you've spoke common sense and spoke for the majority

Eyrie
10-02-2014, 07:03 PM

CBA scrolling through the six pages of replies but in response to the thread title, you're not the only one.

edwards
10-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I am a big Terry Butcher fan but when I left the ground on Saturday thought WTF One up front against Raith a perfect chance to try out Haynes, for once I didn't agree with Terry's tactics and thought if Haynes had come on with Collins we would have tucked them.
I do have a lot of confidence in Butcher though and come summer feel he will bring in a few decent players.

Goalkeeper possible

Right Back definately

Centre back [ Captain ] yes please

Midfield [ we need a leader in there ]

Forward [ x 2 possibly as the loans may return ] but did like the looks of Haynes comfortable on the ball.

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Thomson is injured. You'd rather Butcher played an unfit player? :confused:

edwards
10-02-2014, 07:14 PM

So when will he return anyone know

Gus Fring
10-02-2014, 07:21 PM
So when will he return anyone know

He's back in training this week.

Kato
10-02-2014, 07:26 PM

Why would that matter? Butcher should also be able to turn Nelson into a great passer of the ball as well as healing any and all known injuries. Maybe he could make Lewis an extra foot tall as well.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2014, 07:28 PM

Aye but he should be able to play with an injury surely? Can anyone remind me how well we were doing when he was fit and playing? :confused:

Callum_62
10-02-2014, 07:29 PM
He's back in training this week.

Im 95% sure he will be in and around the match day squad if/when he is fit

Probably this weekend

jeffers
10-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Aye but he should be able to play with an injury surely? Can anyone remind me how well we were doing when he was fit and playing? :confused:

Can we give him a chance in a team that is set out to actually win a game not avoid defeat ? A team that has a bit of movement ahead of him ?

CapitalHibs
10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Been a Hibs supporter for over 50 years and my reaction to Saturday's defeat doesn't get any easier and it's dissapointment once again. I really think now that Butcher is the right man for the job and given the chance will build a very good team. This of course will result in the other side of the coin. Our players and Management team will be head-hunted by teams who will offer much, much more than we can.

Jock Stein had us in the position of almost certainly winning the League and Cup double with a team that could take anybody on, including Real Madrid. Of course, as we know, celtc came in for Stein, and that same great team turned to jello and blew their chance. It's been much the same story for the "better Hibs teams" ever since.

I think Watmore will be an outstanding player for us, but there's no chance he'll be at Hibs next season... I just hope that Terry is in for the long run.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Can we give him a chance in a team that is set out to actually win a game not avoid defeat ? A team that has a bit of movement ahead of him ?

I don't see why not, that will be up to the manager to decide, and as usual he will decide that on what he watches during the week at training.

jacomo
10-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Been a Hibs supporter for over 50 years and my reaction to Saturday's defeat doesn't get any easier and it's dissapointment once again. I really think now that Butcher is the right man for the job and given the chance will build a very good team. This of course will result in the other side of the coin. Our players and Management team will be head-hunted by teams who will offer much, much more than we can.

Jock Stein had us in the position of almost certainly winning the League and Cup double with a team that could take anybody on, including Real Madrid. Of course, as we know, celtc came in for Stein, and that same great team turned to jello and blew their chance. It's been much the same story for the "better Hibs teams" ever since.

I think Watmore will be an outstanding player for us, but there's no chance he'll be at Hibs next season... I just hope that Terry is in for the long run.

I think he is. Either he'll run to the hills before the end of the month, or he'll accept the challenge and turn this supertanker around.

Eyrie
10-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I think he is. Either he'll run to the hills before the end of the month, or he'll accept the challenge and turn this supertanker around.

Butcher's time here won't be wasted years once he applies his be quick or be dead tactics. We're standing at the gates of tomorrow with a different world ahead of us full of infinite dreams where our strikers will be aces high, our midfield running free and our goalkeeper and defence have been told to "die with your boots on".