PDA

View Full Version : Soft Touches

Kato
09-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Inferior opposition players bully and outplay ours constantly, you'd think they'd learn and develop some character but, never happens. Disgraceful how RR were allowed to run the tie yesterday and many of our players stood back and watched.

Referees constantly give dodgy decisions against us and there's never a peep out of the club.

The press and TV constantly have little digs, big ones if it's Radio Scotland, but the club never stands up for itself or takes anything to task.

Soft as.....

Never mind signing more skilful players are bringing in some show-pony for the fantasists who imagine Hibs should play every game for 90 mins on the carpet. We need a leader on the park that ignites other players into good form and brings some much needed B*LL*CKS to our play.

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Inferior opposition players bully and outplay ours constantly, you'd think they'd learn and develop some character but, never happens. Disgraceful how RR were allowed to run the tie yesterday and many of our players stood back and watched.

Referees constantly give dodgy decisions against us and there's never a peep out of the club.

The press and TV constantly have little digs, big ones if it's Radio Scotland, but the club never stands up for itself or takes anything to task.

Soft as.....

Never mind signing more skilful players are bringing in some show-pony for the fantasists who imagine Hibs should play every game for 90 mins on the carpet. We need a leader on the park that ignites other players into good form and brings some much needed B*LL*CKS to our play.

yes getting a bit cheesed of with the officials in this country, they are piss poor and we always seem to get decisions against us. how was the raith guy not booked for deliberate hand ball. we as a club dont seem to bother so maybe its at the top that we are weak.

Andy74
09-02-2014, 03:05 PM

Soft as.....

Whenever we get a player like that they just get abuse for not being forward thinking enough or not creating or scoring.

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Whenever we get a player like that they just get abuse for not being forward thinking enough or not creating or scoring.

Like who?

DaveF
09-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Yep, those Matty Jacks and Pat McGinlays were real boo boy favourites, right enough.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2014, 08:50 PM
The whole Club is soft, we just don't have the winning mentality, and are happy to plod along, as long as the books are balanced.....

Kato
09-02-2014, 08:58 PM
The whole Club is soft, we just don't have the winning mentality, and are happy to plod along, as long as the books are balanced.....

There's an element of that but a character or two on the pitch wouldn't do any harm as a start.

jonty
09-02-2014, 08:58 PM
TB said so himself in one of his recent interviews. When at ICT he used to hope it was going to be lousy weather because his boys were used to it, and we were just soft.

Only recently have I seen Hibs put up a fight - and that was against Hearts and Celtic when we were accused of bullying them by their respective managers.

It should happen every week.

The Sea-gull
10-02-2014, 09:37 AM
There's an element of that but a character or two on the pitch wouldn't do any harm as a start.

Absolutely. I'm fed up of hearing managers say, usually when we are dragging our feet over signings, we need the "right type of player to join the group" and the right type never materialises.

We need to sign winners. Winners cost money but we have to spend it. We are losing far more money by bobbling along in the malaise of the last 6 or 7 years with crowds dwindling, poor league performances and cup exits to lower league sides. Incidently, in the last 5.5 years we have now lost to lower league teams in the cup on four occasions. Unacceptable.

Vini1875
10-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Soft as.....

Trouble is you're describing what celtc do and constantly on the forums Hibs fans give them pelters for their paranoia. I agree with you BTW we should as a club have more of "we will never be defeated attitude" or that we are up against so have to dig deep to beat the team in front of us and the MIB and the media. We are too reasonable and we accept chicken hearted players.

JimBHibees
10-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Completely agree with the opening post. We should have pulled up Radio Scotland years ago for the cheap shots at Hibs with yam gimps like Blobbo and Preston able to extract the urine on a regular basis on national 'impartial' :rolleyes: radio. There is a place for the Off the ball sort of programme which pokes fun at teams however for an official show to do the same is a joke.

Refereeing is a joke the number of massive decisions we do not get and it seems to be getting worse in recent games. I think we were also shafted last season around this time. I am struggling to remember a genuine game changing decision that has gone our way to the obvious annoyance of the other team.

Agree we need to be more in your face and confrontational when required just as other teams are.

marinello59
10-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Soft as.....

Do you think Butcher and Malpas are soft touches? I would hope that they are well on the way to identifying the players that they will be bringing in for next season. There doesn't have to be a trade off between skilful players and snarling bullies. A winning attitude is what is required and that should be instilled in every single player who pulls on the jersey. We complain enough about the standard of football as it is yet still the call goes up for a Goodwin or a Black of our own.
The press coverage we received under Fenlon was nothing to do with the club being a soft touch and everything to do with the fact that himself and others at the club gave the press next to nowt to work with. It was utter madness given that it is an endless source of free publicity if utilised correctly. Butcher is a much more media friendly figure and I sense a more positive response from the media as a result.
Here's the thing though, the more matches we win the better the press coverage becomes. If you don't want to be held up to ridicule then you don't go losing matches 7-0 at home and imploding in a cup final against your biggest rivals. In the real world anybody who constantly whinges like a teenage boy at every perceived injustice very quickly becomes both tedious and ridiculous. It's also a sign of weakness in itself, an attempt to throw up a smokescreen around our own failings.

marinello59
10-02-2014, 11:03 AM

I agree that we are plodding along. I put that more down to lethargy at the top rather than softness.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I agree that we are plodding along. I put that more down to lethargy at the top rather than softness.

Lethargy at the top should not happen though m59.......We need real drive and gusto at the top

marinello59
10-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Lethargy at the top should not happen though m59.......We need real drive and gusto at the top

I couldn't agree more.

Kato
10-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Do you think Butcher and Malpas are soft touches? I would hope that they are well on the way to identifying the players that they will be bringing in for next season. There doesn't have to be a trade off between skilful players and snarling bullies. A winning attitude is what is required and that should be instilled in every single player who pulls on the jersey. We complain enough about the standard of football as it is yet still the call goes up for a Goodwin or a Black of our own.

I don't think Butcher and Malpas are soft touches. However they experienced on Saturday what it's like to go out of a cup without a fight.

The press coverage we received under Fenlon was nothing to do with the club being a soft touch and everything to do with the fact that himself and others at the club gave the press next to nowt to work with. It was utter madness given that it is an endless source of free publicity if utilised correctly.

The manner we're treated by BBC Scotland (offhand comments, giggling and s******ing when we go a goal down etc etc etc) was there long before Fenlon.

Butcher is a much more media friendly figure and I sense a more positive response from the media as a result.

Let's see.

Here's the thing though, the more matches we win the better the press coverage becomes. If you don't want to be held up to ridicule then you don't go losing matches 7-0 at home and imploding in a cup final against your biggest rivals.

I agree - any change has to start by winning games.

In the real world anybody who constantly whinges like a teenage boy at every perceived injustice very quickly becomes both tedious and ridiculous. It's also a sign of weakness in itself, an attempt to throw up a smokescreen around our own failings.

It doesn't have to be constant. It's probably too late to take the BBC guys to task anyway but a few barbs thrown in their direction four or five seasons ago might have resulted in them doing their actual jobs, which is reporting in an unbiased manner.

flash
10-02-2014, 01:04 PM

You just made that up.