PDA

View Full Version : NHC Craig Bellamy

iwasthere1972
09-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Hope the F.A. give him a retrospective three match ban.

Thug.

iwasthere1972
10-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Just been on SSN that the FA have charged him.

Result. :aok:

Billy Whizz
10-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Thug.

What did he do

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 06:28 PM
What did he do

Guilty of not playing for a big team, Yaya Toure gets away with his!

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Toure should get 3 as well, thug

3pm
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Toure should get 3 as well, thug

Nah, he's in my fantasy fitba team!! :o)

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2014, 07:55 PM
What about Joey Barton the night? Elbowing everyone in sight!

Billy Whizz
10-02-2014, 07:58 PM
What about Joey Barton the night? Elbowing everyone in sight!

I was actually going to start a threat on this. Possibly committed 2 ref card offences, but don't think he's been booked yet. Does the championship have the same retrospective ban rules as the Premiership. Also what a stupid hair do he has, should be booked for that

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I blame Andy Carroll!

iwasthere1972
11-02-2014, 06:10 PM

Thug.

:thumbsup: Justice. 3 match ban.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM
:thumbsup: Justice. 3 match ban.

An injustice more like, yet another case of not what you done but who you are bollox

EskbankHibee
11-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Bellamy is a guy that always gets a lot of stick, and I admit I was never a fan of his. Everyone remembers his comments to the Clyde player about money and his behaviour at ER with Celtic and refusing Caldwells hand.

However, I have to say I was impressed by his decision to step down to play at Cardiff and showing loyalty to his boyhood team. His behaviour was exemplary when Speed died, withdrawing from the squad for a Liverpool match, showing that there is more to life than football.

But more than this, his charity work in Sierra Leone is unbelievable. He's invested millions into a war torn country. He's turned round the lives of children who once saw guns and murder as a way of life in some of the most horrific circumstances.

He may be an arse on the pitch but he's certainly not one off it.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Bellamy is a guy that always gets a lot of stick, and I admit I was never a fan of his. Everyone remembers his comments to the Clyde player about money and his behaviour at ER with Celtic and refusing Caldwells hand.

However, I have to say I was impressed by his decision to step down to play at Cardiff and showing loyalty to his boyhood team. His behaviour was exemplary when Speed died, withdrawing from the squad for a Liverpool match, showing that there is more to life than football.

But more than this, his charity work in Sierra Leone is unbelievable. He's invested millions into a war torn country. He's turned round the lives of children who once saw guns and murder as a way of life in some of the most horrific circumstances.

I'm reading his book at the moment, a very interesting read.

TheFamous1875
11-02-2014, 06:47 PM

What were these two incidents again? They both ring a bell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EskbankHibee
11-02-2014, 06:54 PM
What were these two incidents again? They both ring a bell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apparently told the Clyde player on his debut for Celtic that his gardener makes more money.

He tore us to shreds with Celtic an refused to shake Gary Caldwells hand, which caused uproar!

As I say though, a bit of gamesmanship doesn't make you a bad guy

weonlywon6-2
11-02-2014, 07:49 PM

i had no idea he had done this,i admire him for it.
It sticks in my throat that all these mega rich players have short arms and long pockets when we see tv adverts wanting 2 pound a month to help kids or famine in africa.
good luck to him in these ventures,top bloke now in my book

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Apparently told the Clyde player on his debut for Celtic that his gardener makes more money.

He tore us to shreds with Celtic an refused to shake Gary Caldwells hand, which caused uproar!

As I say though, a bit of gamesmanship doesn't make you a bad guy

No shaking somebodys hand and slagging a player off like that is hardly gamemanship, its poor sportsmanship and for me really shows what a classless prick Bellamy is.

And for the guy saying his ban is an injustice- you're having a laugh mate!

EskbankHibee
11-02-2014, 09:21 PM
No shaking somebodys hand and slagging a player off like that is hardly gamemanship, its poor sportsmanship and for me really shows what a classless prick Bellamy is.

I appreciate where your coming from mate. But as I say, we only see footballers on the pitch, doing their jobs. There is a pressure there and a sporting element and will to win where players are used to mind games etc.

A classless prick? Check out the Craig Bellamy Foundation. The man has class in abundance

Sir David Gray
11-02-2014, 09:43 PM
I was actually going to start a threat on this. Possibly committed 2 ref card offences, but don't think he's been booked yet. Does the championship have the same retrospective ban rules as the Premiership. Also what a stupid hair do he has, should be booked for that

Hopefully nothing too serious.

The police are starting to take online threats quite seriously these days.

:wink:

Beefster
12-02-2014, 08:00 AM

Bellamy may not be that likeable whilst he's playing football but the man is pure class off the pitch. He's as far from a 'classless prick' as you're likely to find amongst footballers.

Wotherspiniesta
12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Bellamy may not be that likeable whilst he's playing football but the man is pure class off the pitch. He's as far from a 'classless prick' as you're likely to find amongst footballers.

His charity work may be comendable, but do we just ignore his attacking team mates with golf clubs and assaulting young women because of this?

"pure class" right enough.

By the way, El Hadi Diouf does quite a bit of charity work. He's still a prick.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 10:55 AM

No I'm not but thanks for the mention.

EskbankHibee
12-02-2014, 11:12 AM
His charity work may be comendable, but do we just ignore his attacking team mates with golf clubs and assaulting young women because of this?

I can see where your coming from. But it has to be said, Bellamy was never convicted of any of this.

What is clear however, is the difference to lives he's making every day. Bellamy is helping rebuild a country scarred from a horrific civil war spanning over a decade. It's not mere charity work or a one off donation. He's helping to transform an entire nation. Since his foundation was established, only 21% of children were allowed an education. That figure now stands at 80%.

Ask the children of Sierra Leone if Bellamy is a "prick".

easty
12-02-2014, 11:13 AM
I appreciate where your coming from mate. But as I say, we only see footballers on the pitch, doing their jobs. There is a pressure there and a sporting element and will to win where players are used to mind games etc.

A classless prick? Check out the Craig Bellamy Foundation. The man has class in abundance

The man has money in abundance, money doesnt mean class though.

EskbankHibee
12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
http://vimeo.com/19225242

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 11:29 AM

It does in my eyes if you use that money and your position in life to help those less fortunate than yourself.

easty
12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
It does in my eyes if you use that money and your position in life to help those less fortunate than yourself.

Money can't buy class. Does your same argument stand for El Hadji Diouf or Kanye West as well? Another couple of classless welts.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Money can't buy class. Does your same argument stand for El Hadji Diouf or Kanye West as well? Another couple of classless welts.

Wasting my time, you don't like Bellamy and regardless of what he does your opinion will never change I get it. And I never said money bought class, you've either got it or you haven't.

The people and the children he works with on his project in SL opinion of him is far more relevant than yours!

frazeHFC
12-02-2014, 11:48 AM
In the case of the ban it doesn't matter what he does of the pitch or what type of guy he is, it's against the rules so a ban is needed. In saying that, there needs to be more consistency as Toure and other players have done so without punishment.

easty
12-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Wasting my time, you don't like Bellamy and regardless of what he does your opinion will never change I get it. And I never said money bought class, you've either got it or you haven't.

:dunno:

I dont dislike Craig Bellamy. He's got the sort of attitude I like for a footballer when they're on the park. I liked it in Keane too. He's got a mentalitly that hates losing, nothing wrong with that, I like it a lot. But the guy still has nae class.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
:dunno:

I dont dislike Craig Bellamy. He's got the sort of attitude I like for a footballer when they're on the park. I liked it in Keane too. He's got a mentalitly that hates losing, nothing wrong with that, I like it a lot. But the guy still has nae class.

Read it all again if you're confused.

easty
12-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Read it all again if you're confused.

I'm not confused. I'm wasting my time. You like Craig Bellamy, so regardless of the lack of class he has in his actions your opinion wont change.

Beefster
12-02-2014, 11:59 AM

Going by your high standards, I reckon everyone is a bit of a classless prick.

The vast majority of us are normal human beings and have faults. Those that go out of their way to use their good fortune or talents to improve the lives of a small fraction of the less fortunate are okay by me though.

easty
12-02-2014, 12:06 PM

The vast majority of us are normal human beings and have faults. Those that go out of their way to use their good fortune or talents to improve the lives of a small fraction of the less fortunate are okay by me though.

High standards?

Wotherspiniesta
12-02-2014, 12:27 PM

His off field and on field actions during his peak years as a footballer make him a classless prick. Oh and yes, he WAS charged for assaulting a young girl during his spell at Newcastle. He was acquited over a similar charge of assaulting another woman a few years later. The putter incident with Riise, what he said to the Clyde player, his ongoing feud with Shearer and the disrespect he showed to Newcastle

Craig Bellamy happens to have a lot of faults on and off the field. Having said that! Everyone deserves a chance to change their ways and his charity work is very commendable. A lot of other multimillionaire footballers should take a leaf out of his book on that one and hopefully he's matured as a person and a role model.

Beefster
12-02-2014, 12:39 PM
High standards?

Aside from the fact that he didn't assault anyone with a golf club and was found not guilty of assaulting 'young women', a lot of young men get into a fair bit of trouble or act like tits. Very few people are perfect.

Bellamy has gone out of his way to improve far more lives than the number that he might have caused trouble to by having a temper or lack of self-control when he was younger. That merits some credit IMHO.

GreenLake
12-02-2014, 01:22 PM
http://vimeo.com/19225242

Nice work

EskbankHibee
12-02-2014, 06:06 PM
His off field and on field actions during his peak years as a footballer make him a classless prick. Oh and yes, he WAS charged for assaulting a young girl during his spell at Newcastle. He was acquited over a similar charge of assaulting another woman a few years later. The putter incident with Riise, what he said to the Clyde player, his ongoing feud with Shearer and the disrespect he showed to Newcastle

Craig Bellamy happens to have a lot of faults on and off the field. Having said that! Everyone deserves a chance to change their ways and his charity work is very commendable. A lot of other multimillionaire footballers should take a leaf out of his book on that one and hopefully he's matured as a person and a role model.

This is a really ignorant and small minded post. You cannot hold his past over him, especially when he hasn't been convicted. When you are a footballer, particularly playing at the level CB has, every action will be scrutinised. We've all made mistakes but Bellamy is a man who has made a real difference in the world. He certainly doesn't need your approval to sleep at night.