PDA

View Full Version : Penalty?

Gus Fring
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm just back and wondered if the challenge on Watmore was a penalty? Looked it from where I was in the FF upper.

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm just back and wondered if the challenge on Watmore was a penalty? Looked it from where I was in the FF upper.

I also thought so - but then i was looking for anything that might drag us back into it.

The Raith 2nd Goal when lino flagged off side - what did Ref over rule for?

Dibben
08-02-2014, 05:24 PM
I also thought so - but then i was looking for anything that might drag us back into it.

Would love to see whether he got that right or not.

If not, then he's totally inept. Shouldn't be making that decision unless he's sure.

Anyone know if it was a good call by the ref?

Gus Fring

I didn't realise the assistant flagged? I seen the players complaining and assumed they were arguing.

givescotlandfreedom
Looked a penalty to me. The ref was as bad as us today.

thebakerboy
08-02-2014, 05:25 PM

He didn't seem to over rule the lino he just point blank refused to even look at him , kept his back to him until after the restart.

JollyGreenGiant
08-02-2014, 05:27 PM
It was a stonewaller for me looking from FF Lower!

Pretty Boy
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM
They guy definitely got a foot on the ball.

But 'playing the ball' isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules contrary to popular belief. He went right through the back of Watmore to play the ball and took the legs away clearly.

It was a penalty. One of a number of piss poor decisions.

lumbo_hfc
08-02-2014, 05:38 PM
The only reason i can think the goal was allowed and the ref over ruled the lino is because the lino thought there player had flicked the free kick on when infact the ref seen it was liam craig it came off and seemed pretty sure about it.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Flag was up a good couple of seconds before they scored.I wasn't even bothered when the ball hit the back of the net because I'd seen the flag go up. And then I got confused when I saw them continue to celebrate. No idea what happened.

:agree: Same with me.

I was actually mocking the Raith Rovers fans when they first started celebrating because I had seen the flag go up a number of seconds before the ball hit the net.

I couldn't believe it when they continued celebrating and we were carrying the ball towards the centre circle to kick off again.

wookie70
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Looked a pen to me from the Famous Five Upper

PPZPOL
08-02-2014, 05:43 PM
They should have had a pen when boy was carried off before ht. Forster was about a minute late (pretty much a theme thro the game for him). It was clumsy and late and I'd be looking for a penalty. The ref was boggin' tho I do agree.

Onion
08-02-2014, 07:01 PM
They should have had a pen when boy was carried off before ht. Forster was about a minute late (pretty much a theme thro the game for him). It was clumsy and late and I'd be looking for a penalty. The ref was boggin' tho I do agree.

:agree: Exactly what I thought at the time. Had he been that late with a tackle it would have been a stonewall pen so not sure why it wasn't when he stuck the head on the boy.