PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Thoughts on how he played?

DarrenSQH
08-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Did ok. Was a shambles he was allowed to play.

sbell1875
08-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Watmore got past him a couple of times in each half but overall he looked ok. Certainly looked good enough to come back at the end of the season and compete for a place with McGivern next season.

Andy74
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Didn't really notice him. Good or bad. Would we be looking to sign him if he was their player? Would hope for better.

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Watmore got past him a couple of times in each half but overall he looked ok. Certainly looked good enough to come back at the end of the season and compete for a place with McGivern next season.

:agree: he did well going forward and was tidy with the ball - good overlapping on a number of occasions

sbell1875
08-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Didn't really notice him. Good or bad. Would we be looking to sign him if he was their player? Would hope for better.

So we get him to sign a long term deal, loan him out to gain experience and hopefully improve as a player and then don't even give him another chance when he comes back from his loan move?

Give me strength.

hibee_girl
08-02-2014, 05:06 PM

:agree: only paid attention to him because he's our player, he wasn't anything special

coldingham hibs
08-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Best full-back on the park today. Didn't have to do much for that that though. I knew allowing him to play was going to come back and bite us. Unlke our players he had something to prove.

Raith wingers showed up how poor our full-backs were.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Best full-back on the park today. Didn't have to do much for that that though. I knew allowing him to play was going to come back and bite us. Unlke our players he had something to prove.

Cardle inparticular.

Bleeds green
08-02-2014, 05:40 PM

'Come back to bite us' it was definitely not because booth played today we got beat!! Bigging him up far too much he was ok nothing more nothing less

coldingham hibs
08-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I thought the number 11 caused loads of problems, Raith played the high ball to him all game and he gave Lewis a torrid time. Butcher should have done something to prevent this, only once or twice did Hanlon move across.

KeithTheHibby
08-02-2014, 06:02 PM

You will notice how bad we are on the left with Lewis playing full back and having nobody supporting him? Since Mcgivern has went off injured we have shipped 10 goals in 3 games, pathetic.

I'd have Booth back if only to be a squad player.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Thoughts on how he played?

Average and did not have to be any better. Still, he'd walk into this current hibs team.

thebakerboy
08-02-2014, 07:34 PM

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY FULL BACKS IN OUR FIRST TEAM SQUAD . I DO NOT KNOW HOW OFTEN I HAVE TO SAY THIS ON HERE , I AM TOTALLY FED UP WITH OUR FULL BACK PROBLEM , see my thread re square pegs and round holes. As to Booth thought he looked taller than when I last saw him and he still looked good going forward but defensively he was the first of 3 players booked for tripping Whatmore.

scoopyboy
08-02-2014, 07:34 PM
I thought he played well enough but my biggest observation is that he has a better physique now than the player we saw in a Hibs jersey.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 07:41 PM
I thought he played well enough but my biggest observation is that he has a better physique now than the player we saw in a Hibs jersey.

Agreed

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I hope he gets another chance at Hibs. Looked outstanding when he first came into the team.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Looked better than our fullbacks today.

trev the hat
08-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Best full-back on the park today

See above

hibbysam
08-02-2014, 11:43 PM

I thought he looked very skinny scoop, like he had lost weight since he left us... Barely recognised him at first but may just be my eyesight more than anything else! Booth doesn't waste many balls... I'd still like to see him deployed as our left midfielder next season and see how that goes in front of mcgivern.

oldbutdim
08-02-2014, 11:46 PM

That was my thought too.

Bigger.
Stronger.

Winner.

oldbutdim
08-02-2014, 11:47 PM
I thought he looked very skinny scoop, like he had lost weight since he left us... Barely recognised him at first but may just be my eyesight more than anything else! Booth doesn't waste many balls... I'd still like to see him deployed as our left midfielder next season and see how that goes in front of mcgivern.

Specsavers.
:aok:

LancsHibs
08-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Looked better than our fullbacks today.

Really, thought Stevenson was good today, Forster was pretty poor.

Pete
09-02-2014, 01:35 AM

Forster was dreadful and their winger had him in his pocket.

I don't think he is the solution in that position and it's almost like the elephant in the room.

He's a natural centre half, as is McGivern in my opinion.

Our defence is not good enough and we need some real solutions in the wide areas. Forster is being asked to play like a young Ashley Cole when he clearly doesn't have the pace or stamina to do so.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 02:04 AM
Forster was dreadful and their winger had him in his pocket.

I don't think he is the solution in that position and it's almost like the elephant in the room.

He's a natural centre half, as is McGivern in my opinion.

Our defence is not good enough and we need some real solutions in the wide areas. Forster is being asked to play like a young Ashley Cole when he clearly doesn't have the pace or stamina to do so.
I have been saying this for a while now. Forster is a centre half and the manager should not be playing him if he doesn't think he is ready to play as a centre half. He is not a full back and never will be. How many times are we going to ruin young players careers by playing them out of position just to give them a game. The inevitable will happen here. A few bad games at full back, loss of confidence, fans getting on his back, dropped, freed, played at centre half with another club and flourishes.

Brooster
09-02-2014, 07:19 AM

Your entitled to your opinion but I cannot agree. Every opposing goalkeeper sends every high ball in his direction , Lewis gets nowhere near it and our opponents retain possession. ...happens every week. Booth in my opinion was way better than both our full backs yesterday, good positional sense, composed on the ball and nice first time passing. Yes Watmore got past hima couple of times but he will get past most full backs I would think.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Your entitled to your opinion but I cannot agree. Every opposing goalkeeper sends every high ball in his direction , Lewis gets nowhere near it and our opponents retain possession. ...happens every week. Booth in my opinion was way better than both our full backs yesterday, good positional sense, composed on the ball and nice first time passing. Yes Watmore got past hima couple of times but he will get past most full backs I would think.

Of course Stevenson at LB will get targeted in the air, my question is - why not give him some support ? Craig could shuffle over for Kick out"s and give him a hand

On your other point - I agree that booth . Although he wasn't that great , was better than both ours yesterday

Brooster
09-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Of course Stevenson at LB will get targeted in the air, my question is - why not give him some support ? Craig could shuffle over for Kick out"s and give him a hand

On your other point - I agree that booth . Although he wasn't that great , was better than both ours yesterday

Fair point but why play a left back who needs cover at set pieces? If you cannot win a high ball you shouldn't be in a Hibs defence or midfield

3pm
09-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Fair point but why play a left back who needs cover at set pieces? If you cannot win a high ball you shouldn't be in a Hibs defence or midfield

Russell Latapy was!!! :o)

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 08:05 AM

It doesn't happen every week, just when Lewis has to fill in at full back. I am not a fan of McGivern but since Lewis has went to full back we have lost 10 goals at home and is it not a coincidence that our midfield now looks poor without him. He takes a lot of stick but when Butcher first arrived Stevenson was probably our best performer.
Other teams seem to play natural fullbacks whereas a succession of Hibs managers don't.

Albanian Hibs
09-02-2014, 08:06 AM
I totally forgot he was playing today.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 08:08 AM

You're joking right ? We can only play tall players ? Stevenson had a tough shift yesterday, he is a midfielder but often takes one for the team and plays where asked - out of interest , who would you have picked for LB yesterday instead ?

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Below average height players out, big massive gadgies in.

Brooster
09-02-2014, 08:47 AM
You're joking right ? We can only play tall players ? Stevenson had a tough shift yesterday, he is a midfielder but often takes one for the team and plays where asked - out of interest , who would you have picked for LB yesterday instead ?

My back 4 wouldve been Boetang Forster Nelson Hanlon. Stevenson out of his depth at full back.

Heisenberg
09-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Forster and Nelson have both been dreadful at the back for a few games now. Add that to Stevenson playing at left back and we've been shipping soft goals all over the place. It also seems Williams has lost all of his ability as well.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 08:50 AM
My back 4 wouldve been Boetang Forster Nelson Hanlon. Stevenson out of his depth at full back.

I don't think either Forster or Nelson can play left side of defence ...

Brooster
09-02-2014, 08:56 AM
I don't think either Forster or Nelson can play left side of defence ...

Neither do I.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Neither do I.

I'm including left side of central defence....

Beefster
09-02-2014, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't bum up Booth on the basis of yesterday. If I had the pick of the Raith team yesterday, I don't think Booth would have even merited a mention.

Brooster
09-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm including left side of central defence....

I'm sure Nelson and Forster couldve played dual centre halves yesterday to cope with Raith's lone central striker. My point is that Hanlon would've handled the high ball route that Raith were taking up their right side, a threat Stevenson was unable to cope with.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm sure Nelson and Forster couldve played dual centre halves yesterday to cope with Raith's lone central striker. My point is that Hanlon would've handled the high ball route that Raith were taking up their right side, a threat Stevenson was unable to cope with.

Nelson was murder in his good side , and Forster looked poor when he had to play left side previously

Why couldn't the defence all move over one to help Stevenson at long balls rather than leave him isolated all game ...