PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scottish cup winners 2014

Bostonhibby
10-02-2014, 09:19 AM
What will the authorities do if the leagues newest team were to win their first Scottish Cup this year, how will they engrave it to differentiate between the old Glasgow Rangers FC who are no more and the new boys, The Rangers?

To do anything other than engrave it with the new name, or at least something that differentiates them from the other now defunct former winners is surely not acceptable, especially since the new club has gone to so much trouble to distance itself from the unsavoury aspects of the past and the authorities have admitted the new entity.

Vini1875
10-02-2014, 09:22 AM
What will the authorities do if the leagues newest team were to win their first trophy this year, how will they engrave it to differentiate between the old Glasgow Rangers FC who are no more and the new boys, The Rangers?

To do anything other than engrave it with the new name, or at least something that differentiates them from the other now defunct former winners is surely not acceptable, especially since the new club has gone to so much trouble to distance itself from the unsavoury aspects of the past and the authorities have admitted the new entity.

See what you're saying but unfortunately it won't be their first trophy. They won the 3rd division and it only cost them about £20M to do. I wouldn't worry too much their name/names won't be on the cup.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
See what you're saying but unfortunately it won't be their first trophy. They won the 3rd division and it only cost them about £20M to do. I wouldn't worry too much their name/names won't be on the cup.

Sorry, meant first SC.

magpie1892
10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
What will the authorities do if the leagues newest team were to win their first Scottish Cup this year, how will they engrave it to differentiate between the old Glasgow Rangers FC who are no more and the new boys, The Rangers?

Sadly, we all know the answer to that one.

GreenArmyyy!
10-02-2014, 09:46 AM
No need to worry about that for now because they are not going to win it.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Indeed, but I needed a worthwhile distraction from thinking about Hibs, that's what my Doctor said anyway.

GreenArmyyy!
10-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Indeed, but I needed a worthwhile distraction from thinking about Hibs, that's what my Doctor said anyway.

I feel your pain.

Being honest I fancy Dundee Utd to wipe the floor with Aberdeen and The Rangers.

hibees 7062
10-02-2014, 12:38 PM

They have 2 home games in the next 2 rounds

Geo_1875
10-02-2014, 01:31 PM

Unfortunately, they will win it one day in one guise or another and the question will need answering at that time.

Personally, I'd hope the SFA would do the honourable thing but can't see it happening.

livi hibs 1875
10-02-2014, 01:52 PM
If they do win it are they allowed to play in Europe next year , I remember something about a newco not getting a licence for 3 years , I might be wrong and I wouldnt be the first time :rolleyes:

pontius pilate
10-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Livi hibs you could be correct I'm sure it's three years suspension from europe

hibees 7062
10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Livi hibs you could be correct I'm sure it's three years suspension from europe

Rangers will not be allowed a European licence for 3 years

Glory Lurker
10-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Apart from a wee bit of the Pars match at Christmas, I haven't watched any of Rangers games this season, so I am maybe missing something - is there any way at all that they can be considered favourites? I hear folk saying this and take it the world, or the MSM part of it at least, has gone nuts. How can they possibly be favourites when they're record against Premiership teams is so bad? How can they be favourites when they are only doing a pass-able job of winning a diddy division with a budget the size of a house? Are they even doing as good a job of it as Queen of the South did when they last won that division? [Edit - ah, I see they actually are doing slightly better than Queens. I take it all back - if they are better than the Doonhamers then they must be stick ons to win everything :rolleyes: ]

If they get past Albion Rovers (which sadly they probably will), I just hope they get drawn against Aberdeen in the semi. The Dons will eat them whole.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I'll be absolutely devastated if The Rangers 2012 win the cup. What a kick in the baws that would be.

Smiggy 7-0
10-02-2014, 06:14 PM
No need to worry about that for now because they are not going to win it. Has to be Sheep or Arabs

Hibernia Na Eir
10-02-2014, 07:40 PM
As said above, The Rankers FC (aka Scotlands Shame FC) won't come close to winning the SC this year. No worries here!

pontius pilate
10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Sheep to do the cup double.

Glory Lurker
10-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Sheep to do the cup double.

:agree: Although it doesn't fill me with any happiness to say it.

Stax
10-02-2014, 08:47 PM

The problem is all they tried to distance themselves from is monies owed / unpaid taxes etc. Still strutting about with stars above their old badge acting like nothing's changed. Can't see them doing anything this year but it's pretty inevitable they will in the near future. Will the SFA / Scottish meedga treat it as a 1st S.C win ? I think we all know the answer to that one :rolleyes:

mmmmhibby
10-02-2014, 09:32 PM
I feel your pain.

Being honest I fancy Dundee Utd to wipe the floor with Aberdeen and The Rangers.

am with you on that, united are 11/2 outright to win just now. I think if they turn up with there A game against any of the remaining teams then they will win the Scottish cup in a canter.