PDA

View Full Version : well done Raith

Bostonhibby
08-02-2014, 04:07 PM
The latest team to arrive at Easter Road with a semblance of a plan, stick to it, and roll over the soft touches that we are at home.

Sprouleflyer
08-02-2014, 04:41 PM
The latest team to arrive at Easter Road with a semblance of a plan, stick to it, and roll over the soft touches that we are at home.

10 goals conceded at home in the last 3 games, 6 by St Mirren and Raith. Lose next week and we are in serious trouble!

Might just be an Edinburgh derby next season after all!

down-the-slope
08-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Well done the Rovers 3rd biggest away support at ER this season..

They played well and pressed us high up the pitch and used width to cut us apart. Didn't let their heads go down or plan change even when we twice got quick equalizers. Their CF won every ball in the air as did the right winger (great ploy pitching him against Stevenson)
And their Keeper made saves when we did get it right.

Hope they do well in next round

(one of my best ever footballing days was at Ibrox when they beat Celtic to win league cup final)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
**** them. Cracking support though so fair play.

S4uzee
08-02-2014, 05:18 PM
**** them. Cracking support though so fair play.

Good support that hardly made a noise! Them singing about 1902 is a bit cringey seeing as they've never won it

IberianHibernian
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Deserved win . Outfought us and outplayed us tactically . A neutral would have struggled to know which team was in the higher división .

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Wish them well, they wanted it more. I have a feeling that they will get Rangers at home next round.

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Sorrybut "wanted it more" is utter bull ****.
They were better than us full stop. They deserved their win because they were better not because they wanted it more.

Aye very good, they were better than us today because they wanted it more, it's not really that hard to understand.

wookie70
08-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Deserved their win. They were better than us and they wanted it more

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Bull ****, not that hard to understand but if helps you sleep at night? Go for it.

Ok if it's not that hard to understand then why are you having so much trouble with it ? I sleep fine thanks.

Cameron1875
08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Fk raith. Just a mix of Huns and Hearts fans with some fifers mixed in.

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 06:33 PM

Surprised they never got a standing ovation as they left the pitch either. :cb

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes, well done to Raith. They scored three goals away to a Premier League side. They deserve their win and their celebrations. Best of luck to them in the next round.

hibbysam
08-02-2014, 06:52 PM
I personally thought the west clapping them off the pitch showed a lot that's wrong with this club... We should be fuming that we've been beat by pish like raith, not giving them a round of applause like were happy with what they had done!

Sir David Gray
08-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Good luck to them.

The better team won today and they deserved to go through.

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Yep, good luck to them and Callum. Best team won.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2014, 07:02 PM
I personally thought the west clapping them off the pitch showed a lot that's wrong with this club... We should be fuming that we've been beat by pish like raith, not giving them a round of applause like were happy with what they had done!

Sad state of affairs it would be if sportsmanship were to be considered to be something WRONG! Oh wait a minute!!!!!

matty_f
08-02-2014, 07:05 PM

I clapped them off. They deserved the win and the applause was merited imho.

The Utility Man
08-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Well done Raith and all that but I partially feel the reason we lost was that the fans only got really behind the team from start-our 1st goal and then from their 2nd-our 2nd I was quite dissapointed at this as I felt we had a decent turnout today and if we had got behind the team for the full 90 minutes who knows what would have happened? I'm not saying it was the fans fault for the loss(as the match was sheer drivel) but players surely thrive on a good atmosphere instead of getting sheer pelters from their so called "fans" they know themselves when they are playing p*** and don't need another 10000 folk telling them that too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Good support that hardly made a noise! Them singing about 1902 is a bit cringey seeing as they've never won it

Made more noise than us IMO.

hibbysam
08-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Celtic deserved to beat us two weeks ago... Should we be clapping them off as well? No wonder our players are soft as **** when our fans are even softer!!

marinello59
08-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Celtic deserved to beat us two weeks ago... Should we be clapping them off as well? No wonder our players are soft as **** when our fans are even softer!!

Crap. We were outplayed by a lower league team. They deserved the applause. Our soft centred underachieving wasters certainly didn't. Blaming the fans for anything is pathetic.

silverhibee
08-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Yes they deserved there win, but why should they merit applause, celtc deserved there win, did you give them applause when they came of the pitch, i think we have been over this one before. :greengrin

DaveF
08-02-2014, 08:42 PM

I didn't. I was too busy shouting abuse at our useless bunch of ****wits as they deserved it.

You should be looking closer to home.

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Fair play to them for beating us. They obviously deserved it. Won't catch me clapping them though.

I'll be interesting how Terry handles this. He can't keep slagging the players as we need them for the rest of the season.

hfc rd
08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
They deserved the victory as they showed much more hunger to win the game than our pathetic full time losers (excluding Watmore).

marinello59
08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
I didn't. I was too busy shouting abuse at our useless bunch of ****wits as they deserved it.

Any applause given to Raith was after our wasters had left the pitch to a volley of well deserved abuse.

DaveF
08-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Any applause given to Raith was after our wasters had left the pitch to a volley of well deserved abuse.

I can agree with that. I'd hate to think you wasted positive energy on any Hibernian player who disgraced the jersey today :greengrin

The Sea-gull
08-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm all for sportsmanship but clapping a lower league team off when they have beaten us? Na, no matter how well they have played and how much they deserve it, clapping them off is not for me.

Folk who do this are probably the same people that stay behind and clap Hibs off every week no matter how well they have played (I've seen a few people do this) and then come on here and tell everyone what great supporters they are and how it is the fans fault we got beat.

matty_f
08-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Do you think I didn't manage both?

matty_f
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM

:agree:

DaveF
08-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Mibbe, so I was just checking :greengrin

sleeping giant
08-02-2014, 09:06 PM

:hilarious

Where you booing while clapping :greengrin

matty_f
08-02-2014, 09:10 PM
:hilarious

Where you booing while clapping :greengrin

The time I got down to the exit the Hibs players had long gone, the Raith players were still on the pitch. :greengrin

matty_f
08-02-2014, 09:12 PM

No celtc can gtf. Raith beat us fair and square despite being huge underdogs, completely different imho.

truehibernian
08-02-2014, 09:15 PM
No celtc can gtf. Raith beat us fair and square despite being huge underdogs, completely different imho.

Yep, 100% agree - plus they have a really nice Board, all top top folk and have the game at heart. Was lucky to meet a few of them at Spartans a couple of years ago, really warm people and good luck to them - nice club.

Pete
08-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I used to love Raith and everything they stood for.

I'm a straight man having a pint in the gay village...and they can **** right off.

These ***** need to get with the times. Backward doesn't even cover it.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2014, 11:26 PM

Shows more wrong with you than the club.

ehf
08-02-2014, 11:47 PM

:agree: Totally. Raith are a small club (tho one with a fine heritage and a good fan base) operating on limited resources. They outplayed and outfought us today. A catastrophic result for us (and Butcher/Malpas) but the applause from the West was spontaneous and genuine - not soft, just Hibs class. Would not have happened at the PBS.

hibbysam
09-02-2014, 12:34 AM
:agree: Totally. Raith are a small club (tho one with a fine heritage and a good fan base) operating on limited resources. They outplayed and outfought us today. A catastrophic result for us (and Butcher/Malpas) but the applause from the West was spontaneous and genuine - not soft, just Hibs class. Would not have happened at the PBS.

Maybe why they have a knack of winning games at the PBS before this season while we get turned over time and time again by clubs at ER because clubs are happy coming here, they enjoy it and get an easy time of it!!

Less of the nicey nicey and more getting stuck in both on and off the pitch to clubs we should be hammering!

matty_f
09-02-2014, 12:54 AM
So is it now the fans' fault for being too nice?

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-02-2014, 01:00 AM
I was too pissed off with the hibs players to clap anybody off the pitch.

LancsHibs
09-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Bollox they were better than us. What were people watching today?? Over the 90 minutes we were clearly the better football team. They were lucky with their goals, we defended poorly, the keeper needs to have a word with himself about the 3rd goal and we should have had a replay at least as that was a blatant penalty near the end and can't believe Heffernan didn't score when beautifully put through! Bad day:boo hoo:

marinello59
09-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Maybe why they have a knack of winning games at the PBS before this season while we get turned over time and time again by clubs at ER because clubs are happy coming here, they enjoy it and get an easy time of it!!

Less of the nicey nicey and more getting stuck in both on and off the pitch to clubs we should be hammering!

Go on then, explain to us how a show of sportsmanship after the game by fans who were clearly still furious at their own teams performance caused us to lose yesterday. Given that it happened after the match this should be good. I wrongly thought that the blame for our abject performance lay with the players and the management. Perhaps the only solution is to transfer our fans out and get some better ones in.

hibbysam
09-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Go on then, explain to us how a show of sportsmanship after the game by fans who were clearly still furious at their own teams performance caused us to lose yesterday. Given that it happened after the match this should be good. I wrongly thought that the blame for our abject performance lay with the players and the management. Perhaps the only solution is to transfer our fans out and get some better ones in.

Did the raith players look scared to come to a big stadium like Easter road? No because they get treated like royalty by our fans... The only abuse out fans huckle is to our own players... St Mirren came and rolled over the top of us... The same players go away from home and play with all the freedom and come away with results? Coincidence I think not!! It's fine though, let's sit and applaud every other team that beats us off.. We had just been humiliated by ****ing raith rovers in the cup and people seemed pleased about it!!

marinello59
09-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Did the raith players look scared to come to a big stadium like Easter road? No because they get treated like royalty by our fans... The only abuse out fans huckle is to our own players... St Mirren came and rolled over the top of us... The same players go away from home and play with all the freedom and come away with results? Coincidence I think not!! It's fine though, let's sit and applaud every other team that beats us off.. We had just been humiliated by ****ing raith rovers in the cup and people seemed pleased about it!!

No they didn't.
I don't see anybody here pleased about what happened yesterday. You keep playing your uberfan card though and making stuff up to further stoke your own ego about how good a fan you are compared to others.

hibbysam
09-02-2014, 10:49 PM
No they didn't.
I don't see anybody here pleased about what happened yesterday. You keep playing your uberfan card though and making stuff up to further stoke your own ego about how good a fan you are compared to others.

Smiles and rounds of applause... If that doesn't look like someone is pleased I don't know what is!! I'm not saying I'm any better than anyone else... But by god we are clapping a team off that had just humiliated us... That shouldn't happen!! We wouldn't do it to hearts Celtic Aberdeen or any spl side, so why the hell would we do it to a first division side?? Were soft as **** from the top of our club, through the players and back room staff right to the fans and accept defeat and carry on to the next game! That yesterday was unacceptable and it's not the first time!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Nobody was 'smiling' at the end of the game yesterday. A few fans applauded a lower level team who had just turned up and won against the odds. Nobody was happy FFS! There's problems at our club but a few fans showing sportsmanship AFTER a game certainly isn't one of them.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Smiles and rounds of applause... If that doesn't look like someone is pleased I don't know what is!! I'm not saying I'm any better than anyone else... But by god we are clapping a team off that had just humiliated us... That shouldn't happen!! We wouldn't do it to hearts Celtic Aberdeen or any spl side, so why the hell would we do it to a first division side?? Were soft as **** from the top of our club, through the players and back room staff right to the fans and accept defeat and carry on to the next game! That yesterday was unacceptable and it's not the first time!

Try saying that to James McDonaugh and you'd better have your running shoes on...

snooky
09-02-2014, 11:48 PM

So did I Matty, disappointed as I was with our performance and the result.

Raith raised their game and we lowered ours.

joe breezy
10-02-2014, 05:57 AM

I hope someone in the West Stand will score for Hibs next week.

whiskyhibby
10-02-2014, 06:05 AM
I hope someone in the West Stand will score for Hibs next week.

Actually Hibs players scored two in the Raith game and but for the bar, some poor choices in front of goal and some great goalkeeping could have had double that!

marinello59
10-02-2014, 06:33 AM

Smiles? Were you even there Mr Uberfan?

marinello59
10-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Try saying that to James McDonaugh and you'd better have your running shoes on...

Chuck Norris tells hibbysam jokes. Fact.

The_Sauz
10-02-2014, 04:05 PM
You must have been suicidal when you saw the Hibs players shake hands with the Raith players after the game....how dare they!! :rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
10-02-2014, 04:18 PM

i would like to think that as though we were all unhappy we got beaten on saturday that we are big enough as fans to see when a team has beaten us fair and square and put some effort in to do it.
not that i would do it for the jambos or the old squirm !!