PDA

View Full Version : Team vs County

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Team vs County? It's clear some players need dropped and Craig is definitely one of them. Get Robertson & Thommo in for starters.

AL-Qaholik
08-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Who cares? Season's over.

dastardly8
08-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Boateng in for Nelson, Thomson and Robertson in midfield and Haynes and Collins up front. Watmore on the right and Stevenson on the left. Hopefully Mcgivern's back at left back. New right back required.

scuttle
08-02-2014, 06:40 PM
It really isn't, we have plenty to play for.

Yeah ,avoiding the play off spot but that's about it

Nevi_SOL
08-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Williams needs dropped aswell, 100% p!sh today along with Collins

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 06:48 PM
It really isn't, we have plenty to play for.

What?

The only thing we have to play for now is trying to avoid the play-off spot.

Six points separate us and Partick Thistle, who are currently 11th.

coldingham hibs
08-02-2014, 06:52 PM
The team today had far too many young & limited experience players. Are we trying to compete in the age stakes with Hearts?.

I'm all for breaking one or two in but 4,5,6 is just too much.

Raith probably had more experience in their team today.

Incidently I thought the Raith number 5 was excellent, won every header and looked solid.

S4uzee
08-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Who gives a toss

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Williams

Boateng
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Thomson

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton

Haynes
Heffernan

Steven_Hibs
08-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Incidently I thought the Raith number 5 was excellent, won every header and looked solid.

Aye due to our consistent long ball game. Utter utter shocking

Potty78
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
One up front at home? No thanks!

hibee_girl
Williams?

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton
Harris

Collins

Why drop Taiwo? He's done nothing wrong in the last 2 games?

BOB MARLEYS DUG

He wasn't that good today IMO.

dunfyhibby
08-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Thought Harris was very poor today! He's not long back from a bad injury and looks to be lacking confidence! Needs eased back in gently I'd say!

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 07:09 PM
The team today had far too many young & limited experience players. Are we trying to compete in the age stakes with Hearts?.

I'm all for breaking one or two in but 4,5,6 is just too much.

Raith probably had more experience in their team today.

Incidently I thought the Raith number 5 was excellent, won every header and looked solid. Absolutely spot on. Also agree with other posters that season is over, the Scottish cup is everything to me now as I`m of a generation where European competition actually meant something more than being pumped out by some team you`ve never heard of at the end of July, so even if Hibs were top four it doesn`t mean what it once did.

The Utility Man
08-02-2014, 07:15 PM
If any hibs fan still thinks that 1 upfront is the way to go and that 1 isn't Leigh Griffiths I'm sorry then you are deluded we need to go back to basics 4-4-2 is the way to go

davieh
08-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Assuming McGivern's not fit, I'd drop a couple of non-performers and go for

Williams

Boateng
Foster
Nelson
Hanlon

Watmore
Robertson
Taiwo
Stevenson

Heff
Haynes

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Don't you think that's a biggie?

Of course it is, relegation would be a disaster.

However when I think about a season not being over, I imagine that it's because we actually have something to look forward to.

Right now, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season like a hole in the head.

lumbo_hfc
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM

He bossed it today.

200k striker against a part-timer, only one winner surely? WRONG!

Craig needs dropped next week and Harris needs to be on the bench and brought on as an impact player until he is fully fit, there is something lacking in his performances.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Watmore

Watmore
Watmore
Watmore
Watmore

Watmorw
Taiwo
Watmore
Watmore

Stanton

Watmore

Based on todays display of course.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2014, 07:50 PM
He bossed it today.

200k striker against a part-timer, only one winner surely? WRONG!

Craig needs dropped next week and Harris needs to be on the bench and brought on as an impact player until he is fully fit, there is something lacking in his performances.

Craig's suspended for next week's game

ColintonHibs
08-02-2014, 08:02 PM
I hate when people say we can still push for top 6. If a club of this size cant finish top 4 every season then theres something very, very wrong

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Murdoch

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Haynes

Stanton

Heffernan

subs
Williams (doesn't seem to give a f*** anymore, hence why I think he should be benched)
Maybury
Nelson
Harris
Taiwo
Cummings
Collins

lumbo_hfc
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Perfect.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 08:57 PM

We should see an improvement in the midfield then.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I wonder who will be captain next week?

theonlywayisup
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
At the final whistle, I thought I cannot be bothered going to the County game, and to think I was planning to attend the ICT game.

My view will probably change during the week and the pain will reduce. But, at this moment in time, the thought of spring golf sounds pretty good.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Hanlon probably, but if Thomson starts give it to him, IMO.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Hanlon will be captain, I reckon

The_Horde
08-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Williams

Forster Boateng Hanlon McGivern

Watmore Robertson Thomson Stanton

Collins Haynes

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 10:56 PM
If folk think the seasons over, not a ****** chance. We still have a battle for 2nd bottom. Wartmore the only player who looks like he wants to win a match.

AlbertK86
09-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Williams

Forster
Boateng
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson

Watmore
Stanton
Craig

Haynes

Subs

Murdoch
Stevenson
OTJ
Harris
Handling
Cummings
Collins

Andy74
09-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Williams

Boateng
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Thomson
Robertson

Watmore
Hayes
Stanton

Collins

Smiggy 7-0
09-02-2014, 02:12 PM
;3902074']Williams

Forster Boateng Hanlon McGivern

Watmore Robertson Thomson Stanton

Collins Haynes Defo 2 up front, think Haynes has plenty to offer from the wee bit we saw yesterday. Looks very strong.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Really struggling to care right now. Would maybe just stick Hanlon at the back with Watmore and Stanton in front of him. Just let the 3 of them play rushie goalkeeper

weonlywon6-2
09-02-2014, 03:26 PM

the players if tbey want to earn a new contract or grab the attention of someone else will need to stii put in performances

Cameron1875
09-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Haynes
Collins

Humo
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Lets bounce back and get a win and kick-start the rest of the season and hopfully finish in the top 6 now we can only focus on the league.

I think the our strongest team would be.

GK Williams

LB McGivern
CH Hanlon
CH Forster
RB Boateng

LM Stevenson
CDM Thomson
CAM Roberston
CAM Stanton
RM Watmore

ST Haynes

Subs: Grant, Nelson, Harris, Handling, Cummings, Craig, Taoi

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Lets bounce back and get a win and kick-start the rest of the season and hopfully finish in the top 6 now we can only focus on the league.

I think the our strongest team would be.

GK Williams

LB McGivern
CH Hanlon
CH Forster
RB Boateng

LM Stevenson
CDM Thomson
CAM Roberston
CAM Stanton
RM Watmore

ST Haynes

Subs: Grant, Nelson, Harris, Handling, Cummings, Craig, Taoi
naw bump williams as he has been mince for weeks, keep stanton and watmore , then make up what you can from whats left.

Brightside
09-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Williams

Forster
Boatang
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Taiwo
Stanton.

Haynes
Cummings

Watmore given a free role when in attack to become a 433.

Heisenberg
09-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Williams

Boateng
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Robertson
Thomson

Watmore
Stanton
Stevenson

Haynes

cameronw-hfc
09-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Murdoch

Forster Boateng Hanlon McGivern(if fit, if not, lewis)

Taiwo

Stanton Craig Watmore

Haynes Collins

Think Ben needs dropped, no excuse for under performing, the only half-suitable excuse for any player ever is being played out of position, unfortunately, Ben can't quite use that one.

Really like Lewis, just think with the fact that Watmore played so well, and Stanton playing well, if McGivern is fit, he has no where to fit in? Dropped Nelson because he really doesn't know how to pass a ball. Good, solid CB, but really cannot pass, and against County, when there's not much to play for in the league, it would be good to experiment.

Taiwo puts himself about, not a great footballer, but he gives 110% and with 3 good players in front of him, he should be comfortable. Craig, Watmore and Stanton to be a rotating 3 behind the front 2. Not dropping Craig because I want to see if he's just completely gone off the boil, or if its because of playing in a sitting role.

Collins hasn't had a partner with real pace up with him yet, and I would like to see how that works.

Prediction, 1-1

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Should never play again, was told to find a new club and couldn't. Tells a story.

Is ALWAYS second to a loose ball, in the SPFL this is criminal. Slow, weak and will never score. Wait, he can keep the ball and is tidy......

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Potty78
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Cant believe how many want one up front and Stevenson at left back. Opinions eh!

Jonnyboy
09-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Should never play again, was told to find a new club and couldn't. Tells a story.

Is ALWAYS second to a loose ball, in the SPFL this is criminal. Slow, weak and will never score. Wait, he can keep the ball and is tidy......

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

What, like Thomson you mean?

Leighonel
09-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Thomson

Robertson
Stanton

Watmore
Haynes
Harris

I dont think craig is a bad player I just think he maybe needs a rest and to be played in a more advanced role when he comes back. I also think Collins needs a partner upfront.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Williams

Boateng
Hanlon
Nelson
McGivern - If fit.

Watmore
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton/Harris/Stevenson

Heffernan
Haynes

Hermit Crab
09-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Craig out Thomson in.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Craig out Thomson in.

:agree:

SaulGoodman
09-02-2014, 11:30 PM
....................Williams
Boateng Nelson Hanlon Mcgivern
................Taiwo Thomson
......Stanton Robertson Watmore
.....................Haynes

Looking forward to seeing Watmore. The rest? Ehhh

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 11:32 PM
.. Williams
. Roberston Thomson
.. Stanton Robertson Watmore
. Haynes

Looking forward to seeing Watmore. The rest? Ehhh

Who is the other Robertson:greengrin

SaulGoodman
09-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Who is the other Robertson:greengrin

We all dream of a team of Robertsons :greengrin

Well, maybe no. Edited!

erin go bragh
09-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Been frustrated walking out of ER before but with Celtic losing it just made that defeat much more painfull .
Sick of Hibs flucking up my sat nights . Play the under 20s including Stanton and Watmore .

Ggtth

PerfectlyFranck
10-02-2014, 02:09 AM
Boateng is as much a right-back as Steven Thicot was a right-back, except he'd be even slower and is poorer at passing.
I mentioned Thicot as he was spoken about in the exact same way, in that he 'can play right-back, centre-back or defensive-midfield'; you wouldn't have dared play him at right-back in hindsight.
This is only going by the tiny bit I have seen from him on highlights for Oxford & Swindon as well as a single u21 game for Arsenal; he only played at centre-back in these games.

Still, it's probably more than what most have seen of him.

Onto the line-up, I honestly don't care as I don't know what formation would suit our unbalanced side. I would drop Williams to begin with, despite having little faith in or knowledge of the other keepers.

Thankfully, we will see what the team is like without our captain. Our set-pieces have been much better with Craig, but it's not American football, we need players that can make a difference in open play.

Pete
10-02-2014, 02:11 AM
People see one up front, like against Raith, and think it isn't offensive enough. It was actually more attacking than playing a 4-4-2 in my opinion. Having a striker supported by three pacey attacking midfielders certainly isn't defensive.

I would go:

Boateng
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson

Holder
Holder

Watmore
Stanton
Harris

Heffernan

I would drop Forster as he isn't a right back. Give the new boy a chance. I would play Heffernan as I believe he is the best finisher at the club even though he doesn't work as hard as Collins. Stanton, Watmore and Harris would play behind the striker and out wide, running into channels and getting crosses in.

I've left the two defensive midfielder blank because I don't have a clue. I think Terry's idea is that these two get stuck in and dictate play and he was badly let down in this respect against Raith. This isn't Craig's game and if he's going to play this system a lot I can't see Craig adapting. I don't know what Taiwo is any more, Thomson is class but maybe slows things down and I don't think Robertson is that type of player either.

Maybe Thomson plus a.n. other is the answer for the rest of the season. Next season I would love to see a happy Thomson alongside Claros in those roles. That would do nicely.:aok:

Boyle89
10-02-2014, 03:03 AM
I'd give Williams one more week: didn't realise he saved the shot on to the post, should've done better with the 3rd.
Boateng
Forster: was ****ing mince at rb, cardle doesn't have a left foot an he let him cut inside every time, he replaces Nelson who was worse.
Hanlon
McGivern: think he's been poor recently but better option than Lewis

Watmore: amazing debut IMO can't wait to see moref
Robertson: we missed his drive badly
Thomson: replaces taiwo who doesn't offer as much I feel
Stanton: played well recently and Harris needs eased back in.
Haynes
Collins: May not be the best but have a feeling he could link well with Haynes.

Jdawg
10-02-2014, 03:59 AM
451/433 Haynes up top, Watmore RW, Harris (last chance to play well or a week it two on the bench) LW, Stanton, Thompson and Roberson in CM. Back four, sadly, picks itself.

Judas Iscariot
10-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Williams

Boateng Forster Hanlon McGivern

Robertson Thomson

Watmore Stanton Harris

Haynes

truehibernian
10-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Williams

Boateng Forster Hanlon McGivern

Robertson Thomson

Watmore Stanton Harris

Haynes

Not fishing for an argument, but that front line has scored a total of one goal ? Robbo has one I think for the season.

You're happy keeping Collins and Heffernan out ?

I'd put Heffernan and Collins in, drop Alex to the bench, play 4-4-2. Hanlon to left back, Lewis back to left midfield.

My midfield would be OTJ sitting, Lewis out left, Watmore out right, Sam floating - Heff and Collins up top.

Back four Boetang, Jordon, Admiral and Hanlon.

dangermouse
10-02-2014, 09:17 AM
I have to laugh at people putting Thomson ans McGivern in their teams. Are they not aware that both players are injured?

Really surprised that Robertson never got any time on the park on Saturday as I think that's what we were crying out for as he is a much better option than Zoubir.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Everyone position is up for grabs after that game.

Ronniekirk
10-02-2014, 05:22 PM

II said February was a crucial month .ok the cups gone but a few league wins would keep us fighting for 6 th but it is all down now to mentality of some of these players and whether TB and M M can get them regrouped and motivated and pick right team for county and Killie who will be looking to overtake us .We have put pressure back on ourselves and if we don't show resilience then we will know the extent of overhaul needed in summer it's as simple as that.

silverhibee
10-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Pretty much doubt KT will be in the starting 11 for the weekend.

Ronniekirk
10-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Pretty much doubt KT will be in the starting 11 for the weekend.

If he is it would be a panic move as he isn't fully fit .He needs to get back to who he thinks is best 11 and go back to basics making us hard to beat .if he tinkers with team every week it lest steams know we don't know our best 11 and gives them even more encouragement .the problem is Heff has lost form since injury , Cummings wasn't scoring so can understand why he has dropped out ,Collins can't score regularly enough to give team confidence we can rely on him Watmore looks a player but will take time to fit in but looks like worth keeping his place ,Hayes hasn't good scoring record so do we play him in Harris position as he is also just back from injury and would be better coming on when we are back winning than being expected to produce game winning play this early ,he needs to regain confidence and touch .So it is a difficult dilemma for T B as he needs to find a combination that works but also get midfield that so far only Stanton is assured of place .Defence well I have no idea what's happened there it just seems to have collapsed.

GreenLake
10-02-2014, 11:07 PM

Hopefully whoever it is will retain the armband thereafter.

Stringer
11-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Williams

Boateng Hanlon Forster Stevenson

KT McGivern

Haynes Robertson Harris

Stanton

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Williams

Boateng
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Haynes
Heffernan
Watmore

Or

Williams

Boateng
Hanlon
Forster
McGivern

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton/Stevenson

Haynes
Heff

Hamish
11-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Malkowski

Renwick
Cooper
Marinkov
Tortolano

Holsgrove
Guggi
Wiss
Fellenger

Trakys
Ward

GreenOnions
11-02-2014, 11:13 AM
People see one up front, like against Raith, and think it isn't offensive enough. It was actually more attacking than playing a 4-4-2 in my opinion. Having a striker supported by three pacey attacking midfielders certainly isn't defensive.

I would drop Forster as he isn't a right back. Give the new boy a chance. I would play Heffernan as I believe he is the best finisher at the club even though he doesn't work as hard as Collins. Stanton, Watmore and Harris would play behind the striker and out wide, running into channels and getting crosses in.

I've left the two defensive midfielder blank because I don't have a clue. I think Terry's idea is that these two get stuck in and dictate play and he was badly let down in this respect against Raith. This isn't Craig's game and if he's going to play this system a lot I can't see Craig adapting. I don't know what Taiwo is any more, Thomson is class but maybe slows things down and I don't think Robertson is that type of player either.

Maybe Thomson plus a.n. other is the answer for the rest of the season. Next season I would love to see a happy Thomson alongside Claros in those roles. That would do nicely.:aok:

I agree with much of your thinking here - especially the bit in bold.

I also like the idea of partnering Forster with Hanlon. Since Forster came into the team late last season it's been easily our best pairing - and that's with Forster still having a lot of experience still to gain. I've said since watching the first league game of the season that I think Nelson is a good honest pro and I'd be happy to have him on the bench. He's not the answer for a team trying to reach top three/four. He's effective when the play is static (set pieces for and against) and at heading away goal kicks. However, in open play he's very much a liability with his chronic lack of pace and extremely poor distribution a serious problem. Forster and Hanlon has a lot of potential. With next season in mind I think as a partnership and, irrespective of debates about other positions I think it's worth starting to build with that. I'd go for:

.................Williams

Boateng..Forster..Hanlon..Stevenson

..........Robertson..Thomson
Watmore............................Harris
................Stanton
....................Haynes

JimBHibees
11-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I have to laugh at people putting Thomson ans McGivern in their teams. Are they not aware that both players are injured?

Really surprised that Robertson never got any time on the park on Saturday as I think that's what we were crying out for as he is a much better option than Zoubir.

Was Robertson on the bench on Saturday? If so criminal he didnt get on especially in the second half with his energy. Could easily IMO moved Craig to wide left and Robertson and Taiwo in the middle would have made us better in the middle of the park.

Jones28
11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
4-4-2 for me.

Williams

Boateng
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Harris

Stanton
Collins

PerfectlyFranck
11-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Lots of people adamant on playing a centre-back at right-back. :confused:
Forster is a better right-back than this chap would be and I'm not sure on Forster at right-back in the first place.

Boateng will be playing at centre-back this evening, for the u20s, like he has done for his other teams. :wink:

Pretty Boy
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Williams

Forster
Boateng
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Robertson
Taiwo
Stevenson

Stanton

Heffernan

Harris, Craig, Nelson and Collins our 4 poorest from Saturday dropping out. If McGivern is fit get Lewis back to his proper position.

Ronniekirk
11-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Lots of people adamant on playing a centre-back at right-back. :confused:
Forster is a better right-back than this chap would be and I'm not sure on Forster at right-back in the first place.

Boateng will be playing at centre-back this evening, for the u20s, like he has done for his other teams. :wink:
Throw a young player into a losing team and it can go one of two ways .Plays great or makes some early mistakes and confidence affected so how he plays in under 20 game will partly determine if he should get opportunity or nor on Saturday .Ross county will be up for it as we have beaten them twice under butcher ,but they have new players .This for me is now a very difficult game for us

CapitalHibs
11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Williams

Forster
Boateng
Hanlon

Tudur-Jones

Watmore
Robertson
Stanton

Handling

Heffernen
Haynes

RN Hibee
11-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Williams

Forster
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson

Stanton
Robertson
Taiwo
Watmore

Heffernan
Collins

Going with Nelson in defence simply down to his experience, throwing Boateng in there would give us a pretty young defence and with Lewis not playing in his most comfortable position we need experience. Stanton over Harris on merit and the fact that playing Stanton in the centre with Harris out wide leaves our defence too exposed. Heffernan to start as I feel Haynes brings more threat from the bench than he does, ideal if we need a goal in the 2nd half.

The_Horde
12-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Craig suspended and Robertson out.

Here's what I'd go for.

Williams

Forster Nelson Boateng Hanlon

Harris Stevenson Thomson Watmore

Stanton

Haynes

Billychaotic182
12-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Horne (May as well look to the future since Williams is prob going)

Robertson Taiwo

Haynes Stanton Watmore

Heff

JimBHibees
12-02-2014, 02:09 PM
;3905432']Craig suspended and Robertson out.

Here's what I'd go for.

Williams

Stanton

Haynes

Craig out eh, now becomes clear to me the cheat knew exactly what he was doing booking him in the Tic game.

Having watched Boateng last night wouldnt have thought he was very close to a first team slot especially central defence as didnt look convincing in the air. I would bring in the u20s right back and play Forster, Nelson and Hanlon pushing Lewis into midfield. OTJ and Taiwo in the middle with Lewis left and Watmore right with Haynes up and Stanton playing off to start or maybe playing Heff and Collins up if Haynes not ready to start.

Brightside
12-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson The back 4 just picks itself at the moment.

Taiwo

Harris
Stanton
< AN Other > Need a strong player covering for Stanton. OTJ and Thomson still not fit.
Watmore

Haynes

Play a 4-1-4-1 With a diamond in midfield.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-02-2014, 03:04 PM
;3905432']Craig suspended and Robertson out.

Here's what I'd go for.

Williams

Stanton

Haynes

Is Robertson defo out?

Brightside
12-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Is Robertson defo out?

Not confirmed but probable according to player.

E10 Rifle
12-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Williams

Maybury Hanlon Nelson Forster

Watmore Taiwo Stanton Stevenson

Haynes Heffernan

To play Boateng at right back leaves us too exposed as while Watmore is good going forward I felt the luxury of playing him left the RB exposed at times on Sat. You need someone with experience behind him and Maybury fills that space. Stevenson plays his best at LM and is on much better form than Harris but can Forster switch? If Robertson was available he would replace Taiwo in this side.

On a pure 'last performance' basis I'd drop Nelson and Williams but I suppose Nelson poses a threat at corners and set pieces (unfortunately at both ends!) and Murdoch is fairly untried so not really the time to make a change there.

I'd like to see Haynes and Heff up front but feel pretty sure he'll stick with Collins.

At the end of the day this is all just guff anyway as I'm sure he'll stick with the 4-4-1-1 that the club seems to playing at the minute.

Wotherspiniesta
12-02-2014, 05:26 PM
If Robertson, Craig and Thomson are all out that's a bit of a worry!

For me;

Williams

Maybury Forster Hanlon McGivern

Watmore OTJ Taiwo Stanton

Collins Haynes

Two sitting midfielders should allow us four decent attacking options, with suitable cover for a more experienced back line. Maybury may not be everybodys cup of tea but we need some stabliity back into that backline and it wont be enhanced (IMO by throwing in a guy whos never kicked a ball for the first team, or indeed keeping Forster there who had a mare on Saturday. Stevenson i'm afraid to say is the jack of all trades but the master of none. Although maybe not directly at fault for the goals at the weekend, we certainly seem to leak goals with him in our defence, and I'd much rather Stanton ahead of him at LM. Nelson's not good enough IMO and isn't going to improve at 35(?) year old and I'd be worried about the lack of pace if he were alongside Maybury.

Ultimately you can shuffle the pack around all you like, but they need to start getting the basics right. Think this team has the best chance of doing that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Thomson/Robertson
Stanton
Stevenson

Haynes
Heff

007 Mickey Weir
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Taiwo
Stanton
Zoubir

Heff
Haynes

Grant
Boateng
Harris
Handling
Collins
Maybury
Cairney

Everybody needs to play in normal position. Harris to come on as an impact player. Too much pressure on him just now. Swap Taiwo for Robertson or Thomson if fit.

California-Hibs
13-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Madness that some few people are putting Tawio in the team. He's far too mediocre to be in our 1st 11 and we have better options than playing him IMO.

Williams
Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Watmore Robertson Thomson Harris

Haynes Heffernan

That is our strongest team when everyone is available IMO.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Watmore Boetang Stanton Harris

Collins Heynes

Ronniekirk
13-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Some said the back four of Foster ,Nelson ,Hanlon and Stevenson pick itself but that has cost us 10 goals in three home games.Derek Adams will be aware of what other teams have done by getting players wide and putting balls into the box .so we need to have worked on ways to stop teams being able to do that Even options in midfield are now curtailed with Craig Robertson Thompson and OTj all not available Think this now becomes a tricky game to win on back of recent form but that's when we might just go out and turn it around

California-Hibs
13-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Madness that some few people are putting Tawio in the team. He's far too mediocre to be in our 1st 11 and we have better options than playing him IMO.

Williams

Haynes Heffernan

I meant to add that I think Stanton, Stevenson and Craig (on St Johnstone/early Hibs career starts form) can both be included when any of the above midfield aren't performing.

Durey is still out (just) on Collins for me.

Tudor Jones
Tawio
Cairney
Mcpake

Are all the players that can gladly leave and free up wages for us in the summer.

E10 Rifle
13-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Williams

Haynes Heffernan

Taiwo has been selected as we're talking about the team for this weekend - not when everyone is available.

hibee-shtuggie
13-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I meant to add that I think Stanton, Stevenson and Craig (on St Johnstone/early Hibs career starts form) can both be included when any of the above midfield aren't performing.

Durey is still out (just) on Collins for me.

Tudor Jones
Tawio
Cairney
Mcpake

Are all the players that can gladly leave and free up wages for us in the summer.

Who is he and what does he have to do with it?

JimBHibees
13-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Who is he and what does he have to do with it?

Jukebox he used to play for us in the 80s. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2014, 11:03 AM

Williams

Haynes Heffernan

We have a squad of mediocrity, it really makes little difference who we swap around.

flash
13-02-2014, 01:46 PM
We have a squad of mediocrity, it really makes little difference who we swap around.

Oh it really does but i suspect you know that anyway.

andrew70
13-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Williams
Boateng Thomson
Watmore Stanton Harris
Handling

erin go bragh
13-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Williams

Watmore Robertson Stanton Stevenson

Heffernan Haynes

Ggtth

scoopyboy
13-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Some said the back four of Foster ,Nelson ,Hanlon and Stevenson pick itself but that has cost us 10 goals in three home games.Derek Adams will be aware of what other teams have done by getting players wide and putting balls into the box .so we need to have worked on ways to stop teams being able to do that Even options in midfield are now curtailed with Craig Robertson Thompson and OTj all not available Think this now becomes a tricky game to win on back of recent form but that's when we might just go out and turn it around

Wrong.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh it really does but i suspect you know that anyway.

No i don't.

andrew70
13-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Anyone know why Dean Horribine didn't play for the 20s on Tuesday night? I know he's 21 but has appeared regularly for them this season. Perhaps down to Robbo etc using up the older player slots. Always thought he would step up in to the first time but he's never really had a chance.

Hibstrooper
13-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Assuming Thomson, OTJ and Robertson are all out:

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boateng
Taiwo

Watmore
Stanton
Haynes

Heffernan

I like Collins but he isn't scoring goals so bench. Harris too as he is eased back in. If McGivern is fit then Lewis takes Boateng's slot

Unseen work
13-02-2014, 05:26 PM
With Craig and Robertson out could this maybe be the sort of chance we were needing to play thomson, where terry has no other option but to play him and thomson convinces him he can play his style.

I hope so

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Harris

Haynes
Heffernan

Billy Whizz
13-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Anyone know why Dean Horribine didn't play for the 20s on Tuesday night? I know he's 21 but has appeared regularly for them this season. Perhaps down to Robbo etc using up the older player slots. Always thought he would step up in to the first time but he's never really had a chance.

Only allowed 3 over age players, and they went with Boateng, Robertson and Heffernan. He played well against Motherwell under 20's the week before.

007 Mickey Weir
13-02-2014, 10:45 PM

Williams

Haynes Heffernan

McGivern, Robertson, OTJ and Thomson are not fit. Craig suspended. That's why Taiwo is in. No one else really.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2014, 11:34 PM
If McGivern, Robbo, OTJ & Thomson are not fit & Craig is suspended, then I fear for us even more than I already did...

Williams

Forster
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Taiwo
Harris

Haynes
Heffernan

Brightside
14-02-2014, 10:06 AM
If McGivern, Robbo, OTJ & Thomson are not fit & Craig is suspended, then I fear for us even more than I already did...

Williams

Forster
Hanlon
Nelson
Stevenson

Watmore
Stanton
Taiwo
Harris

Haynes
Heffernan

McGivern is fit according to Terry today.

Thomson "nowhere near fit" OTJ oot for a while. Robertson injured. Craig banned.

So we will prob see McGivern back at LB and Stevenson moved into midfield.

Watmore / Stanton / Taiwo / Stevenson / Harris. With Haynes up top. 451 in defence, 433 attacking.

Paloschi
14-02-2014, 10:11 AM
4-1-4-1

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jones/Taiwo (if Jones is out)

Watmore
Stanton
Cairney
Harris

Heffernan.

It's time Collins was given a wee rest. Handling perhaps deserves a start but I feel we have more balance with Cairney and Stanton.

TAHibby
14-02-2014, 01:28 PM
With all the injuries suspensions etc...would like to give Haynes a start.

Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Watmore
Stevenson
Taiwo
Stanton
Harris

Haynes

DTS
14-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Williams
Forster
Hanlon
Nelson
Mcgivern
Watmore
Stevenson
Stanton
Harris
Collins
Haynes

If mcgivern is not fit Stevenson at full back and Taiwo in centre mid maybe even Taiwo and Stevenson in the middle with Stanton behind haynes

ahibby
14-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Williams
Boetang
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern
Stevenson
Tawio
Stanton
Harris
Watmore
Heffernan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Williams

Forster
Hanlon
Nelson
McGivern

Watmore
Stevenson
Stanton
Harris

Haynes
Heffernan

AlbertK86
14-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Watmore
Boateng
Stanton
Stevenson

Haynes
Collins

Subs

Murdoch/Grant (Murdoch seemingly injured midweek)

Maybury
Harris
Taiwo
Cairney
Handling
Heffernan
Cummings