PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Firstly, by no means the worst player on the park yesterday.

But as he seems to be immune from criticism on here, this has to be said. We need to stop giving him contracts. He epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club over the last few years. Let's stop persevering wth mediocrity.

Jones28
09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Lewis Steveson has had some of the heaviest criticism on this board.

Maybe he isn't being criticised because he doesn't warrant it?

Gus Fring
09-02-2014, 11:19 AM

But as he seems to be immune from criticism on here, this has to be said. We need to stop giving him contracts. He epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club over the last few years. Let's stop persevering wth mediocrity.

You can tell you are new around here.

keep the faith
09-02-2014, 11:20 AM
As a left midfielder I would play lewis every week. Thats his position.

Tricla
09-02-2014, 11:21 AM

So if he wasn't the worst on the park yesterday then why are you singling him out?

Another example of the post loss drivel that gets posted on here.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Flanned!

hibee_girl
09-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Lewis Steveson has had some of the heaviest criticism on this board.

Maybe he isn't being criticised because he doesn't warrant it?

Absolutely.

Lewis was the best of the back 4 yesterday, admittedly that isn't saying much but he didn't cost us any goals, he burst his gut on numerous occasions to keep up or beat Raith players all with absolutely no support from Harris.

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 11:33 AM

I think you're at the wind up mate.

Stevenson is a solid player for us under the right management and has stuck with the club through the worst of times, despite countless instances of unwarranted critisim.

The lad plays with his heart of his sleeve and has proven how effective he can be with the right confidence boost.

I recall everybody getting behind the team when we played Kilmarnock earlier on in the season. Stevenson was the one pulling all of the strings that day and deservedly got his goal.

Why can't we support the team like that every week, instead of pushing the panic button as soon as a result doesn't go our way?

MSK
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM

But as he seems to be immune from criticism on here, this has to be said. We need to stop giving him contracts. He epitomises everything that has been wrong with the club over the last few years. Let's stop persevering wth mediocrity.Want to try & read back on a few pages of this very forum before making stuff up ...:aok:

LioNeilMessi
09-02-2014, 11:37 AM

I agree. Lewis has been fantastic at LM. When McGivern comes back in at LB and Robertson starts with a holding central midfielder we'll be a different side. Play Lewis and Watmore (subbed by Harris in the 2nd half or vice-versa) out wide with Stanton/Craig behind a striker :agree:

The Sea-gull
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
There should always be a place for Lewis in the squad but ideally if we had enough quality in the squad there should only be a place for him in the starting XI if others are struggling for form and fitness.

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Want to try & read back on a few pages of this very forum before making stuff up ...:aok:

Am I the only one that thinks LS isn't good enough?

Brooster
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM

No. I dont think he is good enough.

MSK
09-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one that thinks LS isn't good enough?Did you read the highlighted part of your post I quoted or did you just choose to ignore it ..?

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Harsh in the extreme.

No.

:hmmm:

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Lewis is more than good enough for our current team, this whole isn't good enough for where we want to be thingies pish, we are where we are and Lewis is what we've got

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Lewis is more than good enough for our current team, this whole isn't good enough for where we want to be thingies pish, we are where we are and Lewis is what we've got

Are you happy with where we are and what we've got?

MrRobot
09-02-2014, 12:13 PM

This. Seems to have a bit extra pace these days.

Dirkster23
09-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Absolutely.

Lewis was the best of the back 4 yesterday, admittedly that isn't saying much but he didn't cost us any goals, he burst his gut on numerous occasions to keep up or beat Raith players all with absolutely no support from Harris.

Forster didn't have any support from Watmore and had to deal with Cardle on his own. If TB wants to play a 4 2 3 1 formation, he's got to make sure the wide players in the 3 offer some defensive cover to the fullbacks.

Andy74
09-02-2014, 12:28 PM
There should always be a place for Lewis in the squad but ideally if we had enough quality in the squad there should only be a place for him in the starting XI if others are struggling for form and fitness.

Indeed. I think he was little more than fine wide left. Certainly not the pacy, tricky winger we all think we need on either side though. Would he play there ahead of Harris? Doubt it.

Okay for cover but if he is one of our better players then that's why we are mid table!

B.H.F.C
09-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Probably not the worst yesterday but as one of our more experienced players we need more from him. Scandalous that in a big cup tie that the only players to emerge with any credit are the youngest on the pitch.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Indeed. I think he was little more than fine wide left. Certainly not the pacy, tricky winger we all think we need on either side though. Would he play there ahead of Harris? Doubt it.

Okay for cover but if he is one of our better players then that's why we are mid table!

100% spot on, he's even been our player of the bloody year recently. We need players like him, but only as someone who will play the odd game now and then.

I will probably get slated for this opinion, and i have said similar in the past, but he's just a very average player who shouldn't be anywhere near a place in the team, but he is in it on merit.

Thats how low we have sunk, Fenlon and Calderclown brought that many sheite players to the club it makes Lewis Stevenson one of the 1st picks.

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 12:36 PM

Yet, you complain when people call you a Yam? Have a word with yourself.

jdships
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM

Well seen you have only posted for a short while.
This poor guy has been ripped apart ,hung out to dry etc etc and has come back shown what a GOOD PRO he is

:na na:

:confused:

FranckSuzy
I think you're at the wind up mate.

Stevenson is a solid player for us under the right management and has stuck with the club through the worst of times, despite countless instances of unwarranted critisim.

The lad plays with his heart of his sleeve and has proven how effective he can be with the right confidence boost.

I recall everybody getting behind the team when we played Kilmarnock earlier on in the season. Stevenson was the one pulling all of the strings that day and deservedly got his goal.

Why can't we support the team like that every week, instead of pushing the panic button as soon as a result doesn't go our way?

Spot on. Troll or Yam IMHO. Either way, no need.

Andy74
Yet, you complain when people call you a Yam? Have a word with yourself.

I wouldn't give stevenson a new contract either. I want a lot better at the club. Does that make me a Hearts fan too?:confused:

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Are you happy with where we are and what we've got?
No but I don't see any point in blaming individual players for where we are either

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Did Stevenson look average earlier on in the season when we actually backed the team?

I recall everybody singing his praises for being more direct and looking dangerous thanks to Butchers influence.

If Stevenson left us to play for another team in the league, it would come back to bite us on the arse and everybody knows it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Absolutely.

That wouldn't be difficult. He was terrible yesterday.

They targeted him from the off, firing long balls on top of him. Not his fault he's wee but he didn't cope.

Hibs7
09-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Since he has been move from left midfield Hibs have been terrible .. Get another defender into left back and Lewis back where he was playing his best football and we will see a difference .. Surely even TB can see that .. !!!

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't give stevenson a new contract either. I want a lot better at the club. Does that make me a Hearts fan too?:confused:

No, certainly not, but when you take the jist of certain posters input and they are found to be constantly trolling (IMHO), posting inflammatory opinions and just general pash TBH, then it does make some people question their allegiances.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Did Stevenson look average earlier on in the season when we actually backed the team?

I recall everybody singing his praises for being more direct and looking dangerous thanks to Butchers influence.

If Stevenson left us to play for another team in the league, it would come back to bite us on the arse and everybody knows it.

Lewis Stevenson has his qualities but he is certainly not the type of player that would come back to bite us. He's just much the same as a lot of other players in other teams throughout the league.

And with the exception of a few games over the Christmas period, most notably Kilmarnock, he has looked pretty average. The same can be said of the majority of our team.

Matty_Jack04
09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Absolutely.

Spot on. Lewis gives absolutely everything he's got every single week no matter where he's asked to play, playing for hibs actually means something to him and if we had 10 more with that attitude things would be a lot better for us

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Lewis Stevenson has his qualities but he is certainly not the type of player that would come back to bite us. He's just much the same as a lot of other players in other teams throughout the league.

And with the exception of a few games over the Christmas period, most notably Kilmarnock, he has looked pretty average. The same can be said of the majority of our team.

If Stevenson went to another club in the league, he'd be a left midfielder. None of this left midfielder/defender nonsense.

He'd also most likely be playing for a team, where the fans back their players and don't hound them for every minor mistake.

Stevenson has shown in glimpses what he's capable of with us. If he goes to another club, it will no longer be glimpses, it'll be every game. I can guarentee it.

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Since he has been move from left midfield Hibs have been terrible .. Get another defender into left back and Lewis back where he was playing his best football and we will see a difference .. Surely even TB can see that .. !!!

If Lewis is going to play it has to be midfield. As in the St Mirren game where Harris and Cairney gave no cover to the full backs, yesterday was the same with Harris and Watmore. Both good going forward but no help when defending.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2014, 01:10 PM
If Stevenson went to another club in the league, he'd be a left midfielder. None of this left midfielder/defender nonsense.

He'd also most likely be playing for a team, where the fans back their players and don't hound them for every minor mistake.

Stevenson has shown in glimpses what he's capable of with us. If he goes to another club, it will no longer be glimpses, it'll be every game. I can guarentee it.

So in 200+ games we've seen glimpses but you can guarantee he'd go somewhere else and do it week in week out?

In the time he's been a regular with us we've pretty much been a poor side yet he's never been able to hold down a place in his best position. Surely there must be a reason for that.

steviehibsleith
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Spot on. Lewis gives absolutely everything he's got every single week no matter where he's asked to play, playing for hibs actually means something to him and if we had 10 more with that attitude things would be a lot better for us
Rubbish just because he gives everything doesnt mean he is better than someone with ability who gives 90 percent.
never a left back as most agree and do you think any other team will offer him a contract as a left winger !
Collins gives everything but sorry he aint good enough just like Stevenson.

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 01:17 PM
So in 200+ games we've seen glimpses but you can guarantee he'd go somewhere else and do it week in week out?

That's exactly what i'm saying.

Look at the likes of Rankin or Wotherspoon at Dundee Utd/St Johnstone. They perform far better at those clubs than they ever did here. We wrote them off as "average", yet the clubs they're playing for now on a regular basis, are bettering us.

In the time he's been a regular with us we've pretty much been a poor side yet he's never been able to hold down a place in his best position. Surely there must be a reason for that.

The combination of pish poor management, a consistant lack of left back cover and a lack of confidence/backing from the supporters, play a massive role.

Stantons Angel
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM

NO, but i think you are looking to make another long and winding post out of nothing¬!

Originally you start off by saying Lewis was not the worst player. so why start this post about him and not who you thought was worst?

Im guessing you have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon but do a bit of "fishing" around this board!

Lewis has been one of the most criticised players on here for sometime, so please dont be daft and try and start another debate!!

He has proved how good a player he is when asked to play in his own position so away and pick on someone else and please be less boring !!!

HFC 0-7
09-02-2014, 04:11 PM

Why start a thread about a player that you say was not the worst, then single him out saying he shouldnt get a contract? For the last few seasons Stevenson has never been the worst player, in fact he has been one of the best at times and then nearly every week a thread saying he wasnt the worst on the park but he should get punted!

If you have rubbsh players, alright players and good players, which ones should you get shot of first? Stevenson is an alright player, get shot of the rubbish ones with better players, then, if stevenson is the worst player left then yes, he should go.

Centre Hawf
09-02-2014, 05:51 PM

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
No, certainly not, but when you take the jist of certain posters input and they are found to be constantly trolling (IMHO), posting inflammatory opinions and just general pash TBH, then it does make some people question their allegiances.

You're a troll. You troll me for having a different opinion. And my opinion is hardly that obsured.

Listen. We've been crap for years. LS has been in the team for years. Work it out.

lapsedhibee
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
You're a troll. You troll me for having a different opinion. And my opinion is hardly that obsured.

Listen. We've been crap for years. LS has been in the team for years. Work it out.

We've been crap for years. The pitch has been level for years. Shirley it'd be obsured to attribute one to the other though? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 06:20 PM

Spot on. Works hard at training, listens to and acts on the advice of his coaches, gives 100% every game and never gets his name on the front pages of newspapers.

He should be hounded out for failing to follow in the footsteps of those paragons of virtue like O'Connor.

:rolleyes:

edwards
09-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Hertz fan here [ Only kiddin ] I am afraid my feelings are that Lewis has led a charmed life at ER for far to long. There were only two players worthy of pass marks yesterday and that was Watmore and Stanon the rest didn't turn up and that includes Lewis as well.

Another Lewis Stevenson post how many relatives does he have on here zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heisenberg
09-02-2014, 06:23 PM
He's a weakness for us at left back. Totally different player at left midfield though.

oconnors_strip
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM

So it's all Lewis stevenson's fault?! His fault we lost both cup finals, his fault we finish so lowly in the league and his fault some managers aren't up for the job

God I feel sorry for the guy to have all that responsibility!

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Spot on. Works hard at training, listens to and acts on the advice of his coaches, gives 100% every game and never gets his name on the front pages of newspapers.

He should be hounded out for failing to follow in the footsteps of those paragons of virtue like O'Connor.

:rolleyes:

Absolutely ridiculous you can rate Stevenson's contribution to hibs over O'Connor. Are you actually being serious?

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Absolutely ridiculous you can rate Stevenson's contribution to hibs over O'Connor. Are you actually being serious?

Now you're just being silly. You said he epitomises all that is wrong with our club. I pointed out that wasters like O'Connor dragged the club's name through the dirt. Sadly that's what's epitomised our club in recent years

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 06:27 PM

Are you Done?

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Now you're just being silly. You said he epitomises all that is wrong with our club. I pointed out that wasters like O'Connor dragged the club's name through the dirt. Sadly that's what's epitomised our club in recent years

He dragged our name through the dirt? Did he really? He gave us umpteen legendary performances and is one of our most prolific strikers in recent times. Yes he made mistakes. Thats why he's now at Grenock Morton.

This is what my thread is getting at. Why just because Stevenson tries hard does he keep getting contracts? Stevenson drags our name through the dirt by pretending to be a footballer. Do you think the Hibs name is hailed these days with him in the team? We're emabarrassing tbh

Greenworld
09-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Forster didn't have any support from Watmore and had to deal with Cardle on his own. If TB wants to play a 4 2 3 1 formation, he's got to make sure the wide players in the 3 offer some defensive cover to the fullbacks.

Dont think thats what he was playing...looked like 4..5..1
To me...collins stranded on his own for most of the game

I wouls have thought a 3 5 2 or 4 4 2 would have been right against
raith and would have won the game..

Hiber-nation
09-02-2014, 06:34 PM
He dragged our name through the dirt? Did he really? He gave us umpteen legendary performances and is one of our most prolific strikers in recent times. Yes he made mistakes. Thats why he's now at Grenock Morton.

This is what my thread is getting at. Why just because Stevenson tries hard does he keep getting contracts? Stevenson drags our name through the dirt by pretending to be a footballer. Do you think the Hibs name is hailed these days with him in the team? We're emabarrassing tbh

Keep it going, this is hilarious.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 06:35 PM

Methinks you're over egging things to the point of a flanning.

Heisenberg
09-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Dont think thats what he was playing...looked like 4..5..1
To me...collins stranded on his own for most of the game

I wouls have thought a 3 5 2 or 4 4 2 would have been right against
raith and would have won the game..

Definitely 4-2-3-1. Exact same set up he used at Inverness. Our players just aren't anywhere near as good.

Iggy Pope
09-02-2014, 06:38 PM

Pleb.

Heedersnvolleys
09-02-2014, 06:40 PM
That's exactly what i'm saying.

Look at the likes of Rankin or Wotherspoon at Dundee Utd/St Johnstone. They perform far better at those clubs than they ever did here. We wrote them off as "average", yet the clubs they're playing for now on a regular basis, are bettering us.

The combination of pish poor management, a consistant lack of left back cover and a lack of confidence/backing from the supporters, play a massive role.

St Johnstone when they see the form Craig is currently in must be p!$$!#& themselves!

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I really cannot work out the abuse I'm getting for a simple post.

Anyone can see that LS is a poor player.

Surely someone can agree that O'Connor has been brilliant for us over the years.

Just because you've posted a few thousand times jonnyboy, it doesn't make Stevenson a great player. I've spent over 2 grand on the last 5 seasons watching him. You can't fool me

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 06:41 PM

You sir are an ar5e

Aldo
09-02-2014, 06:42 PM
I was going to make comment regarding a few posts made by a certain individual on this thread but I won't. Others have done it for me. (Well sort if)

If I wrote what I was thinking a can guarantee I'd get banned.

I shake my head (again).

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM

Surely someone can agree that O'Connor has been brilliant for us over the years.

Just because you've posted a few thousand times jonnyboy, it doesn't make Stevenson a great player. I've spent over 2 grand on the last 5 seasons watching him. You can't fool me

So what? Even without Lewis in the team at all during that time you'd have gotten the same poor value for money.

And yes GOC scored some great goals for us but he also dragged our name into the gutter with his off field nonsense

ronaldo7
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM

:agree:

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Oh well the LS love in continues

CB_NO3
09-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I think Lewis has had enough time with us too. I feel we need better attacking quality. Squad player yes, first team starter, not for me. Attitude is spot on, workrate is second to none. Attacking ability to take players on, play defence splitting passes, cross and score goals is rubbish.

Centre Hawf
09-02-2014, 06:47 PM
The main question for me is "Is there more Thomson or Stevenson threads on Hibs.net" must be getting pretty neck and neck now?

keep the faith
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM

This is what my thread is getting at. Why just because Stevenson tries hard does he keep getting contracts? Stevenson drags our name through the dirt by pretending to be a footballer. Do you think thle Hibs name is hailed these days with him in the team? We're emabarrassing tbh

Most mental post of the weekend. And that takes some doing with some of the rubbish posted in the last 24 hours.

Smartie
09-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Lewis Stevenson's biggest problem at left back (ok, maybe apart from his height and there's not a lot he can do about that) is that he can't have Lewis Stevenson playing at left midfield in front of him. The good thing about having a player that can play both of these positions is that he knows what is required to help the full back from further up the park. I think Harris struggles with this.

And if effort is all you see when you see Lewis play then you can't be looking hard enough. I'd love to see Lewis in a good Hibs team - the last time I remember him playing in a decent team was under JC - we've been guff since then. I hate to bring up the MOTM Cup Final but that was an example of what he can do with decent players around him.

We're lucky to have him.

Jonnyboy

Pretty poor response there eh?

I always defend Lewis when I feel he is getting unfair criticism. However, I am quite happy to agree with those that say we could do with a better player. If and when that player arrives I'll support him too.

hibee_girl
Lewis Stevenson's biggest problem at left back (ok, maybe apart from his height and there's not a lot he can do about that) is that he can't have Lewis Stevenson playing at left midfield in front of him. The good thing about having a player that can play both of these positions is that he knows what is required to help the full back from further up the park. I think Harris struggles with this.

And if effort is all you see when you see Lewis play then you can't be looking hard enough. I'd love to see Lewis in a good Hibs team - the last time I remember him playing in a decent team was under JC - we've been guff since then. I hate to bring up the MOTM Cup Final but that was an example of what he can do with decent players around him.

We're lucky to have him.

Absolutely :agree:

Bostonhibby
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM

O'Connor was a very good player who contributed a fair bit on the pitch for us, Stevenson does it to to the best of his ability.

O'Connor brought shame on himself and by association to Hibs by his various non football related problems. He also disrespected Hibs directly in the opinion of many by his conduct before and after that cup final - Stevenson doesn't do that, you could say he gives his best to Hibs on the pitch and off the pitch he respects the club and its culture. O'Connor didn't always - that will colour peoples views of the comparison you raise.

In our current squad, over a season there is a place for Lewis, nowhere near our biggest problem.

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Pretty poor response there eh?

I always defend Lewis when I feel he is getting unfair criticism. However, I am quite happy to agree with those that say we could do with a better player. If and when that player arrives I'll support him too.

Fair comment

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Most mental post of the weekend. And that takes some doing with some of the rubbish posted in the last 24 hours.

What is it exactly you don't agree with?

schinkenotto
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM

To equate Lewis Stevenson's honest if unspectacular performances with the antics of O'Connor and a number of others,who have clearly dragged the name of Hibs "through the dirt" is ludicrous and says more about you than Lewis Stevenson.To hero worship someone like O'Connor(however talented he might have been)while putting Stevenson in the same moral category defies belief.

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
To equate Lewis Stevenson's honest if unspectacular performances with the antics of O'Connor and a number of others,who have clearly dragged the name of Hibs "through the dirt" is ludicrous and says more about you than Lewis Stevenson.To hero worship someone like O'Connor(however talented he might have been)while putting Stevenson in the same moral category defies belief.

I don't understand this. What does Stevenson add to the Hibs name? A really honest hard working *****e club?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Pleb.

So you work for the polis then ;)

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 07:02 PM

I'm with you on this.

I just wouldn't say he has dragged us through the dirt. He tries his ass off but it's not his fault he keeps getting contracts.

His mediocrity and general average attributes have become symbolic traits of all Hibs teams over the last few years.

Many managers have fallen into the trap of playing lewis because he's probably a great trainer and decent lad.

Aldo
09-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Once again Lewis is subjected to a slating on .net because he's Lewis Stevenson.

I agree that if we had better he probably wouldn't start but at the moment Lewis plays and always gives his all. Others seem immune to a slating because they are too young and will learn or because of who they are.

In the last 5 or 6 weeks there have been others the same if not worse than Lewis yet they seem to always get pass marks.

Regarding the comments bout Lewis dragging the club or not giving it a good game I have one thing to say.

I'd rather we had a team of Lewis Stevensons than a team of big time Charlie's thinking they are something they are not. And that means going up town getting pished, fighting, taking drugs and crashing your cars and running away.

Yeah that might mean a mediocre team but I would rather that then the name of the club getting dragged through the sewer.

jdships
09-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Please remember that you are living in a Democratic country where " free speech and opinions" are permissable.
You state your opinion - fine then you throw the toys because someone disagrees with you .
FWITW I have not taken issue with what you have posted re LS only that we surely have slagged the poor guy to death already ( before you started posting)
Let's move on and pick another culprit its stopped being interesting reading most posts .
You claim to have spent " two grand in five years " watching Hibs so this should qualify you to pick another player you don't like and we can all have a go at him / back him - whichever !!

:greengrin:wink::aok:

schinkenotto
09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Once again Lewis is subjected to a slating on .net because he's Lewis Stevenson.

I agree that if we had better he probably wouldn't start but at the moment Lewis plays and always gives his all. Others seem immune to a slating because they are too young and will learn or because of who they are.

In the last 5 or 6 weeks there have been others the same if not worse than Lewis yet they seem to always get pass marks.

Regarding the comments bout Lewis dragging the club or not giving it a good game I have one thing to say.

I'd rather we had a team of Lewis Stevensons than a team of big time Charlie's thinking they are something they are not. And that means going up town getting pished, fighting, taking drugs and crashing your cars and running away.

Yeah that might mean a mediocre team but I would rather that then the name of the club getting dragged through the sewer.
Hear,hear.I've only been a member of this Forum for a few months(although I've had a Season Ticket for over 50 years) and I'm appalled at the viciousness shown to Lewis Stevenson.No wonder morale is at rock bottom.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't think its fair to say that it's a LS love-in.
I have backed Lewis up time and time again and still feel that some of the criticism he gets is not fair and he has become an easy target.
I have had numerous heated discussions with a good friend of mine on this very subject but he trumped me with the defining point as far as I'm concerned.
if we are going to accept that Lewis Stevenson should be a mainstay in our team, we are never going to do anything.
Lewis is not as bad a player as some would make out but it is clear he would not be part of a team that is going to take us to the next level

Bob1875
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM

He epitomises everything that's wrong with this club? He is all about passing the ball on the ground and hard work, so if that epitomises everything surely that's a good thing? What a slavour!!

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 07:34 PM
I suppose every single one of the Hibs managers who have had LS as one of the first names on their teamsheet week in, week out were/are clueless as well....:rolleyes:

Fergus52
09-02-2014, 07:35 PM

In what way?

ridiculous statement

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
]I really cannot work out the abuse I'm getting[/B] for a simple post.

With all due respect, do you honestly think that some of your agreements and points are reasoned. I think that you have some valid points but it may just be the way they are coming across. Do you honestly think, hand on heart, that Lewis Stevenson has dragged the name of this club through the mud? I'm not sure but that maybe help with your conundrum. You are right about the acceptance of mediocrity in my opinion and I think that is what a lot of people aren't getting.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2014, 07:48 PM
I suppose every single one of the Hibs managers who have had LS as one of the first names on their teamsheet week in, week out were/are clueless as well....:rolleyes:

I don't believe he's always been one of the first names on the team sheet. For instance, he didn't start in the semi final or final last season. I think he's played as many games as he has because he's been used to cover for players and he's never really held down one position in the team.

He had done well at left midfield over the Christmas period but I don't think Butcher sees him as the long term solution in that position based on the way he has spoken about wanting quick wingers etc. time will tell on that though.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I don't understand this. What does Stevenson add to the Hibs name? A really honest hard working *****e club?

Are you saying Hibs are a 5hite club?

I'm with you on this.

I just wouldn't say he has dragged us through the dirt. He tries his ass off but it's not his fault he keeps getting contracts.

His mediocrity and general average attributes have become symbolic traits of all Hibs teams over the last few years.

Many managers have fallen into the trap of playing lewis because he's probably a great trainer and decent lad.

Or maybe they see what you clearly cant or don't want too?

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 07:55 PM

You may be right.

I'm certainly not a football manager. Other football managers must see him as a weak link though, even the Raith manager managed to make sure the ball went high on Lewis yesterday.

Brooster
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
This boy must be a yam surely?

nonshinyfinish

:agree: Obsured.

RIP Bestie

I'm not sure when his contract is up but I would be very very surprised if he is offered a new one unless it is on reduced terms. I can't see Lewis being a player that Butcher is going to build a team around and envisage that he will be told that his opportunities will be limited. If he opts to hang around after that it may tell me a bit about Lewis's ambitions. If I'm wrong it will tell me a lot about the clubs ambitions.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 08:01 PM
You may be right.

I'm certainly not a football manager. Other football managers must see him as a weak link though, even the Raith manager managed to make sure the ball went high on Lewis yesterday.

Nor am I but I'm happy to leave the manager to pick what he considers his best eleven for the job

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 08:02 PM
This boy must be a yam surely?

I'll let you draw your own conclusions but be warned, you'll be accused of trolling him :wink:

Brightside

Playing a 4231 against a first division team is a disgrace. The players were dreadful yesterday but Butcher made a huge mistake with the formation we played.

Expecting Rain
Stevenson is a player who tries to be the best he can be but unfortunately he is not a master of any position certainly not left back and definitely not right back, a squad player at best, if he is considered to be one of our best then it is a sign of the times and a lack of vision no matter who is in charge of Hibs.

HoboHarry
09-02-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm with you on this.

Genuinely one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen on this site and that takes some doing given the usual reaction from the Saturday afternoon Bampot Battalion when we lose. So every manager who he has played under has failed (unlike your good self) to see that he has no natural talent? They are all wrong and you are right? Did you call any of them up to tell them? Har har har..... I'm off for a lie doon - that was a beauty.......

keep the faith
09-02-2014, 08:21 PM
What is it exactly you don't agree with?

That you start a thread to slate a model pro being constantly played out of position. The bit i dont get though is you say Stevenson epitomises everything wrong with the club over the last few years. In the same post you go on to cannonise GOC!! You dont see the irony??

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Genuinely one of the stupidest comments I've ever seen on this site and that takes some doing given the usual reaction from the Saturday afternoon Bampot Battalion when we lose. So every manager who he has played under has failed (unlike your good self) to see that he has no natural talent? They are all wrong and you are right? Did you call any of them up to tell them? Har har har..... I'm off for a lie doon - that was a beauty.......
I don't get this post. I may have read the post that you are criticising wrong but I just can't see where your response is relevant to it. I thought he had said that Lewis was an honest pro and if managers were going to offer him a contract to play for Hibs get was going to accept it. It wast his fault they rated him. I missed where he said they were wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2014, 08:32 PM
For me LS is not one of our problems at present.....Would say our problems run much deeper

lapsedhibee
09-02-2014, 08:33 PM

(Off topic, but a number definitely were clueless.)

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Sorry just read the full post again and get where you are coming from. Made the mistake of concentrating on the highlighted bit.

HoboHarry
09-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Sorry just read the full post again and get where you are coming from. Made the mistake of concentrating on the highlighted bit.
Fair enough - I had to read my post again to make sure I had written it correctly. I couldn't understand your objection...

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 08:38 PM

A bit grumpy this Sunday?

Stupidest comments.....Ever? Hardly.

Read what I said, lewis is a model professional, he tries his hardest and plays anywhere when told to do so. Managers like that. He get rewarded with a new contract as a result.

I think he made his debut in 2005? Can't remember many successful managers from then? John Collins you could argue got the best out of him.

To answer your questions though: In my opinion yes, I'm right and they are all wrong. I wouldn't have started Stevenson in 2005 and now in 2014 I still wouldn't start him. This is a fans forum about opinions and I've mine thanks. It's not an attack on Lewis either.

I can't recall saying he has no natural talent? He's just really average. I never called the managers either as I didn't/don't know them? Har har har...what a silly thing to suggest!

ronaldo7
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Take a wee look through this thread lads/lassies.

It might cheer you up before you go to work tomorrow knowing how things can be:aok:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?276603-Lewis&highlight=lewis+stevenson

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Fair enough - I had to read my post again to make sure I had written it correctly. I couldn't understand your objection...
That's not to say I don't agree with some of what he says but I can see the logic of your reply.

mmmmhibby
09-02-2014, 08:55 PM
so who's better at LB? Booth Or Stevenson? thoughts? how many game/goals etc. I think they both have 2 goals IIRC.

cameronw-hfc
09-02-2014, 08:58 PM

We're lucky to have him.

:top marks:agree:

Cameron1875
09-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Great lad and consummate professional. Squad player who should get 15 games a season max though.

mmmmhibby
09-02-2014, 09:01 PM
:top marks:agree:

Some fans will point out that since that day he aint really taken his game up a notch, that was 6 years ago.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 09:04 PM
That's not to say I don't agree with some of what he says but I can see the logic of your reply.

All I saw was bitchy sarcasm.

Lewis does ok when he's played in his best position. Like many others he finds if hard in unnatural ones. He got picked on by bigger, stronger players yesterday and in my opinion this 'soft touch' has been a trait likened to Hibs for too long.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM
All I saw was bitchy sarcasm.

Lewis does ok when he's played in his best position. Like many others he finds if hard in unnatural ones. He got picked on by bigger, stronger players yesterday and in my opinion this 'soft touch' has been a trait likened to Hibs for too long.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"
As I have said before, if we are going to accept the likes of Lewis Stevenson being a first pick in our team, regardless of position, I don't think much of our ambition as a club and our hopes of getting to the next level. That's not to say that he is a bad player in my opinion but one who is probably keeping us at the level we are. But he is nowhere near the only one. I just think that he is picked on unfairly by the Hibs support generally.

Scottie
09-02-2014, 09:28 PM
FFS would it no be easier to get right behind the lad and cheer him on instead of all this bull**** every week after every lost game or point lost ? One week the lads our man o the match... and the next according to some on here he the worst player ever to play for Hibs

The atmosphere at ER is poisonous towards our players at times (fantastic though at other times when the team is doing ok). At some point the support has got to accept players like Lewis have a limited skill and can only do what they can.Theres no point screaming abuse at the lad as he's the best that the club can afford and attract.

Smartie
09-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Some fans will point out that since that day he aint really taken his game up a notch, that was 6 years ago.

Under Mixu and Yogi he was in and out of the side so they would have undoubtedly had a point then.

He's since been player of the year and has generally been one of our better performers albeit in honking teams. I really felt that he was stepping it up a notch when he was playing at left-midfield earlier this season.

That's why I'd like to see him an a stronger team to see what he's really capable of. Are we a poor team because he's in it? I don't think so. I think he's revel in it and hopefully then step it up.

I think his loyalty to us may have even held him back - a move elsewhere, maybe even to a lower level could have helped him kick on a few years ago instead of toiling with us.

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2014, 09:43 PM
We miss Ryan McGivern and miss Lewis playing left mid. Those 2 had a good understanding until Ryan got injured.
Since then our left hand side has been rubbish. Lewis ain't a full back and his support left midfield has been abysmal.
Since Ryan got injured we have lost 10 goals in 3 games. Surely we must have a LB from the under 20's who could come in?

oconnors_strip
09-02-2014, 09:45 PM
We miss Ryan McGivern and miss Lewis playing left mid. Those 2 had a good understanding until Ryan got injured.
Since then our left hand side has been rubbish. Lewis ain't a full back and his support left midfield has been abysmal.
Since Ryan got injured we have lost 10 goals in 3 games. Surely we must have a LB from the under 20's who could come in?

Our LB at under 20s is Ryan baptie and he is not ready for first team action yet, got a lot to learn still.

Imagine he made an error, the laddie would be hounded out from people in the stands and on here!

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Our LB at under 20s is Ryan baptie and he is not ready for first team action yet, got a lot to learn still.

Imagine he made an error, the laddie would be hounded out from people in the stands and on here!

Yep. Ryan's a good player, especially going forward but I agree he needs more games before stepping up :agree:

Stantons Angel
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM

I really dont know why there is umpteen pages on this subject again!

The very first post was set up by someone with nothing to do on a Sunday but try and stir us up. The team got beaten well and truly and lewis once again is top dog for the critics!

Comparing his antics off or on the field with the likes of gary 'o is just so stupid!!

Garry gave us some fantastic memories in both his spells at Easter Road but has also left the bitter taste of his off field antics associated with the name Hibernian.

Lewis is a different type of laddie and what he does off field is not front page news as was with Garry!

We are constantly repeating ourselves here and saying all the things we have said time and time again. He has played under 5 managers and has had his contract renewed again last year. The manager is the one who picks the team not you lot on here. I too have spent thousands of pounds over the years watching mediocre Hibs teams and get as fed up as anyone else.

To continually come on here and barrack our longest serving player, who gives you everything every week he pulls on that GREEN & WHITE jersey is ridiculous.

so he's not your golden boy, he is not a goal scoring forward and doesnt make miraculous saves behind the defence but when he pulls on that jersey and is played in his right position that lad gives you everything and more.

He is no big time charlie, he is Lewis Stevenson and he is a Hibs player through and through. So next Saturday get behind him and show him the support he needs. you are all quick enough blaming him for the teams lackluster performances. Give him some support or leave him alone!!!

There are worse players in that team living on your hard earned monies so get on their backs or SHUT UP!!!

jdships
09-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Isn't about time we found another " victim" to tear to bits villify ,criticise and be rude about ?
Reckon most posters have now run out of "NEW" things to say about Lewis S so surely time to move on - YES ?

How about having a go at Maurice Malpas , never seen anything written about him - just a suggestion :greengrin:wink:

:blah::violin:

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2014, 09:54 PM

You see my point though? He has options. Could have played Hanlon left back, Lewis LM, Forster CH and Boateng or Maybury right back. The whole left hand side is so distorted just now due to Mcgiverns injury however butcher does have options and yesterday he got it wrong.

jdships
09-02-2014, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Stantons Angel;3903360]I really dont know why there is umpteen pages on this subject again!

The very first post was set up by someone with nothing to do on a Sunday but try and stir us up. The team got beaten well and truly and lewis once again is top dog for the critics!

Comparing his antics off or on the field with the likes of gary 'o is just so stupid!!

Garry gave us some fantastic memories in both his spells at Easter Road but has also left the bitter taste of his off field antics associated with the name Hibernian.

Lewis is a different type of laddie and what he does off field is not front page news as was with Garry!

We are constantly repeating ourselves here and saying all the things we have said time and time again. He has played under 5 managers and has had his contract renewed again last year. The manager is the one who picks the team not you lot on here. I too have spent thousands of pounds over the years watching mediocre Hibs teams and get as fed up as anyone else.

To continually come on here and barrack our longest serving player, who gives you everything every week he pulls on that GREEN & WHITE jersey is ridiculous.

so he's not your golden boy, he is not a goal scoring forward and doesnt make miraculous saves behind the defence but when he pulls on that jersey and is played in his right position that lad gives you everything and more.

He is no big time charlie, he is Lewis Stevenson and he is a Hibs player through and through. So next Saturday get behind him and show him the support he needs. you are all quick enough blaming him for the teams lackluster performances. Give him some support or leave him alone!!!

There are worse players in that team living on your hard earned monies so get on their backs or SHUT UP!!![/QUOTE

:top marks TWICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 09:57 PM

There are worse players in that team living on your hard earned monies so get on their backs or SHUT UP!!!

:top marks Agree completely but I fear you have quoted the wrong person :wink: Also, I know you meant 'off', just pointing it out before the spelling brigade try and hound you about that too :greengrin :aok:

Smartie
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM
:top marks:top marks

:top marks

oconnors_strip
09-02-2014, 10:01 PM
You see my point though? He has options. Could have played Hanlon left back, Lewis LM, Forster CH and Boateng or Maybury right back. The whole left hand side is so distorted just now due to Mcgiverns injury however butcher does have options and yesterday he got it wrong.

I see your point but hate it when people say "why not play an under 20s player", our under 20s team is young boys and many are a long way from stepping up to first team football.

lapsedhibee
10-02-2014, 06:05 AM
I know you meant 'off', just pointing it out before the spelling brigade try and hound you about that too :greengrin :aok:

Nope, she meant on, as in "Pick on someone else". :na na:

Aldo
10-02-2014, 06:38 AM
I really dont know why there is umpteen pages on this subject again! The very first post was set up by someone with nothing to do on a Sunday but try and stir us up. The team got beaten well and truly and lewis once again is top dog for the critics! Comparing his antics off or on the field with the likes of gary 'o is just so stupid!! Garry gave us some fantastic memories in both his spells at Easter Road but has also left the bitter taste of his off field antics associated with the name Hibernian. Lewis is a different type of laddie and what he does off field is not front page news as was with Garry! We are constantly repeating ourselves here and saying all the things we have said time and time again. He has played under 5 managers and has had his contract renewed again last year. The manager is the one who picks the team not you lot on here. I too have spent thousands of pounds over the years watching mediocre Hibs teams and get as fed up as anyone else. To continually come on here and barrack our longest serving player, who gives you everything every week he pulls on that GREEN & WHITE jersey is ridiculous. so he's not your golden boy, he is not a goal scoring forward and doesnt make miraculous saves behind the defence but when he pulls on that jersey and is played in his right position that lad gives you everything and more. He is no big time charlie, he is Lewis Stevenson and he is a Hibs player through and through. So next Saturday get behind him and show him the support he needs. you are all quick enough blaming him for the teams lackluster performances. Give him some support or leave him alone!!! There are worse players in that team living on your hard earned monies so get on their backs or SHUT UP!!!

SA quick question for you..... Have you actually read the post of mine you quoted??? If you have I think you better read it again.

:top marks Agree completely but I fear you have quoted the wrong person :wink: Also, I know you meant 'off', just pointing it out before the spelling brigade try and hound you about that too :greengrin :aok:

FS I fear SA (I hope so anyway)

I will reply once I have confirmed if this was quoted by mistake. I know which one he should of been quoting.

Jones28
10-02-2014, 08:00 AM
The main question for me is "Is there more Thomson or Stevenson threads on Hibs.net" must be getting pretty neck and neck now?

At least after that result there are more Hibs related thread than Hearts ones, that was just ****ing embarrassing.

mmmmhibby
10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Under Mixu and Yogi he was in and out of the side so they would have undoubtedly had a point then.

He's since been player of the year and has generally been one of our better performers albeit in honking teams. I really felt that he was stepping it up a notch when he was playing at left-midfield earlier this season.

That's why I'd like to see him an a stronger team to see what he's really capable of. Are we a poor team because he's in it? I don't think so. I think he's revel in it and hopefully then step it up.

I think his loyalty to us may have even held him back - a move elsewhere, maybe even to a lower level could have helped him kick on a few years ago instead of toiling with us.

this

Stantons Angel
10-02-2014, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;3903458]SA quick question for you..... Have you actually read the post of mine you quoted??? If you have I think you better read it again.

Hi, yes i did read your post and was impressed with what you said in it too.

I was not referring back to your actual posting but more on the first post made and his various outbursts in return to being challenged.

After all we were reading from the same book in saying Lewis gives his all and more for the jersey.

Blaster
15-02-2014, 08:20 PM
No. I dont think he is good enough.

Ah brooster. Sure you told me deegan was the best midfielder at the club too. Or goodwin would be a good signing.

Listening to scoopy too much about Lewis! Ha ha