PDA

View Full Version : How Many Matches Have We Won At ER?

johnrebus
08-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Since the new East Stand was built?

Serious question.

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Serious question.

Not enough.

JollyGreenGiant
08-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Serious question.

Aye, its the East Stands fault :wink:

johnrebus
08-02-2014, 11:41 PM

Like. I said in the post.

Serious question.

RIP Bestie
08-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Like. I said in the post.

Serious question.
I get this. Not sure of the answer but the change in atmosphere may be having an impact. It must have been brilliant playing in front of the old East if you were a Hibs player and murder if you weren't.

The_Exile
08-02-2014, 11:54 PM
22 including cup games, since 2010.

Diclonius
08-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Since it was opened (i.e. excluding Maribor):

Played: 80
Won: 22
Drawn: 26
Lost: 31
Goals for: 91
Goals against: 113

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 11:57 PM
Bring back the old East:greengrin

The_Exile
08-02-2014, 11:57 PM

Pretty horrific stuff for a home record, just goes to show how dire things have been the past few years.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2014, 12:04 AM

22+26+31=79

FastEddieFelson
09-02-2014, 12:04 AM

not sure why you're joking about it...our downfall over the last five years has directly coincided with the demolishing of the old east stand. the atmosphere in easter road these days, derby games aside, is utterly horrendous. to say we "lack a home advantage" is a total understatement. had today's game been played at stark's park, i can only imagine we'd be in the quarter final draw.

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2014, 12:11 AM
not sure why you're joking about it...our downfall over the last five years has directly coincided with the demolishing of the old east stand. the atmosphere in easter road these days, derby games aside, is utterly horrendous. to say we "lack a home advantage" is a total understatement. had today's game been played at stark's park, i can only imagine we'd be in the quarter final draw.That's is nothing to do with the stand that is to do with the people in it and the product they are watching.

Billy McKirdy
09-02-2014, 12:15 AM
I would suggest the tv cameras moving over to the west stand about the same time would be just as valid a reason.
Move the cameras back to the east stand now!!

JollyGreenGiant
09-02-2014, 12:34 AM
not sure why you're joking about it...our downfall over the last five years has directly coincided with the demolishing of the old east stand. the atmosphere in easter road these days, derby games aside, is utterly horrendous. to say we "lack a home advantage" is a total understatement. had today's game been played at stark's park, i can only imagine we'd be in the quarter final draw.

So you're saying it is the new East Stands fault :confused:

As for the bit in bold - what are you Mystic Meg :rolleyes:

wookie70
09-02-2014, 12:39 AM

Or have we just had rubbish players and managers for the last 5 years. Having stood and sat in the East for most of my time as a Hibs fan I can assure you that the atmosphere would have been similar if Hibs were as poor as they have been. When we were playing well it may have been better(don't know as we have been poor since the new East was built) but on the days when we were poor it was far more poisonous than the new stand. The spell we have been going through reminds me of the Miller era. Huge frustration and a poor quality of football on the park. The difference now is that more fans are attending the games(at least the Cat B games) than back then. Back then the players were properly abused from large numbers in the whole stadium. Ask Joe T or Brian Hamilton and many others.

Under PF we played a style of football that was perfect for playing away. It was never going to be successful at ER regardless of the infrastructure. Most teams playing at home try to win games for two out the 5 years we were happy to sit in and get a point. Add in Colin Calderwood and its no wonder we don't win much at home in front of the new east

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
out of curiosity, how many games have we won since they started scanning the tickets at the turnstiles :grr:

but seriously, what a dire home record we really do have

hibeesathampden
09-02-2014, 05:55 AM

Serious question.

Good point. Although I don't think it has anything to do with the stand. The pitch was widened when the stand has built and I don't think this has ever suited our game. Teams love coming to ER.

3pm
09-02-2014, 08:04 AM
22+26+31=79

Gie the guy a break. He left early one week.

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
What an utter ***** home record. Worst of it is I have sat through the majority of them.

EHZERO7
09-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Good point. Although I don't think it has anything to do with the stand. The pitch was widened when the stand has built and I don't think this has ever suited our game. Teams love coming to ER.

:aok:
Have been saying that to a few of my mates.
Dont think it is coincidence that since they have made the pitch bigger we have struggled big time.

Diclonius
09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Gie the guy a break. He left early one week.

:faf:

I'll figure out which one I missed in a sec.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2014, 12:55 PM

I'll figure out which one I missed in a sec.

Maybe it was a game that you left early as you missed out another defeat! :wink:

Our record is;

W-22
D-26
L-32

Win percentage=27.5%

Horrific.

That must be the worst home record out of all the teams who have been in the SPL/Premiership throughout those seasons.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I blame the hearts strip burried underneath the East for our poor home form :hilarious

Keith_M
09-02-2014, 01:12 PM

Andy74
09-02-2014, 01:55 PM

Serious question.

There may be some connection. The slide under Hughes started at the point the demolition took place and our home record since then has been awful.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Pretty horrific stuff for a home record, just goes to show how dire things have been the past few years.

I'm reliably informed via posts on other threads that this is a knee jerk reaction, give it a few more years to even itself out!

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 02:08 PM

were no very good

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Bring back the old East:greengrin

have a standing section along the bottom of the east stand,that would change things

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 02:10 PM
What's our away record for the same period?

(I know I could look it up myself, but I'm watching biathlon and I'd rather someone else did it. :wink:)

Sir David Gray
09-02-2014, 02:27 PM
what's our away record for the same period?

(i know i could look it up myself, but i'm watching biathlon and i'd rather someone else did it. :wink:)

w-26
d-10
l-41

Cameron1875
09-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Ignoring the Scottish cup since that's not what we pay ST for, our SPL record from when East stand was built is:

17 Wins in 70 games

Joe6-2
09-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Ignoring the Scottish cup since that's not what we pay ST for, our SPL record from when East stand was built is:

17 Wins in 70 games

Horrendous!!!

wookie70
09-02-2014, 03:11 PM
A true comparison can only be made by using stats before and after and both home and away. I had a quick look at the competitive matches since the east shut and we are still better, albeit slightly, at home. This includes cup and European games.

ER P85 W23 D26 L36 PTS 95
AWAY P84 W26 D12 L46 PTS 90

This was a pen and paper look back with wikipedia as a source. I think I am accurate. I have used points for the cup games to get a better comparison.

My conclusion is we have been rubbish both Home and Away according to the stats. From an anecdotal point of view(going to the games. All at home and a good few away) is that we are pretty rubbish both home and away.

We should get more points at home but I would suggest that this period has had a large number of home games with PF at the helm. He went out to draw games in my opinion and this may well be part of the issue. Turn a few of of our home draws under PF into wins and he would still be employed and we would be in the top six last year and possibly this year too.

silverhibee

17 Wins in 70 games

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shoc ked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

nonshinyfinish
w-26
d-10
l-41

Cheers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 03:19 PM
ignoring the scottish cup since that's not what we pay st for, our spl record from when east stand was built is:

17 wins in 70 games

oh my ****ing god. Atrocious!!!!!!

Bobby's Cinema
09-02-2014, 03:19 PM

17 Wins in 70 games
quite ridiculous. Jesus

I'm_cabbaged
09-02-2014, 03:25 PM

17 Wins in 70 games

Which is why I'm chucking the ST. Will put the money into something I actually enjoy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM

17 Wins in 70 games

How many wins a season is that roughly?

Sir David Gray
09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
How many wins a season is that roughly?

Between 4 and 5 a season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Which is why I'm chucking the ST. Will put the money into something I actually enjoy.

Knee jerking fandan! ;-)

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 04:17 PM
oh my ****ing god. Atrocious!!!!!!

haha,were pish ,why should we be so surprised ??

I'm_cabbaged
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Knee jerking fandan! ;-)

:)

Bishop Hibee
09-02-2014, 04:33 PM

17 Wins in 70 games

Brutal. It's amazing we have fans who turn up every home game in the numbers they do. Imagine the crowds we'd get if we were near half decent never mind good.

johnrebus
09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Brutal. It's amazing we have fans who turn up every home game in the numbers they do. Imagine the crowds we'd get if we were near half decent never mind good.

It is incredible that we still have such a loyal support especially over the last four years.

We deserve better, a lot better.

But a bit of entertainment and success seems a long way off....

Speedy
09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
So you're saying it is the new East Stands fault :confused:

As for the bit in bold - what are you Mystic Meg :rolleyes:

It's just an opinion and a very valid one imo.

Teams that are struggling tend to do better away from home because the home fans aren't giving them abuse from the off. (again imho)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 05:08 PM
haha,were pish ,why should we be so surprised ??

I really have no clue to be honest... I blame the hearts top under the East:greengrin

wookie70
09-02-2014, 05:09 PM
It's just an opinion and a very valid one imo.

Teams that are struggling tend to do better away from home because the home fans aren't giving them abuse from the off. (again imho)

We haven't done better away from home since the east was built though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I liked the old east better. Better atmosphere & more intimidating etc. I blame the Hearts strip underneath the new East...:greengrin

wookie70
09-02-2014, 05:30 PM
I loved the old east too but its demise has coincided with poor Hibs sides. We have seen signs that the new East can be amazing too. The Hearts win with Spoony scoring and the Dunfermline relegation decider spring to mind. I have no doubt that if TB builds a successful and easy on the eye Team then the new East will rival the old one in atmosphere.

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I really have no clue to be honest... I blame the hearts top under the East:greengrin

ah,the builders amongst us said it was taken away due to the amount of earth the bull dozers moved,canny blame that then !!

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2014, 05:54 PM
ah,the builders amongst us said it was taken away due to the amount of earth the bull dozers moved,canny blame that then !!

iirc the flea-infested rag was found then disposed of humanely :agree: but it's been mentioned a few times over the last week on here, anymore mentions and it will soon become a famous .net FACT that it's still there :greengrin

hibs0666
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
We've went from a very tight pitch like Tynie to a massive pitch like Hampden and we've not adapted well to it at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
09-02-2014, 07:54 PM
It's nothing to do with the stand.

It's everything to do with the TV cameras. Glaring.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Another 'New East Stand' thread where poster after poster longs for the good old days. What I don't get is why all the old east stand folk didn't just buy a ticket for the new east stand and carry on their singing!

BTW the old east didn't rock every home game as many like to think.