PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Fans VS Hibs Fans

Hibercelona
08-02-2014, 04:38 PM
*Repetitive Cycle Alert*

Can we not see that this isn't working?

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover Hearts fans, or happy clappers.... etc.

Today may have been a really poor show, but thats why we have to stick together as a support.

If we keep this cycle going off the park, the cycle on the park will continue also.

There needs to come a point where we hit the reset button and put an end to this poisonous cycle. This can't go on forever.

GreenLake
08-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Butcher is the reset, Craig is the button.

Thecat23
08-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Good post. Like I say more than happy to back TB and not panic after a bad loss. We need to build for next season and hopefully we all get behind the team and sure most will.

Hibercelona
08-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Butcher is the reset, Craig is the button.

Recent history will show that another clear out isn't the answer to our problem.

I don't like to say this. But we the fans, are the lowest common denominator.

Hibercelona
08-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Good post. Like I say more than happy to back TB and not panic after a bad loss. We need to build for next season and hopefully we all get behind the team and sure most will.

Correct. We're just going to have to.

Because another clear out (how many has there been now in the last several years?) will not make the problem go away.

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2014, 04:48 PM
*Repetitive Cycle Alert*

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover Hearts fans, or happy clappers.... etc.

Today may have been a really poor show, but thats why we have to stick together as a support.

If we keep this cycle going off the park, the cycle on the park will continue also.

There needs to come a point where we hit the reset button and put an end to this poisonous cycle. This can't go on forever.

So today was the fans fault once again?

tamig
08-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Recent history will show that another clear out isn't the answer to our problem.

I don't like to say this. But we the fans, are the lowest common denominator.
Oooh. That will be a bit too close to the bone for some on here :-)

Hibercelona
08-02-2014, 05:05 PM

We keep blaming everything else but ourselves. But no matter how many times the club re-shuffles itself, it's the exact same problems over and over again.

We suffer a bad defeat, the fans get on the players backs and eachothers backs, we then suffer a long line of bad defeats until the manager and players are changed.... Then we start all over again.

The players don't get a chance to battle the opposition at Easter Road, because they're too preoccupied with their battle against us.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM

You can't ignore the overwhelming statistical and anecdotal evidence that we don't help the situation.

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
We keep blaming everything else but ourselves. But no matter how many times the club re-shuffles itself, it's the exact same problems over and over again.

We suffer a bad defeat, the fans get on the players backs and eachothers backs, we then suffer a long line of bad defeats until the manager and players are changed.... Then we start all over again.

The players don't get a chance to battle the opposition at Easter Road, because they're too preoccupied with their battle against us.

What a load of nonsense. What role did the fans, those that bothered going anyway, play in today's debacle?

Ozyhibby
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Keep playing as bad as we are and the problem if the fans will go away. Literally.

Hibercelona
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
What a load of nonsense. What role did the fans, those that bothered going anyway, play in today's debacle?

When most teams go 1-0 down, they go 1-0 down.

Not at Easter Road though. When our team go 1-0 down, they go 3 or 4-0 down.

I'll leave you to figure it out.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 05:24 PM

:top marks

The evidence is overwhelming, the arrogance of the "I'll boo if I want" brigade is staggering.

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM

You have changed your tune.

jeffers
08-02-2014, 05:31 PM
:top marks

The evidence is overwhelming, the arrogance of the "I'll boo if I want" brigade is staggering.

So let me get this right. Today's result and shocking performance was due to the fans ? C'mon then own up, which one of you was in goals, or sauntering around in the middle of the park with a yellow armband on contributing the square root of F all ?

wookie70
08-02-2014, 05:38 PM
I watch professional players on salaries most of us could only dream about who look unable to trap a bag of cement. I then look to the stands to see thousands of supporters who come to expensive games year after year and give their support in huge numbers. I have watched Hibs teams fold in big Cup Ties when they have had huge backing and also see us fail with a whimper in front of booing fans.

Football like most sports relies heavily on confidence but most top quality sportsmen and women get their confidence from endless hours of training and making sure all parts of their game are like second nature to them. If they look to the sidelines for help then they are in the wrong job. You should have the confidence in your ability that comes from years of doing drills and endless practice of your job. Focus is good but too much thinking is never a good thing in my opinion.

From what I can see some of the players don't look like they have confidence in their ability. I look at some of them and they make the same mistakes over and over. Collins constantly looks at the centre half before barging into him. Result he loses sight of the ball and the centre half wins it comfortably or gets a free kick. I doubt it would matter whether I was booing or cheering in that instance. If that happens five times in a row supporters will get restless. The player and manager can change that but we can't

Most people that have played sport at an amateur level know that you have days where it all just falls for you. If you look back on those days you tend to find the good days are when you feel at your fittest and you were totally focused on the job at hand. There aren't crowds for the amateurs and confidence comes from ability and being prepared correctly in most instances.

I do think the crowd can help and harm confidence but that is way down the mitigating factors in football in my opinion. I doubt it would have made much difference today as we were completely devoid of ideas and totally outfought. If you can get the crowd shouting insightful tactical instructions in unison we have a chance but I would rather the focus was on the managers and players who let us down badly today. Butcher has it in him to be a huge success and if he keeps strong and signs good players then we will turn the corner and the crowds will be very supportive. I won't be saying that my cheering will be the reason for that turnaround just like my cheering today made little impact to the players and managers who let themselves and their club down badly.

jeffers
08-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I watch professional players on salaries most of us could only dream about who look unable to trap a bag of cement. I then look to the stands to see thousands of supporters who come to expensive games year after year and give their support in huge numbers. I have watched Hibs teams fold in big Cup Ties when they have had huge backing and also see us fail with a whimper in front of booing fans.

Football like most sports relies heavily on confidence but most top quality sportsmen and women get their confidence from endless hours of training and making sure all parts of their game are like second nature to them. If they look to the sidelines for help then they are in the wrong job. You should have the confidence in your ability that comes from years of doing drills and endless practice of your job. Focus is good but too much thinking is never a good thing in my opinion.

From what I can see some of the players don't look like they have confidence in their ability. I look at some of them and they make the same mistakes over and over. Collins constantly looks at the centre half before barging into him. Result he loses sight of the ball and the centre half wins it comfortably or gets a free kick. I doubt it would matter whether I was booing or cheering in that instance. If that happens five times in a row supporters will get restless. The player and manager can change that but we can't

Most people that have played sport at an amateur level know that you have days where it all just falls for you. If you look back on those days you tend to find the good days are when you feel at your fittest and you were totally focused on the job at hand. There aren't crowds for the amateurs and confidence comes from ability and being prepared correctly in most instances.

I do think the crowd can help and harm confidence but that is way down the mitigating factors in football in my opinion. I doubt it would have made much difference today as we were completely devoid of ideas and totally outfought. If you can get the crowd shouting insightful tactical instructions in unison we have a chance but I would rather the focus was on the managers and players who let us down badly today. Butcher has it in him to be a huge success and if he keeps strong and signs good players then we will turn the corner and the crowds will be very supportive. I won't be saying that my cheering will be the reason for that turnaround just like my cheering today made little impact to the players and managers who let themselves and their club down badly.

Absolutely spot on. Please keep this and re-post it the next time someone posts the same crap about it being the fans fault.

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Did that happen today?
I thought the fans tried their best to stay behind the team today each time they went behind.
We lost today because we were well beaten and out played by a run of the mill 1st Div team .
The truth is, it's a wonder there are so many still going along to watch this stuff. Of around a dozen of us that went regularly I am the last man standing.
To churn out the usual " fans to blame " stuff is wearing a bit thin.

Torto7062
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM

probably the best quote I've read on .Net

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
So let me get this right. Today's result and shocking performance was due to the fans ? C'mon then own up, which one of you was in goals, or sauntering around in the middle of the park with a yellow armband on contributing the square root of F all ?

I said it's partially the case.

When the chips are down the team needs encouragement and support - 12th man and all that kind of stuff - they don't get it. They get the opposite. Look at all the evidence of home form vs away form, anecdotal evidence of reports on here that other teams managers tactics have included "stifle the game for the first twenty minutes and wait for their fans to get on their backs" - it's overwhelming.

FitbaFolkKen
08-02-2014, 06:02 PM
*repetitive cycle alert*

can we not see that this isn't working?

For several years now whenever something has gone wrong, we've been at one anothers throats. Accusing one another of being undercover hearts fans, or happy clappers.... Etc.

ltyf

Islington Hibs
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM

When the chips are down the team needs encouragement and support - 12th man and all that kind of stuff - they don't get it. They get the opposite. Look at all the evidence of home form vs away form, anecdotal evidence of reports on here that other teams managers tactics have included "stifle the game for the first twenty minutes and wait for their fans to get on their backs" - it's overwhelming.

Our fans suffer from a psychological neurosis in my view. Swagger of a big team when we play so called lesser teams and abuse when it doesn't work out and an inferiority complex when we play Hearts and others with wild celebrations when we win and resignation when we loose. (I am guilty of wild celebrations when we win by the way:greengrin).

In my view this comes from the fact that in living memory Hibs were a major force in Europe, let alone Scotland. This is a millstone as money now makes it near impossible to achieve what previous teams did 30 or more years ago. We are so desperate for success, as fans, which is becoming ever hard to achieve, that when the chips go down it gets nasty. It is creating a vicious circle.

Hard I know, especially after today, but if we don't encourage and support it makes it all the harder to build a realistic confidence.

neil7908
08-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Great post.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Hibs supporters are amongst the most loyal and supportive in the entire football world, never mind just Scotland, so please enough already with blaming the fans , please just shut the **** up. IT IS NOT THE HIBS FANS FAULT !!

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM

I was the ginger lad who done more than the rest of my team mates put together. :greengrin

Once again i thought the fans backed the team today, it ain't our fault that they put in another pish performance.

The Voice Of Reason
08-02-2014, 06:30 PM

I think I've figured it out :-

Dreadful players with no pace. Bunch of spoilt wage thieves. TOSSERS the lot of them.

These goons should hang their heads in shame. Get them down to gullane sand dunes.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM

We are certainly a big part of it.

I don't know what other fans are like but I have always felt that we have been a bunch of intolerant greetin' faced moaners during the 30+ years I have followed Hibs.

We have had plenty to moan about certainly. But being the 12th man for 90 minutes and saving the grief for afterwards? Nah, we're the 'A'hm no happy' brigade.

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM

Nonsense, were you at the game today, the team got plenty backing after they went a goal down and have a guess what, the team got right back in to the game so i will ask you again were you at today's game and when did you start hearing the bad Hibs fans being supposedly naughty towards our players.

hibIBZ
08-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I think if results continue to be poor and we consistently fail in cups and don't make the top 6 the players won't have any fans to worry about as there wi be none left

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Hibs supporters are amongst the most loyal and supportive in the entire football world, never mind just Scotland, so please enough already with blaming the fans , please just shut the **** up. IT IS NOT THE HIBS FANS FAULT !!

:hilarious I'll have whatever you're smoking.

When we are at the game we can either get stuck in supporting the team whether they are good, bad or indifferent or we can get to moaning and undermining. I know which one I hear consistently at ER. Do that game in and game out and what effect does that have on each other and the players?

If the players aren't doing it what do you think is going to be most helpful - slagging them off or trying to lift them up?

ColintonHibs
08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
We pay them 1000s of £ per week to play football. Football ffs its not rocket science. If I was getting that much money I wouldnt give a **** what the fans are shouting at me. If your good you're good if your **** your ****, the fans have nothing to do with this

Stax
08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Sick of hearing it's us to blame. Some of the eye bleeding stuff / imposters we've been subjected to over recent years has been a joke. Give us something to cheer about ffs. The only constant year after year is the fans, I don't think we're being unreasonable expecting professionals to be able to do the basics.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 07:02 PM
:hilarious I'll have whatever you're smoking.

When we are at the game we can either get stuck in supporting the team whether they are good, bad or indifferent or we can get to moaning and undermining. I know which one I hear consistently at ER. Do that game in and game out and what effect does that have on each other and the players?

If the players aren't doing it what do you think is going to be most helpful - slagging them off or trying to lift them up? Aye, good one pal. Hibs fans are SO different to all other football fans eh ? Hibs have been crap for the last seven years give or take the odd blip and the fans have, for the most part, stuck by them. You keep blaming the fans though if it makes you feel better or you can always try smoking what I`m smoking.

lord bunberry
08-02-2014, 07:02 PM
You can't ignore the overwhelming statistical and anecdotal evidence that we don't help the situation.

Utter pish, were you there today? How many games have you been at this season? There's to many folk slagginng non attendees when they're no where near er themselves.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 07:10 PM
We pay them 1000s of £ per week to play football. Football ffs its not rocket science. If I was getting that much money I wouldnt give a **** what the fans are shouting at me. If your good you're good if your **** your ****, the fans have nothing to do with this

So how do you explain good players coming to us, playing badly at Easter Road, then leaving us and playing well again?

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Utter pish, were you there today? How many games have you been at this season? There's to many folk slagginng non attendees when they're no where near er themselves.

Yeah, I was there.

I'm going on statistics and evidence rather than groundless opinion. You can't ignore that.

You keep telling yourself that the blameless ********s in our support who really could do with anger management classes are the poor ones doing nothing wrong and run along now.

ColintonHibs
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM
So how do you explain good players coming to us, playing badly at Easter Road, then leaving us and playing well again?

Cowards

theonlywayisup
08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
It is so easy to say "it is the fans fault". There will be strong held views on both sides.

Me, I am sitting on that very cold and rusty fence. And it is not very comfortable!

The positives is the Section 43 boys. They try their hardest and today guys in other parts of the stadium were trying to get the support going, but unfortunately we constantly get kicked in the teeth. I probably pay around £1,000 per year to watch my team, with my boys, but what do I get in return. Only heartbreak, if I can use that word.

Around me, everywhere there is angst. A misplaced pass. A shot that hits the corner flag. A player who delays a shot to get a better option. All of it doesn't help! I am as much to balme as anyone, but we all need to calm it and give the players support.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Cowards

So why are they not cowards at other teams then?

wookie70
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM

They are better coached at other clubs and are probably playing with better players alongside them too. Hibs have been crap for years and it is difficult, as we have seen, to buy a full team of 11 when a new Manager arrives. At your St. Johnstones and Motherwells etc they are already playing in good sides so it is easier to play well yourself.

Did Watmore let his head go down today. It didn't work out for him a few times but he got right back on the horse. Stevenson and Hanlon have probably had more stick than any of our players over the last few years. From what I hear they both train really hard and both seem to have a great attitude. Very level headed and professional as well as dedicated. If the booing was going to affect players that much then the pair of them would be in the Andrew Duncan. Both of them are probably having their best seasons this year. If you play in a successful team then football is easy. Everyone works as a unit and there is always a pass on because there is a plan and players know what they are doing. We haven't been a good team for years so the players you are playing alongside are the ones putting pressure on you more than the crowd. I don't rate Collins but he isn't helped by the service he gets. If Hibs resorted to pumping the ball up to him because the fans were getting pissed off then the fans may have to share the blame. However,hat unfortunately is our game plan from the first whistle.

We are the same fans who supported the club under Mowbray. Actually we are the same fans plus a successful singing section. There were no boos under Mowbray because the Team did what the fans wanted. I don't expect credit for cheering that Team and give full credit to some fit and fast quality players who were all well marshaled by a Manager who had a plan and could get buy in from the players.

I would never say the fans can't make a contribution but I am not sure it makes a huge difference. Look at Crystal Palace. I think they possibly have the happiest, clappiest fans in the Premiership. They were getting pumped until they changed manager and all of a sudden the players knew what they were doing and looked so much more confident. Great fans but the changed in personnel was the catalyst for success.

For what it is worth I support the Team when the game is on. I will however give the odd boo at half time or full time if I feel I am being badly let down. I hope my boo makes the players realise how disappointed I am and want to make the fans feel better. I think if I clapped and cheered wildly when they walked off the park after getting defeated by a poor first division team then they may think they did well and attempt to repeat the performance in the next game.

Cameron1875
08-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Absolutely ridiculous OP. I hate that some people on .net try to get other fans to clap like seals and just accept total dross.

Some people work really hard every week to go an watch Hibs. The older lads that have been watching us for 60 years trudge along mid January in the freezing cold to watch a Hibs side 3 down against bloody St mirren after 25 mins! I can't respect those guys enough especially considering I'm 21 year old guy who is thinking about chucking this nonsense.

Its been proved time an time again that Hibs fans will back and cheer the players who give their all for the cause. Its the wage thiefs, cowards and hiders that infuriate the support.

I thought today the fans responded quite well as we went behind THREE times but us waving banners and singing cheery songs won't make Collins able to trap a ball, Nelson to have common sense and Craig to actually pass to a green shirt.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 07:56 PM
They are better coached at other clubs and are probably playing with better players alongside them too. Hibs have been crap for years and it is difficult, as we have seen, to buy a full team of 11 when a new Manager arrives. At your St. Johnstones and Motherwells etc they are already playing in good sides so it is easier to play well yourself.

Did Watmore let his head go down today. It didn't work out for him a few times but he got right back on the horse. Stevenson and Hanlon have probably had more stick than any of our players over the last few years. From what I hear they both train really hard and both seem to have a great attitude. Very level headed and professional as well as dedicated. If the booing was going to affect players that much then the pair of them would be in the Andrew Duncan. Both of them are probably having their best seasons this year. If you play in a successful team then football is easy. Everyone works as a unit and there is always a pass on because there is a plan and players know what they are doing. We haven't been a good team for years so the players you are playing alongside are the ones putting pressure on you more than the crowd. I don't rate Collins but he isn't helped by the service he gets. If Hibs resorted to pumping the ball up to him because the fans were getting pissed off then the fans may have to share the blame. However,hat unfortunately is our game plan from the first whistle.

We are the same fans who supported the club under Mowbray. Actually we are the same fans plus a successful singing section. There were no boos under Mowbray because the Team did what the fans wanted. I don't expect credit for cheering that Team and give full credit to some fit and fast quality players who were all well marshaled by a Manager who had a plan and could get buy in from the players.

I would never say the fans can't make a contribution but I am not sure it makes a huge difference. Look at Crystal Palace. I think they possibly have the happiest, clappiest fans in the Premiership. They were getting pumped until they changed manager and all of a sudden the players knew what they were doing and looked so much more confident. Great fans but the changed in personnel was the catalyst for success.

For what it is worth I support the Team when the game is on. I will however give the odd boo at half time or full time if I feel I am being badly let down. I hope my boo makes the players realise how disappointed I am and want to make the fans feel better. I think if I clapped and cheered wildly when they walked off the park after getting defeated by a poor first division team then they may think they did well and attempt to repeat the performance in the next game.

Yet again - Butcher, Malpas and Marcella were highly successful at ICT - Fenlon was hugely successful before coming to us - you cannae tell me that we've just appointed crap coach after crap coach after crap coach.

I have to say that in hindsight Yogi was spot on when he suggested that Hibs fans have far too high expectations. It'll take time for Terry to get us playing the way he wants to - the man himself said he sees this as an eighteen month project - and yet we've got people slamming him after three?

Unreal.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Yet again - Butcher, Malpas and Marcella were highly successful at ICT - Fenlon was hugely successful before coming to us - you cannae tell me that we've just appointed crap coach after crap coach after crap coach.

I have to say that in hindsight Yogi was spot on when he suggested that Hibs fans have far too high expectations. It'll take time for Terry to get us playing the way he wants to - the man himself said he sees this as an eighteen month project - and yet we've got people slamming him after three?

Unreal. Hibs fans have high expectations ?? REALLY ? WOW !! Tell me who these Hibs fans are with high expectations, I genuinely would like to know what their "High expectations" are ?

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Hibs fans have high expectations ?? REALLY ? WOW !! Tell me who these Hibs fans are with high expectations, I genuinely would like to know what their "High expectations" are ?

For a manager to totally turn a team around in three months?

Just look at the boards for ****s sakes, .net is an utter car crash tonight. Moaners, whiners and undercover yams and what's worst is it's near impossible to tell who falls into which category.

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Hibs fans have high expectations ?? REALLY ? WOW !! Tell me who these Hibs fans are with high expectations, I genuinely would like to know what their "High expectations" are ?

I do. I swear that at the beginning of every season i rub my hands and think " right , this season we'll win the league , LC and SC"
If i didnt think like that , i would just give up.

:banana:

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Wait a minute, not just "High", but "far too high". Jeez.

wookie70
08-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Unreal.

We have a very good coach and manager. They have just arrived and can only have so much influence at this stage. They aren't miracle workers! We don't have a very good team and most of our players are reasonable at best. I have no doubt Butcher will do very well given time, which he will get at ER, and I have absolutely no doubt that if Butcher had brought every ICT player with him then we would have a very decent team who would be cheered most weeks.

Sparky is a good example of when fans getting on at players can actually drive them on and stick two fingers up at them before both learn to love each other.

How do you explain Crystal Palace all of a sudden getting better.

I would expect to beat Raith at ER by the way and finish in the top 6. From what I can tell most Hibs fans have quite low expectations. In fact I constantly have to double check myself when I say well done for a player making a simple 5 yard pass. We have an incredibly low since of expectation due to years of under-performance. No-one is thinking are going to win trophies every year we just want to punch our weight.

What is your expectation of a team with our resources and facilities.

I have a very simple view of football. The guy kicking the ball is the most important part of the game followed by the man who tell him where and how to play. The man watching does have an influence but so does a good diet and many other things. I agree we should do our best to support the team because it probably does good. What I would never accept is that we, as supporters, are the biggest problem and the lowest common denominator. The lowest common denominator tends not to be a number in the tens of thousands.

Oh, nearly forgot, I can say we have appointed crap coach after crap coach because I believe that to be the fact.

lord bunberry
08-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I was there.

I'm going on statistics and evidence rather than groundless opinion. You can't ignore that.

You keep telling yourself that the blameless ********s in our support who really could do with anger management classes are the poor ones doing nothing wrong and run along now.

I never have and never would defend the idiotic element of our support bit I doubt their ability to affect the result and I respect that they pay their money to support the club, unlike many of the moaners on here.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I do. I swear that at the beginning of every season i rub my hands and think " right , this season we'll win the league , LC and SC"
If i didnt think like that , i would just give up.

:banana: Really ? I try and be realistic and HOPE we win the Scottish or league cup. ( Scottish cup is a Bigger hope than league cup) Would like to do a smiley but for some reason they are not working !

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I never have and never would defend the idiotic element of our support bit I doubt their ability to affect the result and I respect that they pay their money to support the club, unlike many of the moaners on here.

I've seen us crash out of two cups against poor opposition this season and I think we've not encouraged the team at all once we went behind. I'm not saying that it's the fans fault but it's part of it.

Personally, I don't respect anyone who can't control their anger problems to the point they can't stop themselves from screaming abuse at people they've not met before, I pity them.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:32 PM
For a manager to totally turn a team around in three months?

Just look at the boards for ****s sakes, .net is an utter car crash tonight. Moaners, whiners and undercover yams and what's worst is it's near impossible to tell who falls into which category. Oh, so you mean the high expectations are that a manager should turn a team round in 3 months ? Is that what Yogi was meaning too? Don`t think that is what people mean when they talk about that.

Mikey
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
undercover yams

So we keep being told. But not one has been pointed out to us yet.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I've seen us crash out of two cups against poor opposition this season and I think we've not encouraged the team at all once we went behind. I'm not saying that it's the fans fault but it's part of it.

Personally, I don't respect anyone who can't control their anger problems to the point they can't stop themselves from screaming abuse at people they've not met before, I pity them. Anger problems ? People they`ve not met before ? Its a football match, its always been the same, where have you been ?

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Oh, so you mean the high expectations are that a manager should turn a team round in 3 months ? Is that what Yogi was meaning too? Don`t think that is what people mean when they talk about that.

Well how about players getting abuse before they barely kick a ball for the team? Not giving time for players to settle, accepting that occasionally players will make mistakes and will not play every season without error.

Other teams supports manage to settle it - Tudor Jones, Craig, Vine, Collins, Nelson and many more haven't received any kind of period to settle in before being written off as ***** and it's an utter embarrasment. Unless you were a Hibby I don't see why you would want to sign for us, it's close to career suicide unless you play perfectly from day one.

Hibby Bairn
08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Didn't get a ST this year for first time in 15 years. Was sick of Fenlon's play and Easter Road was becoming a truly depressing place to be at.

Now do something else on a Saturday but have managed to get to 4 games this year.

Malmo 0-7
Stranraer 5-3
Hearts 2-1
Raith 2-3

Have been in West, FF and today in the East. Same in every stand (West is probably less aggressive and abusive), Virtually no support when things going against us. Some of the abuse today was awful. Young guys like Harris and Foster getting in tight.

We are no longer a support. A lot of guys just seem to go along to abuse players.

I think we are 4-6 months behind where we could have been if we had binned Fenlon after the 0-7 game as he should have been.

Alas. Our season is now over. I probably won't be back again this year. Just lost interest and today's experience didn't help.

Feed McGraw
08-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Well how about players getting abuse before they barely kick a ball for the team? Not giving time for players to settle, accepting that occasionally players will make mistakes and will not play every season without error.

Other teams supports manage to settle it - Tudor Jones, Craig, Vine, Collins, Nelson and many more haven't received any kind of period to settle in before being written off as ***** and it's an utter embarrasment. Unless you were a Hibby I don't see why you would want to sign for us, it's close to career suicide unless you play perfectly from day one. Mate, what I`m saying is Hibs crowd is no different to other football crowds and IMO it is unfair to have a go at an incredibly loyal support like Hibs have, even though I accept there are negative types in all supports.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Mate, what I`m saying is Hibs crowd is no different to other football crowds and IMO it is unfair to have a go at an incredibly loyal support like Hibs have, even though I accept there are negative types in all supports.

Disagree. Been dragged along to an Aberdeen game by my flatmate, the one against Hearts where they lost 1-3 but Aberdeen fans supported their team to the end. Totally different atmosphere.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 09:05 PM
To be honest, what I want to see is for us to be better in every department. I want us to play better football and get better results, but I want the match day experience to be better in terms of value and entertainment. We can do something in terms of entertainment in regards to the support - yes, all teams have negative elements in our support, but why can't we aim to be a better support than any other team?

It costs me the best part of a hundred quid for travelling to Edinburgh, something to eat, a few pints and a ticket for the game and I've even found myself having a good day out in games we've lost away from home because the support has been great. I got no enjoyment from today and felt that it was a real waste of money.

I'd love to take our away support and get the same spirit at Easter Road. Other teams would fear us if we could do that. More people would want to attend.

I'm a great believer that positivity breeds more positivity - we can help our club achieve more, we can assist in bringing the feel good factor back to Easter Road - it'll take a change of attitude but it can be done. We're stuck in a rut both on and off the pitch and we can say "Well why don't the team give the fans something to cheer about" but it'll take time for Butcher to turn the team around, we can make an impact in the stands now​.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Disagree. Been dragged along to an Aberdeen game by my flatmate, the one against Hearts where they lost 1-3 but Aberdeen fans supported their team to the end. Totally different atmosphere.

They have had the odd bad result in an otherwise great season. Do you think they would have been so happy clappy if they had lost 1-3 to ICT or D UTD at home?

No, me neither.

wookie70
08-02-2014, 09:14 PM

The good support didn't seem to work out for them in that game getting beat 1-3. Was the 12th man more important than the sending off.

Aberdeen have been pretty similar to Hibs in terms of under-performing for years. We may have had more success (League Cup win) up to this season where they have done well. Have their fans just become good fans all of a sudden or is it perhaps that their team are doing well. I wonder if you had went to a game there last year if they would have been so supportive. If they were that supportive it never worked for them last year and many of those previous to that.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Didn't get a ST this year for first time in 15 years. Was sick of Fenlon's play and Easter Road was becoming a truly depressing place to be at.

Now do something else on a Saturday but have managed to get to 4 games this year.

Malmo 0-7
Stranraer 5-3
Hearts 2-1
Raith 2-3

Have been in West, FF and today in the East. Same in every stand (West is probably less aggressive and abusive), Virtually no support when things going against us. Some of the abuse today was awful. Young guys like Harris and Foster getting in tight.

We are no longer a support. A lot of guys just seem to go along to abuse players.

I think we are 4-6 months behind where we could have been if we had binned Fenlon after the 0-7 game as he should have been.

Alas. Our season is now over. I probably won't be back again this year. Just lost interest and today's experience didn't help.

You nailed it with that post.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:21 PM
You nailed it with that post.

Did he?

I'm a supporter but I'm sick of the *****. Yet I still go, unlike Tory Hibby who can't be bothered anymore.

And I'm the one (or the kind of person he posts about) who is being slagged off?

Something not right there....

jeffers
08-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Northenhibee I love your attitude and positivity but IMO there is too much emphasis put on the impact of a small minority of fans giving players a hard time for inept performances. Whereas I can think of numerous games in the 40+ years since I first attended a Hibs game where we gave them tremendous backing only to be let down.

Bronson
08-02-2014, 09:35 PM

That sums it up nicely:top marks

Some of the pish you hear people shouting at games is ridiculous, no one can deny it has a negative effect on the players.

The fans are a huge reason why our home record is so abysmal IMO, a lot of 'supporters' seem to turn up just to have a good moan for 90 mins.

hibs4thecup1988
08-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't know how anyone can consider it's the fans fault.

We have such a hardcore group of fans! Other teams in our situation would toil to get 5/6,000 at games yet we always get close if not over 10,000 without fail. The fans go to back the team.

After today I don't know how many more games I'll be too sadly and I'm a season ticket holder

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Just to be clear again. I'm not saying that it's "all" the fans fault.

Some of our supporters are fantastic and follow the team through thick and thin. But there's this horrible element to our fanbase.

We have fans that turn up to Easter Road "expecting" Hibs to lose, just so they can have a right good boo when it happens.

As has been pointed out already. The statstics don't lie. There's a reason why our record at home is becoming considerably worse than our away record and that it doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference what players come in or leave.

We perhaps have 100 or so fans around the Section 43 area that really get behind the team and back them to the hilt., but for a support of 10-15K, that simply isn't good enough.

It's either complete silence, or 90 minutes of torrid abuse towards lads who are still finding their way in the game.

Whats our solution? To bicker with one another on Hibs.net and to accuse one another of being undercover Hearts fans.

We get EXACTLY what we deserve.

wookie70
09-02-2014, 01:11 AM

As has been pointed out already. The statstics don't lie. There's a reason why our record at home is becoming considerably worse than our away record and that it doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference what players come in or leave.

This season we have 14 points at home and 14 away from ER
Last year ER 28 points and away 23 points
2011/12 ER 13 points away 20 points
2010/11 ER 21 points away 16 points
2009/10 ER 31 points away 23 points

I would say the stats point the other way so not sure about the point you are making. We are not good enough at ER but to be fair we are not good enough away from ER. I went back as far as the new East in case the Stand has something to do with it. The dugouts being swapped round, the slope being leveled and the demise of green popcorn could all have played a part too.

lord bunberry
09-02-2014, 10:30 AM
This season we have 14 points at home and 14 away from ER
Last year ER 28 points and away 23 points
2011/12 ER 13 points away 20 points
2010/11 ER 21 points away 16 points
2009/10 ER 31 points away 23 points

I would say the stats point the other way so not sure about the point you are making. We are not good enough at ER but to be fair we are not good enough away from ER. I went back as far as the new East in case the Stand has something to do with it. The dugouts being swapped round, the slope being leveled and the demise of green popcorn could all have played a part too.

Interesting, so were actually better at home than we are away. All those big bad men shouting abuse at our players are going to have to up their game, maybe we should encourage them to bring a friend to games or maybe a megaphone.

silverhibee
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Just to be clear again. I'm not saying that it's "all" the fans fault.

Some of our supporters are fantastic and follow the team through thick and thin. But there's this horrible element to our fanbase.

We have fans that turn up to Easter Road "expecting" Hibs to lose, just so they can have a right good boo when it happens.

We perhaps have 100 or so fans around the Section 43 area that really get behind the team and back them to the hilt., but for a support of 10-15K, that simply isn't good enough.

It's either complete silence, or 90 minutes of torrid abuse towards lads who are still finding their way in the game.

Whats our solution? To bicker with one another on Hibs.net and to accuse one another of being undercover Hearts fans.

F***ing nonsense, but it will soon become another .net FACT.

If the players cannot cope with the pressure then get them to **** and get players in that can deal with it, this kind of stuff happens at grounds around the world, do you think celtc fans were happy with there defeat yesterday, nope they booed there team of the park and there fans have taken to MBs to let rip at there team and manager, it happens every where, we just have to many drama queens complaining about a few sweary words at the ground, if it bothers folk that much then say something to the offender about it rather than coming on here bleating about it.

What's the solution, the players roll up there sleeves and get on with the job in hand, to quote Mr Butcher from yesterday, "the players deserved to be booed of the park at full time".

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 01:32 PM
F***ing nonsense, but it will soon become another .net FACT.

If the players cannot cope with the pressure then get them to **** and get players in that can deal with it, this kind of stuff happens at grounds around the world, do you think celtc fans were happy with there defeat yesterday, nope they booed there team of the park and there fans have taken to MBs to let rip at there team and manager, it happens every where, we just have to many drama queens complaining about a few sweary words at the ground, if it bothers folk that much then say something to the offender about it rather than coming on here bleating about it.

What's the solution, the players roll up there sleeves and get on with the job in hand, to quote Mr Butcher from yesterday, "the players deserved to be booed of the park at full time".

I never said they didn't deserve it.

But dishing out what is deserved, isn't always the answer in the long run, even if you feel that justice is being served in the short term.

We have this attitude that "if you can't handle our hatred towards you, then play for another club".

Which of course, they do. Which comes back to haunt us when they visit ER and run circles around us with the support of fans who actually back them and fill them with the confidence to do it.

Away fans have it easy at ER. The don't have to abuse our players and mount heaps of pressure on them, because we do it for them...... brilliant.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Ive never heard any Hibs fan come out with any of that "if you can't handle our hatred towards you" nonsense, stop making things up.

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Ive never heard any Hibs fan come out with any of that "if you can't handle our hatred towards you" nonsense, stop making things up.

it's more or less what is being implied.

We have fans who think shouting torrid abuse at players is ok whenever they make a mistake.

How is that not hatred?

We've created an atmosphere that makes it impossible for players to perform to the best of their abilities.

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2014, 01:57 PM

awk stop it eh

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM

We have fans who think shouting torrid abuse at players is ok whenever they make a mistake.

How is that not hatred?

We've created an atmosphere that makes it impossible for players to perform to the best of their abilities.

Drama queen.

silverhibee
09-02-2014, 02:07 PM

How is that not hatred?

Nonsense Nonsense Nonsense

Stop making things up will you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 02:15 PM

How is that not hatred?

Nobody is expecting Hibs to knock the ball about a la Barcelona. Its the perceived lack of effort at times that causes most frustration in the stands as opposed to the skill or lack thereof on show at the moment.

wookie70
09-02-2014, 02:16 PM

How is that not hatred?

As I have pointed out we are better over the last 5 years at ER than away. Everything you say is what you feel but you have no evidence. I have given you quite a few examples of why I think you are for the most part wrong in terms of the scale of effect. Can you counyer with domething tangible or is it just what you think. No harm in that but dont expect to convince other hibees with mere thoughts.

I actually think we would hsve a chance of winning the league if we booed the team from the start of every match. We would need a good 40 thousand more on our average gate though to secure players who are good enough.

Brizo
09-02-2014, 02:28 PM

How is that not hatred?

"Torrid abuse"... you should write headlines for the tabloids

Around about me apathy ruled. General consensus same old same old.

I can think of any number of games where the atmosphere has been brilliant and the players have failed to respond to that positivity. Various trips to Hampden. Loads at ER . Throughout Section 43 era and before that games like the final game of the old East Terracing where the atmosphere was incredible and the game was incredibly bad.

Id suggest that most Hibs players do perform to the best of their abilities, whether there names are getting sung from the rafters or whether a small minority of victor meldrews are giving them pelters. The problem is that the best of their abilities often isn't a particularly high standard.

wookie70
09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
I suspect our home record with Section 43 in full voice is far worse than the similar period before they started. I have great respect for the effort the guys in Section 43 put in to get the atmosphere going but I suspect if they did an effect against results analysis they would be sitting on their hands with lips firmly sealed. The atmosphere at ER is definitely enhanced by the Section 43 guys but they are farting against the thunder of below average players.

aunty joyce
09-02-2014, 06:18 PM
*Repetitive Cycle Alert*

Totally agree with your post but unfortunately you're hitting your head off a brick wall trying to convince others of our responsibility as "SUPPORTERS" . . . Some are only happy when hurling abusive personal remarks towards the players in OUR team.

DaveF
09-02-2014, 06:25 PM

How is that not hatred?

I'm just glad you were not around when we 'fans' could stand at games and the players could really hear what we thought of them.

Your sensitive wee soul would have been shattered.

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 07:01 PM

How is that not hatred?

You're bang on the money.

The Voice Of Reason
09-02-2014, 07:23 PM

No he's not - he's miles off the mark! :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you attended more games you would hear the fantastic support (especially with S43 on board) that the fans give the team - especially considering the dreadful fayre that has largely been on offer from Fenlon's bunch of overpaid goons.

This "hatred towards the team" stuff is nonsense! :aok:

wookie70
09-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Is there any correlation in the ages of those who think their support can make a massive difference and those we think it is a very small factor.

I might be completely wrong but when I was younger, lets say early 20s, I would sing my heart out in the East and be up for every match. The sways were incredible and the atmosphere for the big games was amazing. Poisonous with huge numbers of songs, secterian undertones and loads of abuse hurled at the opposition mostly x-rated and hate filled. Just like gigs back then being in the crowd was almost as important as watching the game. I loved the atmosphere but can't say I really thought it would have a huge effect. It was more of a way of making the event more exciting and getting one over the opposing fans.

After decades of giving support and watching huge numbers of Hibees streaming out of Finals, semi Finals and Cup and League Games at Easter Road with their face tripping them I now tend to watch the game and study what is happening. I'll join in with a song or two but will also speak to my son and the guys around me about the good or bad we are seeing in front of us. The Famous Five lower is pretty atmosphere free so you would need a neck like a bag of giraffes to stand and belt out a song. I will also boo if the team have been particularly bad, usually at the end but sometimes at half time.

I would love to see what my generation would make of 50K crowds at ER and how the young Team would feel about the rebel songs, violence and hatred of the 80s when I was one of the young team.

One thing is for sure. Football is nowhere near as good as it was in the 70-80s and then it was probably worse then than it was in the 50s. The atmosphere now is more like a cinema than what Football grounds used to be like. Players and managers are here for 5 minutes and disappear as soon as they get a few quid more in wages. They show clubs very little loyalty but the fans are still expected to treat them like heroes and not give them it tight when they are playing poorly. The one constant in my 40 years of watching Hibs has been that the Team, with a few seasons exceptions, are generally disappointing regardless of the support.

I'll stop rambling and ask the question. Are the Young Team (16-25 years old) more likely to think they can effect the result by giving the team their best support than us old guys. That may be because they haven't had as many set backs as older supporters or their boundless energy. This is going to sound patronising but it isn't intended to. Could it be the youth of today are just programmed to think they are very important people and will have an effect on everything.

eastterrace
09-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Perhaps if you attended more games you would hear the fantastic support (especially with S43 on board) that the fans give the team - especially considering the dreadful fayre that has largely been on offer from Fenlon's bunch of overpaid goons.

your spot on mate we give the team great backing, but they keep letting us down, not just now and again its nearly all the time. okay there are a few that moan but you get that at all clubs. all this pish its the fans fault what a load o crap , its the players fault. look at when it was1-1 the game was just plodding along then they scored there second then we upped the pace andgot the equalizer then tried to get in front just before half time so why does it take a goal to go in against us for us to start trying why cant we do that for most of the game, so its no the fans fault.

silverhibee
09-02-2014, 07:45 PM

Drama Queen

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 07:46 PM

He's not, he's right. The amount of abuse I heard yesterday was just embarrasing.

To be honest I'd much rather spend my money on away games - the away support are superb, you're more likely to see some good football and it's far more enjoyable considering the cost on getting down to ER and all the things that go with it from Elgin.

Northernhibee
09-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Drama Queen

Got anything better than namecalling?

The Voice Of Reason
09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
He's not, he's right. The amount of abuse I heard yesterday was just embarrasing.

To be honest I'd much rather spend my money on away games - the away support are superb, you're more likely to see some good football and it's far more enjoyable considering the cost on getting down to ER and all the things that go with it from Elgin.

Lets agree to disagree then (as usual!)

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I'll stop rambling and ask the question. Are the Young Team (16-25 years old) more likely to think they can effect the result by giving the team their best support than us old guys. That may be because they haven't had as many set backs as older supporters or their boundless energy. This is going to sound patronising but it isn't intended to. Could it be the youth of today are just programmed to think they are very important people and will have an effect on everything.

Quite an interesting question that one, particularly looking forward to the responses to the last sentence from the varying demographics! :greengrin

wookie70
09-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I thought I would get away with it as it was so far into a long rambling post. Thanks for changing that:shhhsh!::wink:

silverhibee
09-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Got anything better than namecalling?

Loads, but since your a wee sensitive soul i will just leave it at Drama Queen. :aok:

silverhibee
09-02-2014, 09:00 PM

And yet all i heard was encouragement from the fans where i sit in the East.

Nope, they are just the same fans who go along to ER.

But if your happy to put your money in to other clubs rather than Hibs then you crack on, or come sit up in the East away from the nasty bad fans you supposedly sit beside.