PDA

View Full Version : Watmore

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 03:10 PM
If that's the kind of players Butcher and his team will find I'm more than happy to write this season off IN TERMS OF CUP COMPETITIONS, BUT TOP 6 SHOULD STILL BE A TARGET. and hopefully sign some more in the summer.

Only player to look good today.

Hibs90
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Looks very good, shame his teammates are completely rotten.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Looks very good, shame his teammates are completely rotten.

Probably wanting away already :agree:

dp00
08-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Pitty no one capable of passing to him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

JollyGreenGiant
08-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Looked like he had won a stonewall penalty, but nothing again from another useless Ref!

Heisenberg
08-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Only one that looked like a capable football player.

Sean1875
08-02-2014, 03:15 PM
was all over the pitch today, one of the very few I'd give pass marks to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Do you know what impressed me most about him?

When he got the ball his 1st touch was almost instant. Which is better than most of our players.

dmc1875
08-02-2014, 03:19 PM
He had to suffer horrendous abuse from three idiots who hounded him all second half. I can't even post on here the disgraceful stuff they were shouting.

leggeto
08-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Promising player direct and not shot shy pity the raith defence fouled him whenever he got past them,look forward to seeing more of him

Boyle89
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Superb. Did not deserve to lose today. Got scythed down and just kept going back for more. Going to be a great player!

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 03:41 PM
He had to suffer horrendous abuse from three idiots who hounded him all second half. I can't even post on here the disgraceful stuff they were shouting.

If certain Hibs supporters put the same energy into praising Hibs players as they did abusing ex Hearts players we'd have a wonderfully positive atmosphere.

A big big problem with Hibs fans in my opinion. Too much time and energy slating the opposition, not enough focus on cheering our guys.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2014, 03:45 PM
If certain Hibs supporters put the same energy into praising Hibs players as they did abusing ex Hearts players we'd have a wonderfully positive atmosphere.

A big big problem with Hibs fans in my opinion. Too much time and energy slating the opposition, not enough focus on cheering our guys.

I noticed today that when one of our players is breaking forward, instead of encouragement all I hear is people shouting about passing it here or there, and then complaining when it doesn't happen.

Too many wannabe football managers in the stands

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I noticed today that when one of our players is breaking forward, instead of encouragement all I hear is people shouting about passing it here or there, and then complaining when it doesn't happen.

Too many wannabe football managers in the stands

Yet another reason to cheer and be positive (us breaking forward) as it keeps the ball away from our utterly unbalanced and static defenders !! 😀

Hedlund12
08-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Really liked what I saw from this young lad today...more of the same please.
Terry can you buy him the odd fish supper or three...he looks like he needs it!!😊

givescotlandfreedom
08-02-2014, 04:00 PM
He looked very good today and that was despite taking a kicking off half the Raith team. Possibly the only one worthy of pass marks.

Andy74
08-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Looked good but we need to try and get the ball down to make use of the likes of Watmore and Stanton.

Not sure our pitch will do him many favours!

hibeemikey21
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Excellent display and drive. Maybe over-did it at times, but it was pretty much all on him to try and create something.

Wat-more could you want from a debutant?

Weststandwanab
08-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Too many wannabe football managers in the stands I could not agree more. It never fails to amaze me that supporters, who have probably never played football to any standard let alone professional are all know it alls.

Really liked what I saw from this young lad today...more of the same please.
Terry can you buy him the odd fish supper or three...he looks like he needs it!! I ws surprised how slightly built he is but that does not seem to hinder him.

Pray4Marc
08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
If that's the kind of players Butcher and his team will find I'm more than happy to write this season off and hopefully sign some more in the summer.

Looks a good signing. Hopefully receives the appropriate protection from the refs.

Cameron1875
08-02-2014, 04:32 PM
The boy looked different gravy. We'll soon knock the football out of him though :boo hoo:

Biggie
08-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Just back in and what a great wee player he's going to be....when he gets going, he was slaloming past players.....a few spl defenders will sythe him down this season.....well played young man

sbell1875
08-02-2014, 05:04 PM
If that's the kind of players Butcher and his team will find I'm more than happy to write this season off and hopefully sign some more in the summer.

First 15 mins he had got into good positions on at least 3 occasions. He looks happy getting his head down with the ball at his feet running at defenders. I just wish Harris would take note and get back to doing the same.

He took a couple of tough challenges but got up and got on with it. My opinion is he should have won a penalty as well. The ball may have been won but he was tackled from 2 players either side and they can't both have won the ball.

Much more to come from what looks like a decent prospect.

God Petrie
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
There's a star man on the right hand side. His name is Duncan Watmore and he makes messi look *****.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Looks an incredible talent. The thing I'm most gutted about after today is that he's now here and we've little to play for. Top 6? Thrilling. Would love to have seen him on the big Hampden pitch if we'd made it. We won't be seeing him next season sadly

Greenblood70
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Can see him earning us a few penalties the way he commits defenders, was on the end of some heavy challenges on a few occasions but got back up and ran at them again. Impressive debut in what was a very poor team performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dave62
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Had a fine debut. He and Stanton were the only positives from today's game.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 07:51 PM
The only Hibs player that deserves pass marks. He must be regretting coming up here now after seeing how bloody s*** his team mates are and who can blame him.

I hope we keep him beyond the summer but I don't think he'll want to stay with this lot around him.

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2014, 08:00 PM

He is only a loan player who wants to get a game every week. We cant attract players like that to ER. Not anymore.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2014, 08:27 PM
The only player in our entire side who looked liked he could take a player on,

1two
08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
His shorts were at least 3 sizes too big but apart from that I would say he looks a very good prospect

Pity our seasons over though

Ozyhibby
08-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Looked good but as there is nothing left to play for before he leaves, I'm struggling to care.

southern hibby
08-02-2014, 09:55 PM
First 15 mins he had got into good positions on at least 3 occasions. He looks happy getting his head down with the ball at his feet running at defenders. I just wish Harris would take note and get back to doing the same.

He took a couple of tough challenges but got up and got on with it. My opinion is he should have won a penalty as well. The ball may have been won but he was tackled from 2 players either side and they can't both have won the ball.

Much more to come from what looks like a decent prospect.

He does look a prospect but maybe I'm being a perfectionist here but to me he kept his head down too much. Needs to look up and find a final pass. Also seemed like he loves to cut inside onto his left. However for a first game and coming into football late, what a prospect he is. If he keeps playing like that he will have a very very good career I'n football. GGTTH

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 10:07 PM
I've criticised Terry a lot after today's performance, but if this is the kind of quality he can add to us, then the future is most definitely bright. Shame we had a player like him on fire and couldn't get the ball to him enough, preferring instead for too many aimless high balls.

Shore Thing
08-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Had a great game. Popped up all over the park. Always wanted the ball, controlled it well and ran through the defence whenever he got it. Exciting and entertaining to watch.
Welcome to Hibs Duncan!

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 10:27 PM
My mate said to me at half time that Roy Hodgson's infamous 'feed the monkey' speech would have been appropriate today re: Watmore. He was on fire and both of Raith's left sided players were booked early, but we failed to capitalise.

Any time we got the ball to the feet of our creative players, we looked great, yet it didn't happen enough, due to all the high balls. That, and TB's inability to address the problems that Raith were causing us at half time, were unacceptable.

matty_f
08-02-2014, 10:31 PM
My mate said to me at half time that Roy Hodgson's infamous 'feed the monkey' speech would have been appropriate today re: Watmore. He was on fire and both of Raith's left sided players were booked early, but we failed to capitalise.

Any time we got the ball to the feet of our creative players, we looked great, yet it didn't happen enough, due to all the high balls. That, and TB's inability to address the problems that Raith were causing us at half time, were unacceptable.

Spot on. We should have been putting everything through watmore because Raith couldn't cope with him.
Think there was one moment in the second half, Nelson had the ball and Watmore was in acres of space of wide and was screaming for the ball. Nelson looked up and played a ball straight through the middle to their keeper. Summed up the performance today.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Spot on. We should have been putting everything through watmore because Raith couldn't cope with him.
Think there was one moment in the second half, Nelson had the ball and Watmore was in acres of space of wide and was screaming for the ball. Nelson looked up and played a ball straight through the middle to their keeper. Summed up the performance today.

Remember it well!

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 10:47 PM

:agree: I think I pointed out my displeasure at this lack of vision in a manner that may have not been very complimentary :rolleyes:

matty_f
08-02-2014, 10:50 PM
:agree: I think I pointed out my displeasure at this lack of vision in a manner that may have not been very complimentary :rolleyes:

Yep, think I may have politely suggested he might have taken the wrong option as well.

Stevie Reid
08-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Yep, think I may have politely suggested he might have taken the wrong option as well.

T'was a Tourette's chorus all round I think!

libernian
08-02-2014, 11:24 PM
yes i do wat more

LancsHibs
09-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Great skill and never gave up trying, not afraid to take a player on. Our MOTM by far. We'll done son:thumbsup:

overdrive
09-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Need to get the ball to his feet. No point in launching the ball full pelt at his neck which is what we seemed to be doing.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2014, 08:18 AM

Looked like a real footballer, one that will get other players involved.

Smiggy 7-0
09-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Think there was one moment in the second half, Nelson had the ball and Watmore was in acres of space of wide and was screaming for the ball. Nelson looked up and played a ball straight through the middle to their keeper. Summed up the performance today.More than once, never looked in the direction of team mate, just hoofed it anywhere, which normally found a Raith player.

seven nowt
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I was, and still am very excited about Duncan.

JMac
09-02-2014, 06:58 PM
"I'm more than happy to write this season off" ehh no thanks...? Terrible OP

SaulGoodman
09-02-2014, 08:09 PM
"I'm more than happy to write this season off" ehh no thanks...? Terrible OP

Should we not be writing this season off? What's still to play for?

silverhibee
11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Good debut from the young lad and hope there is a lot more of it until the end of the season from him, i just hope he is a tough lad though as he is going to come in for some hefty challenges from opposing teams starting with County this weekend, no doubt players like Brittain will have a good kicking at Waltmore early in the game, hopefully the ref protects him from this stuff.

GREEN WARLORD
11-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Should we not be writing this season off? What's still to play for?

24 points!

ahibby
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM
At the risk of getting shot down, I'll liken him to a young Paddy McCourt.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Wonder if we can do a Sparky with him and get him for a second season loan? Sunderland won't be selling him but would be good if they thought a second season of first team games would do him good? Have my doubts though seeing as he has already played for their first team

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-02-2014, 02:13 PM
As for the comparison with Paddy McCourt, this young lad will go on to achieve a hell of a lot more in his career than McCourt. I thought his attitude on Sat was spot on, he was dead on his feet at the end and was still chasing back to defend. Similar skill yeah, but night and day with their attitudes and desire to succeed

Moon unit
11-02-2014, 06:47 PM
This lad is a star in the making...even with the doom and gloom around at the moment I will get along to see this Lad play! If you have not had the chance to see him yet,get along and enjoy..you never know the others might do a turn as well!
:flag:

Leishy1995
11-02-2014, 07:46 PM
How can you write of a season when we are 6 points ahead of a play off spot and 7 points behind 5th? Let's get top 6 and build next season.

patch1875
11-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Wat you want? Watmore - Bob Marley

Aldo
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Wonder if we can do a Sparky with him and get him for a second season loan? Sunderland won't be selling him but would be good if they thought a second season of first team games would do him good? Have my doubts though seeing as he has already played for their first team

He is very highly rated by Sunderland and want him playing first team football instead of U20's or U23.

I doubt any decision to extend anything will happen until pre season.

Sort of player I'm hoping Marsella can unearth from the lower leagues.

SaulGoodman
12-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Edited the OP because you are all a bunch of miserable nit-picking barstools :duck: