PDA

View Full Version : LC out KT in!

147lothian
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
It's time to put Liam Criag on the bench and put Thomson in, reason KT can pick a pass, control the tempo of a game and beak up opposition play, Thomson never became a bad player when he went to Middlesburgh, he got a serious injury, this is his last chance to prove himself, it's time to give him the platform

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Best midfielder at the club in my opinion, but you have to respect the manager at the end of the day.

Why we didn't play two strikers today I'll never know - against a team who hadn't scored this year ? No brainer.

Still, we are in no shape to win any cup this year, Pat's signings made sure of that (for me). League survival is the aim again - at least we have a manager that wants to sign pace and creativity !

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2014, 11:11 PM
KT is a far better football player than LC...

Only TB knows why KT has been binned

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:22 PM
KT is a far better football player than LC...

Only TB knows why KT has been binned

No he's not - guys have posted on here explaining why he's been binned.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Liam Craig has been poor in recebt weeks. It takes a big decision to dump the captain but maybe thats what we need. Big decisions to be made.

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2014, 11:29 PM
No he's not - guys have posted on here explaining why he's been binned.

So the guys have posted explaining why LC is a better player?

edwards
08-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Liam Craigs game has deteriorated since taking the captains arm band, feel terry needs to makes a decision soon about this and give the band to Nelson for the time being to take some of the strain off Liam, he was scoring goals before he became captain. Not many leaders in the team and feel Nelson is the only option.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:35 PM
So the guys have posted explaining why LC is a better player?

Don't think so? They've posted saying why KTs been binned though.

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Don't think so? They've posted saying why KTs been binned though.

Thought so

In regards to why he's been binned, pathetic

The style of football, performances & results so far are awful

KT should walk into this plsh Hibs side

matty_f
08-02-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd have Scott Robertson in the team before either of them, but imho Thomson is far better suited to the role that Craig is being asked to do than Liam Craig is.

We'd barely have noticed if we had done without a midfield today.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Thought so

In regards to why he's been binned, pathetic

The style of football, performances & results so far are awful

KT should walk into this plsh Hibs side

Does it need to be a straight Craig for Thomson swap? The 2 of them were in the same side at the start of the season.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:41 PM
I'd have Scott Robertson in the team before either of them, but imho Thomson is far better suited to the role that Craig is being asked to do than Liam Craig is.

We'd barely have noticed I'd we had done without a midfield today.

Correct. Terry even took off 50% of our non existent midfield, though Taiwo was booked after a reckless challenge. As my Brother pointed out today, having Boeteng and Maybury on the bench today was strange - not putting Robertson on was even stranger.

KT definitely more suited for the LC role, though agree that SR should be in before both.

Bronson
09-02-2014, 01:05 AM
What I don't understand is KT has been dropped because Butcher wants a high pressing midfield that play at high tempo. But in the last few weeks Craig has been playing far too deep, trying to dictate the play and has slowed everything down. Surely that's what KT is perfect at? That's his game and he's very good at it.

Personally think we really miss a balance in midfield, Fenlon went too defensive, Butcher has went a bit too lightweight, I'd go for KT and robertson myself.

3pm
09-02-2014, 08:27 AM

We'd barely have noticed if we had done without a midfield today.

Neither Craig or Robertson are good enough.

3pm
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
...imo.

Potty78
09-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Under Mowbray we played, boozy, brown and kt with kt sitting. Why not not go the same way with Robertson and Craig both pushing on? Just an option am putting out there!

steviehibsleith
09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
KT is a mile better footballer than liam craig fact.
KT went west when they had the money to buy the best and then went on to the EPL - will LIam Craig achieve this level ?
due to injuries KT has lost a yard of pace and if that doesnt fit with the manager thats his call, IMO Hibs should be playing KT .

EVENTUALLY
09-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Bang On. Craig has been poor since he arrived and was without doubt a disgrace in Malmo game. Non tryer after the 1st two goals went in. Robertson flits in and out of every game he plays with the emphasis on the out. KT likes to play at an even tempo but he knows his way around a midfield area, can sense danger and will put his body on the line. Craig is weak and never ever a captain in a million years. We let a good captain go to Partick and we've another out on loan in David Gold who should be brought back now and nurtured for next season alongside Stanton, Harris and Handling. Booth also looks more mature and physically developed to handle the defensive side of the game. There is no point developing really bright young players while the likes of Craig, Robertson and Taiwo consistenently under perform.

KT maybe , youth definately.

lumbo_hfc
09-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Correct. Terry even took off 50% of our non existent midfield, though Taiwo was booked after a reckless challenge. As my Brother pointed out today, having Boeteng and Maybury on the bench today was strange - not putting Robertson on was even stranger.
Robertson was on the bench!?

KT is a mile better footballer than liam craig fact.
KT went west when they had the money to buy the best and then went on to the EPL - will LIam Craig achieve this level ?
due to injuries KT has lost a yard of pace and if that doesnt fit with the manager thats his call, IMO Hibs should be playing KT .
And is still alot quicker and sharper than Liam Craig.

Fergus52
09-02-2014, 11:52 AM

How much have you watched us this season?

Robertson has been great.

3pm
09-02-2014, 12:25 PM

I have a season ticket and I go to a few away games.

We both have different definitions of great it appears.

GreenLake
09-02-2014, 01:03 PM

I was thinking Robertson must be injured or not match fit. He has been one of our best players this season. Craig has been one of our worst should be rested.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Kevin Thomson is injured, and has been for a while.

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
We should definately drop our top goallscorer, that makes perfect sense.

hibee_girl
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Kevin Thomson is injured, and has been for a while.

Exactly, not sure why there's a huge drama being made out of him not playing!

Eyrie
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Craig is playing poorly and is our captain - two good reasons why he should be dropped for now. No player can be seen to have a guaranteed place in the team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I'd like to see Heffernan & Haynes up top next week.

seven nowt
09-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Finally someone has said it. Ever since Kevin Thomson was binned from the lineup, I've wondered why because Thomson is a top class midfielder.

But NO WAY should Craig lose his position. Thomson sitting midfield, with Craig and Stanton attacking and Zoubir and Watmore on the wings. That's what I would play. Next game we should go for

Williams
Maybury-Hanlon-Boateng-Stevenson
Thomson
Craig-Stanton
Watmore---------------Zoubir
Haynes

Nelson is a good ball winning defender but keeps putting us under pressure and ruins the flow of play with his punting the ball up the park, so I say give Boateng a try. Maybury has been solid for us when called upon and adds stability. Hanlon's been our player of the season. Thomson needs to be back in the lineup. We need to get shot of Collins and put Haynes on because I seen enough yesterday to know Haynes will be dangerous. Cairney can come of the bench and be an impact player as well.

147lothian
09-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Craig is playing poorly and is our captain - two good reasons why he should be dropped for now. No player can be seen to have a guaranteed place in the team.

Good point mate, Thomson is injured at the moment, but he should be back soon and he was one of the four who seemed to not have a future at Easter Road, his contract runs out at the end of the season, Craigs form has dropped so much giving away posession that it's time to put Thomson in that position and see if he's worth a new contract

Aldo
09-02-2014, 08:07 PM

I would. He has done nothing for weeks. Regardless of who you are if you player crap you deserve to be dropped.

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 08:11 PM
I would. He has done nothing for weeks. Regardless of who you are if you player crap you deserve to be dropped.

Being top goalscorer is definately a sign of being crap.

Aldo
09-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Being top goalscorer is definately a sign of being crap.

Yeah he's our top score but he has been very poor and shouldn't be immune to being dropped. If he doesn't perform or play then others have to cover and do the job of 2.

Surely if your playing poor for weeks you should be dropped??

SkintHibby
09-02-2014, 08:15 PM
This thread is like two bald men fighting over a comb. Let's face it, both Craig and Thomson are guff.