PDA

View Full Version : Raith fan in West Lower - acceptable?

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 04:49 PM
To whoever it was who brought the Raith fan to the game to sit amongst the home support. ..can I ask why?
The guy celebrating when they (Raith) scored really riled me! 👎
I also came back from getting a drink at half time and one Hibs fan in that area was threatening another...ugly to see!!

God Petrie
08-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Hibs fans were angry which led to a few flash points.

Raith fan should have been ejected if in home end. If he wants to watch his team go and sit with the other hertz impersonators. Bunch of clowns.

happiehibbie
08-02-2014, 04:54 PM
so what are we not big enough to except brining a friend to the game BIG deal he gets excited at his team scoring maybe we should be venting our anger elsewhere

HibeeHendo
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
so what are we not big enough to except brining a friend to the game BIG deal he gets excited at his team scoring maybe we should be venting our anger elsewhere

I have a pal who's a Jambo. Maybe I should bring him to sit next to me in the East for the next derby.

If this is true then that Raith fan is an absolute tool.

hibeemikey21
08-02-2014, 05:01 PM
To whoever it was who brought the Raith fan to the game to sit amongst the home support. ..can I ask why?
The guy celebrating when they (Raith) scored really riled me! 
I also came back from getting a drink at half time and one Hibs fan in that area was threatening another...ugly to see!!

Think I saw that. Woman was screaming at G4S to chuck one guy out. Another guy seemed to be threatening the guy everyone wanted out. Wondered what he had done.

Better entertainment than what was going on on the park.

God Petrie
08-02-2014, 05:03 PM
What happened in east in the second half. Seemed like there was a commotion.

soupy
08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
If hibs were winning 3-0, when they scored (yes I know they weren't) nobody would have gave a toss, afterall it was only Raith....

Seriously, there's a lot more to worry about than a Raith fan in the Hibs end today...

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Anyone see the guy in the east that was absolutely melted ? Lucky he never took a fall.

Aldo
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM

The guy is asking for bother if you ask me and shouldn't of been there.

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM

perfectly acceptable - grow up.

So your brought to a rage by a supporter supporting his team who deservedly scored :rolleyes: - the better team won, get over it

Forever_Green93
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Anyone see the guy in the east that was absolutely melted ? Lucky he never took a fall.

The guy sitting in section 44?

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2014, 05:27 PM
The guy sitting in section 44?

About row R seat 170 I guess, he had a light grey jumper on

libernian
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM

So your brought to a rage by a supporter supporting his team who deservedly scored :rolleyes: - the better team won, get over it
I agree - adds to the fun / banter in my opinion

Forever_Green93
08-02-2014, 05:30 PM
About row R seat 170 I guess, he had a light grey jumper on

Aye that's him haha

leggeto
08-02-2014, 05:41 PM
I thought they were chucking the person who threw something on the pitch and nearly hit booth

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
DTS... Who the hell are you!!

[QUOTE=down-the-slope;3901121]1)perfectly acceptable - grow up.
I disagree with you on that one sorry... we have a home support area and an away support area for a reason. If I wanted to be seated beside away fans I wouldn't buy my season ticket in the Hibs end.

2) So your brought to a rage by a supporter supporting his team who deservedly scored :rolleyes:
Definition of riled = annoyed! No mention of rage in my post!!

3) the better team won, get over it
Couldn't agree more....I know the better team won on the day.... have no issues with the Raith win today...

Now away and make yourself a cup of tea you irritating person and get off my case... :na na:

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
DTS... Who the hell are you!!

[QUOTE=down-the-slope;3901121]1)perfectly acceptable - grow up.
I disagree with you on that one sorry... we have a home support area and an away support area for a reason. If I wanted to be seated beside away fans I wouldn't buy my season ticket in the Hibs end.

2) So your brought to a rage by a supporter supporting his team who deservedly scored :rolleyes:
Definition of riled = annoyed! No mention of rage in my post!!

3) the better team won, get over it
Couldn't agree more....I know the better team won on the day.... have no issues with the Raith win today...
-
Now away and make yourself a cup of tea you irritating person and get off my case... :na na:

Don't start a post asking a question then if you don't want to hear a response - just in case you get annoyed by this as well as someone enjoying supporting their team :wink:

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I have a pal who's a Jambo. Maybe I should bring him to sit next to me in the East for the next derby.

If this is true then that Raith fan is an absolute tool.

:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
If two guys want to go to a game together and support different teams then where are they meant to go?

There are a couple of Raith fans at my work and if they had wanted to go with me today I would have taken them to the West no problem.

God knows what the complainers would have done in days prior to segregation.

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=Hedlund12;3901269]DTS... Who the hell are you!!

Don't start a post asking a question then if you don't want to hear a response - just in case you get annoyed by this as well as someone enjoying supporting their team :wink:

More than happy to hear/read responses... "grow up" is not what I expected to hear back but like me you are entitled to your opinion.

Good on the guy for supporting his team.... Who deserved to win.... Just don't support them beside me in the Hibs end!!!

Edinjac
08-02-2014, 06:20 PM
That raith fan had every right to be there he was in the Directors section as he is the Raith Managers son also his mum was with him who just happens to be a hibs fan!!

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
We really do have some sad pathetic gits amongst our support. I'd hate to see some of the reactions if something bad actually happened to them.

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 06:49 PM
That raith fan had every right to be there he was in the Directors section as he is the Raith Managers son also his mum was with him who just happens to be a hibs fan!!

Don't think we are talking about the same person here... This was an older "gentleman".

ian omand
08-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Yes entirely acceptable hope he has a hangover tonight.
Terry and the best coach in the world screwed up.
The just knocked thousands off their budget for next year.
Did they bother to watch the opposition prior to the game.
They were fitter faster and more committed than the cr*p we put out.

Squealing pig
08-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Back when we were in first division, I remember being in home end at starks park...away end full no probs at all

Hainan Hibs
08-02-2014, 07:07 PM
No problem at all with that. If it was a mink from the west coast it would be a different story though:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Man up FFS..

Big bad Raith fan cheering his team, hardly one of our arch enemies

Islington Hibs
08-02-2014, 07:14 PM

I have just finished watching Scotland England rugby on TV. No segregation there and despite another poor result no trouble. Sad day when we need total segregation

hibIBZ
08-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I have just finished watching Scotland England rugby on TV. No segregation there and despite another poor result no trouble. Sad day when we need total segregation
This. Just about every other sport has no segregation. Don't see why this should be an issue, it's only raith

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Judas Iscariot;3901549]

"Wo"man up FFS.. Thanks!!

:na na:

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I thought they were chucking the person who threw something on the pitch and nearly hit booth

That happened as well. Right next to me.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Harsh and unfair dts

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Haha good on him, annoying as **** to some no doubt but done it myself in much bigger games years ago with some interesting reactions.

LancsHibs
09-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Not acceptable, when I've been in the 'wrong end' I've sat on my hands when Hibs have scored. If this fan was jumping up and down then he's a tool and deserved abusing!

truehibernian
09-02-2014, 01:52 AM
Try being at Love Street when you've to change ends and dodge the missiles !!

Grow up man - a fan gets excited and fans get offended. Do supporters now go to games purely to abuse, shout angst and 'get offended' ?

Changed days, changed days - Hibs fans need to develop a bloody stomach !

Pete
09-02-2014, 02:03 AM
I like the way that we are being told to "grow up" when questioning the validity of having a supporter of an opposing team in our end.

If it was hearts or one of the Glasgow two then maturity wouldn't come into it.

It's those who can't control themselves when they are a guest who need to grow up. Those who are being selective when it comes to tribalism and rivalry within the game also need to do the same.

Raith don't need people like us patronising them.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Hibs fans were angry which led to a few flash points.

Raith fan should have been ejected if in home end. If he wants to watch his team go and sit with the other hertz impersonators. Bunch of clowns.
I agree that he should have been moved out of that area but to label away fans as "hertz impersonators" and "clowns"? Where's the justification in that?

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2014, 02:57 AM
I like the way that we are being told to "grow up" when questioning the validity of having a supporter of an opposing team in our end.

It's those who can't control themselves when they are a guest who need to grow up. Those who are being selective when it comes to tribalism and rivalry within the game also need to do the same.

Yep I don't think it's a huge deal to sit in the 'wrong' end as long as you are respectful of those around you which wouldn't include giving it lady when scoring a goal.

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2014, 03:02 AM
I agree that he should have been moved out of that area but to label away fans as "hertz impersonators" and "clowns"? Where's the justification in that?
Singing 'all the Hibees are gay' and about not winning the Scottish Cup since 1902 is straight out the Merrick song book.Bearing in mind Raith have never won it in their history maybe there were some poppy stealers there.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 03:08 AM
Singing 'all the Hibees are gay' and about not winning the Scottish Cup since 1902 is straight out the Merrick song book.Bearing in mind Raith have never won it in their history maybe there were some poppy stealers there.
I stand corrected

Steve-O
09-02-2014, 03:30 AM
If two guys want to go to a game together and support different teams then where are they meant to go?

There are a couple of Raith fans at my work and if they had wanted to go with me today I would have taken them to the West no problem.

God knows what the complainers would have done in days prior to segregation.

Why would 2 Raith fans join you in the Hibs end?

soupy
09-02-2014, 06:35 AM

Yip, and his uncle is very much a regular poster on here . Think the wee guy went to hibs games before his dad got the Raith job???

scoopyboy
09-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Why would 2 Raith fans join you in the Hibs end?

First of all IMO the West is a side and not an end.

The two guys are work collegues and friends and I wouldn't invite them to a game only to leave them at the match.

The west tends to be calmer than the other three stands and there is always a mix of fans, players families and club officials in the west every game without much bother.

I wouldn't have had any concerns if they had decided to come as there would have been nil chance of trouble from them and it would have been another two tickets purchased.

I'm_cabbaged
09-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Don't think we are talking about the same person here... This was an older "gentleman".

Wasnae a big guy with glasses was it?

gorgie greens
09-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Had the misfortune to get hospatilaty at Castle grey skull when the game was on a sunday,we lost 1-0,got some abuse that day in the main stand(fenian this and that)must have been the free bar before the game,was a few hibbys beside me we gave a short out burst off hibees,never went down too well,laugh about it now but dodgy at the time.
New the groundsman at Tynie and when they were playing with mecano building their stands he got me 2 tickets in beside the mutants,left at half time ,got told they could not gaurentee our safety.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Yip, and his uncle is very much a regular poster on here . Think the wee guy went to hibs games before his dad got the Raith job???

The OP is not referring to someone who was in the directors box , he is referring to the Raith fan in the lower west stand . I'd have no issue with Raith fan coming with his mate, as long as he respects that he is in the home end and doesn't shout , dance and cheer on his team - if he wants to do that , he can go to the away end ...simple

Hedlund12
09-02-2014, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;3902364]The OP is not referring to someone who was in the directors box , he is referring to the Raith fan in the lower west stand . I'd have no issue with Raith fan coming with his mate, as long as he respects that he is in the home end and doesn't shout , dance and cheer on his team - if he wants to do that , he can go to the away end ...simple[/QUOTE

Thanks BW...I'm a female, the guy I'm referring to didn't have glasses on (another poster asked) and guy didn't sit on his hands (as someone suggested would have been the clever thing to do). It was clear when their first goal went in that the only guy up on his feet in the Hibs SIDE -celebrating was a Raith fan.

Although I didn't witness what happened at half time, when I came back to my seat G4 were trying to diffuse a situation and threatened to evict people from the Stand. Someone beside me thought it all stemmed from an argument over the dissatisfaction of this guy.
Thanks for your response -I like you -think it would have been better if the guy had been in the away end. (Quite rightly so...celebrating their well deserved win).😃

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Shocking, truly shocking, dear dear. I think all football fans should be chipped, and an explosive device activated if they enter the wrong section of the ground. It's the only way we can keep our children safe.

bigwheel
09-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Shocking, truly shocking, dear dear. I think all football fans should be chipped, and an explosive device activated if they enter the wrong section of the ground. It's the only way we can keep our children safe.

Quite funny , but as I was relatively near that area, the incident actually caused an argument amongst a group of fans...and as a result a woman (amongst others ) seemed clearly unsettled and uncomfortable by the situation ..could have been avoided and wasn't helpful

Hedlund12
09-02-2014, 09:19 AM

Great suggestion...lets take it to the next level of imagination. ...
l hope at the next home game one of your suggested chipped fans is sitting next to you...eating a filled roll and both the fan and his filled roll explode in your face!!! BOOM..
Now that's my idea of entertainment. ...
P.s. if I'm sitting near I'll pass you a tissue or two - cause I'm nice that way!! I like to protect the children...😅

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Had the misfortune to get hospatilaty at Castle grey skull when the game was on a sunday,we lost 1-0,got some abuse that day in the main stand(fenian this and that)must have been the free bar before the game,was a few hibbys beside me we gave a short out burst off hibees,never went down too well,laugh about it now but dodgy at the time.
New the groundsman at Tynie and when they were playing with mecano building their stands he got me 2 tickets in beside the mutants,left at half time ,got told they could not gaurentee our safety.

Am I the only one that can see a pattern emerging here?

Quite funny , but as I was relatively near that area, the incident actually caused an argument amongst a group of fans...and as a result a woman (amongst others ) seemed clearly unsettled and uncomfortable by the situation ..could have been avoided and wasn't helpful

Fair enough.

gegs70
09-02-2014, 09:34 AM
I have no problem bringing friends to these games but most of them would sit on their hands and smile without geting to carried away.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Great suggestion...lets take it to the next level of imagination. ...
l hope at the next home game one of your suggested chipped fans is sitting next to you...eating a filled roll and both the fan and his filled roll explode in your face!!! BOOM..
Now that's my idea of entertainment. ...
P.s. if I'm sitting near I'll pass you a tissue or two - cause I'm nice that way!! I like to protect the children...

Yes

PapillonVert
09-02-2014, 08:17 PM

Well, just my PoV but, my God, we should all be able to sit at a football match and support our teams without getting upset about others who don't support the same team as us.

My late father used to support a different team and we went to matches together and were able to share banter but not be at each other's throats if the other's team scored.

Used to also attend Derby games with mixed support without any rancour or bitterness.

Also been to many rugby internationals at Murrrayfield including with my Dearly Beloved who is Irish - were we supposed to sit at opposite ends of the ground?

We are supposed to live in an advanced, civilised society - if people can't enjoy a sporting occasion together, what does that say about us?

As I say, just my PoV.

Brizo
09-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Well, just my PoV but, my God, we should all be able to sit at a football match and support our teams without getting upset about others who don't support the same team as us.

My late father used to support a different team and we went to matches together and were able to share banter but not be at each other's throats if the other's team scored.

Used to also attend Derby games with mixed support without any rancour or bitterness.

Also been to many rugby internationals at Murrrayfield including with my Dearly Beloved who is Irish - were we supposed to sit at opposite ends of the ground?

We are supposed to live in an advanced, civilised society - if people can't enjoy a sporting occasion together, what does that say about us?

As I say, just my PoV.

You are talking far too much common sense for this thread.

My memories of the pre segregation era are that fans more or less self segregated. What formal segregation including fencing did was stop the fighting that happened in the no mans land between the rival sets of fans.

I don't get anyone getting annoyed by a RR fan in our stands celebrating. Having gone afaik 5 games without scoring a goal the RR fan probably couldn't believe they had scored , let alone away in the cup vs an SPFL team. In an ideal world they would have sat on their hands but under the circumstances... lets be realistic.

Unfortunately segregation is necessary by the fact that football attracts a pondlife element not found in other sports. Theres been a lot of games where I wish certain fellow Hibs fans could be segregated away from me in some kind of jakey /wannabee wideo enclosure.

Holmesdale Hibs
09-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Not acceptable, when I've been in the 'wrong end' I've sat on my hands when Hibs have scored. If this fan was jumping up and down then he's a tool and deserved abusing!

Agree. Going in the other end is only acceptable if you're willing to keep your mouth shut. Doing otherwise is outright stupid. The guy should have been chucked out and sounds like he was lucky not to get a serious kick-in.

down-the-slope
09-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Harsh and unfair dts

Is it? want to explain why

Football for me is about supporting who you support - don't get the hate and rage some get at others for doing just that to their team.

I was brought up in the days when teams changed ends at HT and yes there were a bit of banter and verbals...but funnily enough the only time I saw it get out of hand was at Starks park when Raith played Hibs at Starks Park (as a 13 year old) and I was in the Home end and got my skull fractured by some loser from the Hibs support throwing a brick into the crowd.

joe breezy
10-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Was a he Raith Rovers casual on a kamikaze mission?

Doesn't sound like it so who cares?

There's a big difference between Hearts, Celtic or Rangers fans and all the others as their 'fans' are known for violent and provocative behaviour.

brianmc
10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
I thought it was quite clearly stated in the 'ground regulations' printed on the back of your ticket that the area mentioned is for home fans only-fans entering the wrong area will be ejected? Just saying likes, I've got a season ticket card so apologies if this is no longer the case.

coco mc
10-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I sit a few seats along from the guys should brought the Raith fan
And they were clearly loving the reaction that there mate was causing however these guys are some of the loudest cringiest supporters I've had the misfortune of being near constantly getting shouted down by supporters around them.
I can almost guarantee that if it was myself who had brought the fella in THEY would have went mental FACT

dangermouse
10-02-2014, 08:59 AM
I have a Raith supporting friend who has been really down on his luck recently. He was going to go to the game but finances dictated that he could not make it. Fortunately for him another friend, who could not make the game, gave him his season ticket so he got to go after all. He enjoyed a pre match pint with me in behind the goals and I gave him a lift home.

He never caused any trouble and was very apologetic to me after the game as he expected Raith to get a right doing. I'm really glad he got to see his team as he doesn't get the chance very often and both myself and his other friend were 100% confident he would not cause any bother which was the case.

I'd do the same again.

Moon unit
10-02-2014, 09:17 AM

I sat in the Raith end as I went to the game with RR supporting pal and his dad..just applauded,nobody gave a toss. Agree if the guy jumped up and down like a maniac he's asking for abuse!

Geo_1875
10-02-2014, 01:14 PM
We often have threads on here slating Hibs for not encouraging tourists, students and other assorted visitors to Edinburgh along to Easter Road.

Now if we did get a "neutral" football supporter along to the game would he be given written instructions that he is only allowed to cheer/clap/go mental when Hibs score?

Imagine the uproar if the Ladyboys of Bangkok turned up and turned out to be hertz fans.

lord bunberry
10-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Did the Raith fan get thrown out?

marinello59
10-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I've said it before, I would love to see us working towards ending segregation. We complain about over policing of football fans yet we still fully grown adults attending games who are thrown in to a fury by the site of a someone sitting in the 'wrong' end. It's crazy.

lord bunberry
10-02-2014, 01:28 PM
I've said it before, I would love to see us working towards ending segregation. We complain about over policing of football fans yet we still fully grown adults attending games who are thrown in to a fury by the site of a someone sitting in the 'wrong' end. It's crazy.

I don't want an end to segregation, the thought of away fans jumping around rubbing our faces in it after we concede a goal or lose a game isn't my idea of an enjoyable day at the football. I've nothing against having a section of the stadium were fans can mix if they want, but I wouldn't go there. I'm not old enough to remember what it was like before segregation and I would imagine people of my age and younger would prefer segregation to remain.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I thought it was quite clearly stated in the 'ground regulations' printed on the back of your ticket that the area mentioned is for home fans only-fans entering the wrong area will be ejected? Just saying likes, I've got a season ticket card so apologies if this is no longer the case.

I'm sure there's rules about foul and abusive language too.

I don't want an end to segregation, the thought of away fans jumping around rubbing our faces in it after we concede a goal or lose a game isn't my idea of an enjoyable day at the football. I've nothing against having a section of the stadium were fans can mix if they want, but I wouldn't go there. I'm not old enough to remember what it was like before segregation and I would imagine people of my age and younger would prefer segregation to remain.

What is it your actually frightened of, fans annoying you, or how you would react?

There is no reason that people can't enjoy a bit of banter without a fight. IMO the minute you separate fans, you give the cowards the chance to say things they otherwise wouldn't.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 07:24 PM

What is it your actually frightened of, fans annoying you, or how you would react?

There is no reason that people can't enjoy a bit of banter without a fight. IMO the minute you separate fans, you give the cowards the chance to say things they otherwise wouldn't.

Sadly not true, times have changed.

Phil D. Rolls
10-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Sadly not true, times have changed.

You're right, but its very sad.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=Filled Rolls;3904113]You're right, but its very sad.[/QUOTE

Yes it certainly is, had many great exchanges with opposition fans that would probably result in some daftie wanting to go boxing these days.

lord bunberry
10-02-2014, 08:59 PM

I'm not frightened of anything, I enjoy being at the game with like minded individuals all supporting the same team, I'm certainly not frightened of how I might react to away fans celebrating a goal next to me, I know how I would react, it would spoil the match day experience for me. I've no worries about the potential trouble non segregation would bring as I'm not the type to get involved in that sort of thing.

Jpdhfc
10-02-2014, 09:19 PM

Criminal offence to knowingly enter the wrong end off a football stadium in Scotland

Speedy
10-02-2014, 09:31 PM

If you can't sit beside someone who supports a different team without causing aggro then you need to grow up.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Criminal offence to knowingly enter the wrong end off a football stadium in Scotland

Seeing as every other offence is ignored so what!

Jonnyboy
10-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Is it? want to explain why

Football for me is about supporting who you support - don't get the hate and rage some get at others for doing just that to their team.

I was brought up in the days when teams changed ends at HT and yes there were a bit of banter and verbals...but funnily enough the only time I saw it get out of hand was at Starks park when Raith played Hibs at Starks Park (as a 13 year old) and I was in the Home end and got my skull fractured by some loser from the Hibs support throwing a brick into the crowd.

Just felt the 'grow up' jibe was uncalled for. The OP has a fair point IMO. I too grew up in the days of fans being mixed in together but those days are gone now whether we like it or not. I know it was only Raith and so the reaction to the OP probably reflects that but I reckon if a Jambo/Rangers/Celtic fan did it, whether or not they were with a mate, the reaction would have been somewhat different

Jonnyboy
10-02-2014, 09:59 PM
We often have threads on here slating Hibs for not encouraging tourists, students and other assorted visitors to Edinburgh along to Easter Road.

Now if we did get a "neutral" football supporter along to the game would he be given written instructions that he is only allowed to cheer/clap/go mental when Hibs score?

Imagine the uproar if the Ladyboys of Bangkok turned up and turned out to be hertz fans.

That's completely missing the point though. This wasn't a tourist it was a fan of the other team

God Petrie
10-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I think we should all sit together and skip to the derbies holding hands with my jambo chums

basehibby
10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Of course it's acceptable - that's assuming we are talking about a Hibby bringing a pal along to ER who happens to support the other team. Some on here seem to be suggesting that this shouldn't be allowed - I remember taking my wife of Greek origins along to a vital WC qualifier between Greece and Scotland at Hamden - according to some of the views on here I should have just abandoned her at the other end of the ground with a bunch of strangers! What is NOT acceptable is gangs of opposing supporters grabbing seats in the wrong end to get round limited availability - and I'll concede that anyone sitting at a football match amongst opposing supporters who decides to go mental and rub them up the wrong way deserves all they get for their stupidity. But denying friends who happen to back different sides from sitting together is a different matter and should be accepted with good grace by club and supporters alike.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2014, 11:55 PM

:agree: I wouldn't want to sit with opposition fans either.

For me, a day at the football is about spending 90 minutes supporting your team and sitting alongside your fellow supporters in your own section of the stadium and going through every emotion imaginable together for those 90 minutes.

It wouldn't be the same if opposition fans were sitting amongst me.

Sean1875
11-02-2014, 01:40 AM
Only have to look back a few seasons to the day Der Hun won the league at ER and the reaction from folk when Rangers fans started jumping up and cheering around us in our end, carnage. Vastly different when one of the ugly sisters or yams are in our crowd to a Raith fan. Yes the guy was a tube jumping about like an idiot and frankly he should have had more respect for his surroundings and his mates that were good enough to bring him along into their teams home end but I dont have a problem with folk sitting in our end as long as theyre not denying any real fans a ticket and can keep their mouths shut. And theyre not from one of the three groups mentioned previously :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-02-2014, 12:02 PM
A lot of bedwetting over a raith fan in the Hibs end, I was in middletons before the game and the bar was full of raith fans, good relaxed atmosphere, no unruly or overly pi55ed up fans, pretty well behaved,wish Hibs fans were more friendlier and accomodating,find it a shame that were actually talking about this. If you cant accept the odd supporter in your end then move. Of course it may be different if it were a few of them in one area, but 1 person mmmmm......

Gatecrasher
11-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Is it not against stadium rules? if so it's unaceptable IMO

Hibrandenburg
11-02-2014, 12:16 PM
A lot of bedwetting over a raith fan in the Hibs end, I was in middletons before the game and the bar was full of raith fans, good relaxed atmosphere, no unruly or overly pi55ed up fans, pretty well behaved,wish Hibs fans were more friendlier and @accomodating,find it a shame that were actually talking about this. If you cant accept the odd supporter in your end then move. Of course it may be different if it were a few of them in one area, but 1 person mmmmm......

Indeed, some of the fun in awaydays is good natured banter with opposition fans. If you're the type to want to panel someone just because he shows support for another team then I'd suggest you might have some underlying psychological issues that need addressing.

soupy
11-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Is it not against stadium rules? if so it's unaaceptable IMO

so is being drunk ;-)

Gatecrasher
11-02-2014, 01:00 PM
so is being drunk ;-)

I rarely drink when I go to the football so that doesn't matter to me.

Billy Whizz
11-02-2014, 01:02 PM
so is being drunk ;-)

And smoking in the East at ht

IFONLY
11-02-2014, 01:06 PM
If you can't sit beside someone who supports a different team without causing aggro then you need to grow up.
Maybe you can get a ticket for the Wheatfield stand for the next derby and sit in among them

GreenLake
11-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I have been in with the slime at Turpencastle on a few games, even watching Hibs on two of them. I was doing backflips inside when the other teams scored but managed to not visibly celebrate. Hibs didn't score in the games I watched among them but if they had I intended to celebrate quietly. Who knows if that would have been possible.

H18sry
11-02-2014, 01:31 PM
so is being drunk ;-)

And when has that ever stopped you?

soupy
11-02-2014, 02:26 PM
And when has that ever stopped you?

Was only stating facts Ronnie, infact only twice a season will I have a few shandys before a match, which will of course be against them...;-)

IFONLY
11-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I have been in with the slime at Turpencastle on a few games, even watching Hibs on two of them. I was doing backflips inside when the other teams scored but managed to not visibly celebrate. Hibs didn't score in the games I watched among them but if they had I intended to celebrate quietly. Who knows if that would have been possible.

There are a few who would do this, but the saner among us would rather stick hot needles in their eyes. Personally I wouldn't sit among them if I was paid. Especially if Hibs were the opponents

erin go bragh
11-02-2014, 04:26 PM
There are a few who would do this, but the saner among us would rather stick hot needles in their eyes. Personally I wouldn't sit among them if I was paid. Especially if Hibs were the opponents

I once went to the pbs with mates in the mid 80s . It were a cup game v Motherwell ( Hibs didnt have a game ) anyway a bottle of kings head later ii find myself in their top corner when Motherwell scored ! I celebrated like we had just scored against them , then recieved a police escort out of the ground . That kings head sherry was dynamite back in the day , lol.
Maybe the raith fan had drunk some ! Lol

Ggtth

CropleyisGod
11-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Went to ****castle with my brothers in law many years ago...never again. Irony on Saturday is that through a Rovers supporting friend I was invited into the Hibs Supporters Club in Sunnyside. First time I'd been in for 34 years and I was upstairs with the Rovers fans! Don't grudge them their win although I've taken pelters since.

joebakerforever
12-02-2014, 01:12 AM
I was in the newly built Wheatfield Stand for the opening match against us in 1994 when Gordon Hunter scored the only goal for a memorable Hibees victory, our first in 22 consecutive derbies. :scarf:

It was surreal being surrounded by a very subdued bunch of Jambos, and I remember when when Gary Mackay was sent off for clattering a Hibs player (who was it ?) in front of the dug outs, the Jambo sitting next me, who looked like Popeye, remarked to me "that was not effin subtle".

Having been unable to secure a ticket via Easter Road, unbeknown to me, my dear old late mum, who was then 71, took the bus from Stockbridge to Tynecastle and queued for a couple hours to get me a ticket.

Thanks again Ma, you made me a really happy bunny that day:not worth

Pete
12-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Before I was a season ticket holder I sometimes used to buy tickets for the cheats end for big matches. When I didn't need them I easily got rid of them due to my line of work but they were used if I didn't manage to get hibs end tickets. Sitting amongst them during a derby is hard work and I would only recommend it if you are really, really desperate to see the match.

I've ended up with something called "loyalty points". If any of the loudmouths on kickback are reading and you want them, then I'd have no problem giving them to you as you probably have a lot less than I do.
Nah, I actually wiped my erse with them and flushed them down the toilet where they belong.:na na:

maudette 11
12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
The irony of the matter is that the RR fan's friend is a hibby, him and his cronies are always under the influence and always cursing & shouting their big mouths off... Bad enuff with Mrs Hibernian spouting, SHOOT SHOOT They should not be in the same end as the opposing team whoever he is.. You could smell the drink off the RR supporter as he was being escorted out then let in again... G4s couldn't run a 'party in a Brewery'.
:greengrin:tbgwa: