PDA

View Full Version : Tommorow's Crowd

Smiggy 7-0
07-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Any idea how tickets sales are going, apparently Raith have filled bottom section. So there will be plenty noise from them. Got mine on Tuesday no problem.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Just bought the last two.

Gus Fring
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
The centre 3 sections of the east are filling up but there are still loads left everywhere else. The West and FF still have availability in every section as well (apart from hospitality)

green&left
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
With them selling 2000+ i'd like to think the overall attendance will be at least 11,000.

Still to buy mine, will just pay at the gate (or the modern day pay at the ticket pod equivalent) as will most of the folk I go with.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm going but will buy tomorrow.

Wish I had got the CTU now.

Islington Hibs
07-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Looks quite busy in the East and Famous Five filling up. Could be heading for 12k if Raith bring a couple of thousand. Would be great to get more than the mutants last week.... Big game - could re-ignite the season so lets do it!:flag:

Keith_M
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
For some reason, there doesn't seem to be much of an excitement/expectation about this game. Maybe it's because we're going through a bad spell of results, but it is dissapointing.

I'm not helping with the crowd figures, as I couldn't get time off my work to make my regular Cup pilgrimage.

:boo hoo:

Hibstrooper
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm going but will buy tomorrow.

Wish I had got the CTU now.

Me too, I only don't have it because I forgot to tick the box. Can't remember the last season where you would have actually lost out getting it, always pays for itself

Ronniekirk
07-02-2014, 04:14 PM
With them selling 2000+ i'd like to think the overall attendance will be at least 11,000.

Still to buy mine, will just pay at the gate (or the modern day pay at the ticket pod equivalent) as will most of the folk I go with.

Cant go and haven't missed a Scottish cup game for years Surely if will be over 11 000 given it's the Scottish cup and there support is very decent .Some new players on show ,but weather again may not be great .think this is a big month for us and shapes how rest of season may go .get a few decent results and crowds will build .

Pete
07-02-2014, 04:16 PM
For some reason, there doesn't seem to be much of an excitement/expectation about this game. Maybe it's because we're going through a bad spell of results, but it is disappointing:

we've been on worse runs than this (I didn't realise it was that bad) and been more up for it when it comes to the cup.

I think there's an element of expectancy about this one, which is dangerous.
I trust that the dressing room will have no such feelings. I hope so anyway, because if we take them lightly they are capable of winning.

B.H.F.C
07-02-2014, 04:27 PM
10k tops

inglisavhibs
07-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Raith are expecting 1600 fans to travel. Looking at our sales so far we will do well to get the overall crowd up to 10k. Love cup ties and looking forward to this one.

Carheenlea
07-02-2014, 04:45 PM
10k tops

Would be an insult to the club if that was all we could muster. Scottish Cup, not on telly, Saturday 2pm KO - should be looking at 13-14K taking into consideration a sizable Raith Rovers support and new players with the apparent attributes that were demanded.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Would be an insult to the club if that was all we could muster. Scottish Cup, not on telly, Saturday 2pm KO - should be looking at 13-14K taking into consideration a sizable Raith Rovers support and new players with the apparent attributes that were demanded.

:agree::agree:

B.H.F.C
07-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Season tickets not valid for those without the top up. Look back at the cup crowds over the last few years at Easter Road and they are usually lower than what we average in the league. With the exception of the Hearts ties. On the flip side, if the game was at Raith I've no doubt we'd sell out our end. Seems to be more appetite for away ties in the Scottish.

Geo_1875
07-02-2014, 05:03 PM

Ridiculous kick off time. Should be 3:00 pm. I'll still be there.

inglisavhibs
07-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Season tickets not valid for those without the top up. Look back at the cup crowds over the last few years at Easter Road and they are usually lower than what we average in the league. With the exception of the Hearts ties. On the flip side, if the game was at Raith I've no doubt we'd sell out our end. Seems to be more appetite for away ties in the Scottish.
Yes and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm among Hibs fans I know for attending this one. Shame really as cup ties can be the best games to watch. Maybe we will get a lot of walk ups but not holding out too much hope.

bandylegs_jLeighton
07-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Sales don't look great. Probably be 9k total at most.

frazeHFC
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Sales don't look great. Probably be 9k total at most.

Is that including cup top up? Although they are essentially tickets sold doesn't mean they will be there. Know a few (myself possibly included) who aren't going but have them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm going, can't wait! Get yourselves along if you can, lets show the new guys what we are all about:flag:

Nevi_SOL
07-02-2014, 06:06 PM
We are the same as a lot of people buying on the day

proud_and_green
07-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Doesn't matter to me, cup or league, I want to see the Hibees. My daughter is coming down on the train from Aberdeen, watching the game and going straight back up after.

But then, I think we must be Uber Fans....:wink:

Alfred E Newman
07-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I wonder how many are not bothering going tomorrow but will definitely be going to the final.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I wonder how many are not bothering going tomorrow but will definitely be going to the final.

Mmm
I will be disappointed if at least 10,000 Hibs fans don't turn up tomorrow

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Mmm

Me too.

down-the-slope
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
ctu - bought to support playing budget....this is my treat for it :greengrin

Also hoping this is the year / see new loanees

Hibernia&Alba
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Mmm

Yes, it should be the minimum expectation for what should be good cup tie.

Brooster
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
The usual suspects will have an excuse for not going no doubt. Hopefully get 10k plus.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2014, 07:00 PM
How many games this season have we had 10K plus Hibs fans?

I'll be there and hoping for a good crowd, with Raith selling 1600+ I think a total crowd of 10K is likely but not sure where folk are getting at least 10K Hibs fans.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Can't imagine there will be any Hibees who know they will definitely going to the final just yet.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Yes, it should be the minimum expectation for what should be good cup tie.

Personally my expectations are all about what happens on the pitch, I couldn't care less about the crowd.

Glory Lurker
07-02-2014, 07:07 PM

I'm going tomorrow, but definitely won't bother to go to the final. The final's way over-rated IMO. :greengrin

Bad Habits
07-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Is the game on TV at all?

scoopyboy
07-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Is the game on TV at all?

BBC have a highlights package that will include every game.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Anyone expecting a big crowd is in for a disappointment. I predict a lowly Jambos-in-home-city-in-national-cup-semi level of attendance.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
By that last post I didn't mean to imply that the Jambos have no chance of this FOH CVA and that liquidation is inevitable, but if some people choose to interpret it in that way then there's precious little I can do about it.

weonlywon6-2
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
dont expwct there to be a big crowd ,10,000 tops if we are lucky,very lucky

Ronniekirk
07-02-2014, 11:22 PM
dont expwct there to be a big crowd ,10,000 tops if we are lucky,very lucky

If we can't get total crowd of more than 10,000 for Scottish cup game it's a sad state of affairs and would explain why we aren't in top six For any one who is able to go and is swithering , get off your arse and make things happen We can't do it without you

B.H.F.C
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
If we can't get total crowd of more than 10,000 for Scottish cup game it's a sad state of affairs and would explain why we aren't in top six For any one who is able to go and is swithering , get off your arse and make things happen We can't do it without you

It wouldn't explain why we are not in the top 6 at all. Four of the six teams currently in the top 6 all get well under 10k week after week.

I don't understand why people are surprised that we may have a poor crowd tomorrow. Cup games often attract less of a home support, usually because season tickets aren't valid. It's not unique to hibs either.

Springbank
08-02-2014, 05:44 AM
It wouldn't explain why we are not in the top 6 at all. Four of the six teams currently in the top 6 all get well under 10k week after week.

I don't understand why people are surprised that we may have a poor crowd tomorrow. Cup games often attract less of a home support, usually because season tickets aren't valid. It's not unique to hibs either.

We do tend to have a bigger following in the SC than most though, and its great credit to the Hibs support that we packed out Rugby Park for a Sunday game that was live on telly, then took big supports to Hampden 4 times for games that were also on tv.

im one of the minority who knows we'll win this pot sometime and when we do it will be a pretty decent party :greengrin

Brooster
08-02-2014, 07:05 AM

Did you not say earlier in this thread that you are not going to the game?

DarlingtonHibee
08-02-2014, 07:09 AM
We are travelling up for the game - normally buy in advance but haven't. Looking for two in the west stand -where are the pods to buy tickets - is it cash only - thanks in advance

Brooster
08-02-2014, 07:23 AM
We are travelling up for the game - normally buy in advance but haven't. Looking for two in the west stand -where are the pods to buy tickets - is it cash only - thanks in advance

There's a pod along from the club shop, past the famous five and there's another just outside the east stand. Im not sure if there is one near the West or if we only have two pods. I think the pods will be busy today.

DarlingtonHibee
08-02-2014, 07:27 AM
There's a pod along from the club shop, past the famous five and there's another just outside the east stand. Im not sure if there is one near the West or if we only have two pods. I think the pods will be busy today.

Thanks I'm working on the assumption there are no cash gates

Ronniekirk
08-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Did you not say earlier in this thread that you are not going to the game?

Yep you are right ( have to visit family on Arran) but rarely missed a Scottish cup game in past forty years gutted .Think this will be a decent game too would encourage those that can go but who haven't decided yet to get along .Its Hibs ,it's the Scottish Cup , and always think there is something special about these games and that in itself used to mean better than average crowd especially away from home .

Brooster
08-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Yep you are right ( have to visit family on Arran) but rarely missed a Scottish cup game in past forty years gutted .Think this will be a decent game too would encourage those that can go but who haven't decided yet to get along .Its Hibs ,it's the Scottish Cup , and always think there is something special about these games and that in itself used to mean better than average crowd especially away from home .

Its a bit cheeky saying its a sad state of affairs if we dont get 10k if you cant be bothered to go.

joe breezy
08-02-2014, 07:49 AM
If I was in Edinburgh I'd be there even though I'm still paying for the cost of Xmas - should be pay at the gate if possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
08-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Its a bit cheeky saying its a sad state of affairs if we dont get 10k if you cant be bothered to go.

Its not a question of can't be bothered sometimes though you have to put family before football and this is one of those occasions .There have been many other times it's been the other way round .I blame the Mother in Law this time :wink:

iwasthere1972
08-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks I'm working on the assumption there are no cash gates

Pods are the new cash.

basehibby
08-02-2014, 09:39 AM
I think there will be a pretty decent crowd today - no footy last week and a feast of interesting new signings to savour - 12,000 is my prerdiction.

AngusHibby
08-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Anyone reckon the 2 o'clock kick off will throw a fair few off?

inglisavhibs
08-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Doubt it. More likely to gain a few allowing people to watch the egg chasing at 5.

iwasthere1972
08-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Can't see why. Plenty drinking time before the game for those who want to have a bevvy. In fact I prefer the earlier kick off time. Get home before it gets dark.

marinello59
08-02-2014, 11:35 AM

An hour earlier? Anybody who says they aren't going because of that were not going anyway.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2014, 11:36 AM
An hour earlier? Anybody who says they aren't going because of that were not going anyway.

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2014, 12:41 PM

Apart from those who normally finish work at 2 and make a 3 KO no problem!