PDA

View Full Version : Doomed! Doomed ah tell ye! We Hibees are a' doomed!

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 05:16 PM
It is time to end the bitter infighting on this forum once and for all. And I think we all know there's only one way to do it.

We need a showdown between the low life Bedwetters and their chums the Bedsoilers on the one side and Happy Clappers on the other. A bit like one of those mass carnage events you would see from time to time in the school playground where everyone joined in.

Since we no doubt have many keyboard hardmen and plenty of, ahem, older folks among us I suggest we replace actual violence with other alternatives. We can begin with one side calling the other out 'Gangs of New York' stylee with a 'challenge', move on to the news crews fight scene from Anchorman and finish with a match settling 'walk-off' from Zoolander. Admins can ref the whole thing. If it works the final scenes should resemble something from either The Alamo or Zulu with one side being dispatched as the 'roasters' they are by the victors.

Better still let's have TB managing one squad and Pat Fenlon the other.

All the usual types of forum weaponry are allowed including; lethal FACT, ENDOFF and THIS sucker punches, excessive exclamation mark deployment, any and all GIFS (though to be fair Stevie has to agree to supply both sides), Calendar Thread surrealism, TDD thread toxic snack shocks and deliberately misleading weather forecasts.

No-one is allowed to attack another participant while he or she is in the act of either verbally abusing someone on his own team from the sidelines or in the midst of composing a destructive post.

While the admins will ref the contest they are also considered as legitimate targets during the contest. Admin pricks etc.

Anyone with either a Yes or Better Together affiliation has to carry a flag indicating that into the contest.

Undercover Yams are welcome to join in as active participants but only if they dress completely in pink.

Since we only have 'meaningless games' left to play it would give us something to look forward to at the end of the season. If we did it on Scottish Cup Final day it would also provide an activity to take our minds off things. The club might let us rent the pitch, that way participants could simultaneously get stuck into each other and run into the stand from time to time to either hurl abuse or offer encouragement depending upon your soiling or clapping tendency.

I think it's a cracking idea but if you have less then 1000 posts you aren't allowed to comment on it or join in on the day. Unless you have the permission of at least two admins (pricks, obviously).

Ideally the whole thing would see one side win so comprehensively that they would be able to claim of the other side that they have 'ended them as a group of posters' and that they are now the 'Big Poster Team'. But be warned, no signing up ludicrous posters from other fan websites at unsustainable costs. We want a level playing field (well maybe with a slight slope) so that at the end of the day the winners can weep Bulgarian floods of proudness while they crow over the prostrate forms of their opponents dressed as seats.

Who's in?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Only if I can sell the voodoo dolls...

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
http://media.campustimes.org/2012/11/kaiju-big-battel-los-angeles-mayan.jpg

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 05:26 PM

That's totally what I have in mind.

Stax
09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
That's totally what I have in mind.
Fantastic idea, but due to my lowly post count I won't be able to take part in the carnage :aok:

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Fantastic idea, but due to my lowly post count I won't be able to take part in the carnage :aok:

If you have a one-eyed lobster costume, then I'll put in a good word for you with the admin pricks.

Eyrie
09-02-2014, 06:25 PM
It is time to end the bitter infighting on this forum once and for all. And I think we all know there's only one way to do it.

We need a showdown between the low life Bedwetters and their chums the Bedsoilers on the one side and Happy Clappers on the other. A bit like one of those mass carnage events you would see from time to time in the school playground where everyone joined in.

Since we no doubt have many keyboard hardmen and plenty of, ahem, older folks among us I suggest we replace actual violence with other alternatives. We can begin with one side calling the other out 'Gangs of New York' stylee with a 'challenge', move on to the news crews fight scene from Anchorman and finish with a match settling 'walk-off' from Zoolander. Admins can ref the whole thing. If it works the final scenes should resemble something from either The Alamo or Zulu with one side being dispatched as the 'roasters' they are by the victors.

Better still let's have TB managing one squad and Pat Fenlon the other.

All the usual types of forum weaponry are allowed including; lethal FACT, ENDOFF and THIS sucker punches, excessive exclamation mark deployment, any and all GIFS (though to be fair Stevie has to agree to supply both sides), Calendar Thread surrealism, TDD thread toxic snack shocks and deliberately misleading weather forecasts.

No-one is allowed to attack another participant while he or she is in the act of either verbally abusing someone on his own team from the sidelines or in the midst of composing a destructive post.

While the admins will ref the contest they are also considered as legitimate targets during the contest. Admin pricks etc.

Anyone with either a Yes or Better Together affiliation has to carry a flag indicating that into the contest.

Undercover Yams are welcome to join in as active participants but only if they dress completely in pink.

Since we only have 'meaningless games' left to play it would give us something to look forward to at the end of the season. If we did it on Scottish Cup Final day it would also provide an activity to take our minds off things. The club might let us rent the pitch, that way participants could simultaneously get stuck into each other and run into the stand from time to time to either hurl abuse or offer encouragement depending upon your soiling or clapping tendency.

I think it's a cracking idea but if you have less then 1000 posts you aren't allowed to comment on it or join in on the day. Unless you have the permission of at least two admins (pricks, obviously).

Ideally the whole thing would see one side win so comprehensively that they would be able to claim of the other side that they have 'ended them as a group of posters' and that they are now the 'Big Poster Team'. But be warned, no signing up ludicrous posters from other fan websites at unsustainable costs. We want a level playing field (well maybe with a slight slope) so that at the end of the day the winners can weep Bulgarian floods of proudness while they crow over the prostrate forms of their opponents dressed as seats.

Who's in?

I've just cancelled my rendezvous with the cutlery drawer after reading that :greengrin Put me down as a Happy Clapper.

Stax
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
If you have a one-eyed lobster costume, then I'll put in a good word for you with the admin pricks.
Nah sorry, only seafood based costume I have at the moment is a slightly asthmatic shrimp with gout (it's at the dry cleaners) thanks for the offer though.

ancient hibee
09-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Sorry -I prefer the actual violence.

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Twa Cairpets tries to drown out the bedwetters:

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/438/667/438667437_640.jpg

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Twa Cairpets tries to drown out the bedwetters:

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/438/667/438667437_640.jpg

Wait until you see the pic of him trying to cope with the Bedsoilers....

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Wait until you see the pic of him trying to cope with the Bedsoilers....

I had Google SafeSearch turned on.

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I can't make it and would any other posters like to not go as well? I'm not going to hire a bus and PA system and I'm definitely not going to take photos :aok:

Fergus52
09-02-2014, 07:33 PM
sign me up for the happy-clappers

Stax
09-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I remember working in the grassmarket that day and thinking to myself wtf are they shooting a camper than usual powerangers episode here for. It all makes sense now..

SteveHFC
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
all GIFS (though to be fair Stevie has to agree to supply both sides)

Sorry mate I'm out.

I need a rest :wink:

http://news.3yen.com/wp-content/images/frog-mascot-dies.jpg

Glory Lurker
10-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Look at you all, with your "1,000 plus posts" membership badges on, all lah-de-dah, giving it "we're going to have an exclusive shouting match 'cause we're all soooooo special", when you're all just a bunch of idiots. Your nappers are so firmly docked in your posteriors that you are totally unable to see how stupid your plan is - corralling .net's "finest" in to ER, leaving the disparate band of yams and bams on the sub-1000 list roaming around un-monitored outside.... and locking youse in, maybe? Just think, all of you pompously bellowing at each other, a-clappin' and a-wettin' (and a-soilin'), while the rest of us, the little people, storm .net and take control! You'll all be faxed back to Kaunas before you can say "hilarious in-joke"!

'Mon the Yams and Bams!

:casper:

:greengrin

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Look at you all, with your "1,000 plus posts" membership badges on, all lah-de-dah, giving it "we're going to have an exclusive shouting match 'cause we're all soooooo special", when you're all just a bunch of idiots. Your nappers are so firmly docked in your posteriors that you are totally unable to see how stupid your plan is - corralling .net's "finest" in to ER, leaving the disparate band of yams and bams on the sub-1000 list roaming around un-monitored outside.... and locking youse in, maybe? Just think, all of you pompously bellowing at each other, a-clappin' and a-wettin' (and a-soilin'), while the rest of us, the little people, storm .net and take control! You'll all be faxed back to Kaunas before you can say "hilarious in-joke"!

'Mon the Yams and Bams!

:casper:

:greengrin

See you post count lightweights, you're hard work. I did say Yams could join in provided they dressed completely in pink.

I can vouch for you as a bam too though, I've also seen your posts on the Holy Ground.

Pick a daft costume, you've been selected to play.

The Green Goblin
10-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I'll only pitch in if I'm allowed to pretend I have "just spat my tea all over the computer keyboard" every time something totally ordinary happens.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 08:12 PM
I'll only pitch in if I'm allowed to pretend I have "just spat my tea all over the computer keyboard" every time something totally ordinary happens.

Fair enough, not sure how you will take an opponent out with that though. Unless exaggeration can be deadly. I swear I'll do time if it is.

nonshinyfinish
10-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Fair enough, not sure how you will take an opponent out with that though. Unless exaggeration can be deadly. I swear I'll do time if it is.

In the past it's made HutchyHibby literally explode with rage.

jacomo
10-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Fascinating to see a few self-identifying as Happy Clappers already... I thought they'd been disbanded with the Doom'n'Gloomers back when the factions split into a multitude of different, sometimes overlapping factions.

I'm gonna stand at the narrow intersection of the pro-TB / Petrie GTF / 'the Hibs way' camps, standing under a French Tricolor, but reserve the right to turn on anyone who says 'a manager can't be judged until he's brought in his own players'.

Who's with me?

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Fascinating to see a few self-identifying as Happy Clappers already... I thought they'd been disbanded with the Doom'n'Gloomers back when the factions split into a multitude of different, sometimes overlapping factions.

I'm gonna stand at the narrow intersection of the pro-TB / Petrie GTF / 'the Hibs way' camps, standing under a French Tricolor, but reserve the right to turn on anyone who says 'a manager can't be judged until he's brought in his own players'.

Who's with me?

We're like the Dead Rabbits. We just went underground.

You'll end up leading the PM board faction. Which means you won't attack anyone and it will be a secret if you do.

Unless you're working undercover for the Admins (pricks, obviously).

nonshinyfinish
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM

Who's with me?

It's Tricolore. :grr::grr:

I am a one-man faction: the Vexed Vexillologist. I don't hold strong opinions on most football topics, but when there's a flag debate I'll fly at you like a deranged Stoke fan, red in tooth and webbed claw.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 09:05 PM

I am a one-man faction: the Vexed Vexillologist. I don't hold strong opinions on most football topics, but when there's a flag debate I'll fly at you like a deranged Stoke fan, red in tooth and webbed claw.

This is going to be like Battle Royale if we're not careful. I think the collective noun may be a 'zombie' of Stoke fans.

The Green Goblin
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM

I'll simply use the weak, tasteless tea they serve at ER. The opposition will drop like flies...

Wait...that was a criticism of Hibs. Does that mean I'm now doomed?! Oh God. What have I done? Damn me to hell. What have I done?

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Macaroon bar, anyone?

The Green Goblin
10-02-2014, 09:11 PM
This is going to be like Battle Royale if we're not careful. I think the collective noun may be a 'zombie' of Stoke fans.

Like Battle Royale, we could allocate bags with random weapons in them. The Happy Clappers' weapons can be their season tickets... They can hold them aloft and feel invincible.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Macaroon bar, anyone?

Wideo hard man eh? I'm warning you now, I'm carrying.......Bovril.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Like Battle Royale, we could allocate bags with random weapons in them. The Happy Clappers' weapons can be their season tickets... They can hold them aloft and feel invincible.

'feel' invincible?

Right that's it, I'm taking no prisoners. I'm bringing orange juice in a spillable cup MOFO.

nonshinyfinish
10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
'feel' invincible?

Right that's it, I'm taking no prisoners. I'm bringing orange juice in a spillable cup MOFO.

S*** just got real.

jacomo
10-02-2014, 09:21 PM

It seems I have a mortal enemy already. How marvellous!

The Green Goblin
10-02-2014, 09:22 PM
'feel' invincible?

Your orange juice in its spillable cup is only any good if there's a Chelsea game on and nobody knows what time it starts...

Hibbyradge
10-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Wideo hard man eh? I'm warning you now, I'm carrying.......Bovril.

I'm just trying to make a living, Bro, and what I'm offering is of mutual benefit.

People get mighty hungry at these mass carnage events and without the right amount of empty calories and additives, rational thinking could break out.

One Day Soon
10-02-2014, 09:25 PM
S*** just got real.

And if I can get it past the G4S stewards I'm also now in possession of a non-functioning vertical toilet flush.

TDD thread posters ken whit's goan oan...

jacomo
10-02-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm just trying to make a living, Bro, and what I'm offering is of mutual benefit.

People get mighty hungry at these mass carnage events and without the right amount of empty calories and additives, rational thinking could break out.

Next you'll be telling me the slow service at the food kiosks somehow entitles you to squeeze past my seat three minutes before halftime. F***ing war!