PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:18 PM
What's happened?

Has he been rushed back to soon? If so, is that an act of desperation on the part of the management team?

Since his return he has looked less of a threat than the great Matt Done. So, so poor and it's a real shame to watch him suffer on the park like he is.

Surely he needs to be dropped for his own, and the teams, sake?

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 09:20 PM
What's happened?

Has he been rushed back to soon? If so, is that an act of desperation on the part of the management team?

Since his return he has looked less of a threat than the great Matt Done. So, so poor and it's a real shame to watch him suffer on the park like he is.

I actually agree with TheCat on this one (probably the first time ever):greengrin think he should have been loaned out.

erskine-hibby
He must be doing it in training or he wouldn't get picked.

Tricla
Has he no played about 2 and a half games or something like that.

Jeez.

This is typical of the irrational torrent we've had this evening.

Shrekko
08-02-2014, 09:21 PM
What's happened?

A section of the crowd are getting on his back as well. He needs taken out the firing line for a bit.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:23 PM

Jeez.

It's not irrational at all (I can do irrational if you like :greengrin)

He's been very poor since his return. I simply ask the question as to whether he is ready or not?

To me, it looks not as he's a shadow of the player we saw when he made his bow.

thebakerboy
08-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Agree think he probably could do with having a rest from 1st. team for a few weeks , just isn't back yet but class will out given time.

weonlywon6-2
08-02-2014, 09:25 PM
A section of the crowd are getting on his back as well. He needs taken out the firing line for a bit.

nah,keep chucking him in,the only way he will get better is by playing against strong opposition

oconnors_strip
08-02-2014, 09:26 PM
It's not irrational at all (I can do irrational if you like :greengrin)

He's been very poor since his return. I simply ask the question as to whether he is ready or not?

To me, it looks not as he's a shadow of the player we saw when he made his bow.

I think boozy has lost a lot of his playing confidence after being out injured for so long. It was his first major injury in his career and no doubt it has effected him. He didn't even get to play any under 20s or bounce games before coming straight back in to the first team which probably hasn't helped either.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2014, 09:27 PM
He's been poor since his return and he was poor in most games before his injury nothing has changed. Expectations of this lad are far too high based on a couple of good games.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
I think boozy has lost a lot of his playing confidence after being out injured for so long. It was his first major injury in his career and no doubt it has effected him. He didn't even get to play any under 20s or bounce games before coming straight back in to the first team which probably hasn't helped either.

This.

When he was out, loads of folk longed for his return. He needs time and I think a sub position for a game or two might help.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM

Is that right? If so, then that will explain a lot, as asking a kid to step back right into the 1st team after the best part of 6 months out is a very big ask.

The Sea-gull
08-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Classic case of a young lad coming in and doing well in an under performing team meaning that he seemed better than he is. His injury will have set him back and I would think he would benefit from us signing a more experienced winger in the summer and playing understudy to him next season.

He's still too young to judge either way but there is definitely potential there. Right now that's all there is and we shouldn't expect too much from him.

oconnors_strip
08-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Is that right? If so, then that will explain a lot, as asking a kid to step back right into the 1st team after the best part of 6 months out is a very big ask.

Aye it's right! The under 20s were in turkey for 2 weeks so there was no games for Alex to play in

eastterrace
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM

Jeez.

you got to admit tho he has been piss poor. must say stanton looks a far better prospect. hope harris gets back to what he was but when you look at watmore beaten players maybe young alex is no as good as we all thought.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 10:37 PM
The guy has been injured since the opening day of the season and has only played like 5 and a half games or so. Obviously his confidence is going to be very low after missing so much football. He's been rushed right back into the 1st team and just expected to pick up from where he left off from last season.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 10:38 PM
you got to admit tho he has been piss poor. must say stanton looks a far better prospect. hope harris gets back to what he was but when you look at watmore beaten players maybe young alex is no as good as we all thought.

Or maybe we're expecting too much of him

mikey987654321
08-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.

The_Horde
08-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Jesus Christ the boy has had a bad couple of games. He looks low on confidence and that will only come with games. He'll be back to his best soon if you just lay off him ffs.

Hibby Mike
08-02-2014, 10:46 PM
How good was watmore today though. Nineteen, a loanee and showed the rest of the Hibs regulars how to play a part. Thought he was excellent when he had the ball at his feet today....Harris needs a few under 21 games to get his mojo back..

erin go bragh
08-02-2014, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=mikey987654321;3902067]Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.[/
Thats my thinking also Mikey . Hopefully with Baltmore doing the damage on the other side , AH will regain his confidance and start doing the damage on the left .

Ggtth

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Absolutely no worries about Harris at all - has huge potential, and is currently trying to regain his confidence after a major injury (and major surgery) very early into his career.

He was excellent before his injury, and will be again. Did he not get an assist today, incidentally?

Hermit Crab
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM
What's happened?

Give him a 3 year deal and he turns *****. Strange eh.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I should add that I think Harris' lack of confidence in one on ones today may well have been to do with some of the shocking treatment dished out to Watmore on the other flank.

oconnors_strip
08-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Give him a 3 year deal and he turns *****. Strange eh.

A player can't turn **** over night. The BOY has gone through a lot over the past few months, as I said earlier this was his first big injury. It's not just physically a player has to recover and do rehab, it's also in the mind. His confidence has taken a big knock and he will be having to re-train his brain in going in to tackles and having the belief he can do things again

He would be playing the same wether he had signed a 3 year deal or not

matty_f
08-02-2014, 11:35 PM
He definitely looks like some of that belief and confidence that was very evident in the semi final last season has been lost. Hopefully he recovers that soon, because Hibs need Harris at the top of his game.

J-C
08-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Is the pressure getting to him maybe, he was the talk of ER last year and was hyped up, maybe too much and he's not quite ready for a permanent starting berth, could be better if he has a few sub appearances this next few weeks to get his confidence back.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
He definitely looks like some of that belief and confidence that was very evident in the semi final last season has been lost. Hopefully he recovers that soon, because Hibs need Harris at the top of his game.

I honestly think he will be okay in time - his pace alone is a huge asset in the SPL, but he can deliver a cross too. Did he get a corner assist today or was that Craig? Think corner was Craig's side actually.

matty_f
08-02-2014, 11:40 PM
I honestly think he will be okay in time - his pace alone is a huge asset in the SPL, but he can deliver a cross too. Did he get a corner assist today or was that Craig? Think corner was Craig's side actually.

I hope you're right mate. :agree:

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I've watched him closely for last 3 years - he will easily be our next big thing, easily.

He lost his dad yet still had strength and character to come good - those judging him harshly, Jesus, give me strength. Do those that criticise Alex actually play football or have any past in football ?

The boy is a TALENT !!!!! A big talent at that.

J-C
08-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I've watched him closely for last 3 years - he will easily be our next big thing, easily.

He lost his dad yet still had strength and character to come good - those judging him harshly, Jesus, give me strength. Do those that criticise Alex actually play football or have any past in football ?

The boy is a TALENT !!!!! A big talent at that.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, they're just saying he needs a wee break and time on the bench won't harm him.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you, they're just saying he needs a wee break and time on the bench won't harm him.

I think he'll get it now we have other options. I've no doubt that TB's man management skills are going to be good for this situation.

northern-hibee
09-02-2014, 12:04 AM
One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many times

Stevie Reid
09-02-2014, 12:05 AM
One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many times

Deary me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Needs a few under 20's games to get up to full fitness. Hopefully plays in the mini derby!

MSK
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many timesDeary ****ing me..Ive read some utter garbage on these forums throughout the years but your post is way up there wi the best o them ...

mcfly
09-02-2014, 12:06 PM
What a lot of rubbish Alex Harris is just back from a major injury.

Along with Stanton these guys are going to move to bigger clubs and make hibs a lot of money.

The worst performances yesterday were down to the experienced players starting with the captain.

hibIBZ
09-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Sometimes it looks like he is more concerned with not getting injured/taking a hard challenge than keeping the ball. Think his injury is maybe playing on his mind during games.

Have to agree with this. He looks low on confidence and is a bit scared of rough challenges. Needs to get that spark back and needs to get it out his head that every challenge is going to injure him. He has got the ability IMO just needs to get his head up and get a bit of confidence. Maybe a few u20s or bounce games would help

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Collect your flan on the way out, do not pass Go, do not collect £200.

Weststandwanab
09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
One trick pony, opposition have sussed him out, time for a loan spell, 2nd, 3rd div team, never to be heard of again, seen it so many timesAre you on mind bending drugs ? If not perhaps you should consider some !

FranckSuzy
09-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Oh aye, as you always come back from a serious, long term injury as Messi right enough :rolleyes: FFS.....

EskbankHibee
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Why is there even a thread on Harris? Clearly a brilliant prospect and he will have a great career. Why would anyone put the boot into our most promising youngster?

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 01:54 PM
he's had a bad injury and doesn't look close to the pace he had previously.

a wee break in the u20's to get his confidence back will do him fine.

Smiggy 7-0
09-02-2014, 02:07 PM
he's had a bad injury and doesn't look close to the pace he had previously.

a wee break in the u20's to get his confidence back will do him fine.Agree, needs more time to get up to speed, missing the same thing as most of the team....CONFIDENCE

Keith_M
09-02-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't think there's been anything wrong with him.

I think some people had expected a Pele like figure when he returned but he is what he is, a promising youngster who had one really good game.

Too much high expectation for my liking.

Brizo
09-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I don't think there's been anything wrong with him.

I think some people had expected a Pele like figure when he returned but he is what he is, a promising youngster who had one really good game.

Too much high expectation for my liking.

:agree:

Because of the general absence of flair players coming through in the Scottish game anyone who looks like they can beat a defender and has a bit of skill gets hyped out of all proportion. It happened to Alex after essentially one game and it happened to the Dundee Utd laddies this season.

I think Alex is an excellent prospect but if people expect him to come back in after a serious injury and turn in match winning performances that's mental. He remains nothing more than a prospect who wont be helped by unrealistic expectations.

If Watmore doesn't jink past a few players next Saturday I expect the internet backlash to start against him round about the final whistle.

DaveF
09-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Why is there even a thread on Harris? Clearly a brilliant prospect and he will have a great career. Why would anyone put the boot into our most promising youngster?

I was hardly putting the boot in by starting a thread!

He's one our most promising players but since his return I don't think he's done enough to merit a starting jersey and asked the question on what is a fans forum.

offshorehibby
09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I've been saying for ages before he came back from injury that a lot of people on here were expecting far to much from a youngster coming back from a serious injury. I've always said it will be next season before Alex is back to his best.I would have sent him off to Turkey with the U20's

The clamour on here to get him back playing ASAP and people coming out with statements that he's ***** is absolutely ridiculous.

Stax
09-02-2014, 04:27 PM
F*** me, there's some pish spouted on here but you take top prize for that. Far to much pressure / expectation on him even before his injury. :rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Too many people expect too much of him, he's only a young lad!!

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 04:31 PM

Because of the general absence of flair players coming through in the Scottish game anyone who looks like they can beat a defender and has a bit of skill gets hyped out of all proportion. It happened to Alex after essentially one game and it happened to the Dundee Utd laddies this season.

I think Alex is an excellent prospect but if people expect him to come back in after a serious injury and turn in match winning performances that's mental. He remains nothing more than a prospect who wont be helped by unrealistic expectations.

If Watmore doesn't jink past a few players next Saturday I expect the internet backlash to start against him round about the final whistle.

the difference is mate watmore will jink past a few players next week , but harris just isnt up to that standard yet, like i said earlier maybe he is not as good as we all thought at the time. a bit like stevenson when he had man of the match award he never really lived up to it did he.

Thecat23
09-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I actually agree with TheCat on this one (probably the first time ever):greengrin think he should have been loaned out.

Oi you saying I usually talk crap? :D

I do think a loan would have helped him to be honest. Folk think the injury has hampered him but he wasn't playing well at all long before the injury and looked a shadow of the player he was when first breaking into the first team.

Hope he finds his form again soon.

Wotherspiniesta
09-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Oi you saying I usually talk crap? :D

I do think a loan would have helped him to be honest. Folk think the injury has hampered him but he wasn't playing well at all long before the injury and looked a shadow of the player he was when first breaking into the first team.

Hope he finds his form again soon.

That's a few times I've heard this on here. When? He was injured in the first domestic game of the season was he not? Falkirk was his best game for Hibs to date obviously and that was the 7th last game of last season. He scored in the game against Killie that got abandoned in the fourth last game of the season, and seem to remember him playing well against Hearts at the wongadome after that. So when was this period "long before the injury" :confused:

He has lost a bit of his confidence, but its to be expected after such a long spell out. Give him a few weeks and he'll get it back.

Brizo
09-02-2014, 04:51 PM
the difference is mate watmore will jink past a few players next week , but harris just isnt up to that standard yet, like i said earlier maybe he is not as good as we all thought at the time. a bit like stevenson when he had man of the match award he never really lived up to it did he.

I hope you are right about Watmore. Ill wait to see if he can jink through SPFL defences on a consistent basis before being as confident as you about his abilities. Ideal outcome will be if Alex fulfils his potential and Watmore can do what he did against RR to SPFL defenders.

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 05:12 PM
I hope you are right about Watmore. Ill wait to see if he can jink through SPFL defences on a consistent basis before being as confident as you about his abilities. Ideal outcome will be if Alex fulfils his potential and Watmore can do what he did against RR to SPFL defenders.

yes that would be good if they both could jink pass defenders lets hope they do just that.

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 05:14 PM

exactly