PDA

View Full Version : It's not ****** team

FitbaFolkKen
08-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm sick of reading this as a definition of why we have to wait for things to improve, or as an excuse. At the end of the day Butcher is in charge.

Our turnover of managers is about a year and a half going back to Bobby, this is pretty much bang on average with the rest of the UK for the last 5 years.

Why then are we in constant transition? Other teams swap managers more than us yet have more success.

Reading on here about bedwetters etc.... but let's face it his was a great chance for it to be our year. After making the final the last two years the two teams that beat us were out. But we take our new management team, a decent amount of games into their tenure with a transfer window behind them and get put out a team that could not score in 5 games in the division below us.

We've now lost 4 out of 5 conceding 14 goals if i'm right. Players like Thomson out the frame, Williams and Craig look shadows of what they were. All the talk on here is of how many chances we are creating, but we aren't scoring and are now leaking at the back which was previously our strength. The football is still pretty dire.

There are questions to be asked.Terry and Mo have a massive job on their hands as the feel good factor that they had built culminating in the derby win has been well and truly kicked out of me. Obviously I can't speak for others.

Thoroughly disappointed and underwhelmed, hopefully better times are ahead!

GGTTH

happiehibbie
08-02-2014, 04:55 PM
i'm sick of reading this as a definition of why we have to wait for things to improve, or as an excuse. At the end of the day butcher is in charge.

Our turnover of managers is about a year and a half going back to bobby, this is pretty much bang on average with the rest of the uk for the last 5 years.

Why then are we in constant transition? Other teams swap managers more than us yet have more success.

Reading on here about bedwetters etc.... But let's face it his was a great chance for it to be our year. After making the final the last two years the two teams that beat us were out. But we take our new management team, a decent amount of games into their tenure with a transfer window behind them and get put out to a team that could not score in 5 games in the division below us.

We've now lost 4 out of 5 conceding 14 goals if i'm right. Players like thomson out the frame, williams and craig look shadows of what they were. All the talk on here is of how many chances we are creating, but we aren't scoring and are now leaking at the back which was previously our strength. The football is still pretty dire.

There are questions to be asked.terry and mo have a massive job on their hands as the feel good factor that they had built culminating in the derby win has been well and truly kicked out of me. Obviously i can't speak for others.

Ggtth

this

Cropley10
08-02-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm sick of reading this as a definition of why we have to wait for things to improve, or as an excuse. At the end of the day Butcher is in charge.

Our turnover of managers is about a year and a half going back to Bobby, this is pretty much bang on average with the rest of the UK for the last 5 years.

Reading on here about bedwetters etc.... but let's face it his was a great chance for it to be our year. After making the final the last two years the two teams that beat us were out. But we take our new management team, a decent amount of games into their tenure with a transfer window behind them and get put out a team that could not score in 5 games in the division below us.

We've now lost 4 out of 5 conceding 14 goals if i'm right. Players like Thomson out the frame, Williams and Craig look shadows of what they were. All the talk on here is of how many chances we are creating, but we aren't scoring and are now leaking at the back which was previously our strength. The football is still pretty dire.

There are questions to be asked.Terry and Mo have a massive job on their hands as the feel good factor that they had built culminating in the derby win has been well and truly kicked out of me. Obviously I can't speak for others.

GGTTH

Cringe

FitbaFolkKen
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Cringe

What is cringeworthy about my post? :confused:

scuttle
08-02-2014, 05:26 PM

GGTTH

Have to agree, just look at Aberdeen, St johnstone, Dudee utd all improved imo under new managers but we appear to be going backwards again as usual

JollyGreenGiant
08-02-2014, 05:34 PM

GGTTH

:agree:

Summed up how I feel.

After a couple of weeks of the players giving a 100%, the seemed to have fallen back into their comfort zone - bunch of imposters!

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 05:40 PM

GGTTHGood post . If we appoint an experienced manager it`s because we expect him to get more out of the squad than previous managers something that is clearly not happening . No doubt there`ll be a clearout in the summer with some players having to be paid off before contracts end but can we really afford to sign better players than Craig or Heff who did well before joining us and were welcome signings ? Probably not especially without cup run cash of last 2 years which means manager has to get more out of players .

Onion
08-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Good post . If we appoint an experienced manager it`s because we expect him to get more out of the squad than previous managers something that is clearly not happening . No doubt there`ll be a clearout in the summer with some players having to be paid off before contracts end but can we really afford to sign better players than Craig or Heff who did well before joining us and were welcome signings ? Probably not especially without cup run cash of last 2 years which means manager has to get more out of players .

Can't underestimate the impact of the 2 cup finals on revenue and ST sales. Petrie will not have that this year and it looks like we're in a battle to avoid the play off spot. All in all, our budget is going to be a lot lower than the last 2 years... and shrinking.

Islington Hibs
08-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Can't underestimate the impact of the 2 cup finals on revenue and ST sales. Petrie will not have that this year and it looks like we're in a battle to avoid the play off spot. All in all, our budget is going to be a lot lower than the last 2 years... and shrinking.

Yep - today is a financial disaster. We will get very few walk ups to the end of the season now and it wouldn't surprise me if crowds drop to 6500/7000 level. I suspect we will avoid the play-offs but that is not certain.

I can't see us repeating 8000 season ticket sales and the loss of Hearts (richly deserved) will cost a further £300/400k pa. I could see us heading towards a £1/ 1.5m loss next year so I suspect the budget will be cut substantially sadly.