PDA

View Full Version : How long is this going to last?

Diclonius
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
We've been ***** for the last six years.

Absolutely nothing has solved it.

What the **** do we have to do?

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Butcher out by the looks of this site.

bawheid
08-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Keep sacking folk. Every other week if necessary.

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Problem for me has always always been right at the top. When Rod steps aside, hopefully we'll see brave stewardship in a footballing sense and the ability to get targets early and not wait until last moments of the window.

I'm angry at today, not surprised, but Terry needs to completely overhaul the squad in summer and I'm afraid that means some tough decisions defensively. It also means Rod must and I mean must get players in well before preseason starts - no scrimping and saving. Fans have invested time, money, energy and emotion.

Sir Tom and Rod need to give the fans something back on the pitch - it's that simple. We've lost targets through poor offers - that will always haunt Hibs, always.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Maybe the problem is at the top.

I'm still not convinced Hibs have a clear plan or vision of where the club will be in 1, 5 and 10 years say.

ekhibee
08-02-2014, 05:23 PM

I'm still not convinced Hibs have a clear plan or vision of where the club will be in 1, 5 and 10 years say.
Totally agree. We have not progressed on the pitch for years now, and to be honest, the amount of money needed to replace the majority of these players probably isn't there. Let's face it as well, how many of the players we have in the first team are ones we want to keep or sellable? Enough people have been on here extolling the virtues of a brilliant east stand that is rarely filled and a spanking new state of the art training centre that certainly hasn't been churning out the quality or quantity of young players that we had before to make be believe that all that money was well spent. But the money hasn't been spent on what most of us are on this forum for, or what we pay often hard-earned money to go and see. The result today is not just another in a long list of 'bad days at the office', we need major changes and what worries me, as it has worried me before with other managers, is that we simply don't have the money. In short I don't know the answer, and that annoys me even more.

Steve-O
08-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Hibs becoming utterly pish pretty much coincides with me leaving Scotland - November 2007. I recall we luckily drew 2-2 with Dundee Utd at home on the day I left. Other than a brief flurry under Hughes, we've been pish ever since!

Should I return?

QMU-1875
08-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Been pish since we won the league cup. We never built on that result. Massive mistake

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Six years?? Other than a couple of brief spells we have been ***** for over 36 years.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Hibs becoming utterly pish pretty much coincides with me leaving Scotland - November 2007. I recall we luckily drew 2-2 with Dundee Utd at home on the day I left. Other than a brief flurry under Hughes, we've been pish ever since!

Should I return?

Should the rest of us emigrate? :greengrin:wink:

Steve-O
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Should the rest of us emigrate? :greengrin:wink:

Yes, at least that way you can have a good moan like me without having to suffer the games themselves!

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

We have been absolute gash since that damn thing opened, pampering footballers is a dangerous game, I couldn't care less about "5*" facilities!

It's clear it doesn't work and our style of play has rapidly went downhill since we started training on it.

That is all.

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't know what the answer is. If there was a simple solution, it would have been implemented by now. There seems no desire to make the big step forward that we're crying out for. The whole club appears moribund. Unless some foreign billionaire buys the club, I don't know how we're going to make any significant progress. Nothing seems to work.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM

I've been saying this since the Calderwood debacle.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change until we get changes right at the very top of the club.

We'll probably bring in a whole host of new players in the summer and we'll be asked to give them time to gel and we'll be told about how it's another transitional period (God, how I hate that phrase).

In 12-18 months' time, we'll find that very little has changed from where we are right now and we'll be back to square one. We might even have another new manager (which would be our 11th permanent manager since the turn of the century) and (yep, you guessed it) yet another period of transition!

People need to open their eyes to the real problems at the club.

Andy74
08-02-2014, 06:14 PM
It's going to last as long as we continue to act the way we do when we have a rough patch or progress isn't as quick as we want.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:19 PM
It's going to last as long as we continue to act the way we do when we have a rough patch or progress isn't as quick as we want.

or progress isn't as quick as we want.[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Is 6 years not long enough like/

Dearie me...

hibby6270
08-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

We have been absolute gash since that damn thing opened, pampering footballers is a dangerous game, I couldn't care less about "5*" facilities!

It's clear it doesn't work and our style of play has rapidly went downhill since we started training on it.

That is all.

Agreed!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
What annoys me is that other teams (i.e.) Aberdeen have progressed almost instantly under McInnes and he was booted out of the lower English leagues as a failure yet comes in and has an instant impact as with a few others in the SPFL have done, us? we would struggle with Guardiola or Jose in charge of us, something not quite right at ER as I have said for ages now and genuinely thought TB would make an impact right away, clearly not, WTF is wrong here???

Macaroon
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Agreed!!

Amazing. Simply amazing.

Only on this site can our lack of success be put down to our training facilities being too good. :rolleyes:

08-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.

I do agree to an extent with this tbh but it's having 5 star facilities that can attract decent players to the club. It's not the centre itself thats the problem, its clearly what goes on inside it that is.

scoopyboy
08-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.

Just shut the club down while you're at it.

Do you think we would be a lot better if we were training at Wardie or Pinkie?

tamig
08-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Some outstanding stuff on here tonight chaps. And it's all so predictable.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I do agree to an extent with this tbh but it's having 5 star facilities that can attract decent players to the club. It's not the centre itself thats the problem, its clearly what goes on inside it that is.

You are quite right of course it does attract players to us but surely as you say it's what goes on inside that counts so successive managers have failed to get anything resembling a decent team on the park what does that tell us?

I simply cannot get my head around why we have made hardly any progress except a few good youngsters coming through that to be honest looks good but has no end product on the park so far.

coldingham hibs
08-02-2014, 06:38 PM
A lifetime, is the simple answer.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Just shut the club down while you're at it.

Do you think we would be a lot better if we were training at Wardie or Pinkie?

God no! Gullane or Arthurs Seat!

:wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Some outstanding stuff on here tonight chaps. And it's all so predictable.

What do you expect? we are all searching for answers, it seems no one else is...

weonlywon6-2
08-02-2014, 06:41 PM
What annoys me is that other teams (i.e.) Aberdeen have progressed almost instantly under McInnes and he was booted out of the lower English leagues as a failure yet comes in and has an instant impact as with a few others in the SPFL have done, us? we would struggle with Guardiola or Jose in charge of us, something not quite right at ER as I have said for ages now and genuinely thought TB would make an impact right away, clearly not, WTF is wrong here???

we dont have good enough players,simples

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm 42 and only really remember two decent spells. Mowbray and McLiesh.
2 cups under Miller and Collins but the rest of the time we have been *****.

Not looking like its going to change anytime soon.

Edit : actually I'm only 41 :-)

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
we dont have good enough players,simples

And as soon as we get "good enough" players we punt them to other teams...simples, not disagreeing with you but it's just a vicious circle isn't it? and it's us the fans who suffer.

mmmmhibby
08-02-2014, 06:44 PM

Freshen up the team, get rid of a lot of deadwood. Who would we keep? That's the question, it should be, Who would we get rid of?

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Freshen up the team, get rid of a lot of deadwood. Who would we keep? That's the question, it should be, Who would we get rid of?

The entire back four?, a back up keeper as well.

tamig
08-02-2014, 06:51 PM
What do you expect? we are all searching for answers, it seems no one else is...

As i said, all so predictable.

What answers are you seeking and who is the "no one else" you refer to?

I suspect some of the - what I would term - realists are prepared to give the new management team a bit more time to turn things around rather than some of the hysterical comments of quite a few on these boards tonight.

Some amazing stuff.

ChooseLife
08-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.
:agree: East Mains if anything has had extremely negative effects on Hibernian Football Club, with not even one season to argue otherwise, not one youth player since Fletcher left looks the part, add that to the £4-5 million cost of the damn thing.

Hibs will never compete for the Scottish League, we all know it, so why build a training complex that rivals the quality of a team like Celtcs? Selling East Mains and using 100% of the money on the player budget would be my plan.

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Seriously?

Shut down East Mains!

That is all.

on the contrary, we should play our home games at east mains, we've won about 10 games at ER in the last 3 years, i don't see the point in playing at ER, there's no team in all of the Scottish Leagues(including the lowland) afraid of coming to ER now, it's quite a good away day outing for most sets of fans

:whistle:

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2014, 07:53 PM
The club needs a radical re-think of what it can do to re-ignite the passion and interest of the Hibs support. Twenty-odd quid to watch a poor team in a poor league explains why the stadium is seldom more than half full. In fact it's a problem that Scottish football generally needs to address. There has to be a better product for football fans to enjoy. Look at the EPL for evidence of what can be achieved when it's done properly. We need a smaller scale version of their top flight: full houses that are atmospheric, with good football to watch. A virtuous circle of a better standard and bigger crowds must be the goal. The whole set up needs a re-vamp, as does Hibs specifically.

theonlywayisup
08-02-2014, 08:01 PM
It is not rocket science!:cb

The reason we are so poor for so long is that we have had rubbish managers. Each and every one since Mowbay.

I really do believe that Butcher will turn us around, but it will not happen over-night. Maybe even next season could be tough, which really is disappointing considering that The Rangers and Hertz will not be around next season.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 09:38 PM
I've been saying this since the Calderwood debacle.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will change until we get changes right at the very top of the club.

We'll probably bring in a whole host of new players in the summer and we'll be asked to give them time to gel and we'll be told about how it's another transitional period (God, how I hate that phrase).

In 12-18 months' time, we'll find that very little has changed from where we are right now and we'll be back to square one. We might even have another new manager (which would be our 11th permanent manager since the turn of the century) and (yep, you guessed it) yet another period of transition!

People need to open their eyes to the real problems at the club.

I've also just realised that when Danny Haynes came on today, he became the 100th player to make an appearance for the Hibs first team in all competitions in the last five years (since January 2009).

So, on average, 20 completely different players are playing for us every year over the last five years.

That surely must be part of the problem.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2014, 09:54 PM
How did you manage to just realise that? Amazing memory! :-)

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 09:57 PM
How did you manage to just realise that? Amazing memory! :-)

I actually sat and worked it all out over the last hour or so but I thought that would seem a little bit sad hence my previous statement!

:greengrin

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 10:13 PM
It is not rocket science!:cb

The reason we are so poor for so long is that we have had rubbish managers. Each and every one since Mowbay.

I really do believe that Butcher will turn us around, but it will not happen over-night. Maybe even next season could be tough, which really is disappointing considering that The Rangers and Hertz will not be around next season.Yogi`s record as a manager is much better than Butcher`s and Fenlon`s much better than Butcher`s was at a similar age . Mowbray has failed at every club since he left us . Whoever is manager in the next few years I`m sure we`ll do well in spells ( With Pat F we were top of the league 15 months ago ) but until we have a set up with General Manager and Manager who is given time we won`t make much impact in league . A successful manager will always leave Hibs as soon as he gets a better offer . What do you mean by Butcher " turning it round " ? So far despite a transfer window and players coming back from injury results in league have got worse and we`re out the cup . By turning it round do you mean waiting till 2015 or even 2016 to get into Europe by league position like with Yogi ?

jdships
08-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I stopped attending on three counts when Fenlon " proved" he couldn't win a match :-
1 my age (82)
2. cost
3. c..p football
Was persuaded to return when TB arrived and have made the effort since , given decent weather.
Today has left me thinking " that's it for this season " , bottom six , nothing to play for except 10th place to keep out of the " play off" position.

From 15.02.2014 it's back to club rugby on a Saturday afternoon !

As to next season
Like the song ( Maybe Next Year ) says

Maybe next year, I'll start acting my age
Turn a new leaf over my wicked ways
Only 365 days
Until I change my ways.

Eternal Hibbie
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
As someone replied to me on a thread a while back "we're not trying to turn the corner, we're on a frigging roundabout".

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2014, 11:18 PM
I stopped attending on three counts when Fenlon " proved" he couldn't win a match :-
1 my age (82)
2. cost
3. c..p football
Was persuaded to return when TB arrived and have made the effort since , given decent weather.
Today has left me thinking " that's it for this season " , bottom six , nothing to play for except 10th place to keep out of the " play off" position.

From 15.02.2014 it's back to club rugby on a Saturday afternoon !

As to next season
Like the song ( Maybe Next Year ) says

Maybe next year, I'll start acting my age
Turn a new leaf over my wicked ways
Only 365 days
Until I change my ways.

You're 82? I wouldn't have guessed. Surely you win the title of the oldest hibs.netter! You're even old enough to have seen Hibs with a great side :-)

matty_f
09-02-2014, 12:13 AM
It won't change until we give someone time to change it. The trick is giving the right person the right amount of time to do it.

There has to be signs we are going in the right direction. Under Fenlon those signs were weaker week on week. Butcher is too early in his tenure to confidently say one way or the other if he's that right person, so for the moment we need to cross our fingers and hope he is, and give him some time.

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 12:26 AM
It won't change until we give someone time to change it. The trick is giving the right person the right amount of time to do it.

There has to be signs we are going in the right direction. Under Fenlon those signs were weaker week on week. Butcher is too early in his tenure to confidently say one way or the other if he's that right person, so for the moment we need to cross our fingers and hope he is, and give him some time.

The worrying thing is Matty, we have just went through the transfer window and todays line up was even more powder puff than ever.
We have been complaining that we are a soft touch for ages and for a brief spell Butcher seemed to be working to remedy that but today was back to square one.
Why should that be?

matty_f
09-02-2014, 12:31 AM
The worrying thing is Matty, we have just went through the transfer window and todays line up was even more powder puff than ever.
We have been complaining that we are a soft touch for ages and for a brief spell Butcher seemed to be working to remedy that but today was back to square one.
Why should that be?

I thought the tactics were all wrong today and I think we still have a patched up defence. Hopefully Boetang helps with that. We still don't have enough food players and in some cases we don't have good enough players. We need to see what the summer window brings.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2014, 08:05 AM

The LWT were working on something like this. Unfortunately the club don't think it's important enough.

marinello59
09-02-2014, 08:15 AM
The LWT were working on something like this. Unfortunately the club don't think it's important enough.

That's because those running the club are happy to just get by.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Nice to catch up with what the lunatic fringe in our support think.

jdships
09-02-2014, 10:37 AM
You're 82? I wouldn't have guessed. Surely you win the title of the oldest hibs.netter! You're even old enough to have seen Hibs with a great side :-)

Thankyou for the kind remarks ! :greengrin
Yes it's been a real " roller coaster" over the years and I am grateful for the fact I was able to witness the "Famous Five" who were part of the arguably the best Hibs side I have ever watched
KERR, GOVAN,SHAW,FINNIGAN,AIRD ,KEAN ,SMITH JOHNSTON REILLY TURNBULL ,ORMOND
I was taken to ER in December 1940 by my uncle who had played with Hibs in the '20's and have been honoured to have had , to date, a further two close and two distant rellies pull on the " green and white" .

Am happy with my memories ( which no one can take away :greengrin) but somewhat disillusioned with the present and the foreseeable future :rolleyes:

eggbamyasi
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Im quite new to this site .cant believe the reactions on here lol !!!
Best one yet is get rid of our training facilities !!!! Do these people realise how absolutely MENTAL that sounds hahahaha . Truely amazed how some people think ...........

Hibercelona
09-02-2014, 11:15 AM

Change our knee jerking ways as fans.

If we keep overreacting to the bad days, we're just paving the way for even more bad days. Regardless of players and managers.

We want to make Easter Road a hostile place for the away team, not for our own team.

Lets aim our anger and frustration at the opposition teams, not at our own team.

Sweet Left Peg
09-02-2014, 11:23 AM
It's quite obviously a gypsy' s curse. It can be fixed by Rod Petrie pishing on all four corners of the pitch then scattering some 'tache trimmings on top. I have suspected this to be the case for some time now. C'mon Rodders, half time at the next home game... guaranteed full house...think of the walk ups, Rod!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 11:30 AM
As someone replied to me on a thread a while back "we're not trying to turn the corner, we're on a frigging roundabout".

:faf:

The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

It's quite obviously a gypsy' s curse. It can be fixed by Rod Petrie pishing on all four corners of the pitch then scattering some 'tache trimmings on top. I have suspected this to be the case for some time now. C'mon Rodders, half time at the next home game... guaranteed full house...think of the walk ups, Rod!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

We should bring back the goat.

Hibiza
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Were a shambles

Hibiza
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Get a mascot

Hibiza
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Sack the ground staff and the boy that drives the bus. Change the pie supplier and stop playing the rank rotten "Glory glory to the hibees " dirge.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Get a mascot

Get shot of that big cat:greengrin

Fife-Hibee
09-02-2014, 11:55 AM
problem for me has always always been right at the top. When rod steps aside, hopefully we'll see brave stewardship in a footballing sense and the ability to get targets early and not wait until last moments of the window.

I'm angry at today, not surprised, but terry needs to completely overhaul the squad in summer and i'm afraid that means some tough decisions defensively. It also means rod must and i mean must get players in well before preseason starts - no scrimping and saving. Fans have invested time, money, energy and emotion.

Sir tom and rod need to give the fans something back on the pitch - it's that simple. We've lost targets through poor offers - that will always haunt hibs, always.

this !

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Were a shambles

Still are.