PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup this year

Spike Mandela
08-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Why is it always years that Rangers, Celtic or Hearts are strong that we have a good run in the cup and meet them in the final? This would be a great year to get a run to the final with a great chance of meeting equal or lesser teams. Blew it big style, again:cb

Bristolhibby
08-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Aberdeen would **** us IMO.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 08:53 PM
We have no chance of ever winning this cup.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 08:59 PM

Never mind Aberdeen, 2nd division Sevco would hammer us as well.

ehf
08-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Never mind Aberdeen, 2nd division Sevco would hammer us as well.

Albion Rovers would pump that bunch of cowards.

The Sea-gull
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM

There's the danger that would have happened. St Johnstone, Dundee United and ICT would all probably beat us, maybe St Mirren and Rangers as well too so it's not like our name was on the cup but I would have thought we would have had a reasonable chance of beating anyone left on our day and with Celtic being out is a major obstacle taken away and going out today was definitely one of the better opportunities we have missed in the last 112 years.

We could have got Albion Rovers or Dumbarton and if we had, we would at least got another semi final to look forward too which would have kept the season going a bit.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Hibs could beat every team 10-0 and then play the worst side in the history of football in the final and we'd lose. We just have to accept our SC run to destinded to end in failure.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 09:12 PM
There's the danger that would have happened. St Johnstone, Dundee United and ICT would all probably beat us, maybe St Mirren and Rangers as well too so it's not like our name was on the cup but I would have thought we would have had a reasonable chance of beating anyone left on our day and with Celtic being out is a major obstacle taken away and going out today was definitely one of the better opportunities we have missed in the last 112 years.

We could have got Albion Rovers or Dumbarton and if we had, we would at least got another semi final to look forward too which would have kept the season going a bit.

I understand your point. The thing is though, if we somehow managed to steal a victory from under Raith Rovers' noses today after putting in a horrendous performance like the one we all witnessed this afternoon then I wouldn't be looking forward to the quarters whether we got Albion Rovers, Dumbarton, Sevco, Aberdeen.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm no that bothered about it now, who cares.

Wheat Hound
08-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I hope Butcher doesn't just give up on the cup because of past failures. Today was as bad an exit as I can recall (and I've seen a good number of horror shows) but I can only hope Butcher uses today as motivation to completely revamp our team / club in the summer and attempt to rid us of the perennial bottle merchant ethos.

geordielad
08-02-2014, 09:31 PM
I'm no that bothered about it now, who cares.

Tbh I hope you are joking! Because that is a shocking post!

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Tbh I hope you are joking! Because that is a shocking post!

Which part. The part where I have watched Hibs for 30 years and I am past caring defeat after defeat.

Hibby Mike
08-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Man the bollocks up you losers..now and again you get turfed out of a cup comp by lower opposition. It's happend to all. Go'an the friggin Hibees! Put the wrist slashing nonsense away. At least we've not been shafted by some Lithuanian submariner dickhead who doesn't even have the common decency to show his face in public anymore, like the procalimed hero the vast majority of them think he has been. The deluded masses from the pub team territory plead blindness, with the begging bowl cast blatantly outstretched in hand, reeked in a Gary Locke 2:50am bird's urine. Hibees boys and girls, Hibees. Not will you find a better word uttered. GGTTH.

geordielad
08-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Which part. The part where I have watched Hibs for 30 years and I am past caring defeat after defeat.

Exactly you never ever are past caring! You may watch crap at times but you always support and care!

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Personally I don't think there's anyone stopping the mighty Raith now :duck:

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Exactly you never ever are past caring! You may watch crap at times but you always support and care!

What I probably meant was I was past bothering cause we'd lost so many times in this position rather than past caring if that means right.