PDA

View Full Version : The so-called managerial dream-team.

Carheenlea
08-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Nothing so far to suggest we have anything more than another average manager in charge. He certainly talks a good game but results so far prove otherwise.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 03:14 PM
How many of his signings started today?

Heisenberg
08-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Aye that's the answer. Buther out.

Virginia Hibs
08-02-2014, 03:20 PM
And the true face of Hibs fickle fans start to show....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RIP Bestie
08-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Aye that's the answer. Buther out.

No it's not the answer but a lot of his decisions have been unbelievably bad and there has not been much improvement in performances or results.

Del Boy
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
He needs to drop Craig and give Thomson a chance.

patch1875
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
And Williams

Elephant Stone
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
He'll be a good manager for us, no doubt about it, but he's taken us backwards so far. Our solid defence has been decimated, we now virtually have no captain and we're out the cup courtesy of Raith ****ing Rovers. He's doing a hell of a PR job, though.

cam2644
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Give the man a chance. It would be really stupid to turn on yet another manager so quickly.The team3s famous soft underbelly is still there but I doubt if there is anyone better than Tel to toughen it up.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Talking is one thing, doing is another. If he does not or cannot rid this club of its loser mentality over the summer then he'll be on his bike.

Greenblood70
08-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Certainly wasn't my dream team, Butchers teams are functional at best so we were never suddenly going to start stroking the ball about in midfield. If anything we're more direct under Butcher than we were with Fenlon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erskine-hibby
A little too early to make judgements. They have taken over a very poor squad and are in the process of changing it. Three new (loan) signings at this time of the season are not going to make much difference, especially in their first game. I, for one, think TB will make a huge impact, bit we will have to wait till after the summer to see this.
That said, we need to start showing up for games soon and todays result is totally unacceptable.

The Voice Of Reason
Nothing so far to suggest we have anything more than another average manager in charge. He certainly talks a good game but results so far prove otherwise.

Crazy post, really crazy.

Butcher has no option but to pick Fenlon's duds. Complete clear out required.

Season over.

Westie1875
08-02-2014, 03:33 PM
He needs to drop Craig and give Thomson a chance.

This

OsloHibs
08-02-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm not turning. I'll support the manager full stop. Regardless of what I think. But all this talk of we are improving is nonsense. We are worse than this time last year. I was a lot happier in watching Hibs February 2013 than I am February 2014. I am truly gutted right now.

Borderhibbie76
08-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Season is not over...watching that rubbish today we can still easily finish 2nd bottom believe me...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Bedwetter.net

Time to retreat to the PM board :agree:

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Don`t think anyone`s suggesting another managerial change but results ( not just today`s ) and performances have been terrible since TB took over and changing manager midseason again has really backfired this time with no cup run cash to pay for new signings in summer . Just hope TB can get the same reaction PF got from his players after bad start to season .

Springbank
08-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Bedwetter.net

Time to retreat to the PM board :agree:

What a stupid stupid post
you might regret being so flippant when we slide down the table

terry butcher lost a number of friends today with that team selection (so lightweight and insipid)

you underestimate the magnitude of today's defeat at your peril

its a disgrace and a disaster and butcher is primarily to blame in my view - that xi should never perform together

Andy74
08-02-2014, 03:55 PM

Season over.

Though good managers would be expected to improve situation, not make it worse ?

Onion
08-02-2014, 03:56 PM

TB/MM will only now start to understand the psyche and depth of the loser malaise that exists at ER. Until we get rid of Fenlon's duds and IMHO have a radical change in the club's culture led front he TOP, tyne malaise will continue on and on.

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Another transitional season !! I'm getting sick of transitional seasons.
FFS Hibs !!
So bloody deflated i feel sick.
I do still have faith we have the right guy in charge but FFS , Hibs are becoming a *****g chore.

I've just actually realised we've been pish for years now :greengrin Shouldn't really laugh......

The Voice Of Reason
08-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Though good managers would be expected to improve situation, not make it worse ?

He is having to pick FENLON'S players.

Fenlon failed at hibs and his players are a bunch of slow, overpaid losers.

God himself would struggle with this lot.

happiehibbie
08-02-2014, 03:58 PM
What a stupid stupid post
you might regret being so flippant when we slide down the table

terry butcher lost a number of friends today with that team selection (so lightweight and insipid)

you underestimate the magnitude of today's defeat at your peril

its a disgrace and a disaster and butcher is primarily to blame in my view - that xi should never perform together

well said

Mr Butcher the honeymoon is over

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 03:58 PM
FFS...here we go again. Do you think the man is a magician?
I believe when MM/TB have their "own" team out there. We'll be in a position to judge.
Still a great managerial team appointment for me.

Greenblood70
08-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Thiese smug comments you see about and on the PM board about the main board do nobody any favours IMO.

mcfly
08-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Explain the tactics of 1 up front v a 1st div team

Explain like for like subs with NO change in tactics

I never ever thought a terry butcher team would be bullied but we were today.

Season is over and a very hard sell on a season ticket is needed..

Beefster
08-02-2014, 04:03 PM

I don't recall so remind me if you were beating the same drum when Fenlon's initial results turned out to be worse than Calderwood's?

lucky
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
That was dire today. One up front at home against a crap 1st division team was a poor tactical decision

Andy74
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM

Yeah but why's it getting worse?

The Voice Of Reason
08-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't recall so remind me if you were beating the same drum when Fenlon's initial results turned out to be worse than Calderwood's?

Don't hold your breath for an answer - Andy 74 is very selective with his responses. :rolleyes:

Andy74
08-02-2014, 04:06 PM

I was under the impression we moved away from Dunfermline and got to a cup final.

IberianHibernian
TB/MM will only now start to understand the psyche and depth of the loser malaise that exists at ER. Until we get rid of Fenlon's duds and IMHO have a radical change in the club's culture led front he TOP, tyne malaise will continue on and on.TB was presumably selected ( with other managers not even interviewed ) because he knew our league inside out including Hibs . Part of the losing mentality that some say we have includes the lets give him a few transfer windows stuff . TB took several years to get good results in Inverness and his results as a manager before ICT were ordinary . If he didn`t get such an easy time from the press and many fans he would be under pressure .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Stevie Wonder or Sir Alex would struggle with this lot.

OsloHibs
Can someone put up any after match interviews with TB? I'm so interested in what gets said, and us overseas Hibbys don't get them until tomoro.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Thiese smug comments you see about and on the PM board about the main board do nobody any favours IMO.

The PM board isn't full of undercover yams and people that only turn up to slate the management when we get beat.

It's quite nice really.

Steve-O
08-02-2014, 04:09 PM

We all moaned that Fenlon had to pick CC's players, CC had to pick Yogis players, Yogi had to pick Collins players etc etc...

Edit - forgot Mixu but you get the point!

Beefster
08-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I was under the impression we moved away from Dunfermline and got to a cup final.

You'd make a good politician but it makes for pish debate.

Fenlon won 2 and lost 7 of his first 10 matches. His average points per game in his first season were worse than Calderwood's in the same season.

So, were you beating the drum or not?

The Voice Of Reason
08-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Fenlon won 2 and lost 7 of his first 10 matches. His average points per game in his first season were worse than Calderwood's in the same season.

Lets see what Fenlon (oops sorry, Andy 74) says to that...............

Andy74
08-02-2014, 04:18 PM

I'd think I had a pretty good idea we were direct the time and Calderwood was one of our worst ever managers. I think I was probably willing to be pretty patient.

In the same way I'm not arguing against Butcher now - only pointing out again that pointing the finger at Fenlon every week isn't the answer. We were in a decent enough position which should have been built upon.

Butcher needs patience too but recent results have been his responsibility with the team and tactics he is using.

He hasn't taken over a team in the same state that Calderwoods was. Nowhere near it.

Beefster
08-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Butcher needs patience too

I'm glad we agree. Harking back to the previous manager or how Butcher is no better than him isn't really helping IMHO.

Greenblood70
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
The PM board isn't full of undercover yams and people that only turn up to slate the management when we get beat.

It's quite nice really.

That yam word is cringeworthy as is rolling it out any time somebody makes a point that is disagreed with. My point that you spectacularly missed was that I don't particularly like the snideyness of running off to the PM board to slag off the main board.

I'm a member of the PM board by the way so I do read what's on there and enjoy the transfer discussions. I just don't think iit's healthy for the board to develop into factions on seperate boards taking pot shots at each other.

weonlywon6-2
08-02-2014, 06:15 PM
when he first came in we seemed to get the ball and kept charging up the park,ie cairney in the derby game,we just seem to have lost that over the last few performances

Nuitdelune
08-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Nobody seems to be able to manage Hibs, well, for a long time anyway, it is a bit of a mystery..

The Modfather
08-02-2014, 06:25 PM

In what way did we move away? We took it to the final game before we were safe.

Andy74
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
In what way did we move away? We took it to the final game before we were safe.

In the sense that we were level with them on points and had just lost to them at home when he joined to finishing eight ahead of them.

jeffers
08-02-2014, 06:39 PM
While it may have been Fenlon's team it was Butcher's selection and tactics. Also, despite having signed 3 players he only started 1 one of them so presumably felt the other Fenlon signings were good enough to get a result today. We weren't playing Celtic today but Raith Rovers, we have the players in our squad to have won today.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 06:50 PM

He would not make a good politician, good politicians reflect at least some germ of truth at the core of what they are trying to persuade you. Fenlon had us playing crap football, with little progress and got us some of the worst humiliations IN OUR HISTORY.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Nobody seems to be able to manage Hibs, well, for a long time anyway, it is a bit of a mystery..

It's no mystery, the players at Easter Road have been repeatedly shown that when the going gets tough it's the manager that goes. Why should they lift a finger when it's the manager who's for the chop when it goes tits up? The revolving door needs to be nailed shut for at least five years, back the manager through thick and thin and only then will the players take him seriously.

I said it with Fenlon and I'll say it again with Butcher, the manager has to be given at least five years. Back him through thick and thin and only then will players know that if they don't perform then it's their head on the block and not the manager's.

matty_f
08-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Can't blame Fenlon for that today, Butcher has had months to work with that team, and for them to go out of the cup in that manner is disgusting, to be honest.
I thought the tactics were all wrong today and it was evident from fairly early in the game that the midfield was completely ineffective.
The number of aimless punts is a concern as well. Defensively we were very poor, and we rarely looked like scoring in the second half.
Other than the performances of watmore and Stanton there was nothing on show today to give grounds for optimism.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 07:05 PM

Unlikely to hear any drumbeats there Beefster

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Can't blame Fenlon for that today, Butcher has had months to work with that team, and for them to go out of the cup in that manner is disgusting, to be honest.
I thought the tactics were all wrong today and it was evident from fairly early in the game that the midfield was completely ineffective.
The number of aimless punts is a concern as well. Defensively we were very poor, and we rarely looked like scoring in the second half.
Other than the performances of watmore and Stanton there was nothing on show today to give grounds for optimism.Agree entirely .

eggbamyasi
08-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Truely embarrassing post .
Hes been In charge about three months with another managers squad.
We have a few bad result and people are calling for his head .
its supporters like you that are half the problem we have had for years .
was at game and been to last few home games , and a certain amount of fans boo when the other team score to make it one nil ....... what happened to getting behind your team when the opposition score .
And this massive over reaction to losing this game regarding butcher is just terrible .
have a go at the players who under performed but not want to get rid of a new manager who has had no time to get his own team .tactics and everything settled .he needs a couple of seasons then sack him if its all gone to **** . Not 3/4 months .
Come on hibs fans stop with the wild and embarrassing over reactions , get behind or new management team and understand its the very beginning and were gonna get good and bad results. Its what happenes when you have a new manager with old squad and was always going to, from november till end of season !!!!!!

Carheenlea
08-02-2014, 07:19 PM
was at game and been to last few home games , and a certain amount of fans boo when the other team score to make it one nil ....... what happened to getting behind your team when the opposition score .
And this massive over reaction to losing this game regarding butcher is just terrible .
have a go at the players who under performed but not want to get rid of a new manager who has had no time to get his own team .tactics and everything settled .he needs a couple of seasons then sack him if its all gone to **** . Not 3/4 months .
Come on hibs fans stop with the wild and embarrassing over reactions , get behind or new management team and understand its the very beginning and were gonna get good and bad results. Its what happenes when you have a new manager with old squad and was always going to, from november till end of season !!!!!!

Who`s asking for anyone to be sacked? Supporters are entitled to make observations on the progress, or lack of, from our new management team.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Stevie Wonder or Sir Alex would struggle with this lot.

This.

Nothing to do with the management. I'm sure they know this Hibs team is f****** pish but their is nothing they can do at this moment in time other than wait till the summer and start building their side.

brawbob
08-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Agree entirely .

Agree totally with Matty. I have not been since the Malmo exhibition due to work. Came along today looking to re kindle my enthusiasm for the team I have supported for over 40 years but what I saw was no different tactics wise or character wise from that game. We have no leader on the park, played long balls to a striker who is slower on the turn than an oil tanker, and a midfield who would have trouble competing with my nephews under 12 team. I am afraid that no progress has been made for years. I don't know what the answer is and incredibly and to my own shame I cannot be bothered any more. It's not worth the Saturday night bad moods anymore. Thanks for the memories Hibs.

jeffers
08-02-2014, 07:26 PM
This.

Nothing to do with the management. I'm sure they know this Hibs team is f****** pish but their is nothing they can do at this moment in time other than wait till the summer and start building their side.

So are you saying Raith Rovers have better players than us ?

Weir7
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM

Apart from last season at ICT butcher managerial record is terrible. Sacked from every club. Malaps terrible as a manager to.

Should be spending less time doing press and more time in training field.

Mullen ripped apart when at Hibs - butchers tactics didn't expose him once.

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Come on hibs fans stop with the wild and embarrassing over reactions , get behind or new management team and understand its the very beginning and were gonna get good and bad results. Its what happenes when you have a new manager with old squad and was always going to, from november till end of season !!!!!!Can`t see one post on this or any other thread saying we should change manager but some fans are understandably worried that results in league are worse than before , we`ve deservedly lost to a struggling team in lower division and entertaining play is notable by its absence despite appointing a manager ( presumably not cheaply ) who is vastly experienced and has had an easy time from press to settle in . As for a couple of years , if we do well in next couple of years do you think TB will stay and do you think we have cash to sign players who are significantly better than ones we`ve signed in last few years especially if we limit ourselves to lower leagues in England or loan deals with reserves from bigger English clubs ?

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Apart from last season at ICT butcher managerial record is terrible. Sacked from every club. Malaps terrible as a manager to.

The fact that Harris didn't test Mullen says more about Harris than it does Butcher but you're right, Butcher should have moved Watmore to the left sooner than he did

marinello59
08-02-2014, 07:35 PM

I think we can sort this sort of pish thread out by passing round a very large spliff. :agree:

Speedway
08-02-2014, 07:37 PM
This is the first unexpected home Hibs result of all time and to a lower division club too.

There's absolutely no precedent as to what will happen from here. Looking at my crystal ball though I predict we'll get over it and stumble on in mediocrity forevermore.

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I think we can sort this sort of pish thread out by passing round a very large spliff. :agree:

Done that already :-) Well actually , hogged it :-)
Considering a blue too !

Carheenlea
08-02-2014, 07:50 PM

Nobody`s forcing you to read it.

Weir7
08-02-2014, 07:52 PM
The fact that Harris didn't test Mullen says more about Harris than it does Butcher but you're right, Butcher should have moved Watmore to the left sooner than he did

Perhaps. Poor day for Boozy. Point is we never created any situations to isolate Mullen. No 2 V 1.

stevejordan
08-02-2014, 08:03 PM
No better than Paddy who i backed i feel gutted and the chance to win the Scottish Cup yet again has been taken bottom six left security and meaning less games yet again.

erskine-hibby
08-02-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't think that the games we have left are meaningless. TB brought the new guys in to get us as far up the league as possible. Todays game apart, greatly disappointing though it was, doesn't change the rebuilding that obviously needs to be done. If the players that are here want to stay here, then they will need to show it or will be shown the door. Meaningless? No, infact I think the exact opposite.

marinello59
08-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Nobody`s forcing you to read it.

True. You got a mars bar there? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't think that the games we have left are meaningless. TB brought the new guys in to get us as far up the league as possible. Todays game apart, greatly disappointing though it was, doesn't change the rebuilding that obviously needs to be done. If the players that are here want to stay here, then they will need to show it or will be shown the door. Meaningless? No, infact I think the exact opposite.

:agree:

The Sea-gull
08-02-2014, 08:33 PM
See the PM board, do people "retreat" to there because it is a utopic place where everybody agrees that Hibs are wonderful and scoffs at the peasants slating the club on the main board?

Note that we are debating if things are worse under TB than they were when PF left. It does seem that things have got worse under Butcher but I don't think that is coz he is worse than Fenlon. It is coz he is working with players and more importantly characters he would not have signed in the first place and will be finidng it frustrating. We also have to note that there are players there who don't want to play for him either.

I like TB and he would have been my pick but I have to admit, I am slightly disappointed he is not doing better. Is he not as good as I thought or are the players worse than I thought. Bit of both probably.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 08:35 PM

I think he already did. Maybe took it as a suppository though which might explain his mood. Especially if it was lit at the time.

One Day Soon
08-02-2014, 08:36 PM
no better than paddy who i backed i feel gutted and the chance to win the scottish cup yet again has been taken bottom six left security and meaning less games yet again.

snnniiiifffffff ssssnnnniiifffffff

Jonnyboy
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
See the PM board, do people "retreat" to there because it is a utopic place where everybody agrees that Hibs are wonderful and scoffs at the peasants slating the club on the main board?

Note that we are debating if things are worse under TB than they were when PF left. It does seem that things have got worse under Butcher but I don't think that is coz he is worse than Fenlon. It is coz he is working with players and more importantly characters he would not have signed in the first place and will be finidng it frustrating. We also have to note that there are players there who don't want to play for him either.

I like TB and he would have been my pick but I have to admit, I am slightly disappointed he is not doing better. Is he not as good as I thought or are the players worse than I thought. Bit of both probably.

Nope

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't think that the games we have left are meaningless. TB brought the new guys in to get us as far up the league as possible. Todays game apart, greatly disappointing though it was, doesn't change the rebuilding that obviously needs to be done. If the players that are here want to stay here, then they will need to show it or will be shown the door. Meaningless? No, infact I think the exact opposite.Definitely not meaningless . Today`s result was a bad one obviously but we have plenty of games left for Butcher to show that decision not to interview other candidates ( assuming TB appointment had not been decided before ) was the correct one . In January some used Derby win as proof of progress , now a defeat against a lower league team is seen as failure by some . Reality is in between - league results in last few months have been poor to say the least and performances as well ( as an overseas fan I was lucky enough to be at several wins in December / January but can`t say I was impressed by team - far from it ) . In 2011 , we won 5 SPL games in a row under CC who must have done something right then . Lets see if TB can improve results and performances .

Moon unit
08-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Bad day..but feel confident that TB will get it right with Hibs!
we may have many poor days..but still think that he will build a stronger Hibs team that will offer a stronger challenge....keep the faith guys!
:flag:

HFC 0-7
08-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Season over.

I think butcher will come good but he is making mistakes IMO. Yes he has to pick fenlons duds, but he could drop Craig, or sub him when he is playing so badly. Butcher is meant to be a no nonsense manager but Craig seems to be immune from getting dropped!

HibernianJK
08-02-2014, 10:10 PM
It sounds like we are the only team to blame the squad when a new manager come on and doesn't improve anything. How many times has a different team bring in a new manager and the impact can be seen straight away. Yes the squad needs improvement everyone knows that but the management team certainly aren't getting the best out of the players we have.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Can't believe that the PM board think that results ok.

Sammy7nil
09-02-2014, 08:08 AM
This.

If he can't do anything now to improve things before summer why is he in the job ?

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 08:14 AM

Nothing to suggest you have the faintest idea what you are talking about either. I know who I'd listen to.

I understand your disappointment though. With the squad he inherited, he should have been pushing for a Champions League slot. He should also have been able to renew our special relationship with the Scottish Cup. Clearly another cheap option from Petrie.

Carheenlea
09-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Nothing to suggest you have the faintest idea what you are talking about either. I know who I'd listen to.

I understand your disappointment though. With the squad he inherited, he should have been pushing for a Champions League slot. He should also have been able to renew our special relationship with the Scottish Cup. Clearly another cheap option from Petrie.

I know who you like to listen to alright, the sound of your own unfunny voice. Instead of fancying yourself as some kind of comedian, try reading the post again and tell me where I suggest the nonsense in your post.

Potty78
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Only time will tell regarding tb and mm. They got it wrong tactically yest though and for that they deserve to be slaughtered on here. It's not so long ago we were on a good run. The dropped points at united and late loss to the dons have obviously effected us. It could have been so much different. We must win sat or we are in playoff trouble!

Golden Bear
09-02-2014, 08:40 AM
I gave Fenlon 13 months before deciding that he really was a gash Manager. At this stage I can only hope that things will turn out differently under Butcher.

He talks a good game but we need more ------------------------ MUCH more.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 08:48 AM
I know who you like to listen to alright, the sound of your own unfunny voice. Instead of fancying yourself as some kind of comedian, try reading the post again and tell me where I suggest the nonsense in your post.

I can't read. However "so called managerial dream team" maybe hints at lack of satisfaction with the appointment. If you want better, what would be realistic at this stage?

Carheenlea
09-02-2014, 09:32 AM
I can't read. However "so called managerial dream team" maybe hints at lack of satisfaction with the appointment. If you want better, what would be realistic at this stage?

Like most, I was very happy with the appointment, largely down to buying into the theory fed to us that the Butcher/Malpas/Marsella team was one of the best out there. It's early days of course, but the paying customer is entitled to make observations on the progress in that time, and in my opinion the improvement has been minimal. I think we may have got a bit carried away with Terry Butcher's appointment, and let's face it, if he truly was a managerial mastermind he would be at a bigger club than Hibs at this strage of his career.
I supported the appointment at the time and I support Terry Butcher as our manager right now. Doesn't mean that I can't be disappointed with the quality of football or results at this stage into his tenure. We have to support him and his team to get a team challenging at the top end of the table and in the Cups, a realistic target for a club like Hibs. We are certainly entitled to expect better than plodding along bottom half/mid table and getting turfed out Cups by lower league opposition.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Like most, I was very happy with the appointment, largely down to buying into the theory fed to us that the Butcher/Malpas/Marsella team was one of the best out there. It's early days of course, but the paying customer is entitled to make observations on the progress in that time, and in my opinion the improvement has been minimal. I think we may have got a bit carried away with Terry Butcher's appointment, and let's face it, if he truly was a managerial mastermind he would be at a bigger club than Hibs at this strage of his career.
I supported the appointment at the time and I support Terry Butcher as our manager right now. Doesn't mean that I can't be disappointed with the quality of football or results at this stage into his tenure. We have to support him and his team to get a team challenging at the top end of the table and in the Cups, a realistic target for a club like Hibs. We are certainly entitled to expect better than plodding along bottom half/mid table and getting turfed out Cups by lower league opposition.

Who's this "we". Seems to me that anyone that thought that putting a new manager in would result in a massive improvement this season, was being a bit unrealistic. When you say "we" do you mean "I"?Lots of folk didn't get carried away.

I think we should wait a sensible period of time before passing judgement. We are certainly entitled to at least one Scottish cup win every 113 years, the fact that we haven't should tell you a lot about what to expect from Hibs.

jacomo
09-02-2014, 10:27 AM

Wasn't sacked at Motherwell was he?

Carheenlea
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Who's this "we". Seems to me that anyone that thought that putting a new manager in would result in a massive improvement this season, was being a bit unrealistic. When you say "we" do you mean "I"?Lots of folk didn't get carried away.

I think we should wait a sensible period of time before passing judgement. We are certainly entitled to at least one Scottish cup win every 113 years, the fact that we haven't should tell you a lot about what to expect from Hibs.

I have followed Hibs for over 30 years so know full well to expect from them, but that's not to say I feel it should just be accepted that we continue to plod along in the mediocrity that we witness more often than not.

SaulGoodman
09-02-2014, 10:54 AM

Peasants? It's only a tenner ffs! It's nothing special! :hilarious

Fwiw, it's much the same there, only you can talk about the troubles in the team without insults flying left, right and centre and there's certainly no threads like 'I'd rather have TB than Terry Butcher'

J-C
09-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Butcher's 1st mistake was to appoint Craig as captain, this guy is a decent attacking midfielder but he's certainly no captain, not even a vice captain. His 2nd mistake was to try to turn an attack minded midfielder into a deep lying defensive midfielder, that's like taking Hanlon and turning him into a centre forward.

We need a huge clearout this summer but TB needs to show this next few weeks just what he's made of, starting with dropping his captain and getting a better shape to the team.

southsider
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I am afraid TB blew this big style. He played defenders who cant defend. Midfielders who cant pass whilst leaving our best one (Robbo) on the bench and played a so called CF who cant run, jump or hold play up, in short a bad junior.

Alfred E Newman
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Wasn't sacked at Motherwell was he?

He has been fairly successfully in Scotland and a disaster down South. His record at Inverness was excellent under little or no pressure.
As we all know the expectation levels are greater at Easter Road as Butcher himself admits, and I sincerely hope he manages to turn things around. It's certainly far to early to write him off but I would hope that the hoof from back to front game that he favours at the moment is not going to be the norm once he builds his own team.
The younger supporters don't know anything other than Hibs being a mid table side which is sad.
Like others of my generation, I have been fortunate to follow Hibs in better times and we are less inclined to settle for constant mediocrity and poor quality football.

RIP Bestie
09-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree, I don't think the games we have left are meaningless. We have to look over our shoulder or we are going to be dragged into the play off dog fight.
I had hoped that the loan signings would be here to help us to some success this season. Avoiding 11th, although vitally important, shouldn't be looked on as success. The annoying thing for me is that it is likely that 2 out of the 3 loan signings won't be with us next season and having used the remainder of the budget to bring them here, we are not going to get the benefit we all hoped

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I have followed Hibs for over 30 years so know full well to expect from them, but that's not to say I feel it should just be accepted that we continue to plod along in the mediocrity that we witness more often than not.

It's been grim for a while. :agree:

Potty78
09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
It's been grim for a while. :agree:

Good to see u pair agree on something:)

steakbake
09-02-2014, 10:31 PM
12 weeks in and people are already wetting their pants... Deary, deary me. This is total kickback fodder...

California-Hibs
09-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Oh dear. Looking forward to bringing this thread back up in the summer when we will see a completely newly shaped team. The results will be night and day next season, really looking forward to it.

Hibs fans sometimes = the worst/most clueless supporters in the world. Some of the things put up on here the past 2 days have been embarrassing.

Criswell
09-02-2014, 11:54 PM
I have to admit that Saturday's game was not Butcher's finest hour. It was obvious that we needed to shore up the midfield as we were being overrun there and had surrendered control of the game.We could really have done with a player who could exert some kind of steadying influence; a player like Kevin Thomson. Butcher should admit his mistake and re-instate him immediately.

Having said that I still retain hope that he can turn the fortunes of this club around. He was never going to do that overnight, the problems at this club are too deep seated for that to happen. He may fail, but it will not be for lack of trying.

One of the real positives from the weekend was the performance of Watmore. That we managed to get him on loan must be seen as a real coup. The Terry Butcher effect?

FitbaFolkKen
09-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Oh dear. Looking forward to bringing this thread back up in the summer when we will see a completely newly shaped team. The results will be night and day next season, really looking forward to it.

Hibs fans sometimes = the worst/most clueless supporters in the world. Some of the things put up on here the past 2 days have been embarrassing.

Only reason people are so down and negative is because Butcher had brought the feel good factor back to Easter Road, Look at the crowd at the derby. That should have been our point to build from, but instead we've been brought back down with a bang.

Embarrassing/Clueless..... bit harsh considering all that has been said really is that we expect better, I expect better than to go out the cup to a side that hadn't scored in 5 games in the division below us. We are on a run of bad results, i appreciate cup shocks happen, but when you are on a bad run you need to use games like Raith as an opportunity to turn it round.

If you look back to the first month or so there were lots of comments regarding the style of football, but they were happy to tolerate the directness as it was more attacking and seemed to be producing improved performances. Well the performances have been poor lately and coupled with being weak defensively when we were previously relatively strong at the back you should be able to understand the frustration.

We've passed up a cracking opportunity to do well in the league last season and this with the state of Rangers and now Hearts. Next season needs to be a really big one for Hibernian FC, there won't be a better chance to finish 2nd/3rd for a while. Aberdeen have clearly realised this already.

As for bringing the thread back up, people just type now what they used to say in the pub after a game. Pointless revisiting.

Russ
10-02-2014, 12:41 AM

Here we go, you people never cease to amaze me.

JOD
10-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Hey, I know what we should do.Blame and fire yet another manager. its the Hibs way nowadays. Sick from 02 yes 19.. My only consolation is I don't have to get worked up /start spending money I cant afford for another cup final horror day/so I suppose gotta look on the bright side. My major problem tho is at 60 having watched the Tornadoes /I believe my generation may never see it happen but 2 you young Hibees I am sure it will. Hail, Hail the Hibs are here all for goals/:flag: glory now.