PDA

View Full Version : 18 months maybe more of apathay

Captain Trips
08-02-2014, 04:04 PM
I so loved going to games I just and have for ages now felt less and less interested in paying money to Hibs to watch them and in Scottish football in general, not a glory hunter but would like to be going to games thinking likely to get something than losing which for years IMO has been the case.

I couldnt even offer my opinion on our best 11 anymore, I have even barely been on here which im sure a few will enjoy:greengrin. At least on here regardless of the results we could discuss disagree and have banter I just feel so uninterested even that seldom occurs. Maybe being 40 this year has something to do with it but I feel putting my money into other things more fulfilling.

Jim44
08-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I so loved going to games I just and have for ages now felt less and less interested in paying money to Hibs to watch them and in Scottish football in general, not a glory hunter but would like to be going to games thinking likely to get something than losing which for years IMO has been the case.

I couldnt even offer my opinion on our best 11 anymore, I have even barely been on here which im sure a few will enjoy:greengrin. At least on here regardless of the results we could discuss disagree and have banter I just feel so uninterested even that seldom occurs. Maybe being 40 this year has something to do with it but I feel putting my money into other things more fulfilling.

I can sympathise with your attitude. I have supported Hibs since 1957 :shocked: and have gone from (as a youngster) attending all home games and some away games, then gradually going only to maybe 50% home games and the odd away game, then on to only selected home games during the 80's and 90's with a renewed interest during the McLeish and Mowbray times. For the past few years I have hardly set foot in ER except for the odd game, maybe a cup tie and oh, I did go to that Cup Final, (what a glory hunter, eh?). I couldn't face going to last year's cup final and haven't even considered going back this season. Like you, I've got better things to do and spend my cash on. Unlike you however I still enjoy regularly coming on this message-board and even entertained the thought of going back to the odd game to see a rejuvenated Butcher side. Alas it's not to be in the immediate future but as the saying goes, 'never say never'.

mcfly
08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
First time in a long time Im not gonna renew my season ticket.

Today was a disgrace.

But no games to look forward to next year. No derbies, no games v rangers.

Also the standard of refereeing for all teams has dropped to such an appalling level I'm just fed up of it all.

GreenCastle
08-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Another opportunity lost today - with several teams knocked out the Scottish Cup.

My problem is the way we lose - I can accept we won't win every game but to be so bad and not even be able to the basics is hard to take.

I've seen players in local non league games better at controlling the ball / passing and moving etc.

If we play like that much longer we may end up relegated!

hibbymick
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
First time in a long time Im not gonna renew my season ticket.

Today was a disgrace.

But no games to look forward to next year. No derbies, no games v rangers.

Also the standard of refereeing for all teams has dropped to such an appalling level I'm just fed up of it all.

I wont be renewing either, defo going to pick and choose my games next season.

Carheenlea
08-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I still look forward to going to watch Hibs, despite the frustration that often follows. Non Hibernian football on the other hand is a sport I now have absolutely no interest in now though, and have been becoming less and less interested over the last 5 or 6 years or so. I honestly couldn`t tell you the last time I watched a game in it`s entirety on the telly, although I did catch half of last Sundays semi final from Easter Road and must admit to enjoying that very much indeed!