PDA

View Full Version : When Hibs announce New Season Ticket Package

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 10:55 AM
It will have to be one hell of a good deal pricewise for me to even consider renewing for next season.

The time for us being one of the highest priced ST's and still producing utter garbage on the pitch has to stop.

Bring it on Hibs it had better be good!!!!

Gatecrasher
10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
It will be interesting considering there will be no cup final this year, They went down £25 last year though.

Glory Lurker
10-02-2014, 11:06 AM
I feel for Rod and the gang on this one. Presumably they don't budget on cup runs, so will be expecting a drop in income next season thanks to losing two derbies. If they drop ST prices they're immediately making the situation more difficult, but if they don't there's every chance that there'll be a drop in sales. And then we've got to work out how to fund new signings over the summer.

Blinking flip, I was just starting to get over Saturday's debacle before I thought about this.....

Cabbage East
10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Based on watching Hibs the last 5 seasons I would say an adult season ticket in the east should be about £40.

lord bunberry
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM
It will have to be one hell of a good deal pricewise for me to even consider renewing for next season.

The time for us being one of the highest priced ST's and still producing utter garbage on the pitch has to stop.

Bring it on Hibs it had better be good!!!!
I will be shocked if there's any sort of reduction on price compared to last year, there may be something like a free cup top up or a free replica shirt. There's very little room for manoeuvre on price, it will be the same campaign as always, "the club needs you to fund the managers signings" I expect a large drop in st numbers next season, it just isn't value for money, I will renew as always but I don't blame others for giving it a miss.

Keith_M
10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Can't really blame people for not renewing, given the dross they've had to endure the last few seasons, plus our atrocious home record.

The only direction I see the ST numbers going is down, which is going to affect TBs budget. TBH, I don't see an easy way out of this.

Onion
10-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I feel for Rod and the gang on this one. Presumably they don't budget on cup runs, so will be expecting a drop in income next season thanks to losing two derbies. If they drop ST prices they're immediately making the situation more difficult, but if they don't there's every chance that there'll be a drop in sales. And then we've got to work out how to fund new signings over the summer.

Blinking flip, I was just starting to get over Saturday's debacle before I thought about this.....

:agree: Leigh Griffiths and the two Cup Finals saved the day for Hibs (cup revenue & STs) and all that revenue has been wasted. Reality of Petrie's poor leadership has finally caught up with him and we can expect to see STs, crowds and revenue collapse. IMHO even a hard cut in prices will not be enough for many. The only upside is this might shake out some of the worst boo boys at Easter road so, paradoxically, the atmosphere might improve.

green&left
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Since it was opened (i.e. excluding Maribor):

Played: 80
Won: 22
Drawn: 26
Lost: 31
Goals for: 91
Goals against: 113

After reading Rawr.rars stats on another thread about how many games we have won since the new East was built (Absulute *** embarrassment!) the marketing campaign are going to have to whip up summit special to convince fans to cough up £400 for a season ticket again after yet another season of absulute dross. Especially when you take into considering we'll also be losing the value of potentially two home Edinburgh Derby's.

8000 season ticket this year I think? Doing well if get 7000 next. Had 2 spares for the Celtic game a few weeks back and couldn't give them away!

Incidentally I see Aberdeen - Celtic coming up is £23 for RDS, £23 for South Stand (for Home & Away fans) and £18 for Merkland Family End. Compare that to the £29 we charge for Hibs - Celtic we really are robbing barstewards.

I'll renew again regrdless but they'll need to add some incentive, free shop voucher, half price shirt, free pie and pint behind the goals - anything!

zlatan
10-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Gave mine up in 2008 but in for one this time around if Hearts go down. I've been a rubbish attendee for years now but with no Hearts or Rangers next season I feel we're going to need every penny. Can't really blame those masochists that have persevered all those years I've hidden chucking it though.

Keith_M
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Another thought about ST numbers for next season is that the last two year's figures have been artificially inflated by the incentives for Cup Final Tickets. I think next season will see us at our lowest ST figures in a long time, possibly less than 7,000.

When you consider as well that the absolute maximum number of Category A games we can have is two (if we finish in the top six for the first time in ages) then I can't see how there's actually any value in paying 400 quid. It would probably be cheaper to PATG for every game.

AL-Qaholik
10-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I can honestly see ST sales dropping below 6,000 next season.

Can't imagine many of those who bought STs for this season to ensure they got a cup final ticket thinking they've had value for money and renewing.

Add to that the fact there will be no derbies and we have a stadium which we can't fill so there are always walk-up tickets available.

5,000 ST sales worth of money is still a darn sight more than Butcher had to work with at Caley though so fingers crossed a raft of good signings and a decent start to next season will see folk starting to trickle (or dare I even say "flood") back...

Mikey
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
I'll buy a season ticket because I want the manager to have as big a transfer fund as possible.

green&left
10-02-2014, 12:11 PM
I'll buy a season ticket because I want the manager to have as big a transfer fund as possible.

Worked wonders for our last few managers :greengrin

Would be interesting to see the comparison in turnover between Hibs & Aberdeen and how much comes from tickets. Slightly cheaper than us, similar sized crowds/fanbase (excluding this season of-course) and they don't have a Derby match (or two depending on top/bottom split) that will boost the coffers somewhat...

Cropley10
10-02-2014, 12:27 PM

I will be renewing my three for the same reason.

hibseleven
10-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I got a Half Season ticket in December. First time ever as i've spent the last 17 seasons coaching footie. As long as the guys I go with get a ST for next year then I will get one too. The football is hard to watch at times but I enjoy the banter with the guys round about us.

SaulGoodman
10-02-2014, 12:30 PM
I'll be renewing because I want to support the team that I've supported my whole life.

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2014, 12:46 PM
After reading Rawr.rars stats on another thread about how many games we have won since the new East was built (Absulute *** embarrassment!) the marketing campaign are going to have to whip up summit special to convince fans to cough up £400 for a season ticket again after yet another season of absulute dross. Especially when you take into considering we'll also be losing the value of potentially two home Edinburgh Derby's.

8000 season ticket this year I think? Doing well if get 7000 next. Had 2 spares for the Celtic game a few weeks back and couldn't give them away!

Incidentally I see Aberdeen - Celtic coming up is £23 for RDS, £23 for South Stand (for Home & Away fans) and £18 for Merkland Family End. Compare that to the £29 we charge for Hibs - Celtic we really are robbing barstewards.

I'll renew again regrdless but they'll need to add some incentive, free shop voucher, half price shirt, free pie and pint behind the goals - anything!

proof(if even needed) that the product on the park is absolutely dire, then of course if anyone at the game feels peckish they will then be asked to fork out extortionate prices for food/drink whatever when we can get better quality food for over 50% less at a greggs/bakers, but at least we also get the opportunity to miss 10/15 mins of the game whilst queuing(which is actually a blessing i guess)

degenerated
10-02-2014, 12:52 PM

I'll buy one cause it entitles me to boo every misplaced pass and poor performance from one of our players. :agree:

EH54
10-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I'll be renewing because im stupid and can't come to not going to watch pish every saturday.

theonlywayisup
10-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I have had a ST for many years now and have always felt that Hibs should offer an incentive to those like myself. Don't know what, but something like 25% off a ST for the 7th year, 50% off a ST for the 14th year. Or maybe, buy an additional ST for a family member for £70, so that a new member could get the benefit of watching Hibs. My wife and daughter would love to come and watch the football, but at the cost of an adult ticket, there is no way we could afford another £400 plus. I already spend circa £1,000 watching Hibs for me and my boys.

Just_Jimmy
10-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I won't renew. It's not value at all, it brutal to watch, the stadium is soul-less, I'm fed up with the absolute venim and abuse that rains down on hibs players the minute something goes wrong and right now I hate going to the football. I only go because I've paid already and despite all this I still care.

I travel from Fife to watch Hibs, not the end of the earth sure, but I leave around 11am get home around 6-7pm depending on traffic, so I basically write off a whole day to do something that feels like a chore.

Throw in that this season now will just be a slog to get it finished, and next will have no derbies, i'm not paying £400 for it. If it gets better I'll go along again. I've backed the club time and again when they have failed to deliver. Time for them to give me a reason, until then I'll be keeping my cash.

Keith_M
10-02-2014, 01:48 PM

That is commendable, and I'm sure you're not the only one that thinks that way, but there are a lot of people that don't want to just keep handing Hibs money with no guarantee of a decent return on the pitch.

I've stated before that my Dad, for instance, turned down the offer of a Season Ticket for this season because he'd just had enough of turning up game after game and wondering why he bothered. I'll be working on him again for next season but it's a hard sell.

Hibby70
10-02-2014, 02:23 PM
I won't renew. It's not value at all, it brutal to watch, the stadium is soul-less, I'm fed up with the absolute venim and abuse that rains down on hibs players the minute something goes wrong and right now I hate going to the football. I only go because I've paid already and despite all this I still care.

I travel from Fife to watch Hibs, not the end of the earth sure, but I leave around 11am get home around 6-7pm depending on traffic, so I basically write off a whole day to do something that feels like a chore.

Throw in that this season now will just be a slog to get it finished, and next will have no derbies, i'm not paying £400 for it. If it gets better I'll go along again. I've backed the club time and again when they have failed to deliver. Time for them to give me a reason, until then I'll be keeping my cash.
With the exception of the Fife bit (thank god :) ) I'm in the same boat as you.

I'll get a half season if I think the players are worth it. Backed these losers too much over the years.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2014, 02:31 PM
If i have the money I will definitely renew.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
If i have the money I will definitely renew.

If you have enough can you renew mine as well please.

edinburghhibee
10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm not renewing I know that for certain. I bought a season ticket this year with top up and cost me £400+ for seat in the east and cup top up. I've used it the grand total of twice this season :( due to work and playing football myself. It was the same last season but I believed we would turn a corner and kick on this year but no we've been extremely poor. I'd prob have made more effort had I not attended the malmo game and thereafter the hearts game at tynie but like others have said I've found better things to do on a Saturday now.

Pete
10-02-2014, 03:07 PM
I think ticket numbers will definitely be down but it won't hurt us as much as you think. A lot of those who won't renew will be phantom ones in the FF lower who only wanted a cup final ticket. At £25 a go it isn't that much.

I'll be renewing because not only does it make financial sense, I actually believe something positive is happening. The football has been poor at times but its still square pegs in round holes to an extent. Only one of of Terrys signings has started a game for us and he was the best player on the park.

It all starts next season for me and it will have a better chance of working if we all buy into it. I'm in! :aok:

Pretty Boy
10-02-2014, 03:19 PM
I'll probably buy because it's just what I do.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the, for lack of a better phrase, 'emotional blackmail'.

Onion
10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I think ticket numbers will definitely be down but it won't hurt us as much as you think. A lot of those who won't renew will be phantom ones in the FF lower who only wanted a cup final ticket. At £25 a go it isn't that much.

I'll be renewing because not only does it make financial sense, I actually believe something positive is happening. The football has been poor at times but its still square pegs in round holes to an extent. Only one of of Terrys signings has started a game for us and he was the best player on the park.

It all starts next season for me and it will have a better chance of working if we all buy into it. I'm in! :aok:

Everyone will be hoping for that, but a lot will just not stump up to be fooled again. With 20000 seats, anyone who wants to go will get in so if TB starts to do good things you'll just see more walk ups. IMHO next season is going to be the most difficult Petrie has faced in a decade. The only question is..... will anyone notice ?

dangermouse
10-02-2014, 03:38 PM
proof(if even needed) that the product on the park is absolutely dire, then of course if anyone at the game feels peckish they will then be asked to fork out extortionate prices for food/drink whatever when we can get better quality food for over 50% less at a greggs/bakers, but at least we also get the opportunity to miss 10/15 mins of the game whilst queuing(which is actually a blessing i guess)

My son nipped down to the concourse at 1-1 on Saturday to buy the pies and missed two goals. He was :grr: when he came back.

Weststandwanab
10-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm not renewing I know that for certain. I bought a season ticket this year with top up and cost me £400+ for seat in the east and cup top up. I've used it the grand total of twice this season :( due to work and playing football myself. It was the same last season but I believed we would turn a corner and kick on this year but no we've been extremely poor. I'd prob have made more effort had I not attended the malmo game and thereafter the hearts game at tynie but like others have said I've found better things to do on a Saturday now. Renew and let someone less fortunate than you use it.

My son nipped down to the concourse at 1-1 on Saturday to buy the pies and missed two goals. He was :grr: when he came back. The dangers of queue jumping at E.R by leaving early !

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Based on watching Hibs the last 5 seasons I would say an adult season ticket in the east should be about £40.

hope the £40 includes cup top up!

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2014, 04:45 PM

they might offer to turn some of the seats round away from facing the pitch !!

.Sean.
10-02-2014, 08:19 PM
It's gonna take something to get me consider even using my season ticket again this season, nevermind next. No big games, no derbies and probably another season lingering in the bottom six. On top of working every third Saturday it's getting harder and harder to justify shelling out 400 quid for.

Years and years of following in blind faith and ruling my weekend by who and where Hibs are playing is starting to wear thin and I reckon there are thousands in the same boat as me. I've had a season ticket nearly 20 years but it's not looking like I'll be renewing.

eastterrace
10-02-2014, 08:24 PM
It's gonna take something to get me consider even using my season ticket again this season, nevermind next. No big games, no derbies and probably another season lingering in the bottom six. On top of working every third Saturday it's getting harder and harder to justify shelling out 400 quid for.

Years and years of following in blind faith and ruling my weekend by who and where Hibs are playing is starting to wear thin and I reckon there are thousands in the same boat as me. I've had a season ticket nearly 20 years but it's not looking like I'll be renewing.

they need to make it less than 400 as only two cat a games so all the rest would be £22 a pop so probably cheaper paying at gate unless they bring the price down, but my wife and i will renew.

SouthamptonHibs
10-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Not for me, I won't be renewing.
I'm keeping my Hibernians membership going as its important that the youngsters don't suffer but not paying my hard earned cash over to those other wage thiefs. Four years off utter dross.
No the Rangers, Poor Hearts and we have 28pts from 24 games out both cups by start of Feb = disgrace!

Over to Hibs now, let's see how the players respond. Let's hope they don't get us relegated and with a bit of luck not get beat from Hearts as we still need to play them twice.

Frank Moon
10-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Told my mate on Saturday I'm out next season. Just can't take it any more. Don't enjoy it and as someone said its a chore.

scoopyboy
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I'll probably buy because it's just what I do.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the, for lack of a better phrase, 'emotional blackmail'.

I'll renew because I always do and always will, as you say it's just what I do.

Disappointed that people aren't renewing but understand why, hopefully if Hibs get their act together then the lost season ticket holders will return, initially as PATG and hopefully then returning season ticket holders.

A drop in season tickets is the biggest wake up call to the club.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2014, 09:04 PM
I'll be honest, I'm tempted to go walk up next season, but I know I'd just end up doing it for every game, so may as well go ST

Getting off heroin must be easier!

sbell1875
10-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Regardless of where we finish this season I'll be renewing.

You don't follow Hibs because they're successful you follow them because they're in your blood and you have absolutely zero common sense!

Sammy7nil
10-02-2014, 09:06 PM
I'll renew because I always do and always will, as you say it's just what I do.

Disappointed that people aren't renewing but understand why, hopefully if Hibs get their act together then the lost season ticket holders will return, initially as PATG and hopefully then returning season ticket holders.

A drop in season tickets is the biggest wake up call to the club.

The club must be having some NAP as we recently had around 11,500 down to 8000 and no improvent looks likely anytime soon

Mikey
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
The club must be having some NAP as we recently had around 11,500 down to 8000 and no improvent looks likely anytime soon

Maybe the drop of 3500 has affected their buying power :dunno:

Sammy7nil
10-02-2014, 09:23 PM

No doubt it has, so will paying off managers and releasing poor players from contracts will have eaten in to the budget.
Lessons have not been learned the same mistakes have been made over and over again

Piqué
10-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Terry does better with a small budget anyway

Pete
10-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Everyone will be hoping for that, but a lot will just not stump up to be fooled again. With 20000 seats, anyone who wants to go will get in so if TB starts to do good things you'll just see more walk ups. IMHO next season is going to be the most difficult Petrie has faced in a decade. The only question is..... will anyone notice ?

People will notice alright. A 20,000 plus crowd a few weeks ago tells you that when we have something to shout about, we turn up. I agree that it will be harder to shift season books for next season but I haven't felt "fooled" previously. Either the wrong managers were appointed or they weren't given enough time. Mistakes on the boards part but rest assured, they want the same things as we do.

No doubt it has, so will paying off managers and releasing poor players from contracts will have eaten in to the budget.
Lessons have not been learned the same mistakes have been made over and over again

Yes, mistakes have been made but lessons not being learned?

The fact that we have forked out serious money for the best pound-for-pound SPL management team in the last few years suggests otherwise.

scoopyboy
10-02-2014, 09:49 PM

When did we have 11,500 season ticket holders?

Pete
10-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Terry does better with a small budget anyway

...and only a few fans. Less pressure.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
10-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm the kind of fan Rod dreams of. Regardless of what's on offer, I'll renew. Being a Hibby for as long as I have just makes the choice an obvious one to me

eastterrace
10-02-2014, 09:57 PM
When did we have 11,500 season ticket holders?

sure we were close to that in the mowbray days

Cabbage East
10-02-2014, 10:04 PM

It's the fans fault :agree:

Years of underperformance is the fans fault :agree:

Imagine what Motherwell and ICT could have done with an extra 1k season ticket holders, champions league winners? :rolleyes:

Mikey
10-02-2014, 10:09 PM

Imagine what Motherwell and ICT could have done with an extra 1k season ticket holders, champions league winners? :rolleyes:

Is that the best you've got? :hilarious

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2014, 10:10 PM

Finish above Hibs in the league?

Erm.........

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 10:10 PM

Hibs fans are the worst fans apparently, no other fans get on players backs like we do!

3pm
10-02-2014, 10:12 PM
I'll go back.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm the kind of fan Rod dreams of. Regardless of what's on offer, I'll renew. Being a Hibby for as long as I have just makes the choice an obvious one to me

And me.

However, considering there's only two Saturdays every five weeks that I am off at the moment and will therefore not be able to make a sizeable amount of games, a season ticket is really not a financially sound move for me.

However I will almost certainly be renewing for next season.

The quality of football on offer really isn't something I take into consideration to be honest.

I'm sure there's a word for people like me! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
And me.

However, considering there's only two Saturdays every five weeks that I am off at the moment and will therefore not be able to make a sizeable amount of games, a season ticket is really not a financially sound move for me.

However I will almost certainly be renewing for next season.

The quality of football on offer really isn't something I take into consideration to be honest.

I'm sure there's a word for people like me! :greengrin

WhatelsewouldIdoifIdontgotothematch

Sir David Gray
10-02-2014, 10:29 PM
WhatelsewouldIdoifIdontgotothematch

Pretty much.

I couldn't honestly imagine sitting at home whilst Hibs are playing at Easter Road. It's torture being at work when we're playing a game I could have been at, so sitting at home during a Hibs game, looking for updates on here or on Sky Sports News, really isn't an option for me.

I totally understand people's reasons for not going though. I have fewer personal responsibilities at the moment than many on here will have and Hibs certainly aren't making it easy for people to justify spending money on a season ticket when there's countless other things that they could be spending their money on.

Vini1875
10-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I'll be renewing and probably would even if we got relegated. Yes it's poor, yes it has been poor, but come August I expect it to get better. Why do I expect it? Not sure really but each year I do. I support Hibs through thick and thin, some might say I'm thick cos it's been so thin, but I'll be there on Saturday and I'll be there in August.

Jones28
10-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Determined to make 3 games before the end of the season. Haven't even considered an ST for the past 2 years because of how utterly ***** we've been.

Cabbage East
10-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Finish above Hibs in the league?

Erm.........

I think you've missed my point. Mikey equates number of season ticket holders to success on the pitch. ICT and Motherwell have about half our season ticket holders yet have outperformed us for the last few years.

Unbelievable :agree:

aunty joyce
10-02-2014, 10:57 PM

Me too :-))

Bishop Hibee
10-02-2014, 11:01 PM
I'll renew as usual. I'd imagine it'll be the same price for an ST as this season although nothing else in life seems to be staying the same price.

aunty joyce
10-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I'll be renewing and probably would even if we got relegated. Yes it's poor, yes it has been poor, but come August I expect it to get better. Why do I expect it? Not sure really but each year I do. I support Hibs through thick and thin, some might say I'm thick cos it's been so thin, but I'll be there on Saturday and I'll be there in August.

I wish they had a 'like' option on .net :-))

Criswell
10-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I'll renew. I'm looking for big improvements fromTB. I believe he can deliver. KEEP THE FAITH!

cocopops1875
11-02-2014, 04:04 AM
There has been a few chats in our ranks (5 of us + 1 child who sit together) over the last season or so about renewals.
As has been mentioned the cup finals have played a massive part in numbers staying up the last 2 years, that aside apathy has well and truly crept into our little group as life changes have meant we have less time/money/desire to pay £400+ a season to watch the standard of football we are being served up.
I myself have become self employed which has at the moment has massively reduced my income, my mate who sits with me is in the same boat as we work together (he also has just bought a house and is getting married this year) two others have started families in the last two years and the other now has a family of 4.
I'm part convinced we go more for the day out with mates than the football but even that's changed from pub at 12, pints, game, pub after the game more pints and home at 8 or on a good day closing time, to now meeting at a house a quick cuppa and then match and home.

All that said I will be renewing for next year, a fiver a week is not too much and most importantly I Believe we have the right man in Butcher, I believe we pushed the boat out to get him and his staff and I have faith that we will back him in the summer

NOLA
11-02-2014, 09:26 AM
with no hertz in the league next year it will be better value for money PATG, football on a saturday at 3pm would also help :wink:

Billy Whizz
11-02-2014, 09:31 AM
with no hertz in the league next year it will be better value for money PATG, football on a saturday at 3pm would also help :wink:

Probably wont make any difference. They will probably make the Aberdeen game a TV game, instead of the Hearts one!!!

Diclonius
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Last season, every team bar Celtic who finished above us had far lower average attendances than we did.

Sorry, a drop in ST sales is a **** excuse.

NOLA
12-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Probably wont make any difference. They will probably make the Aberdeen game a TV game, instead of the Hearts one!!!
true enough, and with no hertz or rangers around, the "bigger" clubs in the division are getting more tv exposure, good and bad, bad for our attendances and PR if we play sheight, good PR if we somehow spawn a win from somewhere :greengrin

hibeesjoe
12-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Ive got a good feeling about the new management team so I'm going to give it another season so long as prices stay about the same. I can totally understand why people are swithering though. I have been in the same boat as a previous poster about not even being able to give away spare tickets this season. If the product on the park is poor then people cant be bothered giving up there time and money.

Pete
12-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Last season, every team bar Celtic who finished above us had far lower average attendances than we did.

It's nothing to do with finding excuses and comparing ourselves to others. More tickets will give us a bigger budget and that is a fact.

A lot of our income has been spent on infrastructure and debt reduction. How many of these clubs finishing above us have been ignoring their debt? How many have been ignoring their infrastructure? In a few years, how many of them will have an infrastructure like ours and a manageable debt whilst having a steady income stream?

Reality will hit home soon as we are allowed to spend more on luxuries. These smaller teams will find their level in comparison as we will have persevered with the right management team, and teams like Aberdeen and the cheats will have millions of chickens coming home to roost.

Mistakes have been made but we're 100% doing things the right way. We're getting closer to it all clicking into place.

Beefster
12-02-2014, 06:56 AM
I'll be renewing regardless but I expect ST numbers to plummet given that the Scottish Cup finals have artificially inflated them for the past two seasons. There's no real incentive to buy a ST unless we have a final coming up. It loses you money if you miss more than a game and you'll never struggle for a seat at any game if you don't have an ST.

I'm sure Hibs are working on things to entice some of those adamant that they won't renew to do just that though. I just hope it's playing staff rather than vouchers for strips or free tickets for pals.

Beefster
12-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Reality will hit home soon as we are allowed to spend more on luxuries.

I've been hearing that argument for nigh on ten years. It might come true one day.

Pete
12-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I've been hearing that argument for nigh on ten years. It might come true one day.

Things have been happening in that ten year period though. It will happen...and I reckon it will be sooner than we think. :aok:

Onion
12-02-2014, 08:04 AM
After 25 years, I'm done with STs. It's PATG for me from now on and only if TB clears out the dross and gets an entertaining, winning team on the park.

Weststandwanab
12-02-2014, 08:08 AM

Sorry, a drop in ST sales is a **** excuse. That is not the whole story as it does not account for profitability and debts of other teams.

It's nothing to do with finding excuses and comparing ourselves to others. More tickets will give us a bigger budget and that is a fact.

A lot of our income has been spent on infrastructure and debt reduction. How many of these clubs finishing above us have been ignoring their debt? How many have been ignoring their infrastructure? In a few years, how many of them will have an infrastructure like ours and a manageable debt whilst having a steady income stream?

Reality will hit home soon as we are allowed to spend more on luxuries. These smaller teams will find their level in comparison as we will have persevered with the right management team, and teams like Aberdeen and the cheats will have millions of chickens coming home to roost.

Mistakes have been made but we're 100% doing things the right way. We're getting closer to it all clicking into place. Spot on. Can you replace RP ?

leggeto
12-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I'll be renewing regardless but I expect ST numbers to plummet given that the Scottish Cup finals have artificially inflated them for the past two seasons. There's no real incentive to buy a ST unless we have a final coming up. It loses you money if you miss more than a game and you'll never struggle for a seat at any game if you don't have an ST.

I'm sure Hibs are working on things to entice some of those adamant that they won't renew to do just that though. I just hope it's playing staff rather than vouchers for strips or free tickets for pals.

agree I'll be renewing my 2 st's as usual and would welcome the top voucher thing again,saved me a fortune last time

ahibby
12-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I'll renew because it gives me something to do on match days. At the same time I'll know I'm doing what I can to help the club even though I can't make it to every game. I expect good days and bad days, poor refereeing, drab performances and good performances and plenty of fresh air for my cash.

dangermouse
12-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm sure I'll talk my son round and we'll both renew. You'd be mad not to! :tbgwa:

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Mistakes have been made but we're 100% doing things the right way. We're getting closer to it all clicking into place.

Yes I often think about this as I settle into my seat at Easter Road, it's so comforting when I'm leaving after witnessing more dross on the pitch that this is actually the case.

Chump
12-02-2014, 11:55 AM

totally agree - Hibs have had the second biggest attendance this season and the third highest average attendance. Even if we drop a few thousand ST's next year we will still be comfortably the fourth highest attended football club.

the finances/ST sales should not be viewed upon as a reason for our recent failures

Chump
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Yes I often think about this as I settle into my seat at Easter Road, it's so comforting when I'm leaving after witnessing more dross on the pitch that this is actually the case.

Perhaps there is a case of Hibs doing what Arsenal have been doing for the last 10 years but on a much smaller scale? Arsenal have not won a thing for 8 or 9 years yet charge the highest price for ST's - investments have been secured, debts have been managed and they have continued to show support in their manager to build another team. They are now showing the benefits albeit they may not win the title.

Hibs have the foundations on which to build - as long as we have the right people in place with a vision for how we should be playing and they bring in the right players to play that style then I believe issues will take care of themselves i.e. ST sales. There is no magic wand for Hibs right now but fundamental building blocks are now in place to develop from

Gatecrasher
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM

Thats a very good point everything is coming together to build us stronger for the long term but we are barely managing moderate success at ER just now and thats inexcusable for a club our size in the SPFL. IMO

Fife-Hibee
12-02-2014, 12:11 PM

Spot on !

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Perhaps there is a case of Hibs doing what Arsenal have been doing for the last 10 years but on a much smaller scale? Arsenal have not won a thing for 8 or 9 years yet charge the highest price for ST's - investments have been secured, debts have been managed and they have continued to show support in their manager to build another team. They are now showing the benefits albeit they may not win the title.

Hibs have the foundations on which to build - as long as we have the right people in place with a vision for how we should be playing and they bring in the right players to play that style then I believe issues will take care of themselves i.e. ST sales. There is no magic wand for Hibs right now but fundamental building blocks are now in place to develop from

Look I can take not winning anything, christ I chose Hibs after all, the point for me is the lack of enjoyment and entertainment from going to ER. I would love to watch football like Arsenal play every week.

Purple & Green
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
I'll be renewing my ticket. It'll be a good opportunity to move too - and get back beside my friends in better seats.

Chump
12-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Look I can take not winning anything, christ I chose Hibs after all, the point for me is the lack of enjoyment and entertainment from going to ER. I would love to watch football like Arsenal play every week.

I agree with you mate - I'll be honest and say I've not been a season ticket holder for several years now as I pick and choose when I go (probably about 12 home games a season and a couple away). Fortunately it is not a money thing for me but purely an entertainment thing - but the point I was trying to make was the potential for where we are just now and it may mirror Arsenal on a very small scale. Things could turn around because the focus of attention may now not need to be debts, training facilities and stands and may now come down to the players on the pitch. We have speculated in the recent past (Stokes, Liam Miller etc) and maybe more of these types of transfers could be coming our way on a more regular basis?! Big, big summer transfer window for TB and Hibs - it'll be a tell tale for where we are at the minute and the future......I recall Yogi dark days with Cregg, McBride and Rankin in that midfield triangle and it was garbage and then we got the above two and it seemed to transform our season!!

Up The Bracket
12-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I'll be renewing, it's just what I do, if I'm not at a game then I'm sat in my house checking the score, I've missed 3 games this season all due to other commitments and I've just been sitting checking this score.

Granted, my ticket will be cheaper at student prices, but as has been said before, it's what I've always done and what I'll always do, through thick and thin.

Spike Mandela
12-02-2014, 02:15 PM
A season ticket hasn't been value for money for me in years. I work 2 Saturdays out of 5 and you can bet your bottom dollar on the 3 Saturdays I have off the fixtures aren't usually kind to me. I have seen me go nearly 2 months before being able to catch a game sometimes.

I still persist as I like the seat I have about 8 rows behind the dugouts sitting beside my mates who all manage pretty much every Saturday.

The other thought I have is if I give it up I won't be back. I have seen many friends give up their season and then they just drift away from it, perhaps turning up for the occasional derby or a rare European game. I don't want this to happen but know it is likely if I give the season ticket up.

As for on the park if it was down to quality I wouldn't have been a season ticket holder since about 2008. Prior to the New Year derby i can't remember the last time I left a game thinking "Wow what a match". If it wasn't for pre match drinky poos it wouldn't be worth it at all. This season has possibly been the ****tiest season of all. Humiliated in Europe, beaten twice by the poorest Hearts team ever, no midfield creativity, no prolific striker and no cup run. So bad at itimes all you can actually do is laugh.

As ever though little green shoots of recovery to cling to. New manager, introduction of Stanton, Harris, Forster, Handling, Cummings and Watmore not to mention the eternal hope of "maybe next year..."

So, what to do when the season ticket shiny marketing bull**** drops through the letterbox?????...........guess it will be signed by return of post as usual.:rolleyes:

Glory Lurker
12-02-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm part convinced we go more for the day out with mates than the football but even that's changed from pub at 12, pints, game, pub after the game more pints and home at 8 or on a good day closing time, to now meeting at a house a quick cuppa and then match and home.

:agree: My match-day routine used to be pretty much that, too - growing up totally sucks!!! :boo hoo:

I will be renewing next season, but have absolutely no idea why.

iwasthere1972
12-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Depends what happens between now and the end of the season. A string of good results and good performances and I might be in.

Wonder if the print at home tickets with no booking fee will have any affect on season ticket sales. After all it's simple to use and there's no need to queue at the ticket office on match day. Just a thought.

Col2
12-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I will probably do what others might. I will renew if interest free option and probably go to say 10 games tops only when not impacting home life. Celtic, united and aberdeen games.

semaj64
12-02-2014, 08:44 PM
I will be renewing mine and daughters, if I have to suffer then so does she

matty_f
12-02-2014, 09:05 PM
I'll renew, it's a great excuse to get some time with my son and my dad, and it helps the club I love.

eastterrace
12-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I'll renew, it's a great excuse to get some time with my son and my dad, and it helps the club I love.

well done just wish we had 8000 like you but im afraid it will probably drop to about 6000 but if they get better results then the walk ups will help.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-02-2014, 09:41 PM

We're gonna have to get very creative with our sales pitch next season

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2014, 11:41 PM
I will renew .... always live in hope and all that. But the truth is that theres no chance that Hibs will match this seasons total and every chance it will be at least 1000 down. I would put money on it.

Onion
13-02-2014, 08:54 AM
I will renew .... always live in hope and all that. But the truth is that theres no chance that Hibs will match this seasons total and every chance it will be at least 1000 down. I would put money on it.

:agree: Petrie & Hibs will make a huge deal about fans renewing STs (as always) but where is the evidence in the last 6 years that the bigger playing budget translates to better players/performance on he park ? There is none. The only player we've had worth paying money to watch in the last 3 years was LG, and he wasn't even ours.

Hibs have failed to get any competitive advantage from the excess ST holders so IMHO a lost of 1000-2000 next season will make no difference.

Ronniekirk
13-02-2014, 09:04 AM
:agree: Petrie & Hibs will make a huge deal about fans renewing STs (as always) but where is the evidence in the last 6 years that the bigger playing budget translates to better players/performance on he park ? There is none. The only player we've had worth paying money to watch in the last 3 years was LG, and he wasn't even ours.

Hibs have failed to get any competitive advantage from the excess ST holders so IMHO a lost of 1000-2000 next season will make no difference.

We need to reverse this logic and believe that the new management team will bring in the right players the way they did at Inverness .The more season ticket holders the better quality of player they may be able to attract .ironically this would be worst possible time for season ticket sales to drop.I am a walk up but am going to get S T this year because of above and I won't be able to go to all the games I will also be giving money to Leith links for a season ticket so some youngster can get to games next season to be part of the the new exciting set up .Now is not the time to be. Throwing in the Towel we need to Persevere one more time .:flag:

Geo_1875
13-02-2014, 12:50 PM
:Hibs have failed to get any competitive advantage from the excess ST holders so IMHO a lost of 1000-2000 next season will make no difference.

A lump sum of between £250-£500k not available at the beginning of the season will make a massive difference. Even if these same people still turn up at every home game that can't be budgeted for and the player budget takes a hit. Any reduction in ST income reduces our ability to improve matters on the pitch.

oregonhibby
13-02-2014, 01:01 PM
I will renew my tickets, although probably not for the Edinburgh Suite unless they offer a better package than currently. The season tickets are important but there needs to be growth in them to bring in better players because the same level merely sustains the cash available at the same level. We fish in the same pond every time and get players we can afford. If the new management team can identify some gems then great but we have effectively been promised that every time we change the manager.

You can't quibble with the Board because evidence shows they always release funds that are available. A good finish to the season is important because there is no doubt the cloud we have been under for the last 6 seasons is wearing us all down!