PDA

View Full Version : Building

Green Cabbage 7
09-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Where do we think we are going wrong, how many managers have we had, they can't all be that bad, so what I was thinking is we need to build a whole new side, with butcher at the helm I think this is possible. While I think we have some talented players as each manager has said as they produce in training, maybe it's time to replace all the players to get to the route of the problem and let's start again, building a spine as we have seemed very weak at the back, so what does everyone think.( we'll maybe not all but the spine of the team).

SkintHibby
09-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Where do we think we are going wrong, how many managers have we had, they can't all be that bad, so what I was thinking is we need to build a whole new side, with butcher at the helm I think this is possible. While I think we have some talented players as each manager has said as they produce in training, maybe it's time to replace all the players to get to the route of the problem and let's start again, building a spine as we have seemed very weak at the back, so what does everyone think.( we'll maybe not all but the spine of the team).

The common denominator is Rod Petrie.

Complete apathy at the club and has been for years. If it was a 'normal' business he would have been punted years ago.

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2014, 03:38 PM
a few on here say it's the fans fault :(

Fans out...empty seats in

well, even more empty seats that is

Jim44
09-02-2014, 03:44 PM

Complete apathy at the club and has been for years. If it was a 'normal' business he would have been punted years ago.

This is fair comment. We've had our share of poor players but we've also had a lot of good solid players. The one thing that is common to all our teams over the past few years is strong mental attitude on the pitch and most likely off the pitch as well. Surely this can't be totally the fault of the managers and coaches. It is so endemic in the club that the root cause of it has to be found and eliminated. I agree Petrie appears to be the common denominator.

jakeshibs
09-02-2014, 03:45 PM

I disagree its not Rod Petrie's fault as he does not conduct training, or put the players out, easy target. onwards and upwards on the hibs

Jim44
09-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I disagree its not Rod Petrie's fault as he does not conduct training, or put the players out, easy target. onwards and upwards on the hibs

I don't think you can simply absolve Petrie of any blame in our failings. Take the analogy of a school. It may have a good team of middle managers and teachers, and a cohort of able pupils with potential, but unless you have a headmaster who is completely on top of his job, man-managing effectively, stimulating his staff and providing good resources and learning situations, pupils are likely to under-perform and staff may become disillusioned and disaffected. I know it's a debatable comparison, with different issues and conditions, but nevertheless the man at the very top can seriously influence the character and direction of a company, school or football club etc..

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 05:11 PM

if we go out next week and thump ross county then all will be happy again

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM

I won't be. I'll still be spewing that we were knocked out the cup by a struggling 1st div side.

Ozyhibby
09-02-2014, 06:53 PM

Thats what's wrong. Too many Hibs fans would be happy with a win against Ross county after 5 straight defeats.

marinello59
09-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Thats what's wrong. Too many Hibs fans would be happy with a win against Ross county after 5 straight defeats.

Surely not another one blaming the fans?
I will be happy with a win against Ross County next week but I will still be looking for major improvements before next season.

DaveF
09-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Surely not another one blaming the fans?
I will be happy with a win against Ross County next week but I will still be looking for major improvements before next season.

Steer clear of predictions though eh? :greengrin

DaveF
09-02-2014, 07:29 PM

Of course I'll be happy if we win. It'll have stopped the rot and will give us some positive momentum.

Won't you be?

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM

So we should be happier to lose? By the way it's only 4 straight defeats......

SaulGoodman
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM

Pretty much.

If we get beat, we're awful. Going down, can't see where the next win is, couldn't care less about Hibs.

If we win, we're great, nothing can stop us, good squad, really feeling positive about Hibs again, that's until our next defeat of course.

I'm always delighted with a win, but some in between would be good :greengrin

snooky
10-02-2014, 12:00 AM
I won't be. I'll still be spewing that we were knocked out the cup by a struggling 1st div side.

We had a window of opportunity.

For a couple of seasons The Rangers have been out the game. If and when they come back, it will be much more difficult to win a trophy.
IMO, it would have been worthwhile taking a (limited) gamble and to have splashed out on a few decent players and a competent manager at the time RFC were being binned.
Celtic were then the only major threat and any consistent decent side could have secured second place in the league and/or won a cup.

I feel it's probably too late to do that now. The Sheep have beaten us to it.

muzzhfc
10-02-2014, 12:29 AM
The chairman and board - choosing the wrong managers
The managers - signing wrong players, poor tactical decisions, playing players out of position
The players - lack of commitment and only interested in themselves
The fans - expecting too much too soon. Hankering after the Mowbray period
All hold responsibilities imho

HibsNutter
10-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Why are people now implying that Butcher is a poor manager and has failed here? Believe it or not, he has done a half decent job with what he had been left by Fenlon. Although recent performances are not what I expects from a club of our stature, he cannot turn us into a good team overnight. We could have panic bought in January as we have in previous years, but we didn't and I for one am glad. If we have to settle for a bottom six finish this year so that we can undergo a PROPER clear out and reshuffle in the summer, I would be happy with that, as apposed to the January short-term rebuilding sessions of previous years.

Our current management team, and in particular Mr Marsella have a reputation for unearthing the odd gem, So I will wait until next season to preserve judgement on TB. If we want to improve however, we require cooperation from the board, I believe if their ambition, specifically RP's, doesn't match that of Butcher, then some of them may have to step down.

I'm sure Butcher will turn us into a good team with a winning mentality again.

McKenzie
10-02-2014, 07:18 AM
No haven't you heard it's all Hanlon and Stevensons fault. As soon as we get rid of them all will be fine. Just hope Butcher can bin them asap