PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene tonight at 10:30... Anyone watching?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Anyone gonna watch...

Flanny boy
08-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Anyone gonna watch...
No thanks :embarrass

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Nope.

Scottie
08-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Nut. So hacked off I'm off ta bed :bye:

SteveHFC
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Sadly aye :(

eastterrace
08-02-2014, 10:28 PM
do i have to watch it. i probably will as i want to see if ben williams really moved as slow as i thought for there third goal. or was it an optical illusion

AFKA5814_Hibs
Like Jim Bowen lets see what you would have won.

hibee_girl
I'm taping it, want to see their 2nd goal again.

Wisdo
08-02-2014, 10:49 PM
:confused::grr:

ColintonHibs
08-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Wtf its on for an hour and 10 mins and they've spent the first 30 talking about celtic!!!!

iwasthere1972
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm Tivoing it to watch later. Might even stick it on a DVD.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Watching MotD on English BBC1. Whilst posting on here.

cleanyman
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Some header for the third goal

Thecat23
Watching that thought their keeper kept them in it.

Barney McGrew
Can't see why the ref allowed their second to stand. Touch comes off a Raith player and linesman flags for offside (which he clearly looked to be).

Lino in perfect line to make the call and the ref ignores it. Bizarre.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Some header for the third goal

Was Williams at fault? He looked very slow to react to it.

Biggie
08-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Highlights ?.....why not show the penalty incident at the end ?

cleanyman
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM

He looks a wee bit slow but its some flick.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Watching that thought their keeper kept them in it.

Even without watching the highlights I know that some of our attacking play was excellent today - however we didn't do it enough due to too many aimless high balls being played. Raith exploited the deficiencies in our set up and nothing was done to change it.

No Celtic left, and Dumbarton and Albion Rovers through to the last 8. Sickening.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:13 PM
He looks a wee bit slow but its some flick.

Cheers. Did look like a good header at the time, but was amazed it went in, given Williams positioning.

Wotherspiniesta
08-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Can't see why the ref allowed their second to stand. Touch comes off a Raith player and linesman flags for offside (which he clearly looked to be).

Absolute joke decision.

We dinny half get some shocking decisions against us.

Posh Swanny
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Poor performance aside, two of those three goals for Raith were spawny as ****. Despite what Pat Nevin and Michael Stewart say, the Raith guy clearly flicked on the ball for the second goal and there's no way the boy meant that third goal - he's as surprised as anyone when he turns to see it nestle in the net.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Our attacking play when we get it to feet is very good.

Our attacking play when we hoof it is terrible.

The less said about our defence the better.

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Watching MotD on English BBC1. Whilst posting on here.

:agree: likewise...while having a libation

oconnors_strip
After watching their second goal about 5 times now and slowing it down and looking at stills the raith player is offside and the balls is definitely played on by a player wearing red

Stevie Reid
:agree: likewise...while having a libation

Likewise :greengrin

Spike Mandela
08-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Pat Nevin declared categorically it came off Liam Craig but having rewatched it several times I just can't see it touch Craig. Should have been offside imo.

What is wit ith all the Hibs baiting? The gratuitous 5-1 mention, goading Nevin about 113 years and pointing out Hibs fans leaving early? Definitely a Jambo on the editorial staff methinks.

Really amateurish stuff compared to Match of the day.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 11:25 PM
What is Williams doing for the 3rd????? Slow to react and positioning was awful.

Thecat23
08-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Even without watching the highlights I know that some of our attacking play was excellent today - however we didn't do it enough due to too many aimless high balls being played. Raith exploited the deficiencies in our set up and nothing was done to change it.

No Celtic left, and Dumbarton and Albion Rovers through to the last 8. Sickening.

Yeah it's defo a sore one to take that's for sure. Cup loses always are!

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Yeah it's defo a sore one to take that's for sure. Cup loses always are!

The fact that Albion or Dumbarton could feasibly get to the semis makes it even worse!

StevieC
08-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Highlights ?.....why not show the penalty incident at the end ?

That's the only reason I watched the highlights, and they never showed it!

Anyone down that end get a good look at it?

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:31 PM

I was in the middle of the East and know that the Raith player slid in and didn't get near the ball!

J-C
08-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Seen it a few minutes ago on Sky, Williams did his usual scaredy cat impersonation when he saw the goalpost out of the corner of his eye, also nearly lost us a 4th when he sh4t himself when the Raith lad was clean through.

ehf
08-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Could not face the highlights but could anyone that did confirm that Forster was instrumental in Raith's first and third goals?

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Could not face the highlights but could anyone that did confirm that Forster was instrumental in Raith's first and third goals?

Haven't watched them but know he was easily beaten for both. Think Taiwo had a poor clearance for the first and was more culpable though.

Bishop Hibee
08-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Seen it a few minutes ago on Sky, Williams did his usual scaredy cat impersonation when he saw the goalpost out of the corner of his eye, also nearly lost us a 4th when he sh4t himself when the Raith lad was clean through.

Disagree. Top corner for the third and the only keeper in Scotland who would have saved it is Fraser Foster because of his hight and ability. The 'near' 4th, I thought he did the right thing and came off his line and put the player off and he missed. If he's stayed in the box the guy would have run in and slotted it past him. I agree Williams would have looked daft if it had went in but what he did worked.

Their second was definitely offside. I could see it a mile at the time and it's obviously off the Raith player's head on TV. No idea what Nevin was on about and Sportscene is totally Mickey Mouse with its coverage and analysis.

Chance-wise, we should have had a draw but Raith were the better team for most of the game.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 11:54 PM

:agree: Terrible decision.

I've never understood how a referee can overrule an assistant for an offside decision.

LancsHibs
09-02-2014, 12:02 AM

I was in the FF and a more blatant penalty I have never seen! I still can't believe we have lost that game.

hibs4thecup1988
09-02-2014, 12:04 AM
I was in the FF and a more blatant penalty I have never seen! I still can't believe we have lost that game.

Guy got the ball.

ehf
09-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Haven't watched them but know he was easily beaten for both. Think Taiwo had a poor clearance for the first and was more culpable though.

Just watched the highlights. At the first goal, Forster just lets Cardle waltz past him into the box - doesn't even make a token challenge. At the third, Forster gives the ball straight to a Raith player, who feeds Cardle. Again, Forster doesn't even try a leg to win it back.

Totally unacceptable, at any level.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Just watched the highlights. At the first goal, Forster just lets Cardle waltz past him into the box - doesn't even make a token challenge. At the third, Forster gives the ball straight to a Raith player, who feeds Cardle. Again, Forster doesn't even try a leg to win it back.

Totally unacceptable, at any level.

Forster is never a right back.

Jones28
09-02-2014, 12:10 PM
What is Williams doing for the 3rd????? Slow to react and positioning was awful.

I would have done the same as Williams. The scorer is going for the flick on, it was spawny as ****. Williams is moving across to account for the other raith player it looked like the ball was going to.

There's no way in hell that he meant that goal.

lumbo_hfc
09-02-2014, 12:39 PM
I would have done the same as Williams. The scorer is going for the flick on, it was spawny as ****. Williams is moving across to account for the other raith player it looked like the ball was going to.

There's no way in hell that he meant that goal.

No way he meant that goal!!???!! What was he trying to do like? Get out the way of it?? Great header, even if it was the back of his head

steviehibsleith
09-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Agreed and Stevenson is never a left back. In light of the blatantly obvious why is there any surprise our defence is terrible.

ehf
09-02-2014, 01:19 PM

Neither am I, but I would have at least put in a challenge. Forster didn't even try.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Neither am I, but I would have at least put in a challenge. Forster didn't even try.

I know, i know...

Andy74
09-02-2014, 01:20 PM

Yeah. Presume we have that on the list for the summer. Having let two go in the window, and rightly, we could have done with one. Note sure Boateng is a natural right back.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Yeah. Presume we have that on the list for the summer. Having let two go in the window, and rightly, we could have done with one. Note sure Boateng is a natural right back.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2014, 01:30 PM

Maybe let 2 go but they were hardly 1st team boys - Not sure Clancy would've been fit enough to stand in or if Mullen would've still been on the park.

Smiggy 7-0
09-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Could not face the highlights but could anyone that did confirm that Forster was instrumental in Raith's first and third goals?Defo the first, should have clattered Cardle long before, looked S**** scared to tackle. Pen claim near end, 50/50 think, no way that ref was giving us anything anyhow.

kaimendhibs
09-02-2014, 01:41 PM
For the first goal foster was posted missing, it was Nelson covering over who cradle skinned. The 2nd was offside and the 3rd was down to foster giving the ball away

Sent from my iphone