PDA

View Full Version : Knee jerking and the third resurgence of the uber fandan

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Without reading all the doubtless utter p!sh spread through several threads, I'm guessing that the tomato faced fury brigade are out in righteous ire tonight, and I'd guess from the thread titles:

- Harris: flattered to deceive/isnae good enough/got his contract now not trying a leg
- Collins: worst striker since Nish/Hurtado/Ward
- TB: Shown up to be no better than Fenlon/Calderwood. Petrie rushed appointment
- KT: How's he no' back. Best player at the cub etc etc
- Fans: I'll no be back until Petrie/TB are gone
- Nelson - disgrace/no' good enough

Look people. Getting beat in the Cup off of anyone isn't good. We weren't good today, but ***** happens. The relentless stream of amazingly short term knee jerk reaction is absolutely the reason why we underperform. I am not saying is is the fans fault - we don't kick the ball - but for the love of all things green, if going to Hibs games makes you so sad and angry, then gonnae just stay away. It's bad enough losing without reading the mindless piffle posted by those masochists who only seem to surface when something doesn't go the way we want it to.

I hated losing today. I thought with the the jungle jims getting papped off of the sheep we may just have had a squeak this year, but given I've been going for 40 years, I'm not going to get my gonads warped because we got beat on the day by a (one the day) decent side.

Oh, and by the way, I take part of the blame as I used to coach the Raith 'keeper when he was a laddie before he went pro-youth.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Along with recent reasults todays defeat was amongst the poorest results in recent years. Hibs were VERY poor against a mediorce 1st div side, a team who had't scored in 5 games. Sorry for being a a bit dispointted.

Thecat23
08-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Without reading all the doubtless utter p!sh spread through several threads, I'm guessing that the tomato faced fury brigade are out in righteous ire tonight, and I'd guess from the thread titles:

- Harris: flattered to deceive/isnae good enough/got his contract now not trying a leg
- TB: Shown up to be no better than Fenlon/Calderwood. Petrie rushed appointment

Look people. Getting beat in the Cup off of anyone isn't good. We weren't good today, but ***** happens. The relentless stream of amazingly short term knee jerk reaction is absolutely the reason why we underperform. I am not saying is is the fans fault - we don't kick the ball - but for the love of all things green, if going to Hibs games makes you so sad and angry, then gonnae just stay away. It's bad enough losing without reading the mindless piffle posted by those masochists who only seem to surface when something doesn't go the way we want it to.

I hated losing today. I thought with the the jungle jims getting papped off of the sheep we may just have had a squeak this year, but given I've been going for 40 years, I'm not going to get my gonads warped because we got beat on the day by a (one the day) decent side.

Oh, and by the way, I take part of the blame as I used to coach the Raith 'keeper when he was a laddie before he went pro-youth.

Good post, but I'm now blaming you because that keeper was superb today :D

jeffers
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah why read all the other utter pish threads when you can create one of your own for us all to read.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:18 PM
The Raith support was superb today. Our support was fine until the second half, when a dodgy performance become a completely inept one. Any time we really pushed, the fans responded.

mcfly
08-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Aye very good it was a disgraceful gutless performance if you dont seem too bothered fine but I as a season ticket holder i am sickened by that and am wondering why I pay £400 plus per Annum to watch that rubbish.

Season is over in feb are you happy with that??

Today's results will cost hibs a fortune in attendances

tamig
08-02-2014, 11:28 PM

Agree 100%.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Along with recent reasults todays defeat was amongst the poorest results in recent years. Hibs were VERY poor against a mediorce 1st div side, a team who had't scored in 5 games. Sorry for being a a bit dispointted.
We're all disappointed. I certainly am - gutted in fact. Did I suggest otherwise? But there's a world of difference between being disappointed and the garbage that some people come out with after any defeat.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Yeah why read all the other utter pish threads when you can create one of your own for us all to read.

Don't read or comment on it then sunshine.
There you go.
Easy.

RIP Bestie
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM

Fantastic idea. We will all just listen to you and your self righteous p*sh.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 11:42 PM

Agree with all that TC apart from the title. It should have been 'Knee jerking and the third resurgence of the uber fandan and YamBam whinetime'

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Aye very good it was a disgraceful gutless performance if you dont seem too bothered fine but I as a season ticket holder i am sickened by that and am wondering why I pay £400 plus per Annum to watch that rubbish.

Disgraceful? Gutless? No - we lost a football match. Who was disgraceful? Who didn't try?
Not bothered. - erm, no. Try reading my post again, this time with your powers of comprehension turned on. I'm a season ticket holder too, and I pay my money to support my team. As I've posted before, if you now decide that the lack of enjoyment you get by being - literally - sickened by what you watch is worth less than you pay then don't go. Just don't get all righteous about it.
As for the last bit, yes, attendances probably will drop and no, I'd be much happier if we were still in the cup. I'll still go though, as I actually enjoy watching football and going to Hibs games.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Hibs fans listening? I don't know how that can be done when so many seem to be permanently switched to transmit mode.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:45 PM

Good. Glad you think it's a good idea to listen to me. You might learn something, so read on and pay attention.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 11:46 PM
We're all disappointed. I certainly am - gutted in fact. Did I suggest otherwise? But there's a world of difference between being disappointed and the garbage that some people come out with after any defeat.

I'm not sure where I've read anything which has been too ttp. Today was a howler and anything that gas been said has been justified imho.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Cup shocks happen for sure, there's no doubt about that - if Raith had comprehensively outplayed us today despite our best attempts to stop them, I would accept that. The first half was excusable - not changing our tactics at half time most certainly was not.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure where I've read anything which has been too ttp. Today was a howler and anything that gas been said has been justified imho.

I offer you the thread title "I'd rather have TB than terry Butcher" as one that suggests the thread creators perceptions are a tad on the short-term, knee-jerk side.

Hiber-nation
08-02-2014, 11:50 PM
I agree with a lot of what TC says but the 2nd half was unacceptable and TB has said so.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I agree with a lot of what TC says but the 2nd half was unacceptable and TB has said so.

I'm not suggesting that that the reaction should be one of meek acceptance. We should of course be beating teams like Raith, but defeats do happen and there is a need for some action. The action needs to be taken by the management team. We, the fans, can either give it some time to work for once, or we can do the running around brainless tearing our hair out so beloved of some posters.

erin go bragh
09-02-2014, 12:04 AM

Nah , beat by a decent side , try beat by an average lower league side.
We made them look decent imho . Favs out and we fin blow it .

Ggtth

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 12:06 AM
I've got to admire a man who isn't ashamed to wear his double standards on his sleeve.

Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 12:14 AM
I've got to admire a man who isn't ashamed to wear his double standards on his sleeve.
Fail to see where the double standards are from me when both the post that you have pulled from the archives and the post on this thread clearly demonstrate my desire for people to post their opinions. The "erse" post was in response to a sanctimonious smart are comment from you and I stick by it.

londonhibby
09-02-2014, 12:21 AM

Absolute and utter pap! SC Final 5-1; 9-0 on aggregate against Malmo, 1-0 to the Puddle-drinkers' youth team in the LC ... and that's just in the last two years.

Get some perspective. :confused:

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Fail to see where the double standards are from me when both the post that you have pulled from the archives and the post on this thread clearly demonstrate my desire for people to post their opinions.The "erse" post was in response to a sanctimonious smart are comment from you and I stick by it.

I'm terribly sorry it's clear from your original post that you are indeed a paragon of liberal virtue and champion of free speech. Don't know how I could've missed it, really.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm terribly sorry it's clear from your original post that you are indeed a paragon of liberal virtue and champion of free speech. Don't know how I could've missed it, really.
I accept your apology. The reason I worded my original post the way I did was in response to your original post where you assumed that every post on here today would be utter p*sh and that most would be by the tomato face brigade venting their righteous ire. You made it clear you didn't want to listen to that and I suggested we should just listen to yours. There was no need for the dick head reply to it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Absolute and utter pap! SC Final 5-1; 9-0 on aggregate against Malmo, 1-0 to the Puddle-drinkers' youth team in the LC ... and that's just in the last two years.

Get some perspective. :confused:

So you don't think todays result was as bad as those, really? Have a wee sit down and think about it, you don't think losing 3 goals at home v Raith was worse than losing 1-0 v Hertz? Seriously?

Hiber-nation
09-02-2014, 12:45 AM
I'm not suggesting that that the reaction should be one of meek acceptance. We should of course be beating teams like Raith, but defeats do happen and there is a need for some action. The action needs to be taken by the management team. We, the fans, can either give it some time to work for once, or we can do the running around brainless tearing our hair out so beloved of some posters.

I know but I just don't see where we are going. Another new manager, another good run then another horrible run with not much promise of anything better.

Rovers have been awful for weeks in a very poor 1st division. This shouldn't happen.

londonhibby
09-02-2014, 12:47 AM
So you don't think todays result was as bad as those, really? Have a wee sit down and think about it, you don't think losing 3 goals at home v Raith was worse than losing 1-0 v Hertz? Seriously?

I see you choose your example carefully. The worst results in our history in the last two years. Worst, ever. And yes, for what it's worth, no I don't, because I think this Raith team, if they'd played the way they did yesterday, in a cup game, would have given the Jambos a hell of a good game and quite possibly pumped them too.

Remember. Worst results. Ever.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-02-2014, 12:53 AM
I said this was amongst the worst results in recent history not the worst, Not that it means much but Hertz played Raith earlier in the season in the league cup and beat them on pens.

londonhibby
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
I said this was amongst the worst results in recent history not the worst, Not that it means much but Hertz played Raith earlier in the season in the league cup and beat them on pens.

We're biting each other when we should be as one. Agree to disagree.

Peace brother. :flag:

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-02-2014, 01:14 AM
Fair enough m8 we're both hurting.

mcfly
09-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Disgraceful? Gutless? No - we lost a football match. Who was disgraceful? Who didn't try?
Not bothered. - erm, no. Try reading my post again, this time with your powers of comprehension turned on. I'm a season ticket holder too, and I pay my money to support my team. As I've posted before, if you now decide that the lack of enjoyment you get by being - literally - sickened by what you watch is worth less than you pay then don't go. Just don't get all righteous about it.
As for the last bit, yes, attendances probably will drop and no, I'd be much happier if we were still in the cup. I'll still go though, as I actually enjoy watching football and going to Hibs games.

Why should I listen to you ? Is your money better than mine.

You seem too think your opinion is better than mine or any one elses

That was a disgraceful performance today and if you are happy with that then enjoy the meaningless games till the end of season

mcfly
09-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Seems to me twa carpets is happy with recent results. Anyone who criticises any players is wrong.

Take note the season is over!!!!

kaimendhibs
09-02-2014, 02:05 AM
That was a horror show today, and no one can say otherwise. Ffs, even the manager said as much. There is Nowt to look forward to now this season. For me, it all went sour when we lost a two goal lead at tannadice. Spirit drained.

Sent from my iphone

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 02:46 AM
Seems to me twa carpets is happy with recent results. Anyone who criticises any players is wrong.

No he's not. He just doesn't want anyone else to state their opinion about it. He can't even acknowledge when he's out of order but likes to make disparaging remarks about others.

eggbamyasi
09-02-2014, 02:55 AM

great post . Totally agree

jeffers
09-02-2014, 07:28 AM
There you go.
Easy.

Believe me I wish hadn't read it. Typical of the look at me I'm so much cleverer than l the other posters on this site stuff you post. I shouldn't have been surprised.

Nailrod
09-02-2014, 08:02 AM
great post . Totally agreeMe too. I was particularly impressed with the constructive intro:
Without reading all the doubtless utter p!sh spread through several threads, I'm guessing that the tomato faced fury brigade are out in righteous ire tonight...The impeccable logic:
The relentless stream of amazingly short term knee jerk reaction is absolutely the reason why we underperform... But most of all with the sheer counter-intuitive brilliance of the solution:
but for the love of all things green, if going to Hibs games makes you so sad and angry, then gonnae just stay away...
Clearly, once all those whose expressions of discontent don't match the high standards of you and twa cairpets, and once Hibs are being watched by perhaps as many as a thousand people (with the corresponding drop in revenues), then by some miracle we will metamorphose into a fantastic team.

What if we don't though? How will we identify which fans are to blame then?

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Why should I listen to you ? Is your money better than mine.

You seem too think your opinion is better than mine or any one elses

That was a disgraceful performance today and if you are happy with that then enjoy the meaningless games till the end of season....

...Seems to me twa carpets is happy with recent results. Anyone who criticises any players is wrong.

You don't have to listen to me, but equally by that argument you must acknowledge that I don't have to accept that in the aftermath of every defeat I don't have to just accept the tedious outpourings of the terminally incontinent.

Yes, I do think my opinion, in this matter certainly, is better than many other peoples. Presumably you think your view on this is correct also, otherwise you'd change it?

It wasn't "disgraceful". This particular expression is so overused by those, I presume like yourself, who like to be outraged, as to lose any impact. We lost a game. We should have won it because we have better players. Celtic should have beaten Aberdeen because they have better players. Motherwell should have beaten Albion Rovers because they have better players. Results that shouldn't happen on the face of it happen every weekend in football, it doesn't mean that it is a disgrace.

Maybe you could point me to my post where I've said I'm happy with the result/performance? Quite the opposite, but equally I'm not donning a signboard with "The End is Nigh" plastered over it, although your "take note, the season is over" warning does have entertainingly apocalyptic overtones to it.

The competition to be the most outraged and vocal in the loathing of our own team is beyond pathetic.

As for not criticising players, again where have I said that? I've said that the nature of the criticism is, generally, in the aftermath of a defeat ridiculous, incredibly short term and, usually, bovinely stupid.

And finally, thanks for your permission to enjoy the game to the end of the season. I'll do my best, although your suggestion that such enjoyment levels are contingent on "if I think that was alright" is baffling. I've gone through seasons where the tiny kernel of hope that keeps you going as a Hibby as been almost utterly squashed, and still gone along and enjoyed the game - (the exception to this being Calderwood where I almost got to the point of not caring, and I am miles removed from that now). It strikes me that going to a match with a preconceived idea that whatever happens you're not going to enjoy it and afterwards tell the works how deeply sh*** your own team is is a very strange way to want to spend a Saturday afternoon. I hope you enjoy the rest of the season presumably in IKEA.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Believe me I wish hadn't read it. Typical of the look at me I'm so much cleverer than l the other posters on this site stuff you post. I shouldn't have been surprised.

In that case I'm delighted you weren't disappointed.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Me too. I was particularly impressed with the constructive intro:The impeccable logic: But most of all with the sheer counter-intuitive brilliance of the solution:
Clearly, once all those whose expressions of discontent don't match the high standards of you and twa cairpets, and once Hibs are being watched by perhaps as many as a thousand people (with the corresponding drop in revenues), then by some miracle we will metamorphose into a fantastic team.

What if we don't though? How will we identify which fans are to blame then?

Thanks Nailrod.
Just to focus on the "staying away" bit.
I'm completely scoobied as to why people go to football games just to be angry. It doesn't seem to me to be sane, logical or rational,thing to do. Can you think of anything where you have a free choice and choose to do the thing that makes you unhappy? I can't.

Nailrod
09-02-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm completely scoobied as to why people go to football games just to be angry. It doesn't seem to me to be sane, logical or rational,thing to do. Can you think of anything where you have a free choice and choose to do the thing that makes you unhappy? I can't.Come on Twa Cairpets. Nobody goes to a football match "just to be angry".

They go in the expectation (or in the case of Hibs over the past seven years, the faint hope) of being entertained, and enjoying themselves. If they're not entertained, and they don't enjoy themselves, then some of them might become angry. When they've been going through seven long years of pash, as we have, then their anger is likely to be triggered sooner, rather than later.

After a while they stop 'choosing to do the thing that makes them unhappy'. They simply stop going to the football, as many thousands of Hibs fans have. I can see another couple of thousand making that choice next year again.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 08:54 AM
I have a right to a better quality of argument than this thread has thrown up. I pay my £10 every year, and I expect that I am stimulated, or at least that I am amused by the posts that l read in my hard earned spare time. I have never been able to accept it if things don't go the way I want. I'd get on my high horse, but I pay somebody else to do that.

Hibrandenburg
09-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks Nailrod.
Just to focus on the "staying away" bit.
I'm completely scoobied as to why people go to football games just to be angry. It doesn't seem to me to be sane, logical or rational,thing to do. Can you think of anything where you have a free choice and choose to do the thing that makes you unhappy? I can't.

Let's face it TC, if it is the case that some folks just go to the football to get angry, then maybe Rod should be bumping up the gate prices. They certainly get their money's worth at Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
09-02-2014, 09:05 AM

This.

Greenblood70
09-02-2014, 09:33 AM

This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scuttle
09-02-2014, 09:59 AM
There you go.
Easy.

sounds like you are even more angry than most of the posters on other threads
Drama Queen

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 10:00 AM
sounds like you are even more angry than most of the posters on other threads
Drama Queen

Ooh hark at you!

scuttle
09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Ooh hark at you!

This.......Oh wrong thread

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Ooh hark at you!

Have you had some sort of emotional breakdown since FT yesterday FR?

Since90+2
09-02-2014, 10:12 AM

:top marks

Some people need attention.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
:top marks

Some people need attention.

Some people need colostomy bags.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Come on Twa Cairpets. Nobody goes to a football match "just to be angry".

They go in the expectation (or in the case of Hibs over the past seven years, the faint hope) of being entertained, and enjoying themselves. If they're not entertained, and they don't enjoy themselves, then some of them might become angry. When they've been going through seven long years of pash, as we have, then their anger is likely to be triggered sooner, rather than later.

After a while they stop 'choosing to do the thing that makes them unhappy'. They simply stop going to the football, as many thousands of Hibs fans have. I can see another couple of thousand making that choice next year again.

I have my doubts about that actually. There are people that genuinely only seem to be animated when something bad happens barely cheering at goals, but I accept the point.

For what it's worth, what was much more dangerous for attendances than losing games like yesterday was the unspeakably narcolepsy inducing atrociousness of Calderwood.

If we accept that we're likely to be better under butcher than the past tranche of managers, then we need to give it time and accept that this type of result, horrible though it was, will happen.

Ray_
09-02-2014, 10:22 AM

OK then, pitiful is what TB called the performance, so lets go with the official line. And when talking of garbage, this thread is right up there with the best of them.

mcfly
09-02-2014, 10:30 AM

Shocking post.

Do you insult or lecture everyone who has a different opinion from you?

Since90+2
09-02-2014, 10:33 AM

It happens at your age :wink:

TheBruce
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Blah blah blah to all of the above and the other threads! But the lack of heart that the team has shown is unacceptable ! On the field and in the dug out !! TB is the man for the job but being good in the press conference will only get him so far! We haven't led a team since tannadice at beginning of Jan! We have conceded 10 goals in three games ! Brilliant calling everyone who's not happy a fan Dan but it's simply not good enough!! On top of all that we don't have an on field captain, all Craig wants to do is moan to referees that he didn't get a free kick the last time he ****ed up another backwards unambitious pass! I played highland league for 8 years plus I have my coaching badges so I know more about football than most but nobody in yesterday's team would have got pass marks!! FACT

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Shocking post.

Oh aye, I'm pure dead shocked. :rolleyes:

Still there is some top notch fratricidal infighting on the board this weekend. Koala T

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 10:58 AM

You're obviously not familiar with Mr Carpets :greengrin

I agree with him, incidentally. The bedwetters have become bedsoilers.

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 11:04 AM

This is true. Try challenging his irrational refusal to accept that there is a God...

Bedsoilers is good. It combines the incontinence with the stench of merde being talked.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM
This.......Oh wrong thread

:greengrin

Have you had some sort of emotional breakdown since FT yesterday FR?

Not as bad as some. I fully expect Hibs to be humiliated in the Scottish Cup each year. What causes me anguish is the number of people it takes by surprise.

If anyone was shocked by yesterday's result, or if they think that there's anything that can be done to stop it happening next year, they should be in an institution. They certainly shouldn't have access to a computer.

Something has to be done. These people are sucking the life out of our club.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2014, 11:10 AM
I offer you the thread title "I'd rather have TB than terry Butcher" as one that suggests the thread creators perceptions are a tad on the short-term, knee-jerk side.

I just don't see any post where folk are upset as being knee jerk, this club has gone from one disaster to another for far too long. People are rightly fed up to the back teeth, and this message board is where some let off steam.

Personally i don't have the energy to go watch Hibs much these days, but results like yesterday still get me right to the bone, and affect how i feel for ages after.

We all know butcher needs time, but results like that make it harder for him in terms of money, as more folk will give up going since our season is effectively over now.

andy1875
09-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I just don't see any post where folk are upset as being knee jerk, this club has gone from one disaster to another for far too long. People are rightly fed up to the back teeth, and this message board is where some let off steam.

Personally i don't have the energy to go watch Hibs much these days, but results like yesterday still get me right to the bone, and affect how i feel for ages after.

We all know butcher needs time, but results like that make it harder for him in terms of money, as more folk will give up going since our season is effectively over now.

Spot on Blackpool.

I have a season ticket and can't see myself going back this season. It's just one disappointment after another and yesterday was a real sore one.

Just completely fed up of season after season being "transition".

mcfly
09-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Agree with you 100% however be prepared to be shot down by
Twa cairpets

any opinion other than his is worthless apparently.

HFC 0-7
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Yes, but now we have bedwetters, bedwetting about the bedsoilers. Creating a thread to to moan about bedwetters.

Bedwetting about bedwetting, its a viscous cycle now and something that you can get pulled into without realising it would seem as the OP has become a bedwetter without realising it. :wink:

Stage 1

This team is rubbish, manager must go

Stage 2

Look at all these plums shouting for the managers head, this is out of order, they need their head read.

Stage 3

look at all these idiots shouting about how bad the people are shouting for the managers head.

Stage 4

Look at all these idiots shouting about how bad the people are that are shouting at the people that are unhappy with the manager.

Look, now even I am a bed wetter for bedwetting about all the people bedwetting about each other.

One thing is for sure, if the results get better there will be a lot less urine stained matresses out their it would seem.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 11:30 AM

This pretty much sums up where I am at with Hibs at the moment too. :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Agree with you 100% however be prepared to be shot down by
Twa cairpets
any opinion other than his is worthless apparently.

Well this one was. :dummytit:

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM

a decent side is that what you call them, they not scored a goal in 5 games then along pops up hibs and hey bingo goals galore. theyre no a decent side its us thats pish.

Onion
09-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Spot on Blackpool.

I have a season ticket and can't see myself going back this season. It's just one disappointment after another and yesterday was a real sore one.

And if this is the reaction of hardened Hibs fans, you can be sure yesterday will be the final straw for many more who have hung in there for the last few seasons. Accusations of knee jerk reactions will not stop this.

Stonewall
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Spot on Blackpool.

Well my mood yesterday was black and not improved by the Scotland Rugby team turning in a performance that was even more inept than Hibs.

Surely the point is that every season is going to be one of one of transition until such time as we can find a management team we can stick with and have a decent run at the issues facing the club. I think TB can be that man but patience and perspective is going to be required on the part of the support. I think too many people on here have a tabloid kind of attitude to the club where there isn't much ground between brilliant and f off. TC is right in essence but I think he's gone out of his way to provoke a response from the people he's aiming his criticism at and some have gone for it hook, line and sinker. Maybe that's just his way of venting his spleen.

Today moral has improved slightly and have reached the stage where I'm pissed off and worried about the state of my club. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be in a frame of mind to go and back my team again, hopefully with some sort of perspective in the latest in a long line of setbacks.

TheBruce
09-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Nobody saying it won't take time but the lack of desire shown in players performances is simply not acceptable !!

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 12:23 PM
You'd think we didn't have a shot on target. Their keeper pulled off a couple of great saves, and we hit the bar. Hardly the comprehensive defeat some on here are implying.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2014, 01:11 PM
You'd think we didn't have a shot on target. Their keeper pulled off a couple of great saves, and we hit the bar. Hardly the comprehensive defeat some on here are implying.

Maybe its just me, but any kind of defeat against a team like Raith Rovers is a real kick in the knackers, deserved or not. :boo hoo:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Maybe its just me, but any kind of defeat against a team like Raith Rovers is a real kick in the knackers, deserved or not. :boo hoo:

Its people like you with your unreasonably high expectations that are holding the club back BH!;-)

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 01:32 PM

Agreed, yet another year when we could have gone all the way - thrown away too cheaply.

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Yes, but now we have bedwetters, bedwetting about the bedsoilers. Creating a thread to to moan about bedwetters.

Bedwetting about bedwetting, its a viscous cycle now and something that you can get pulled into without realising it would seem as the OP has become a bedwetter without realising it. :wink:

Stage 1

Stage 2

Look at all these plums shouting for the managers head, this is out of order, they need their head read.

Stage 3

look at all these idiots shouting about how bad the people are shouting for the managers head.

Stage 4

Look at all these idiots shouting about how bad the people are that are shouting at the people that are unhappy with the manager.

Look, now even I am a bed wetter for bedwetting about all the people bedwetting about each other.

One thing is for sure, if the results get better there will be a lot less urine stained matresses out their it would seem.

Ah but you're confusing happy clappers who have a wee Fowkes-like seepage on the front of the auld chinos on one hand, with a full blown beige waterfall spurting from the orifices of the bedsoiler brigade on the other.

:dunno: :greengrin
**** it, its only a game. We're *****, we've pretty much always been *****. Today I'm more irritated about not being able to find any celery for my coq au vin, to be honest...

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

If it's viscous, then it sounds like bedsoiling rather than bedwetting.

hibeesjoe
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
I thought I was negative till I logged on and read some posts. We got beat by the better team on the day. I still have 100% faith in Butcher and, I hope come summer he empties almost every player on the books. We are gash but it's not his fault. Maybe this time next year we can have a moan if we are just as rubbish but until then Terry's the man for me. He must be raging with the crap he inherited. They are useless and I think he will weed out the impostors.

Caversham Green
09-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Is it worth pointing out that yesterday was the first time in more than three years that we've been put out of the Scottish Cup despite most of our ties being against SPL/Premiership teams?

Probably not, I won't bother.

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Is it worth pointing out that yesterday was the first time in more than three years that we've been put out of the Scottish Cup despite most of our ties being against SPL/Premiership teams?

Probably not, I won't bother.

Wait, is that a Bedwetter/Bedsoiler post or a Happy Clapper post?

Caversham Green
09-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Wait, is that a Bedwetter/Bedsoiler post or a Happy Clapper post?

Happy crapper, me.

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Happy crapper, me.

Sort of think things may be ok in the long run but 5hitting it that it might all go horribly wrong?

Caversham Green
09-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Sort of think things may be ok in the long run but 5hitting it that it might all go horribly wrong?

:greengrin That about covers it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 02:49 PM
The title of this thread would be a good title for a film.

hibbymick
09-02-2014, 02:50 PM
I've got a funny feeling butcher would've been a bedwetter at full time yesterday. According to reports most of his players appear to be playing to save their careers.

Butcher ya bedwetter ye :grr:

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Ah but you're confusing happy clappers who have a wee Fowkes-like seepage on the front of the auld chinos on one hand, with a full blown beige waterfall spurting from the orifices of the bedsoiler brigade on the other.

:dunno: :greengrin
**** it, its only a game. We're *****, we've pretty much always been *****. Today I'm more irritated about not being able to find any celery for my coq au vin, to be honest...No wonder you're irritated, any cook worth his salt knows that coq au vin doesn't contain celery! LTCF

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 03:03 PM
The title of this thread would be a good title for a film.

It was actually George Lucas' original title for the Phantom Menace, but at the last moment he decided to write the 'Uber Fandan' character out of the saga. A sad day for sci fi :boo hoo:

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 03:05 PM
No wonder you're irritated, any cook worth his salt knows that coq au vin doesn't contain celery! LTCF

It ****ing well does, bedwetter **** :grr:

Slowcooker recipe. Makes all the difference :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
It was actually George Lucas' original title for the Phantom Menace, but at the last moment he decided to write the 'Uber Fandan' character out of the saga. A sad day for sci fi :boohoo:

Rebels - Happy Clappers
The Empire - bedwetters

?

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-02-2014, 03:12 PM

Slowcooker recipe. Makes all the difference :aok:Too pretentious anyway, just eat your findus pancakes and beans like the rest of us - whilst trying to figure out Hibs best starting eleven! You're not fooling anyone!

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 03:12 PM
It was actually George Lucas' original title for the Phantom Menace, but at the last moment he decided to write the 'Uber Fandan' character out of the saga. A sad day for sci fi :boo hoo:

Uber Fandan wasn't written out, he was renamed Jar Jar Binks.

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Rebels - Happy Clappers
The Empire - bedwetters

?

:hmmm: maybe. With andy74 a shoo-in for Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. I get to be Mace Windu.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I gave up after Return of the Jedi, I've never heard of those punters! :-)

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
:hmmm: maybe. With andy74 a shoo-in for Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. I get to be Mace Windu.

All I can say is that those two characters must have been helluva fans of Pat Fenlon.

HoboHarry
09-02-2014, 03:46 PM

Slowcooker recipe. Makes all the difference :aok:
Celery is up there with Brussels Sprouts in the nastiness league. Horrid stuff.......

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 04:22 PM

We've gone from being consistently mediocre for 40 years to being inconsistently mediocre. Anyone who truly expects anything else from watching Hibs redefines optimism. Sad fact but true. However, acknowledging that the last 6-7 years have seen a litany of lows, occasioned at least in part by bad decision making at board/management level, when we do have a manager who seems to know what he's doing, if at the first downturn we start howling form the rooftops then fine, let of steam, but does it have to be so bloody unthinkingly stupid?

As for "not going back" our season has almost always effectively over at this stage by this criteria for decades.

Nobody saying it won't take time but the lack of desire shown in players performances is simply not acceptable !!
I didn't see lack of effort, I just saw a still dysfunctional team stuggling to play the way the new manager wants.

Well my mood yesterday was black and not improved by the Scotland Rugby team turning in a performance that was even more inept than Hibs.

Surely the point is that every season is going to be one of one of transition until such time as we can find a management team we can stick with and have a decent run at the issues facing the club. I think TB can be that man but patience and perspective is going to be required on the part of the support. I think too many people on here have a tabloid kind of attitude to the club where there isn't much ground between brilliant and f off. TC is right in essence but I think he's gone out of his way to provoke a response from the people he's aiming his criticism at and some have gone for it hook, line and sinker. Maybe that's just his way of venting his spleen.

You know me too well... :wink:

a decent side is that what you call them, they not scored a goal in 5 games then along pops up hibs and hey bingo goals galore. theyre no a decent side its us thats pish.
No, I said "Decent side on the day" Thats a very different meaning, but please don't let it interrupt your anger.

OK then, pitiful is what TB called the performance, so lets go with the official line. And when talking of garbage, this thread is right up there with the best of them Cool. Thanks for dropping by. Keep smiling now.

Shocking post.

I thought it was quite good myself - a mild rebuke for your bewetting tendencies in response to my attention seeking ones, but you do seem to be very easily infuriated.
As for the latter, if people spout p!sh, I reserve the right to respond anyway I like, if that's ok with you?

Blah blah blah to all of the above and the other threads! But the lack of heart that the team has shown is unacceptable ! On the field and in the dug out !! TB is the man for the job but being good in the press conference will only get him so far! We haven't led a team since tannadice at beginning of Jan! We have conceded 10 goals in three games ! Brilliant calling everyone who's not happy a fan Dan but it's simply not good enough!! On top of all that we don't have an on field captain, all Craig wants to do is moan to referees that he didn't get a free kick the last time he ****ed up another backwards unambitious pass! I played highland league for 8 years plus I have my coaching badges so I know more about football than most but nobody in yesterday's team would have got pass marks!! FACT
:faf:

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
We've gone from being consistently mediocre for 40 years to being inconsistently mediocre. Anyone who truly expects anything else from watching Hibs redefines optimism. Sad fact but true. However, acknowledging that the last 6-7 years have seen a litany of lows, occasioned at least in part by bad decision making at board/management level, when we do have a manager who seems to know what he's doing, if at the first downturn we start howling form the rooftops then fine, let of steam, but does it have to be so bloody unthinkingly stupid?

As for "not going back" our season has almost always effectively over at this stage by this criteria for decades.

While what most of what you say is true, we do hanker for the good days and judge most things on them.

Only in 2007 we had a great crop of players, in fact a team we were all mostly proud of. And with success brings higher expectations, and fans not accepting the inevitable drift back to mediocrity and indeed poor players and teams.

I dont agree with the unthinkable stupidity, but they really are in the minority. Most folk are just pissed off week after week, then we get a glimmer of hope only to be booted square in the baws again.

The 2005-2007 team were something that should have been built on, but it never happened, remember we could attract 14k to 15k regularly. Its a lot harder to build a team with less than 10k coming through the door.

I know the very good players were always going to be sold, but we replaced them with absolute dross, lots of dross.

Basically we have pissed a lot of people off for too long, you can only do it so often before they get annoyed.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2014, 04:59 PM
While what most of what you say is true, we do hanker for the good days and judge most things on them.

Only in 2007 we had a great crop of players, in fact a team we were all mostly proud of. And with success brings higher expectations, and fans not accepting the inevitable drift back to mediocrity and indeed poor players and teams.

I dont agree with the unthinkable stupidity, but they really are in the minority. Most folk are just pissed off week after week, then we get a glimmer of hope only to be booted square in the baws again.

The 2005-2007 team were something that should have been built on, but it never happened, remember we could attract 14k to 15k regularly. Its a lot harder to build a team with less than 10k coming through the door.

I know the very good players were always going to be sold, but we replaced them with absolute dross, lots of dross.

Basically we have pissed a lot of people off for too long, you can only do it so often before they get annoyed.

Agree with that. I think people should also take in to consideration the state of the league. Yes we haven't exactly been world beaters over the last 30 or 40 years but the competition was also a lot stronger than it is at the moment. We are constantly told about our wonderful facilities and that we are as competitive financially as anyone outside Celtic, Rangers and previously Hearts. When you add that together I think it accounts for a hell of a lot of the frustration.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Agree with that. I think people should also take in to consideration the state of the league. Yes we haven't exactly been world beaters over the last 30 or 40 years but the competition was also a lot stronger than it is at the moment. We are constantly told about our wonderful facilities and that we are as competitive financially as anyone outside Celtic, Rangers and previously Hearts. When you add that together I think it accounts for a hell of a lot of the frustration.

I think we might even be more financially competitive than Hearts, if that helps your argument.

Stevo1875
09-02-2014, 05:08 PM

well said!

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Today moral has improved slightly and have reached the stage where I'm pissed off and worried about the state of my club. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be in a frame of mind to go and back my team again, hopefully with some sort of perspective in the latest in a long line of setbacks.
Maybe so but his arrogant and self righteous responses to other posters on here are totally uncalled for. It makes you wonder why someone so disinterested in other peoples opinion wants to be part of this forum far less pay to be part of the private members site. If it was left to people like him we would all sit quietly and listen to his opinion, accept it as fact and live peacefully in Stepford.

Fergus52
09-02-2014, 05:47 PM

behave

Fergus52
09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Maybe so but his arrogant and self righteous responses to other posters on here are totally uncalled for. It makes you wonder why someone so disinterested in other peoples opinion wants to be part of this forum far less pay to be part of the private members site. If it was left to people like him we would all sit quietly and listen to his opinion, accept it as fact and live peacefully in Stepford.

Direct me to them?

have a word with yourself, there's no need for your aggression. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Erm , I do pay to be part of the PM board, don't quite get your point, but hey ho.

I think you probably mean uninterested rather than disinterested by the way, and as it happens I am interested in peoples opinions. If you look above there have been some pretty civil exchanges with a couple of people who've made thought out points. That's what I think forums are for.

As for your last sentence, I love it how you extrapolate your knee-jerk analysis of what I've posted into a rather sniffily dismissive little dig at something I've never said and don't believe. I would love ER to be bouncin every week while we watch great football and win more than we lose, challenging for a decent league position and cups. As it happens, I think we are in the best position since Mogga to do this with Butcher if we give him time. I think we're more likely to achieve success if as a collective support we don't at every defeat turn it into a melodrama.

There have been some good points made after the game on .net about shape, changing too late, players having poor games, all of which is true. Guys coming on .net and ripping into (this weekend) Harris, the defence, TB/MM, Collins, Stevenson are serving no useful purpose. I do accept that there is some genuine venting - Blackpool makes good points on this thread, as does Nailrod, but there are undoubtedly some guys here and elsewhere who are either (a) Jambos on the troll, (b) incredibly dim bulbs, or (c) fans for whom a defeat means the club have committed acts of deep betrayal on a par with drowning their kittens, and really need to settle down with a nice malt while they find a sense of perspective.

Chump
09-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Is there anyone else you spoke to in the park whilst they were in their nappies?? If so you should maybe tell the chief scout so we could go and sign him as you sound like just what we need at Hibs!!

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Sounds like a big improvement to me...

One Day Soon
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Erm , I do pay to be part of the PM board, don't quite get your point, but hey ho.

I think you probably mean uninterested rather than disinterested by the way, and as it happens I am interested in peoples opinions. If you look above there have been some pretty civil exchanges with a couple of people who've made thought out points. That's what I think forums are for.

As for your last sentence, I love it how you extrapolate your knee-jerk analysis of what I've posted into a rather sniffily dismissive little dig at something I've never said and don't believe. I would love ER to be bouncin every week while we watch great football and win more than we lose, challenging for a decent league position and cups. As it happens, I think we are in the best position since Mogga to do this with Butcher if we give him time. I think we're more likely to achieve success if as a collective support we don't at every defeat turn it into a melodrama.

There have been some good points made after the game on .net about shape, changing too late, players having poor games, all of which is true. Guys coming on .net and ripping into (this weekend) Harris, the defence, TB/MM, Collins, Stevenson are serving no useful purpose. I do accept that there is some genuine venting - Blackpool makes good points on this thread, as does Nailrod, but there are undoubtedly some guys here and elsewhere who are either (a) Jambos on the troll, (b) incredibly dim bulbs, or (c) fans for whom a defeat means the club have committed acts of deep betrayal on a par with drowning their kittens, and really need to settle down with a nice malt while they find a sense of perspective.

This. That. Perhaps also ENDOF.

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Is there anyone else you spoke to in the park whilst they were in their nappies?? If so you should maybe tell the chief scout so we could go and sign him as you sound like just what we need at Hibs!!
:greengrin Good laddie is Ross Laidlaw. Still only 21 I think, he played for me for the first year of 11-a-sides at Under 13 (and soccer sevens for a while before that). He went to Falkirk pro-youth, got released when he was 15 or 16, then got snapped up by Raith. Genuinely weird to see him play in a senior game yesterday - thought he had a great game as well, sadly.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 07:11 PM

I take you back to my previous post that has been deleted and precede it with sanctimonious

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Direct me to them?

have a word with yourself, there's no need for your aggression. You're just embarrassing yourself.
You just need to read this thread and I don't feel any sense of embarrassment

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I take you back to my previous post that has been deleted and precede it with sanctimonious

Yeah, ok. Have a nice night now sweetpea, grown ups are talking. (May as well live up to the billing, eh?)

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah, ok. Have a nice night now sweetpea, grown ups are talking. (May as well live up to the billing, eh?)
Yeah you may as well

hibsbollah
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Who are you in Star Wars though?

Twa Cairpets
09-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Who are you in Star Wars though?

Yoda, obviously I am

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Yoda, obviously I am

Au contraire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31A1WbkeD2I

PapillonVert
09-02-2014, 08:07 PM

I agree that we Hi-bees have high expectations which have been sorely dented over recent years.

I thought and still think that TB is the man to take us forward. I have thought for some time that we have an issue with the players and not necessarily the manager in that this seems to be an easy number for players who can treat their so-called job as a well-paid hobby and basically just turn up and get paid pocket money to go out boozing and clubbing (I know, I know just me and my impression).

People keep saying that manager after manager has no idea about "tactics". What if it's not the manager who has no idea but the players who are either not interested or just not capable (or both)? I can't believe that we can bring in so many managers and basically appoint a new one every eighteen months and yet get it wrong every time. The fact that this keeps happening points to issues that need to be resolved elsewhere and not in the manager's office. I have said this before. There is something amiss with the player culture at ER and that is what needs to be sorted IMO.

My current view is that I am willing to give TB and his team more time. If someone like TB ends up being sacked or walking then I really will believe we are beyond help.