PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic FC and State aid.

RamblingJack
09-02-2014, 02:38 PM
http://economicsfc.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/celtic-fc-and-state-aid/

Jack
09-02-2014, 03:53 PM
http://economicsfc.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/celtic-fc-and-state-aid/

Expect a sevco equivalent in the next few days ... or maybe its already there, somewhere in the ether.

jacomo
09-02-2014, 09:26 PM
This article isn't worth bothering with. It raises a number of questions and answers none, and makes some accusations without backing any of them up.

The internet is full of people with an agenda and lots of time on their hands, but only some of them actually have something worthwhile to say.

Smartie
09-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Off-topic but the article says that Celtic have the second biggest support in Scotland. I'd have thought that they would have more or less the same as Rangers. Is this the case? Or is the article/blog just a Rangers-minded retort to the similar sites that have popped up about them over the past few years and this is a wee dig?

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Off-topic but the article says that Celtic have the second biggest support in Scotland. I'd have thought that they would have more or less the same as Rangers. Is this the case? Or is the article/blog just a Rangers-minded retort to the similar sites that have popped up about them over the past few years and this is a wee dig?

I've no idea of the truth or otherwise of the allegations, but the article was quite clearly written by a Sevco fan.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 11:10 PM
I've no idea of the truth or otherwise of the allegations, but the article was quite clearly written by a Sevco fan.

Yes And one without the balls to report the alleged issue to be investigated - I wonder why?
If the authorities investivated every heresay they'd do nothing else. So unless someone pipes up they'll do SFA.

Should all OF football related issues in Glasgow therefore be decided by Thistle and Queens Park fans?

Sylar
09-02-2014, 11:22 PM
It did make a few mainstream media sources but it does seem to be a desperate effort by The Rangers fans to smear Celtic after their 2 years of turmoil.

NYHibby
10-02-2014, 12:10 AM
This article isn't worth bothering with. It raises a number of questions and answers none, and makes some accusations without backing any of them up.

The internet is full of people with an agenda and lots of time on their hands, but only some of them actually have something worthwhile to say.

The article is plagiarised. Whoever wrote it copied whole paragraphs from different BBC and Independent articles and then added his rant around the stolen paragraphs.

In any event, I believe that there is a 10 year limit on the recovery of State Aid. So something that may have happened almost 20 years ago is not going to be of interest to the Commission.

Winston Ingram
10-02-2014, 11:00 AM
I thought this was common knowledge. From what i understand CEltic are bricking themselves on this. The only thing i'd question is the figures. From previous articles i've read on these and there is also more than 1 transaction.

The Real Madrid one was quite well publicised back in 2001. They sold their training ground to the Spanish govt for 250m euros when it was worth less than 10% of that.

The positive sign s in this are that hopefully it may make our council think twice when the Yams come knocking to replace the crumbling PBS

AndyM_1875
10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I thought this was common knowledge. From what i understand CEltic are bricking themselves on this. The only thing i'd question is the figures. From previous articles i've read on these and there is also more than 1 transaction.

The Real Madrid one was quite well publicised back in 2001. They sold their training ground to the Spanish govt for 250m euros when it was worth less than 10% of that.

The positive signs in this are that hopefully it may make our council think twice when the Yams come knocking to replace the crumbling PBS

Indeed. They are indeed bricking it and have hired a high profile QC to argue their case.
Celtic aren't being investigated at a European level over the dodgy land deals for nothing. They could well end up with a fine of around £35m and more.

And that's before they even get round to discussing their dodgy "soft loans" from the Co-operative bank. You try getting a loan for £34m at 0.something percent. Their business practices are as dirty as Rangers ever were.

Future17
10-02-2014, 08:43 PM
The article is plagiarised. Whoever wrote it copied whole paragraphs from different BBC and Independent articles and then added his rant around the stolen paragraphs.

In any event, I believe that there is a 10 year limit on the recovery of State Aid. So something that may have happened almost 20 years ago is not going to be of interest to the Commission.

If there is a 10 year limit, why are they investigating? :confused:

NYHibby
10-02-2014, 11:17 PM
If there is a 10 year limit, why are they investigating? :confused:

That blog post's claims are about a transaction in 1994 supposedly for £1. I was commenting on the blog post.

The transactions, such as the London Road school, which the BBC and others were referring to in their recent stories are much more recent.